[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,632 1,230 23
I love how people are debating about a mythical place where musical styles could have evolved differently so all arguments are basically moot.

Reactions
2,877 827 25
I love how people are debating about a mythical place where musical styles could have evolved differently so all arguments are basically moot.
He addresses that specifically in the post where he asks:
Fantasy setting aside, and the impossibility for anything to be accurate in regards to a fake history, I'm curious as to just how anachronistic the song is in regards to real world medieval bard music.
--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,632 1,230 23
Pat, you really need to stop pointing out my skimming of posts and missing key details.

It upsets me.

Reactions
2,877 827 25
Are you at least 35 years of age and male?
If so, here is an article that may interest you:
Let’s settle the question of Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf once and for all
My memory of Blue Thunder as an elementary schooler is an hour of boring adults doing boring things followed by 30 minutes that made me happier than a puppy. That's because our hero pilot/cop takes to the sky in his armored murder-copter to do battle with police cars, other choppers, and a couple F-16s. For reasons.
Airwolf, by contrast, was a totally different thing. It was a TV show that ran on CBS from 1984 to 1986 before squeezing out one more season on the USA network. It also involved an experimental military chopper flown by a sullen ex-Army pilot with the shockingly preposterous name "Stringfellow Hawke." [My editor says that] if you watch all of Airwolf in order you can actually see star Jan-Michael Vincent get progressively drunker and more checked-out as the show goes on.
Got it? Good. Now let's turn to the important questions these two helicopter franchises raise. One: which machine is more awesome? And two: would I emerge from this project with my sanity intact?
--Patrick

Last edited: