[Movies] Talk about the last movie you saw 2: Electric Threadaloo

Yeah, generally. Horror movies are 99% God awful. Whenever I hear about one that's considered ACTUALLY GOOD, like It Follows (which, also, was alright) I generally jump at the chance to see it.
I don't think just alright is as good as the entire genre has done.

Netflix has added The Babadook. Everyone says it's an excellent horror movie, so I know what I'm watching this weekend.
I dug it. They had a shoe string budget and made it work in their favor, making one of the most genuinely scary movies I've seen in a long time. Definitely something I'd recommend.

Speaking of repeating viewing, how does At World's End hold up? I've only seen it the once in theatre so far. I liked it, but it didn't have that same "I could watch this multiple times" like his other work.
I've only seen it once too! I'll see if I can fit it in sometime soon. Daredevil is taking up all my viewing time right now.

Finally saw Interstellar... holy shit, that was pretty damn good.

I'm pretty sure I know the part that people get hung up on and dislike the movie for, but I was totally ok with that part.

Is it weird that I'm more happy TARS made it than Cooper? He had a lot of personality for a silver rectangle.

Finally saw Interstellar... holy shit, that was pretty damn good.

I'm pretty sure I know the part that people get hung up on and dislike the movie for, but I was totally ok with that part.

Is it weird that I'm more happy TARS made it than Cooper? He had a lot of personality for a silver rectangle.
I am so glad the robot didn't kill anyone.

Dave

Staff member
I was not a fan of Interstellar. I thought some of the beginning and middle had promise, but it was too neat in some of the middle places and the end.
Like the time distortions on the planets that they KNEW how much time it was going to be. Or that they survived the awesome gravitational compacting of the black hole, with something just doing something to save them at the last second like the underwater creatures did in The Abyss. Shitty deus ex machina ending that just insults your intelligence.

Don't even get me started on the "farmer that just happens to be our only hope because he's secretly an astronaut" thing. Blargh.

Don't even get me started on the "farmer that just happens to be our only hope because he's secretly an astronaut" thing. Blargh.
Well, he's not secretly an astronaut. It's pretty well known that he's a former astronaut and engineer. But he, and everyone else, was forced to become a farmer, because the world was running out of food. That's why NASA was operating in secret, and the subplot about denying his children college access because they had to be farmers.

I rewatched this movie the other weekend while not exactly sober, and I simultaneously laughed and felt intensely shame for everyone involved. At least some of their careers survived (sorry, Shannon Elizabeth, you had a good run :( )
She's still doing stuff here and there as well as almost everyone in that flick, its Jason Lee's ex-wife who you should feel sorry for. Holy shit did he destroy her, total shit-lord.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I know one was the girl in the dressing room in Mallrats, but he has been married more than once.
That was Joey Lauren Adams, I don't think that's who we're talking about, is it?.... was she even IN Jay and Silent Bob strike back? I know she was in Chasing Amy.

Jason Lee's first wife was Carmen Llywelyn. She was in Chasing Amy and, after they had gotten married, she was basically harassed regularly by Scientology agents until Jason abruptly divorced her.

Jason Lee's first wife was Carmen Llywelyn. She was in Chasing Amy and, after they had gotten married, she was basically harassed regularly by Scientology agents until Jason abruptly divorced her.
She didn't like Scientology and thanks to that Lee divorced her, and then their agent dropped her. It wasn't the church as much as it was Lee and their agent that ruined her career.

Have you heard about how the church of scientology reacts to people who dislike their religion in hollywood?
About all they can actually do is ask/tell their members not to do work with people who are open about it. In some cases this can hurt you (you won't be working with Travolta or Cruise anytime soon) but Scientology's grip on Hollywood isn't nearly as severe as some people make it out to be... and they certainly aren't going to call open season on someone with as much media presence as a star in Hollywood. They didn't even go after the South Park guys that hard because they knew it would just make things worse for Scientologists.

Now... OUTSIDE of politics, business, or Hollywood? Yeah, you're kind of fucked. They're basically going to ruin your life.

Well, he's not secretly an astronaut. It's pretty well known that he's a former astronaut and engineer. But he, and everyone else, was forced to become a farmer, because the world was running out of food. That's why NASA was operating in secret, and the subplot about denying his children college access because they had to be farmers.
Dude, it's a three-hour movie. Old guys like Dave and my dad fall asleep at movies.

Dude, it's a three-hour movie. Old guys like Dave and my dad fall asleep at movies.
I'm just saying, if 95% of all people on earth are now farmers, the odds of the hero being a farmer is pretty damn high.

Though, in this case, he was a farmer that spent all of his time capturing old military AI and re-engineering it into robotic farm equipment.

I'm just saying, if 95% of all people on earth are now farmers, the odds of the hero being a farmer is pretty damn high.

Though, in this case, he was a farmer that spent all of his time capturing old military AI and re-engineering it into robotic farm equipment.
There weren't too many of them drawn to his house; I'm guessing he did more farming than catching and converting those things. I'm pretty sure he did more farming than he liked.

Did anyone see a single animal in that movie?

There weren't too many of them drawn to his house; I'm guessing he did more farming than catching and converting those things. I'm pretty sure he did more farming than he liked.

Did anyone see a single animal in that movie?
No, I didn't see any animals. Also, I'm pretty sure he loved farming, my dad said so (though, he slept through some of the middle).

No, I didn't see any animals. Also, I'm pretty sure he loved farming, my dad said so (though, he slept through some of the middle).
He didn't particularly like it, but his son loved it.

Also most everything had died out, far as I could understand, in terms of crops and livestock. They mentioned the final Okra crop was blighted and corn was basically all they had left.

Are you making a joke about the joke Murphy pulls on him? :p

He didn't particularly like it, but his son loved it.

Also most everything had died out, far as I could understand, in terms of crops and livestock. They mentioned the final Okra crop was blighted and corn was basically all they had left.
I'd never even heard of Okra before this movie, so for all I know, its demise is true to life.

My bro-in-law is from the Boston area, and he had no idea what okra was either. I thought he was just teasing at first. I had no idea that it was such a southern dish. I think every BBQ place in the south serves it.