[Movies] Talk about the last movie you saw 2: Electric Threadaloo

Going by that same reasoning, he would be shooting web out of his ass. I just like the techno shooters because of fitting in with the comic universe origin.
I don't really care where he'd be shooting them from, I'm just saying for a guy whose powers are all about being a spider, I would think the web production would be part of the package deal. I know the non-organic webshooters have been used as a plot device on many occasion (Whoops! Ran out! Lawl!) but it always struck me as wrong.

I did see this on wiki
One biologist on the History Channel’s Spider-Man Tech suggested that it would be more plausible for Spider-Man to shoot webbing from the Submandibular gland beneath the tongue instead of from his forearms

I don't really care where he'd be shooting them from, I'm just saying for a guy whose powers are all about being a spider, I would think the web production would be part of the package deal. I know the non-organic webshooters have been used as a plot device on many occasion (Whoops! Ran out! Lawl!) but it always struck me as wrong.

I did see this on wiki

The limited web-shooters were some of the most dramatic scenes though, as well as the creation of the web-fluid cementing in readers minds that Spidey is a scientist. WHICH- is something a loooooooooooot of stories forget!

End of Watch. Expected a generic cop drama, got one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. Great characters, and a solid mix of action and dialogue. Highly recommended.

Safety Not Guaranteed.

Nice movie. It feels like it wants to be a darkish comedy, but doesn't quite hold up to that. It's worth watching though. It's a little quirky, but not overly so.

Madagascar Escape 2 Africa: I liked it, but I JUST liked it. Don't get me wrong It was all-right for sequel standards and DEFNITELY leagues above Shrek 2, but it still could've been better. The story didn't have that much meat to it, there were a few too many sub-plots going on, Alec Baldwin as the antagonist was kinda good but Leonardo Leonardo was more threatening and there coulda been more jokes. Not a movie I'd think about buying on DVD any time soon, but if its on TV I'd sit down and watch.

Madagascar 3: Europe's most wanted:...HOLY SHIT! Damn, that blew the other two out of the water. There was a good 3-act structure, Dubois was a great antagonist, and that circus act scene was really- REALLY awesome. And now I'm going to find a time-machine to watch it in 3-D on the big screen or realize my demonic potential and fold the fabric of space and time to my will, whichever is more convenient. Either way, great film and if this is where they end it a great ending to the trilogy.

Edit: OH CRAP! Meant to put Shrek 3 there. Yeah it was 3 A.M, I was tired.

fade

Staff member
What?? Shrek 2 was awesome. Jennifer Saunders singing I Need a Hero alone was worth the price of admission.

WHOOPS! Meant to put Shrek 3 there. Yeah Shrek 2 is awesome, I still own it on DVD. Still own the original Shrek to, but it is lost in the cabinets of multiple confusions.

The Secret of Kells. It's a very pretty movie about Irish priests trying to complete an illuminated manuscript, while their Abbot demands they continue building a wall to keep out Norse invaders. The high point of this movie is definitely the art, which draws deeply from illuminated manuscripts of the period, as well as being influenced by Mulan and Samurai Jack.

Looper - Terribly disappointing. Especially with all the praise it got. One dimensional characters, too many open points left hanging, predictable within 30 minutes of the actual ending etc. Ending also failed and overly unnecessary.
Could have just shot his own hand off instead of death. Overly dramatic for the purpose of drama

Looper - Terribly disappointing. Especially with all the praise it got. One dimensional characters, too many open points left hanging, predictable within 30 minutes of the actual ending etc. Ending also failed and overly unnecessary.
Could have just shot his own hand off instead of death. Overly dramatic for the purpose of drama
You're dead to me. :mad:

I really wanted to like it. Great cast, great idea, failure to produce. Hell I even loved the throw back to Die Hard when Bruce asks for the Asprin. Still, wasn't enough to save the glaring issues.
Eh, to each their own. I love it for being kind of a film noir sci-fi.

fade

Staff member
The Black Cauldron - awesome awesome awesome
Man, I just saw this recently, too, and I really did not like it. It doesn't help that I'm an enormous fan of the Prydain Chronicles. About the only thing this movie seems to have in common with the book, though, is some names. The book is heart-wrenchingly sad, and the movie almost feels insulting. I can see that it's well animated, and I guess it could stand on its own merits, but I can't help but hope for a better Prydain movie.

Rock of Ages

I just...am not really sure what I watched...I mean, I know what I watched, but....Wow. I saw more of Tom Cruise than I really ever wanted to. And now, knowing what it is, I would probably enjoy it more the second time around; no surprises. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the music and watching it with friends who sung aloud right a long with me. I grew up with all of those songs, so that was awesome! I was pretty impressed with everyone's vocals in the film. Knowing that Tom Cruise learned to sing for the role, he did well I thought! Julianne Hough sings really high...it bothered me at times. But really, everyone did well.

And this is the first movie where I could actually stand Russell Brand.

The costumes were awesomely accurate - very 80's.

I'm sorry, I have no...real opinion here. I mean, I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone? I'd have to know your tastses pretty well to know if I would tell you to watch this.

Rock of Ages

I just...am not really sure what I watched...I mean, I know what I watched, but....Wow. I saw more of Tom Cruise than I really ever wanted to. And now, knowing what it is, I would probably enjoy it more the second time around; no surprises. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the music and watching it with friends who sung aloud right a long with me. I grew up with all of those songs, so that was awesome! I was pretty impressed with everyone's vocals in the film. Knowing that Tom Cruise learned to sing for the role, he did well I thought! Julianne Hough sings really high...it bothered me at times. But really, everyone did well.

And this is the first movie where I could actually stand Russell Brand.

The costumes were awesomely accurate - very 80's.

I'm sorry, I have no...real opinion here. I mean, I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone? I'd have to know your tastses pretty well to know if I would tell you to watch this.
Good music done in bad karaoke with a truly bland and forgettable story.

Yes!

I'm sure my friends' and my awful singing didn't help the karaoke sound....:)

If I were to watch it again, I'd happily do it with that group of friends again cause they're fun. I don't think I'd watch that movie on my own accord.

I have Rock of Ages en route from Netflix right now, whoops

Maybe I'll just get drunk and watch Hollywood people embarass themselves????
You'd have an experience more like the Broadway show, which is one of the few Broadway shows where they serve booze during the performance. Actually, the Broadway show would be better because they butchered the show's story when they made the film.

You'd have an experience more like the Broadway show, which is one of the few Broadway shows where they serve booze during the performance. Actually, the Broadway show would be better because they butchered the show's story when they made the film.
Reeeeeeally. *takes notes for New York trip*

That's kind of awesome. I wondered what the Broadway show was like when I heard the film was based off of it.

And Charlie, I'm interested to read your take on Rock of Ages. =^^=

Watched Wreck-It Ralph tonight, for the first time. I enjoyed it, and enjoyed all the little references, easter eggs and nods to the old video games.

I now have an urge to hook up the old system and play some Rampage.

fade

Staff member
Drive Angry

What an absolute turd. Terrible acting. Really bad accents. It was made in 2011 and I can see bluescreen halos around people. That's inexcusable. Nick Cage acting badass reminds me of my nine year old acting badass. I'm far more amused than frightened.

Nick Cage acting badass reminds me of my nine year old acting badass. I'm far more amused than frightened.
You realize that's the point of Nick Cage movies right?

Taken 2 - Another surprise let down. Such a weak film, even a weaker sequel to such a great one.

Seven Psychopaths - Broke the streak of big hype but bad movies. This one delivered, and as many of you recall, I detest Colin Farrel so this was a big win.

Agreed on Taken 2. The action would have been a lot better if it weren't for the constant camera cutting. It was to the point I started getting a headache.