Super Smash Bros

I'm annoyed that they never seemed to say you needed to register the games by yesterday. I would have done so for a free character.
It was in the last Nintendo Direct and I saw it all over the place on March 30th, but that might be because I was already registered with Club Nintendo. I was actually kind of annoyed that they pushed that so hard with a deadline, and then said the character would only be $4-5 anyway.

If I get individual codes for 3DS and Wii U, you can have my Wii U code. I sold the Wii U version since I have no one at home to play it with (wife hates Smash Bros), so I just have the 3DS version to play with my Amiibos :foreveralone:.

I'm annoyed that they never seemed to say you needed to register the games by yesterday. I would have done so for a free character.
Every time I went to Club Nintendo, and every email I got from Nintendo, kept saying IN ALL CAPS that the final day to register everything was March 31st.

Has anyone been submitting entries for the Smash Bros. DLC ballot? Since Nintendo has started it, other game companies have started to chime in on the idea. Michael Spence over at Microsoft wants to see Banjo and Kazooie make it in, while the folks at WayForward are championing for Shantae.

Has anyone been submitting entries for the Smash Bros. DLC ballot? Since Nintendo has started it, other game companies have started to chime in on the idea. Michael Spence over at Microsoft wants to see Banjo and Kazooie make it in, while the folks at WayForward are championing for Shantae.
Part of me thinks that's cool, part of me is worried they're going to muddle the votes. That said, I'd love to see Banjo Kazooie (without being a Duck Hunt clone).

I put in for Knuckles. I mean, come on, his name is goddamn Knuckles for god's sake. Who better for a fighting game?
This is also a good one. As for me ...

Honestly, I'm still trying to decide who I'd submit my ballot for. The choices I'm considering from are:

King K. Rool
Bayonetta
Professor Layton
Lip (from Panel de Pon)
Shovel Knight
Urban Champion

Honestly, I'd cut this one for starters. I don't think he can bring anything of note to the game.

I notice no one's voting for Ridley :p.
For me, I could see a mechanic for King K. Rool where he has three movesets, but the Down B allows him to switch between them. The three movesets would of course have different looks, with one being his standard King K. Rool look, one for when he was Kaptain K. Rool, and finally when he was K. Roolenstein.

As for why the others:

Bayonetta (Successful third-party character who could add another female fighter to the title, also stands out with interesting moves and the fact she's from a rated M game)
Professor Layton (successful franchise, could have moves related to puzzles from the games)
Lip (could have an interesting mechanic to replicate a puzzle game feel)
Shovel Knight (HUGE success of a third-party character)
Urban Champion (his game was Nintendo's first (and honestly pretty crappy) fighting game, and I'd like to see the closest thing this franchise could have to Dan Hibiki)

For me, I could see a mechanic for King K. Rool where he has three movesets, but the Down B allows him to switch between them. The three movesets would of course have different looks, with one being his standard King K. Rool look, one for when he was Kaptain K. Rool, and finally when he was K. Roolenstein.
I hate to keep shitting on the idea, but that sounds like the same reason they had to divide Zelda from Shiek and Samus from Zero Suit Samus, because they couldn't get that kind of thing to work on the regular 3DS.

Isn't Bayonetta too explicitly sexual for a smash bros game?

I just really don't see Nintendo including her in the franchise.
Same. She'd be a fun fighter and including doesn't mean you have to include some of her suggestive poses, but her presence alone would mean an Amiibo and also kids getting exposed to the Bayonetta franchise. Nintendo has loosened up a lot with this kind of stuff, allowing it on their consoles, but Smash Bros is one of their most popular series.

Plus, her Final Smash attack would have to be a demon summon ... not sure Nintendo would want that either.

I hate to keep shitting on the idea, but that sounds like the same reason they had to divide Zelda from Shiek and Samus from Zero Suit Samus, because they couldn't get that kind of thing to work on the regular 3DS.

Same. She'd be a fun fighter and including doesn't mean you have to include some of her suggestive poses, but her presence alone would mean an Amiibo and also kids getting exposed to the Bayonetta franchise. Nintendo has loosened up a lot with this kind of stuff, allowing it on their consoles, but Smash Bros is one of their most popular series.

Plus, her Final Smash attack would have to be a demon summon ... not sure Nintendo would want that either.
Honestly, as much as some may disagree, you do raise some good points.

I think I'll vote for Lip. She's generally obscure, even if most people know her game from its reskinned variants like Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League, and she could have an interesting mechanic designed to evoke a puzzle game feel for her moves.

Zappit

Staff member
Lucas, Roy, and Ryu available today. Ryu's moves are stronger if you use the original SF commands.

Ryu gets a stage, Dream Land returns.

Costumes include Inkling Boy and Girl, Isabelle, Heihachi, Akira, and Megaman EXE.

The e-shop goes down in 3,2,1...

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Roy (Fire Emblem) hitting Roy (Koopaling) was funny.

I appreciate that the reasoning behind more Mega Man costumes is "due to series popularity."

Oh joy, Mii Fighter Amiibos. The entire appeal of Mii Fighters is customization; these figurines are stuck in the generic form.

Kind of wish Dream Land was free DLC, but whatever; it's my favorite stage from the older games, so I'll pay for it.

Instant replays to Youtube, as proper video files--I like.

Though the leak spoiled some things by a day, I think it was still pretty surprising that it was already ready for download. I'm not even gonna bother with the eshop right now.

My son is super excited about all of the new DLC, gonna buy all of it for him for his birthday. (Which is conveniently this week, so huzzah)

Definitely getting Ryu, Dream Land, and the Zero costume. Already getting Splatoon costumes for free. Not sure about Lucas.

The Miiverse stage is going to be the Splatoon lobby. I've already drawn some support images in Miiverse.

Zappit

Staff member
Lucas and Roy are NOT clones this time around. Roy functions far better up close than Marth, with a longer UP+X, and his charge move is quite powerful. I'm actually considering maining Roy.

I need to figure out how to share Miis, because I made a Meat me that does look like him.

I haven't tried Lucas yet, but his PK fire explodes, that much I know.

They worked to actually make these characters more distinct this time around.