Super Smash Bros

3DS friend codes

Zero Esc: 5370-1685-4344
Terrik: 2165-7002-1010
Far: 1676 - 4968 - 0688
Ravenpoe: 3265-5056-9628

Five days.

Just five more days until Super Smash Bros.

I am probably over-hyped to the point of annoying my wife a little, but I have good reason! I've been looking forward to this game for years.

I don't know who else is getting it, or who is waiting for the Wii U version, but I am pumped for this Friday. We probably all already have each other's Wii U friend codes from the Mario Kart 8 thread, and if only Nintendo would let us link those things together ... but sadly, they do not, so let's again make a list which I will maintain at the top of this post.

Having played the demo, the game looks and plays fantastic. If I had any gripe, it's jump-button placement compared to with the Gamecube controller, and it's wiser to just hit up on the joystick for jumping. I'm also going to switch dodge/shield and grab on the shoulder buttons because it makes more sense for dodge to be on the same side as the directional stick. I have no idea what characters I want to play--all of them, for starters, but even just running 2-minute matches to get a feel for a character, it would take just a few minutes short of two hours to try them all. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Not only is Nintendo going to trick me into buying this twice, they're going to trick me into buying a WiiU as well.

I might get the Wii U version in the far future, but since we don't have company over much, I have no reason to. I'll have to find someone who is buying it and not the 3DS version so they can give me their Club Nintendo code so I can get the soundtrack though.

I might buy a cartridge version of Smash for my 3ds to share, I refuse to buy 4 copies when I am going to be getting the Wii U version. I don't think I ever posted my Wii U friend code, but I have posted my 3ds code across multiple threads. ;) When I return to Hyrule Warriors with my son later today I will post it.

My Nintendo network ID is AnnaDei if anyone wants to friend me.
For Wii U, I presume? EDIT: Never mind, just checked the Wii U. :D

My wife and I have had you on 3DS since Animal Crossing; I'll post hers in this thread too at some point. I just know there are people who don't have those other games that may be getting Smash Bros.

Revered Terrik: "Do ya hate yer sins?"
Crowd: "Yes!"
Revered Terrik: "Doooo ya wanna new liiiiife?"
Crowd: "Yes, we do!"
Reverend Terrik: "Theeeen, buy Super Smash Bros for the 3DS this Friday and be REBORN!"
Can I get an "Amen"?

Sigh, I caved and stopped at GameStop today and pre-ordered both versions. Fuckers. I want to be able to share it with my kids, so I couldn't do digital download, and Gamestop is my best option for that.

Sigh, I caved and stopped at GameStop today and pre-ordered both versions. Fuckers. I want to be able to share it with my kids, so I couldn't do digital download, and Gamestop is my best option for that.

PRAISE NINTENDO!

Dammit I figured you could at least pre purchase from the eshop but you can't do that until 12 either. This is gonna be just like x and y release again.

Dammit I figured you could at least pre purchase from the eshop but you can't do that until 12 either. This is gonna be just like x and y release again.
I'm mentally preparing myself to not be able to play it until morning.

Is there a tangible benefit to the 3DS version aside from having another copy and a 3DS-specific SP mode?
Playing it sooner, playing it anywhere, and for me, playing it more. I know that even if I'm home, I'm more likely to play on my handheld next to me than pop a disc into the Wii U.

From what I remember from last year, the art style is different. There's also exclusive stages to both the 3DS and the WiiU, based on handheld and console games from each series respectively.

From what I remember from last year, the art style is different. There's also exclusive stages to both the 3DS and the WiiU, based on handheld and console games from each series respectively.
Art style difference is slight--really graphic quality is the big change there. While the versions share a few stages, overall each has its own bunch.

Then there's the controls. Both are improvements on the Wiimote, and the Gamepad might be too clunky, however, the Wii U can use Gamecube controllers, probably the best controls for Smash Bros. The 3DS version setup is pretty good, but using the buttons to jump are in odd placement and it's better to just hit up on the joystick for jumping.

Other than that, the Wii U will have Amiibo support earlier, as 3DS won't have it until the New 3DS comes out. I have no idea what the Amiibos will do.

I want to pick up my game because GameStop here is releasing pre-orders at 10, but my son is in the car with me and has jazz band at 7am. :( Oh well, tomorrow.

This should not surprise you.
It does when my wife's got back in just fine and is currently downloading the game. I have no idea why mine is repeatedly kicked unless there's some invisible queue. I tried keeping hers in the eshop while I had mine enter at midnight. Mine got fucked up and has been locked out for the last half-hour, hers wouldn't update internally, so I risked hers exiting the eshop, but it somehow got back in and was able to download. I currently have hers on closed-3DS download. No idea why I'm stuck on one side of the gate with mine, but not hers.

I'm wondering if I should just go to bed and hope it's sorted by morning.