Stuff White People Like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what else black men like? Black women. The racist bastards.
Apparently to some people interracial relationships are a big deal. One of my lit professors has a Japanese wife and, for some reason, people in his neighborhood disapproved. They weren't friends, family, or anyone close to him - it was just that she was foreign and of a different race. That strikes me as a pitifully outdated concept in this day and age. We're in the 21st century, we can connect with almost anyone on the planet in minutes if we try. It's time to be more cosmopolitan.

My dad likes to tell the story of when he first met my mom's grandmother, Willie Mae. She was a good ol' girl from the south, and on this particular day she was entertaining a few of her friends who were also good ol' southern girls. Willie Mae walks into the kitchen where her friends were sitting and says, "This here's Andy, Toni's new husband. He's a Mescin (how she said the word "Mexican"), but he's one of the GOOD ones." Her friends began to nod their heads as if they totally understood what Willie Mae was talking about.

Yeah, that was my mother's side of the family in a nutshell. I'm surprised that my parents' marriage didn't cause more problems with that side than it did. I guess they just eventually accepted the fact that my mom was happily married to a "Mescin".

Heh, mine's only showing Netflix ads. I've seen that goddamn picture of Avatar so many times I no longer want to see the movie. Besides, I've already got Dances With Wolves on DVD, I can just pretend the Sioux are blue and the Cavalry are in mecha.

My dad likes to tell the story of when he first met my mom's grandmother, Willie Mae. She was a good ol' girl from the south, and on this particular day she was entertaining a few of her friends who were also good ol' southern girls. Willie Mae walks into the kitchen where her friends were sitting and says, "This here's Andy, Toni's new husband. He's a Mescin (how she said the word "Mexican"), but he's one of the GOOD ones." Her friends began to nod their heads as if they totally understood what Willie Mae was talking about.

Yeah, that was my mother's side of the family in a nutshell. I'm surprised that my parents' marriage didn't cause more problems with that side than it did. I guess they just eventually accepted the fact that my mom was happily married to a "Mescin".
Holy shit, is this the biggest case of Deja Vu I've ever experienced or had you already posted that exact story with almost the exact same wording not so long ago? :shocked:

We can have more fun stories of that type.

Years ago when I started dating my first girlfriend, my sister was dating a Puerto Rican boy. After I told my mom that the girl I was dating was Mexican, my mom said, "That's okay. I guess my kids just don't like white people."

Necronic

Staff member
This is how different our countries generations are. The older generations look at different races and say "they should be over there" and point to a different neighborhood. Our generation says "she should be in here" and points to their pants. Can't you see how much we have grown? I'm so proud of us.

Yeah, I've probably told that story before, just don't remember when. My great grandma honestly didn't mean to offend, I think. She was raised in the deep south in the early Twentieth Century, so I don't think she really knew any better. This is the lady who, if she saw a black-colored puppy, wouldn't call it a black puppy, She'd call it a "little 'N-Word' dog." You seriously had to watch out where you took her because she might say the wrong thing in the wrong place and get you in trouble.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant in the Helen Thomas thread with the type of old people racism. My grandmother is sort of the same... she'll say stuff like "oh, she's good looking, very white", insinuating that you can't be good looking and dark. She'll get pissed off if you imply she's being racist, though... I know that by experience.

My grandmother's the same. It's exactly like the mural thread. "I'm not racist, but those..." insert Jews, blacks, Mexicans, etc, something bigoted of some variety that they did, looked like, etc, that she didn't care for.

My grandmother belonged to the gideon society and and after my grandfather died she kept herself busy evangelizing.

One day she was in Vancouver riding a taxi cab driven by a Sikh wearing a turban. She started her pitch thusly:

"You're a Hindu aren't you?"

I don't think she successfully recruited for team Jesus that time.

God allows the team that was the least sexually active in the days preceding the championship to win. It's why coaches tell their players to save it for after the game.

As my wrestling coach used to say, "That shit weakens the legs. Don't touch 'em."

Not that any of us listened, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.