Stuff White People Like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

Give me a Founder's Imperial Stout or other dark beers, myself. I want my beer to make Guinness look like a thin, sad beer!
I'll see your Founder's and raise you a Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout.
[/QUOTE]
I'll counter with Founder's Breakfast Stout. Even has a better rating on BA.[/QUOTE]

I'll see your Breakfast Stout and raise you the greatest beer ever made: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout! I said good day, sir![/QUOTE]
Pliny the Younger. Game. Set. Match.[/QUOTE]

But have you actually had it? I've had the Rogue and the Sam Smith.[/QUOTE]

All your beers are belong to pussy.

Real men drink hops:

Dale's Pale Ale - Like pissing glass into my eye
Stone IPA - Being raped by a juniper tree
something else I can't remember because I am drunk - Like sleeping with your dead mother[/QUOTE]

I never said I didn't like IPAs....

C

Chazwozel

I'll say it. I don't care for IPA's.

New Glarus is good stuff laep.

I pretty much like it all except for shitty, watered down pilsners (I'm looking at you Coors and Budweiser), but I won't turn down a free beer no matter what it is.

I'll say it. I don't care for IPA's.

New Glarus is good stuff laep.

I pretty much like it all except for shitty, watered down pilsners (I'm looking at you Coors and Budweiser), but I won't turn down a free beer no matter what it is.[/QUOTE]

I tried American Bud once,and that isnt a Pilsen.It's pisswater.It's watered down urine tryng to pass of as beer,drunk by stupid rednecks that dont know the real taste of beer. Get yourself a nice German Trumer Pils (won best Pils of the world twice).But I applaud all the Microbrewerys springing up in America,trying to bring real beer to the people.It is a step in the right direction.

I watched a documentary called Beer Wars, where microbrews try taking on the big companies. The big companies are winning due to
1. Shelf space
2. The distribution system (you MUST use a distributor to sell your beer)
3. Advertising

Small companies have a hard time succeeding when a company like Budweiser can come in and make it so they have no shelf space in the grocery store.

That woodchuck hard cider is quite refreshing when it's hot, and Pilsner Urquell (I think that's what it was called, it's a Czech Pilsner) isn't bad but costs more than I'm willing to spend on a six pack of beer bottles. Newcastle Brown is good (especially with Fish & Chips, I use it in the batter), I'll dirnk Bass Pale Ale, and I'm eager to try Mackeson's Milk Stout, though the Lancaster Milk Stout I tried recently was not great.

I watched a documentary called Beer Wars, where microbrews try taking on the big companies. The big companies are winning due to
1. Shelf space
3. Advertising

Small companies have a hard time succeeding when a company like Budweiser can come in and make it so they have no shelf space in the grocery store.
watched that one too. ;)

C

Chazwozel

1. Shelf space
3. Advertising

In all honesty if you want the 'freshest' beer off the shelf, then Budweiser is the freshest. They have their distribution down to a science.

I have my local watering hole though: Iron Hill Brewery in West Chester, PA. My beer travels about 5 feet from the brewery to my mug.

Hey whats the difference between having sex in a canoe and American beer?

They're both fucking close to water.

Seriously, American beer (Budweiser mostly) is piss. it's like they buy someone elses beer and add water to make a profit.
This joke was in the documentary. Honestly, the craft brew scene is better in the U.S. than it is in the rest of the world. Having such shit beer has forced small breweries to become innovative and not taste like everything else.

B

Biardo

Seriously, American beer (Budweiser mostly) is piss. it's like they buy someone elses beer and add water to make a profit.
This joke was in the documentary. Honestly, the craft brew scene is better in the U.S. than it is in the rest of the world. Having such shit beer has forced small breweries to become innovative and not taste like everything else.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but me and my country disagree

C

Chazwozel

This joke was in the documentary. Honestly, the craft brew scene is better in the U.S. than it is in the rest of the world. Having such shit beer has forced small breweries to become innovative and not taste like everything else.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but me and my country disagree[/QUOTE]

Guess what bub, we make Belgian beer better than the Belgians!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Who dares to live forever?
There can be only one.[/QUOTE]

In the end, yeah. When humanity has died out and the sun's going nova, the one might go "Yeaaaaaahhh... maybe I shouldn't have."[/QUOTE]

Our sun will not go 'nova'.[/QUOTE]

Okay, ballooning up like Diana Ross on Twinkies before shrivelling into a white dwarf, you happy now? The point is, Mr Immortal's still gonna feel pretty fucked up.

B

Biardo

Guess what bub, we make Belgian beer better than the Belgians![/QUOTE]

yes if you believe that Belgian beer is one style of beers then I'm afraid that you don't know what we are doing here

Guess what bub, we make Belgian beer better than the Belgians![/QUOTE]

yes if you believe that Belgian beer is one style of beers then I'm afraid that you don't know what we are doing here[/QUOTE]

Nobody said that.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Well, he did say that these "we" - whoever the hell they may be, and in Chaz's case I'd rather not know - make Belgian beers better than the Belgians. Which would imply that there is a certain quality in those beers that makes them Belgian even if they are not made by Belgians. Quality... or style, if you will.

Well, he did say that these "we" - whoever the hell they may be, and in Chaz's case I'd rather not know - make Belgian beers better than the Belgians. Which would imply that there is a certain quality in those beers that makes them Belgian even if they are not made by Belgians. Quality... or style, if you will.
What I meant was that nobody said Belgian beer is a single style of beer. There are characteristics that most Belgian beers share but that wasn't the point. And yes, American craft brewing is bigger and wins just as many awards as any other country.

What I meant was that nobody said Belgian beer is a single style of beer. There are characteristics that most Belgian beers share but that wasn't the point. And yes, American craft brewing is bigger and wins just as many awards as any other country.[/QUOTE]

Bigger is just natural, you are half a continent. 'Just as many awards' is not 'this is the best place for beer'.

E

Element 117

Has this devolved into a champagne vs sparkling wine from california argument yet? I love those.

What I meant was that nobody said Belgian beer is a single style of beer. There are characteristics that most Belgian beers share but that wasn't the point. And yes, American craft brewing is bigger and wins just as many awards as any other country.[/QUOTE]

Bigger is just natural, you are half a continent. 'Just as many awards' is not 'this is the best place for beer'.[/QUOTE]

I meant bigger as in, there are about 6 brewpubs/breweries within 15 miles of where I live that I can name. I've been to Europe and I've tried your beer. It was good, but not as good as I was expecting for the amount of shit you guys talk.

Oh my. Any chance we can all agree that we all love beer (except for those of us who don't) and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.