[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

So... apparently CN put out a video with massive spoilers for the season finale (which some are specualating is the SERIES FINALE now...). It's gone from the official site but it's still floating around out there and we're probably weeks/months away from the finale, so be on guard if you want to avoid it being ruined for you.

I heard about this and (thankfully) didn't see or hear about the spoiler, but I don't want it to be the series finale. :(

YEAH-it...PRETTY MUCH-caused the fandom to explode.
I guarantee that someone got fired over this. They didn't just piss off the fans, they pissed off one of the creators of their next wave shows (IJQ of OK KO) who basically confirmed that the entire SU crew are PISSED about how they've been getting treated by the network, especially schedule wise.

"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.?!?!"

YES!!!!!! Now, why must we wait for summer?!?

After the first episode, a preview for the second episode tried to ruin it, but fortunately I didn't hear. Cartoon Network needs to get their shit together.

I was catching up OK KO! Let's Be Heroes and noticed there's literally a character called Koala Princess at Point Prep. Isn't that Ronaldo's favorite anime? Just thought it was a funny cross-over.

"Now we're only falling apart"

I am half-relieved....but half-anxietous-
while Pearl SAID Rose Diamond didn't want the abduction of humans to happen, Rose ALSO told her to never stop imagining, so what Pearl's memories are all LIES and she doesn't know it?! GRAH-this show I tells ya!

"Now we're only falling apart"

I am half-relieved....but half-anxietous-
while Pearl SAID Rose Diamond didn't want the abduction of humans to happen, Rose ALSO told her to never stop imagining, so what Pearl's memories are all LIES and she doesn't know it?! GRAH-this show I tells ya!
Haven't watched the episode but...

maybe the abduction was Roses' backup plan. To make sure some humans survive at a save place.

Sooooo, as I said in the Animation thread, my friend got me hooked on the show. I was slow to get hooked at first, but the show grew on me. Unlike Adventure Time, which I couldn't get into, the character and world building really drew me in here. Mysteries were slowly paid off. It all felt incredibly organic. Background details and little tidbits become important along the way. So much so that I'm tempted to re-watch everything just to find the little details.

Some stuff annoyed me, like literally ANYTHING involving Renaldo. Seriously, fuck that guy. I go blind rolling my eyes every time he shows up. The past season or two didn't really see a lot of development for Garnet, Amethyst, or Pearl, focusing more on Lapis, Peridot, the space stuff, etc. I feel like they kind of got sidelined. But the big revelation looks like that'll change things.

The Captain Lars stuff is a fun idea in theory, but to be honest, it's not really doing it for me. I don't find the rebel gems all that interesting and the "delayed future vision" gag got old fast.

Speaking of Lars, I still don't understand what exactly him and Lion are or why they work the way they do.

But HOLY SHIT, that revelation. It raises so many new questions! It does explain why Steven is so danged powerful, though.

But...

If Pink Diamond wasn't shattered, why does Steven's gem look different? From everything I've seen, gems can't transform their gem's form unlike their physical forms. And Steven's very existence still confuses me, like how the process of creating a new human between a human and a gem exactly works. I don't recall there being any hints that it's even possible.

Sooooo yeah, I'm goddamn hooked and kinda regret not getting into this show sooner.

If Pink Diamond wasn't shattered, why does Steven's gem look different?[/QUOTE].

The gem in question is shaped like this:

The difference is the difference between the top and side views

Some stuff annoyed me, like literally ANYTHING involving Renaldo. Seriously, fuck that guy. I go blind rolling my eyes every time he shows up.
Here's the thing though: aside from the Sneeple stuff, all of Ronaldo's conspiracy theories were correct and that's absolutely hilarious. And I feel like Ronaldo was way more fun when he didn't feel like an expression of the writer's frustration with the worst of the show's fans. I feel like the "Bloodstone" episode was necessary, but also ruined Ronaldo completely by turning him from a crazy but fun character with his own issues into an alt-right douchebag. I feel like we're never going to get any resolution of the stuff between him and Lars now, because he's been kind of tainted by the actions in that episode.

Speaking of Lars, I still don't understand what exactly him and Lion are or why they work the way they do.
We're going to need to see another Lars or Rose flashback centric episode before we can begin to get an answer to that. There's still that big chest in the Pink Space inside of Lion and Lars, so it's a good guess that if we're ever going to get a straight answer on it than the answer is there because the Gems have made it clear they don't know how it works ether.

And Steven's very existence still confuses me, like how the process of creating a new human between a human and a gem exactly works. I don't recall there being any hints that it's even possible.
When the subject of "adult" fan art was brought up to Ian Jones Quartey, after mentioning his disapproval of it (this is a kids show after all), he kind of mentioned that some of the talks they've had the writers table involving the show were way, way, WAY more disgusting than anything a fan has asked him about the characters so he really shouldn't be one to talk to about it. Take that as you will in regards to this topic.

I will mention that the second birthday episode for Steven (His 14th?) had Amethyst mention that stretching a Gem's body into a shape and function it's not supposed to be in for too long not only isn't a good thing to do but can have serious consequences. I imagine the only reason Amethyst can do it is because of how she was made, none of other Gems have come close to making something like a functioning helicopter, let alone keep their changes going for more than a few minutes. So if Rose had to do something like that to form Steven (by making a womb and all that) then it's also probably part of why she's not around anymore.

If Pink Diamond wasn't shattered, why does Steven's gem look different?

The gem in question is shaped like this:

The difference is the difference between the top and side views[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized that later today when I gave it more thought. It's a great bit of misdirection.

Glad you're caught up! Now enjoy this week's five episodes and wait patiently with us during the next three to six month hiatus. :awesome: No, I'm really not kidding.