[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

I think a lot of their existence for the past 6000 years was to stay out of human affairs unless there was something Gem/corrupted Gem related. That, and they still seem to think of humans as "simple creatures", so I don't think it would even occur to them to ask for help.

Since Jasper is M.I.A. and there hasn't been a lot of corrupted action, I don't think it's occurred to Peridot that she should weaponize herself. I think she and Lapis are mostly high on choosing what they can do with themselves. This will probably change if the Crystal Gems tell them about that just happened with Homeworld.

Once Again:Bad Strategy. They are obsessed with living in the now, the current victory, as well as the continued strategy of trying to simply HIDE from Homeworld rather than amass a friggin' army. I mean come ON-they couldn't ally themselves with the US army equivalent on Earth-SU to develop anti-gem tech?

Because Ronaldo has been right about more things than he's been wrong.

I think a lot of their existence for the past 6000 years was to stay out of human affairs unless there was something Gem/corrupted Gem related. That, and they still seem to think of humans as "simple creatures", so I don't think it would even occur to them to ask for help.

Since Jasper is M.I.A. and there hasn't been a lot of corrupted action, I don't think it's occurred to Peridot that she should weaponize herself. I think she and Lapis are mostly high on choosing what they can do with themselves. This will probably change if the Crystal Gems tell them about that just happened with Homeworld.
This is true, plus Gems across the board have a bad habit of getting stuck in their ways, Pink died over 6000 years ago and Blue and Yellow are STILL in mourning.

And I as well want Peridot to arm the CGs with an array of blasters because DAMMIT if Rose Quartz had more than one weapon they should to! And no the upgrades don't count, they barely use those IF at all.

The best way to do a show is to have months of nothing, and then run the end of season 4 cliffhanger right up against the start of season 5.

He Lionized Lars!!!
Well, now the Gems have a backdoor back to Homeworld, but they have to find a way to get Lars home. And it seems I was right, that they wouldn't be able to get the relics up and moving in time. But seriously, where the hell are Lapis and Peridot???

Blah. Missed the last ten minutes because I was sick. Still... uh... this sure went fucking nuts, didn't it?
When you get the chance, you need to watch the rest. It was wild.

He Lionized Lars!!!
Well, now the Gems have a backdoor back to Homeworld, but they have to find a way to get Lars home. And it seems I was right, that they wouldn't be able to get the relics up and moving in time. But seriously, where the hell are Lapis and Peridot???
I fully accepted Rose having been the culprit. But the only thing hard enough to cut diamond is diamond, right? This could mean a Homeworld civil war.

Also never expected to have an explanation behind Lion, and now ... wow. There's so much they can do with this. They're still on the clock though--lives are in peril. So much insanity.

Well, he wasn't his brother, but its more satisfying than him being Pink Diamond!

THE TRIAL
DAMN- that Zircon is freaking ASTUTE! Pink Diamond's death DOESN'T make sense if done by Rose Quartz hand. ALSO-while they wouldn't have KNOWN about the sword, Zircon could've used that as more evidence since Bizmuth stated it was made to NEVER shatter a Gem.
OFF COLORS
If this ep don't inspire a billion OCs I don't know WHAT will!
LAR'S HEAD
WELP-*CLAP* Steven is officially Jesus. He can heal the sick, raise the dead, totally Jesus. THEY EVEN FORESHADOWED IT IN THE CHRISTMAS EPISODE! And damn, poor Lars, becomes a straight up Rose Quartz mutant yet is stuck on Homeworld. Well at least he has a bunch of nice old people to hang out with! And HOLY CRAP-Lion's origin IS THAT...he was a lion...who died...and brought back with Rose's tears making him a super lion. But what is the other dimension?!

I won't lie... I started giggling like a crazy man when Steven noticed Lion's Island in the Head Dimension. "Oh no, he is... he is going to be able to go back to Earth though Lar's Heads!? aahahahaha."

I mean we don't know for certain after his change, but Lar's should still technically be "invisible" to the searching bots, so really I would think having all the off-colors with him will actually be more of a hindrance then a help, but hey, Earth is getting a bit crowded with Gems, so can't have to many hanging around. =P

Also we know Lion himself can make portals to teleport all over the Earth, so I am kind of wondering if Lar's will learn that power and be able to teleport himself back someday.

If he does have portal powers, I don't think he'd be able to reach Earth. Going so far as the moon caused physical strain on Lion .
Good point, but we also don't know how the portal magic even works. Technically the two are tied together through the head dimension, so the game might change.

P.S.

Seems pretty obvious to me they are setting up one of the other Diamonds being the murderer, and Rose was just a scapegoat since she was battling them for so long. It seems (at least so far) that Blue isn't it, with Yellow being the one hinted as the most likely, though we still have yet to meet White. The fact that Blue was so adamant about hearing how Rose killed Pink, I have a feeling she already knew something was not right with the whole story. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

For the folks that don't use the app or other methods, the latest batch starts airing Friday at 7:30pm EST. We're apparently getting an event in January too.