South Africa 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I had originally predicted Germany to win in the pool 4-1 but about 2 minutes before gametime I revised it to 2-1 because of the low scores thus far.

Damn it.

I had the same prediction score Dave, revised mine down to 3-1, and here they go scoring goals like everyone else has been passing them "Get a Goal Free" cards all weekend.

I think they are just pushing the Gaspedal down as hard as they can to dispell any doubts about the team to the people watching back home.Since Ballack and 2 other top players were injured before the WM people were very worried about results.

I actually wouldn't mind if they used them for Bafana Bafana games, but every game is a little much and it's impossible to hear any fans.

Yeah those horns need to go. I figure when teams start playing their second game the novelty will have worn off so it wont be as bad. Also WOOT WOOT Germany, my pick, showing how its done. They are going far in this tournament.

B

Biardo

I seem to be the onley one who doesn't mind the vuvuzelas, all my friends hate them to.

It's just an element of the South African football culture, if they can stand it I don't see why they should try to ban it. It would be like banning the mexican wave because it distracts visually

R

rvdleun

Welp, just sat down at my favorite sportsbar in Rotterdam. Here's hoping that Holland will have a good victory over Denmark

C

Chazwozel

And no they won't...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/796347/ce/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us[/QUOTE]

I can't watch these games in surround sound because of these fucking things. My rear speakers are right at the sides of the couch, so all you hear is the fucking horns blaring in your ear.

A ban would rob the tournament of part of its cultural identity, leaving thousands of locals perplexed: could you imagine being told by an international body that you could no longer drink beer at American football games, or fall asleep during baseball?
Falling asleep and drinking beer don't make the people around you go deaf.

R

rvdleun

All I can say at the moment is: VIIIIVA HOLLANDIA.

After all, it's all that I've been hearing for the past 150 minutes.

My guess is Germany is gonna perform well till semi-finals und somehow fail spectacularly against a an enemy that played inferiorly for most of the game,but took the one chance they were given to take the winning goal.

WTF was that? Did he pull a muscle?

It's the unofficial talent some players boast... trying to fool the ref with diving and writhing in "pain". It's an automatic yellow card if you're caught, but it happens pretty much in every game.

Yeah, but you usually try to dive when you have at least been touched!
It's also usually better to dive in the penalty area. Uh, not that I do that.

My personal favorite dive was Slavan Bilic's, in the 1998 World Cup, against France. Laurent Blanc pushed him on the chin while jostling at a free kick, and Bilic goes down clutching his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.