South Africa 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DID have the Dutch winning this game in my World Cup pool. Who's in first place NOW, BITCHES!!!! (Not the one on this site, another one).

B

Biardo

congrats to the Netherlands they deserved this one in their second half.

But about that most beautiful football, I think that Spain took that tittle over for this championship

Z

zero

Wait, what????????

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

HOLY SH***************************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z

zero

We jumped right over Hollywood-Style ending, that's worthy of the cheesiest Anime!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

DAMN!!!

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

EL LOCO SCORES!!!

And yeah, he's completely insane... He did precisely that penalty kick in the finals at the Carioca league.

R

rvdleun

Just wanted to quickly butt in(did you lot change the look of the forums again?) to say that Holland's game today was absolutely amazing. I was in the center of Rotterdam during the game, and after the first half, everyone pretty much assumed the game was over.

And then you suddenly win with 2-1. An incredible euphoria washed over the city, no one had seen this coming. Biggest celebration in Holland so far. Frankly, I don't care if we lose in the semi-finals, the fact that Holland beat f'ing Brazil AND came back after 0-1 is an incredible achievement. Lord, I was afraid that I was going to relive the old 2-0, 2-2, 3-2 from '94.

So yeah, definately enjoying the world cup so far :p

congrats to the Netherlands they deserved this one in their second half.

But about that most beautiful football, I think that Spain took that tittle over for this championship
Agreed, but one could say their way of playing comes from Holland. :)

Argentina is running around looking like they just don't know how to handle the German attack at all, about 25 minutes in and they are starting to pull it together now. I'm not sure that the goalie even saw that ball coming toward the net on the 1st German goal.

Z

zero

WHOOOOOOOOOOT, 4 x 0!! IN YOUR FACE AFA!!!

Schadenfreude is a German Word after all...

B

Biardo

ok that 's that for Argentina I guess it's time to support the Netherlands

Hup Holland Hup!

I only saw the second half due to work, but man Germany seemed unstoppable. And what happened to Argentina, everything they did seemed to go wrong on both the defensive and offensive side.

Well, we already knew Argentina were frail defensively, but Maradona seemed to prefer to attack and outscore his opponents. And they were able to do that up til now. It seemed like Germany came with a game plan to nullify the Argentinian attack and then carve them open.

Gotta hand it to Joachim Loew, this guy seems to know exactly what his opponents are going to do, and how to counter them. He did it against England, by getting his players to draw Terry out of position, and now he's done it against Argentina.

They totaly isolated Messi and thus almost nulliefied the Argentinian offense.The German Defense though did loosen up around end of the first half and till around middle of the second,allowing the Argentinians ample chances,but were thwarted by our superb goalie.

*happy dance*

Wooo...gonna call in sick on wednesday.

Z

zero

ok that 's that for Argentina I guess it's time to support the Netherlands
Dammit Biardo, since you insisted in cheering for those bastards, here's a statistic that may make you feel better about their elimination.

AFA titles on international tournaments:

Before anti-doping exams: 16
After anti-doping exams: 0

just saying...

!!!!! The referee totally missed a second penalty and a red card! Paraguay's goalie hit Cesc in his leg (and made him fall) after the penalty Xabi Alonso kicked.

Z

zero

!!!!! The referee totally missed a second penalty and a red card! Paraguay's goalie hit Cesc in his leg (and made him fall) after the penalty Xabi Alonso kicked.
Not to mention he ignored the obvious invasion on the Penalty Kick for Paraguay, right? ;)

Oh, I saw the replay on tv and it was offside, if we're talking about the same one...
Anyway, wohoooo! Go Spain!!! To Semifinals!*

*To get owned by Deutschland...

Z

zero

Oh, I saw the replay on tv and it was offside, if we're talking about the same one...

One of the toughest offside calls I've seen in a while. Valdez is evidently NOT offside, but Cardozo is, and as he gets really close to the ball, I'd say the ref was right on this one.

One of the toughest offside calls I've seen in a while. Valdez is evidently NOT offside, but Cardozo is, and as he gets really close to the ball, I'd say the ref was right on this one.
Indeed.

On the invasion of the penalty for paraguay, the team that is kicking the penalty cannot invade, but the other one can, I think. Or something like that.

Lots of them were ruined by bad refs this world cup. Rubbish. That's what they all are.

I think the elevated controversy this year will move things forward on some rule changes and technology inclusions, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.