Something big is going down at Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Thinkpads have gone down in quality since IBM sold them, but I would still recommend them over other laptop manufactures.

That's actually a discount above the normal discounted price. They aren't making people pay full retail price for phones.

I never quite got the people that use Dell as their example why Apple is overpriced (I get the ones that use building their own as comparable, they're just morons). It's like saying the BMW 3 series is overpriced compared to the Kia Forte.
That's a trite comparison, as Dell has made several successful moves upmarket in the past couple of years. It's almost like you're relying on a tired stereotype rather then the actuality.

That's a trite comparison, as Dell has made several successful moves upmarket in the past couple of years. It's almost like you're relying on a tired stereotype rather then the actuality.

Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle.

I never quite got the people that use Dell as their example why Apple is overpriced
In general the high end dells are very well designed and robust systems. You get absolute junk at the low end, though.

In generall, Apple computers only compare technically with the higher end dells.

So it's a valid comparison, mostly.

Mind you, low cost does not always mean junk, and high cost does not always mean top of the line.

I just like generalizing willy nilly.

Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle.
You know, following up a reasonable point with insults and generalizations stated as fact don't exactly make you come off as the least "rapid fan" here.

Oh you rascal with your cute little insults and slights. What would we ever do without you around here?

I suppose you and I have a different idea of what an insult is.
But really, if you want to sit in this thread and keep throwing out insulting generalizations of apple users (and clearly you know myself and many others in this thread and on this forum are among them) and then call anyone who call you out on it "a bitch" or a "fanboi" and then pretend you aren't being a troll then go for it. All you will do is succeed in getting the thread locked and earning yourself an infraction.

But really, if you want to sit in this thread and keep throwing out insulting generalizations of apple users (and clearly you know myself and many others in this thread and on this forum are among them) and then call anyone who call you out on it "a bitch" or a "fanboi" and then pretend you aren't being a troll then go for it. All you will do is succeed in getting the thread locked and earning yourself an infraction.
I haven't really seen any insulting. He's made his position clear, but he's yet to call anyone a goatfucker.

Old habits die hard it seems.
No, no, no. By switch from the Chazwozel moniker I never stated that I wouldn't defend myself against thin-skinned bullshit remarks. That IS very much my own personality. If someone has a problem with me, I'll damn well make sure I give them a problem back.

As for Espy getting butthurt, I don't know what I said that triggered it. If anything it only furthers my points about Apple's rapid fanbase. It's a fucking brandname. Get over yourself.
Added at: 11:19

Look, I don't know who the fuck pissed in your Cheerios, but YOU can do well to just fuck off. I said nothing of the sort directed towards anyone here. YOU are being a bitch, so yeah, I'll call you one. Here, I have an Asus based computer. Go ahead make fun of Asus and their userbase all the fuck you want. I don't give a shit. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.
Added at: 11:27
You know, following up a reasonable point with insults and generalizations stated as fact don't exactly make you come off as the least "rapid fan" here.

Let us dissect exactly what I recently said:

"Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle."

hmm, I don't specifically see anywhere where I'm saying "Espy, that douche with the Apple scoffs at anyone who doesn't own an Apple."

I'm specifically referring to the Apple Fanboi user base. If you fall under the category of self-righteous moron who defines his lifestyle and who he is on consumer garbage like the computer he buys or the car he drives, well then -yeah- I'm talking about you. But I assume (and hope to God) that most users on this board aren't that pitiful and shallow, which is why I see no reason not to make such a remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.