Export thread

Something big is going down at Apple

strawman

strawman

Apple not only kept most of their holiday temporary staff on after the first of the year, they are denying vacation requests to employees for the last week of January through the first two weeks of February. This affects retail personnel only.

So we already know they're planning on releasing the Verizon iPhone and the iPad 2 very soon.

Which one (or both) do you think they need so many retail people for?

Adam

Adammon

To get people like you to post questions like this to forums, thus keeping Apple's name in the news and the hype around their stock high, ensuring it continues to stay overvalued.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I bet it is the second generation iPad. Apple is on a pretty consistent one year cycle, from what I understand. This makes the timing about right for iPad 2.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Verizon network iPhone.

My sister-in-law works as a regional Apple marketing rep, and she's been whining about this no vacation thing for weeks. :p

Covar

Covar

I assume Apple is still not attending CES? Since they've canceled Macworld they still had Jobs give a presentation in January, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

New ipad to compete with the new Blackberry tablet that is coming out shortly.

strawman

strawman

Verizon network iPhone.

My sister-in-law works as a regional Apple marketing rep, and she's been whining about this no vacation thing for weeks. :p
I expect you're right. Sure, they underestimated iPad demand by about a factor of 1,000, but they didn't need to double the store staff to handle it, whereas people have been complaining about the AT&T/Apple deal for 3 years now.

Shakey

Shakey

My guess would be both. Verizon compatible ipad and iphone.

Mathias

Mathias

Jesus, the ipad is still a useless piece of garbage. They feel the need to come out with another one so soon?

Adam

Adammon

It kills me that my Ipad doesn't have a camera on it :( Good thing I didn't pay for it.

Espy

Espy

My guess would be both. Verizon compatible ipad and iphone.
Probably this.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where the iPad goes as they continue to improve upon it. It's not quite ready for what I need yet but it already does so much so conveniently that within the next 2 generations I expect I'll get one and maybe the wife too.
Added at: 14:03
It kills me that my Ipad doesn't have a camera on it :( Good thing I didn't pay for it.
Its pretty much a given the next one will.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Jesus, the ipad is still a useless piece of garbage. They feel the need to come out with another one so soon?
Sure, you need to pay hundreds of more dollars for a slightly better piece of garbage. And then again next year when they slightly improve it just a bit more, duh!

Covar

Covar

My friends were going to combine gifts get me an iPad for my Birthday/Christmas gift. I'm glad one of my friends realized the new one would be coming out in the next few months, so I'm getting a wad of cash to use on an iPad instead.

strawman

strawman

It may be that if you had one you would find absolutely no utility in it, however it has become part of my daily life, and except for engineering and a few other activities completely replaces my laptop.

It is an appliance that makes computing accessible, much more so than a "real" computer and does 99% of what 80% of people need/use computers for anyway.

Apple sold over 1 million ipads per month last year. The only way to keep making money off the people that already have one, is to release a new one with better features, so of course they feel a need to come out with another one so soon.

For a "useless piece of garbage" I'd say it's profitable for them, and their job is maintaining profitability.

Dave

Dave

The iVibrator. It's smaller than the conventional ones but you can use it anywhere!

Espy

Espy

No no Adam, it's worthless. Clearly you are lying. You lier. Big fat lier.

strawman

strawman

You caught me. My whole life is one big sham.

Oh, and that's Mr. Lying Liar to you.

Mathias

Mathias

It may be that if you had one you would find absolutely no utility in it, however it has become part of my daily life, and except for engineering and a few other activities completely replaces my laptop.

It is an appliance that makes computing accessible, much more so than a "real" computer and does 99% of what 80% of people need/use computers for anyway.

Apple sold over 1 million ipads per month last year. The only way to keep making money off the people that already have one, is to release a new one with better features, so of course they feel a need to come out with another one so soon.

For a "useless piece of garbage" I'd say it's profitable for them, and their job is maintaining profitability.

Aside for the bigger screen, an iPad has no advantage over my Droid 2. (and I can even make calls with the Droid).

Covar

Covar

AT&T is lowering the price of the 3GS to $49 starting tomorrow.

Adam

Adammon

Hey, screw you!

Oh, the OTHER Adam.
Added at: 20:14
Aside for the bigger screen, an iPad has no advantage over my Droid 2. (and I can even make calls with the Droid).
The bigger screen is basically the only benefit. It's handy for browsing but it's terrible for forum posting, etc. (And I even have the keyboard attachment). It's nice to watch movies on (Assuming you've got Netflix or have already copied them over)

Covar

Covar

You would be surprised how much screensize makes a difference on these devices. My HTC Aria has a smaller screen than your typical android phone and iPhone, and in many ways feels more restrictive.

Mathias

Mathias

The technology has its uses, I'll admit to that. But the iPad is largely not a practical device. Apple has a crazy, insane fanbase and it's hip to own Apple, which is mostly what drives iPad sales. That's fine. All I'm saying is that I will never own one because in my eye there are far cheaper and better alternatives.

I will like it when the iPad type technology is applied to things like hospitals, airplanes, restaurants etc...

Adam

Adammon

The technology has its uses, I'll admit to that. But the iPad is largely not a practical device. Apple has a crazy, insane fanbase and it's hip to own Apple, which is mostly what drives iPad sales. That's fine. All I'm saying is that I will never own one because in my eye there are far cheaper and better alternatives.
A netbook would definitely be more practical - and cheaper. Or two laptops.

Emrys

Emrys

The iVibrator. It's smaller than the conventional ones but you can use it anywhere!
But can you get apps for it?

Mathias

Mathias

A netbook would definitely be more practical - and cheaper. Or two laptops.
And that's just how I roll. I friggin love my Droid because it's a Swiss-Army knife of a phone. Course next to the Droid Incredible or Galaxy it looks like a dated piece of shit. But again, that's how I roll, I'm the guy that likes a primered- looks like shit 68 Camaro over a 2010 pretty one.
Added at: 15:23
But can you get apps for it?

I hear Dr. Ruth's working hard at Apple developing those.

Espy

Espy

Lets just get it out of the way since we are making declarations of what is and isn't useful for everyone based on our own personal preferences: Skim Milk. WTH?

Dave

Dave

I hear Dr. Ruth's working hard at Apple developing those.

Actual size.

Espy

Espy

You caught me. My whole life is one big sham.

Oh, and that's Mr. Lying Liar to you.
Oh sure, go all formal on me now.

Adam

Adammon

And that's just how I roll. I friggin love my Droid because it's a Swiss-Army knife of a phone. Course next to the Droid Incredible or Galaxy it looks like a dated piece of shit. But again, that's how I roll, I'm the guy that likes a primered- looks like shit 68 Camaro over a 2010 pretty one.
Ok, are you like my long lost brother or something? It fucking creeps me out. I wish I had pictures of our grenada gold '67 Camaro that we affectionately call "Baby". Fucking thing is a terror on wheels, especially after we convinced my dad to put a little money into making it a little beefier than it was.

Shakey

Shakey

Lets just get it out of the way since we are making declarations of what is and isn't useful for everyone based on our own personal preferences: Skim Milk. WTH?
I hate skim milk so much.
angry-kid.jpg

Espy

Espy

Damn straight.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I drink skim milk so much.

Mathias

Mathias

I drink half and half and heavy whipping cream. What now bitches?

Espy

Espy

Ditto here but I throw a glob of old blue cheese in just to give it the right texture.

Shakey

Shakey

If I drink milk I want the full flavor. Warm and straight from the damn utter. None of this cold watered down crap.

Mathias

Mathias

If I drink milk I want the full flavor. Warm and straight from the damn utter. None of this cold watered down crap.
Nothing like suckling on a cow's teat...

...or Dave's...

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

But I heard Dave's milk is bitter, like his soul.

Adam

Adammon

Dave's milk is like a fine cheddar....Aged.

Emrys

Emrys

Exactly! 3.25% or nothing! Everything else is for twisted, godless barbarians.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Somewhere in the last 10 posts or so, this thread became the most awesome thing ever.

Espy

Espy

It's amazing what happens when you bring milk into the discussion.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I only heard about this (vacation thing) just today. I know today was the release of the new application store, dunno what else Apple might have planned for Jan (if anything).

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

It's amazing what happens when you bring milk into the discussion.
Sounds like my prom night!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sounds like my prom night!
...:confused: Sometimes, Nicholas.... sometimes...

Fun Size

Fun Size

My wife's iPad has largely replaced our desktop PC altogether, not to mention giving the kids access to a huge range of excellent educational software that they would otherwise have missed out on. And I drink soymilk, as consuming the bodily fluids of some random mammal has somehow lost it's lustre. So there.

Also:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

linglingface

linglingface

I thought the iPad was silly up until I got one from mom... >.> It's become a part of my daily life too and I realized the other day that my computer is being used significantly less than before.

strawman

strawman

One story this last week speculated that Apple is going to let Verizon announce the Verizon iPhone, with the idea that since they aren't giving anything new (ie, it has all the same old features as the iPhone 4 announced last year has) then Apple doesn't have as big a reason to do the announcement itself. It makes sense, because then Apple doesn't have to have a big to-do about what is essentially a single announcement (iphone on verizon, wooo! Uh, ok, that's it, bye everyone) and they don't have to bad mouth AT&T (they'll let verizon do that for them).

Still, they may be keeping the staff on for both events, but the big apple announcement is liable to be the next iPad - and I'm curious what they're going to announce aside from the cameras and gyroscope. I'm hoping for a retina display (not 300dpi as with the iphone, but a much higher resolution than the current iPad). Looks like the form factor is different (thinner, rounded edges much like the iPod Touch).

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

What do people actually use the iPad for? Seriously... because I just don't understand the frenzy over these things.

JCM

If its a new iPad, I'll get a SteveJobs voodoo doll or something, as I got the iPad 2 days after it launched here in Brazi..

Which was $%^#@ December.

Espy

Espy

What do people actually use the iPad for? Seriously... because I just don't understand the frenzy over these things.
...I can't think of anything. It's not like you can use a word processor or make presentations or work on spreadsheets on it or edit photos or play games or watch netflix and youtube or read ebooks or surf the web or listen to music on iTunes or Pandora or download a movie on iTunes or get on facebook or anything else. ;)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I guess I fall outside of their target demographic as I would rather use a different device for everything you listed.

strawman

strawman

To some degree it's like a GPS navigation device. Until you use it a few times for things you want to do (ie, not just playing with it but using it) you really don't have a good grasp on what it can do for you.

Not everyone will find it useful enough to justify the cost though - it's expensive.

But now I don't have to be in front of a computer to get things done.

Chibibar

my wife and I are a mix crowd users(we have both PC and Mac in our home). When I got my wife an iPad, she was nuts about it. It is actually pretty useful for her. She got apps to draw with (with an iPad stylist), watch netflix and play games on it. It is pretty nice and lightweight so she doesn't have to lug around her laptop anymore. When we were traveling to China, she upload a bunch of movies (legal digital copies) to her iPad to watch on the plane. It is pretty nice.

It is pretty easy to use and a lot of my co-workers gave them to their parents. They are loving it since it is much easier and intuitive to use compare to a laptop or something. Just turn it on and go.

strawman

strawman

Instant on, and instantly using any given application is actually a huge usability increase over the standard computer or laptop.

I can still do some things faster on the computer than on the iPad (Notably reading these forums - Open new thread link, middle click on everything of interest so they all appear in new tabs, read them all, and close them - on the iPad it's a much slower linear process). But those are really "power user" type things most people don't do or care about (notably the people on this forum are not "most people" for this statement).

Espy

Espy

I guess I fall outside of their target demographic as I would rather use a different device for everything you listed.
It's true, people have different preferences about what technology they prefer. :)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

notably the people on this forum are not "most people" for this statement.
Ain't that the truth.

It's true, people have different preferences about what technology they prefer. :)
Most definitely... i love having my office and home theatre with all their high powered technical doodads.

Yeah, I can understand the ease of use of the iPad and I honestly do think it's a slick little piece of technology. I just personally don't see much utility in it for my own purposes. Note, I do have an iPhone 3Gs which kind of covers a lot of what the iPad can do already. That's probably why I don't get all the buzz. I also don't fall into the group of people you see lining up outside the apple store to buy the newest apple device... even though they already all have iPhones and iPads.

I also refuse to watch movies on anything but my bigscreen TV at home... or the theatre :D.

strawman

strawman

Pretty much everyone agrees that Verizon's event tomorrow in NY is announcement of the iPhone on their network. It's probably exactly the same as the iPhone 4 but with a Verizon network compatible modem/voice module. Verizon's network technically doesn't support voice and data at the same time, however they recently rolled out their latest network upgrade in a number of major cities, and some speculation suggestions that the modem might be able to support the new technology for data and the old technology for voice simultaneously. That would be great, but honestly I rarely end up in a situation where I need both at the same time, and if I do I simply us the iPad for dat and iPhone for voice.

At any rate, the announcment is tomorrow, but the release is probably going to be February 3rd - when Apple has been canceling the vacations.

I haven't found anything online regarding a live stream, but Apple seems to be in control of the event (the people who are being invited are a regular who's-who of Apple events, *not* verizon events) and Apple's been streaming their most recent conferences, so I can only hope I'll be able to see it live. If not many outlets will be live blogging it.

My AT&T contract ends in spring, so I won't be first in line (plus new releases always have problems - best to wait for the first software revision), plus the next generation of iPhone should be announced this summer, so I'll probably just wait until then. If it's sexier than the iPhone 4, I may end up staying with AT&T, or waiting for Verizon to get the next upgrade.

Chibibar

personally I hope, wish, dream, and pray that maybe iPad (whatever version) will have a phone builtin features. I wouldn't mind having a bluetooth headset and keep my iPad in a bag. That would be awesome (at least for me) instead of having two devices.

but that is just my personal preference.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

That would be awesome (at least for me) instead of having two devices.
Apple will never allow such nonsense when they can make people pay for both devices instead ;)

strawman

strawman

Apple knows what people want, and conversely how to get them to fork over as much cash as possible.

The iPod touch has a low resolution camera. Want a good camera? Get the iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4 only goes up to 32GB storage. Want your whole music collection? Get the iPod Touch.

The iPad has 3G, but no phone. Want a phone? Get the iPhone.

The iPod touch doesn't have a real GPS receiver. Want to know your position to within 20 feet? Get the iPhone or iPad 3G.

The iPad supports many more simultaneous touches than the iPod or iPhone, and the larger display makes it much more suitable for multiplayer games, and reading.

They purposefully limit what each device has in order to get the same people to buy two, or even three devices. This is most noticeable on the iPod Touch where they could easily add the better camera and real GPS, or the iPhone where they could easily double the memory.

There haven't been many rumors about the iPad, but honestly I expect them to add something unexpected that the other two devices don't have. It's a given they'll add cameras and the gyroscope, and I'm hoping they'll to bump the screen resolution up a bit. Given the large form factor there's got to be something they can leverage - there's a ton of empty space inside the case.

Time will tell.

But yes, Apple is doing this on purpose.

Covar

Covar

It's my understanding that most the space inside the iPad is the battery. I'd love to see what they can do to the new iPad as long as they don't kill the amazing battery life.

strawman

strawman

It's my understanding that most the space inside the iPad is the battery. I'd love to see what they can do to the new iPad as long as they don't kill the amazing battery life.
Yep. It has two large lithium polymer cells, and I literally used the ipad all day yesterday, and it lasted all day long. I would be surprised if they hurt that...

strawman

strawman

I'm watching Verizon's unveiling via engadget's live blog:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/live-from-verizons-iphone-event/?sort=undefined&refresh=60

11:06AM "Today we're partnering with a giant of the industry, and that's Apple." Boom.

Chibibar

note: check with your local retailer that MOST education institution offer 25% discount on Verizon's services (and some equipment)

Bones

Bones

congrats, i shudder to think all the sprint jackhats I am going to have to deal with that have jailbroken their phone for the sprint network.

strawman

strawman

They also often have discounts on Apple products, so you might be able to get a discount on the initial cost, as well as the service cost.
Added at: 12:51
congrats, i shudder to think all the sprint jackhats I am going to have to deal with that have jailbroken their phone for the sprint network.
They won't swamp sprint yet - they can't cheaply get the phone without a service contract, so only those that are truly dedicated will attempt it.

I'm disappointed they only have a 3G chipset in there, and gave us nothing beyond that to differentiate it from the AT&T iPhone 4.

JCM

You guys are lucky with replacement programs and et al, heck here the Brazilian iTunes doesnt even have music, not to mention, no album covers to download at all.
My best mate thinks the same, and has his laptop always near him, but for me, the battery life, small size, 3G internet and the speed it loads up is pretty much why I use it (movies, games, web, books, writing down stuff), not to mention that its also handy to have around when you need to cook and need some recipes fast.

Never take my laptop with me to work or trips anymore.

Shakey

Shakey

I like how they moved the volume buttons by just 2 mm. Just enough so that the old cases don't fit right. I'm surprised they didn't announce a Verizon iPad though. Maybe it's still locked into AT&T.

Chibibar

I like how they moved the volume buttons by just 2 mm. Just enough so that the old cases don't fit right. I'm surprised they didn't announce a Verizon iPad though. Maybe it's still locked into AT&T.
It is just matter of time.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There's already a Verizon iPad. It's a WiFi iPad bundled with a MyFi.

--Patrick

Bones

Bones

already happened shakey.

Shakey

Shakey

I know they offer one bundled with a MyFi, but that wasn't what I meant. You can do that with any carrier that offers a mobile wifi access point.

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

Announced today the iphone will be available to verizon customers. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp Good luck to those who now have to deal with their customer service.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Announced today the iphone will be available to verizon customers. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp Good luck to those who now have to deal with their customer service.
Hey, fuck you too buddy. :cool:

Mathias

Mathias

I've never had a bad experience with Verizon customer service. Hell, when I had a Razer that crapped out on my they took one look at, and just gave me a new one free. I had a piece of shit Blackberry Storm that crapped out on me, so they gave me a Droid 2 for 100 bucks off.

strawman

strawman

Yeah, Verizon has always responded to my problems. But I'm in an area where Verizon is the premier cellular utility, and when I had problems I didn't bother calling, I just visited the verizon store, chuck the phone at them, and they replace it.

Same with the iPhone, but I chucked the phone at the apple store techs rather than the AT&T store. The 3G had died on the phone. I used edge for a few days, wondering if it was the network, then just walked into the apple store and 20 minutes later walked out with a refurbished iPhone.

But for every 100 good experiences, there' at least one bad one, and it only takes one bad experience to sour one's relationship with a wireless provider.

fade

fade

I admit ignorance when it comes to cell phones. I just got my first for Christmas (an iPhone, actually). But what's so much better about Verizon? It almost looks like people jumping from one leaky boat to another.

I will say this anecdotally: My wife had T-Mobile for years, and phone calls sounded like phone calls. Now on at&t, the calls sound all electronic and warbly. I'm fairly certain it's not the phone, either, because other sounds are fine through the earpiece.

As for Mathias's earlier comments concerning an iPad being a bigger iPhone... While that's kind of true, the iPad specific software takes advantage of the bigger screen, AND the use-cases are totally different. When it comes down to it, a laptop is just a foldable, carriable desktop. But clearly form factor matters a lot. Take this from an Apple nut who thought the iPad was the stupidest invention with no niche. But now that I got one (through a teaching grant), I find many uses for it that I could never use my iPhone for. Including the one I got the grant for.

Jiarn

I'm with Mathias on this one, iPad doesn't do a single thing for "me" that my Droid X doesn't. The bigger screen is actually a hinderance because I wouldn't be able to use it freely in my car or at work.

But Apple is supported by the "fanbois" so it'll do fine.

phil

phil

The only thing going down at apple is their stock!

*smugly polishes his monocle*

That one killed at the country club last week.

I'm sure their stock is the same as it ever was. I just wanted to make the joke.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I admit ignorance when it comes to cell phones. I just got my first for Christmas (an iPhone, actually). But what's so much better about Verizon? It almost looks like people jumping from one leaky boat to another.
People are excited because of the choice. Being locked to AT&T sucks for people who want an iphone but don't live in an area with AT&T coverage. Verizon has a much larger coverage area. Case in point, even in the boonies of Florida, where I live, I can get full 3G verizon coverage, and absolutely nothing from AT&T.

But I won't be switching from my Droid X.

Adam

Adammon

So, wait, the big announcement is that you'll be able to get iPhone 4 on Verizon? Seriously? That's what got a bunch of free press? Jesus.

Mathias

Mathias

I'm with Mathias on this one, iPad doesn't do a single thing for "me" that my Droid X doesn't. The bigger screen is actually a hinderance because I wouldn't be able to use it freely in my car or at work.

But Apple is supported by the "fanbois" so it'll do fine.

That's really the crux of it. Most of the Apple users I've talked to start frothing at the mouth if you utter one disparaging word against Steve Jobs.
Added at: 12:47
So, wait, the big announcement is that you'll be able to get iPhone 4 on Verizon? Seriously? That's what got a bunch of free press? Jesus.

I'm pretty sure the iPad 2 is going to get the "Jobs" touch.

fade

fade

I see some apple frothing, sure. But I also see a lot of Apple users getting defensive because an equally frothy anti-Apple "boi" attacks the thing they just bought for weak reasons, usually while touting something that either does no better, or has negatives of its own. I like Apple products, but not blindly. The reason I've seen Apple fans "froth" half the time is because the other side (as you implied in your post) comes out swinging. It's never "the closed app store isn't a great idea because x,y, and z" from the droid camp. It's "LOL, app store so gay! You so gay and gentrified for liking apple, LAWL."

For the record, I (and almost every single mac fan I know personally) don't really give two hoots about Jobs. I like apple products, not some dude in a turtleneck. There are certainly things I dislike about apple. Their business practices can be fairly unethical. I don't like the closed app store model (though the same droid fanbois who rant about that usually go home and intimately touch their linux boxes with an distro that distributes through a walled-garden package manager).

Espy

Espy

Oh Fade, there you go being a fanboi again. ;)

Mathias

Mathias

I see some apple frothing, sure. But I also see a lot of Apple users getting defensive because an equally frothy anti-Apple "boi" attacks the thing they just bought for weak reasons, usually while touting something that either does no better, or has negatives of its own. I like Apple products, but not blindly. The reason I've seen Apple fans "froth" half the time is because the other side (as you implied in your post) comes out swinging. It's never "the closed app store isn't a great idea because x,y, and z" from the droid camp. It's "LOL, app store so gay! You so gay and gentrified for liking apple, LAWL."

For the record, I (and almost every single mac fan I know personally) don't really give two hoots about Jobs. I like apple products, not some dude in a turtleneck. There are certainly things I dislike about apple. Their business practices can be fairly unethical. I don't like the closed app store model (though the same droid fanbois who rant about that usually go home and intimately touch their linux boxes with an distro that distributes through a walled-garden package manager).

I still think the iPad is useless, as there are better (and cheaper) alternatives to it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I still think the iPad is useless, as there are better (and cheaper) alternatives to it.
You just described everything apple! :whistling:

Mathias

Mathias

You just described everything apple! :whistling:
Fade makes a good point, the Apple front does get a large amount of "hate" swung at them. On that same note, I'm usually of the camp that doesn't give a flying fuck what someone says about my TV, stereo, computer, penis pump... I usually research my major electronics purchases and 99.9% am quite satisfied with what I choose. I looked into an iPad, but in the end -for me-the cost didn't justify its capabilities over, say, a netbook.

My brother-in-law just bought himself a mac-mini, and while it's small and convenient and comes with good video editing software (the only reason I'd consider it), I felt that the grand he spent could have been better dished out on better bang for the buck alternatives. But - hey- it looks pretty.

Adam

Adammon

I didn't realize penis pumps came in such small sizes.

fade

fade

The price/performance thing is so subjective, though. I mean, technically, a guy wildly throwing punches and a kung-fu master are accomplishing the same goal of beating the tar out of someone. And the argument that kung-fu training for 30 years was ultimately a waste of time has some merit to it, sure. It depends on what you want.

I guess for me, it's the form factor again. A netbook does the same thing, but not in the same way. You get an iPad FOR the big, flat touchscreen, not in spite of it. I mean, that's what you're buying. My grant was to have an alternative to both lab samples and the projector. I could pass around a near-infinite set of annotated rock and mineral samples that are interactive. Sure, that could be done on a netbook, but then you lose the sharable, gather-roundable really crisp color-controlled screen and the touch interface, which really cements the geo concepts more than a mouse, to me. Plus it was only $450 with the university discount. It runs unix software and openGL, so coding on it is a lot simpler than learning proprietary DirectX.

strawman

strawman

It reminds me of the early days of the internet.

"So... what does internet do...?"

"Well, you can send messages to other people, read webpages about what kind of food iguanas like, that sort of thing!"

"So... why would I do that rather than call someone on the phone, or go to my library and get a book on iguanas?"

"...Uh... I guess it's something you'll have to try to understand..."

Espy

Espy

In the end, as with most tech, people should use what works best for them. And then of course, make fun of and disparage everyone who does anything differently. It's the only way.

strawman

strawman

Horses for courses. Some people will never use a hammer because they never need to nail something together, and have a hard time understanding why someone would own a hammer, nevermind own several different types. Others nail stuff together all the time, and can't understand how one can go through life without nailing in nails.

Then there are those...

Chibibar

Heh. Like I said before, we were PCs for a long while. Until my father bought me my first iMac. My wife LOVE it so much, she took it from it. :(

We just upgrade our flip phone from t-mobile to iPhone. My wife and I love it. We use our phone more (calls, text and games) than before. Yay! We didn't go droid due to contract reasons, but I don't think my wife will give up her phone. She is comfortable with it.

She was totally against iPad due to cost, but when I manage to get her one (only 16GB model) she find many many many many uses for it. She loves it.

There is always an alternative when it comes to technology. Some go with the "shiny" some go with "economical" and some go between the two.

If I want multi touch screen portable unit, I would go iPad
If I want a single touch but more powerful system (also more open) I would get a laptop with touch screen capability (currently single touch due to OS I think)
If I want a gaming system, I go with tower PC (I still do)
But that is me.

Mathias

Mathias

It reminds me of the early days of the internet.

"So... what does internet do...?"

"Well, you can send messages to other people, read webpages about what kind of food iguanas like, that sort of thing!"

"So... why would I do that rather than call someone on the phone, or go to my library and get a book on iguanas?"

"...Uh... I guess it's something you'll have to try to understand..."

So now you're indirectly calling me obtuse because I don't buy into Steve Jobs' bullshit?

I get the whole "outta the box" concept for the iPad. I really do. But I think you're being distracted by the "shiny" over what it can actually do. The advertisement motto for the thing states that "it's magical". Come on! Magical? That alone sets off my bullshit detector for useless crap. I'm sorry, no matter how much Apple and fans of the iPad sugarcoat it, it's just an electronic version of the Sham-Wow. Yeah, it's handy but a paper towel or rag does the same thing.

fade

fade

It does exactly what I wanted to, exactly how I conceived something like that should before they even came out with it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's Apple's whole appeal. They (and I reiterate, it's far more than a figurehead/mascot in a turtleneck) are good at doing things the way you intuitively expect them to. It's like this button on the iphone headset. What? One button? Okay. Play/pause. I get it. Oops the the phone's ringing. Hey the button works for that and call waiting. Wow. I hate this song, and I don't want to fumble around for the touchscreen...wonder what double clicking does? Hey! FF, just like I expected. That was a great song. If ff is 2 clicks, I bet RW is 3. Sho' nuff.

It's not like the shamwow to me. It's like satellite tv versus sticking a paperclip in the coax hole. Both work to get you tv, but the difference is clear there.
Added at: 23:52
By the way. Pick your favorite product. I can guarantee its ad tagline is stupid/corny/aimed at the lowest common denominator, too.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I have absolutely no use for an ipad.

That doesn't mean I think they're useless. As many have said already, they do provide a useful niche, and the compact form factor and ease of use is a major selling point to most people.

But it's not going to be for everyone. For portable needs, I can do everything I need on my phone (Droid X), and for heavier computing needs I have a laptop. I have used an iPad, being a verizon employee I've had to train with it so that I know how to use it and sell it to potential customers, but it just isn't for me. Being that I'm not invested in iOS, that limitation is a major factor as to why I dislike it. That, and as a frugal person (jew) I can't justify its expense when I'd much rather use a netbook running windows, or maybe one of those legendary windows tablets that don't suck that will be coming out one day.

All that said, the Galaxy Tab is pretty fun, and you should buy one now from your local Verizon retailer.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Really, Mac released a purposefully inferior product with Ipad 1.0 so that they could sell 2.0 with all the features that everyone knew were missing.
In a device that nobody came close to producing at the time. They may not have rushed some of the specs (could they have? maybe) but there was nobody even in the neighborhood with that device. They didn't need to add anything else to it to do well.

strawman

strawman

So now you're indirectly calling me obtuse because I don't buy into Steve Jobs' bullshit?
No, not at all. I got it because I had a client purchase it for me. I couldn't justify the cost with what I perceived it to be useful for.

Once I got it, I "got it" and now if I had to go back and make that same choice I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What I'm saying is that people who call it useless, imply it's only for apple fanboys, simply don't get it in the same way that a lot of computer users in the early nineties didn't get the internet.

It's a new way of doing the same old things, and for some things it's better than the old way.

I get that it's not for you. That's fine. I'm not saying you made a bad decision or trying to convince you to change your mind. I honestly don't care. But it does rankle me that you imply repeatedly that the device itself is useless or that only apply fanboys are going to get any use out of it. You're making statements with baseless assumptions.

fade

fade

As another use case, I use it more or less exactly the way they used the PADD on TNG. Do work on the Pro, droP data in DroPbox, fire up Dropbox app on the iPad and share figs with research group. Yes I could do that on a netbook, but the iPad just works better for it. As far as purposely underfeatured... It's funny, but I've been making the exact opposite argument for years. That computer companies need to sell a less-featured computer to capture the blissfully computer illiterate crowd. I think that's par of the whole iOS and app business model.

Bones

Bones

personally I am waiting for a win 7 pad, I have already experimented with them and they work well for what i would need. however I do like apples product, what I don't like is their closed wall product for hardware. honest to god if you could buy a mac os disc and install it on any computer I probably would do so in a heartbeat. but I am a power user and I am not going to pay them 2-3x as much money to have the privilege to use their OS on some of my rigs.
also fade, stop being a troll with mathias, its not cool bro.

fade

fade

What am I trolling? I've acknowledged and agreed with a lot of his arguments. I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

Bones

Bones

mmm, thats fine...just as long as you are not knowingly trolling someone. you may want to dial back the analogies of everything vs your ipad. just a thought.

Espy

Espy

Fade is trolling???

Good lord what thread are you reading? :confused:

Mathias

Mathias

Fade is trolling me?

Espy

Espy

I think he did it in code.

fade

fade

I used 2 analogies total. Both practically the same, and one in direct response to an analogy used against me. Are you trolling me, Bones?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Who trolls the Trolls?
<.<
>.>

--Patrick

fade

fade

And I made it clear they were both personal preference, and that the plenty of people like the alternatives both in terms of PCs and the analogies.
Added at: 18:03
I've never trolled. I just defend my position. Like I said before, apparently that bugs people here for some reason.

KCWM

KCWM

OK, now I'm really confused (and way behind the times). First Lady P is a dude named Adam?

Fun Size

Fun Size

BTW, trolling is a hundred thousand times more awesome when you do it on an iPad.

Fade told me that.

Espy

Espy

I've never trolled. I just defend my position
Yes but apparently when you defend anything Apple you must be trolling. So way to go you troll. :p

JCM

Agree pretty much 100% with Fade. And a notebook or netbook is just too incovenient and clunky for portable computing after you've got used to an iPad.

That's really the crux of it. Most of the Apple users I've talked to start frothing at the mouth if you utter one disparaging word against Steve Jobs.
Added at: 12:47

I'm pretty sure the iPad 2 is going to get the "Jobs" touch.
While Luiza and I love the ipad, iphone and up to two years back I used mostly Macs (now that I rarely draw and have a kid, so its a cheaper Sony Vaio for me), Steve Jobs is pretty much a despicable boss in any way possible.

Invite these guys to watch "Pirates of the silicon Valley" and ask them whether they'd like to work for him.

strawman

strawman

OK, now I'm really confused (and way behind the times). First Lady P is a dude named Adam?
Yeppers. I was stienman previously on these forums, going back to the image days: http://halforums.wikidot.com/stienman Cajungal, at some point in the past, said she thought First Lady Puffinstuff would be a great name, so I stole it and have been using it since. It amuses me.

On the other hand, I'm treading in dangerous waters here, because I'm now known as "pollyanna" on another site http://meta.stackoverflow.com/users/2915/pollyanna for the reason that I never downvote topics and answers there, which rankles some of the other users. I'm Adam Davis most places, including real life.

I suppose in some small way I'm fulfilling rule #29: On the internet, all girls are men, and all kids are undercover FBI agents.

Covar

Covar

By the way FLP congrats on programmers.stackexchange.com making it out of beta. I had my doubts at first, but it's proved to be a valuable and viable SE site.

strawman

strawman

By the way FLP congrats on programmers.stackexchange.com making it out of beta. I had my doubts at first, but it's proved to be a valuable and viable SE site.
Thanks. I haven't been able to spend much time there, unfortunately, but I'm glad to see there's another outlet for some questions that simply don't belong on SO. It's too bad it's not a little more free-form, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Jiarn

I think the big issue is that overpriced cost of something that tends to be inferior in most ways.

Espy

Espy

Now see Bones? ^Thats trolling.

Jiarn

Now see Bones? ^Thats trolling.
Sorry I should have added "to me". But seriously, what justifies the $1000+ price hike over a powerful PC or handheld device?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Sorry I should have added "to me". But seriously, what justifies the $1000+ price hike over a powerful PC or handheld device?
$1000 + price hike on what?

Espy

Espy

What mac has a 1000 dollar price hike?
Even some basic googling reveals lots of stuff thats says when speced out similarly they all pretty much cost the same. In fact I remember a study computerworld (found it: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9023959/Mac_vs._PC_cost_analysis_How_does_it_all_add_up_) did that showed the dell actually cost more. Sure somethings cost a little more, but then you get you get into the nitty gritty of what you prefer, form factor, design, overall quality not to mention the customer support, etc.
Plus: Have fun NOT running programs that are mac only on your PC while I run both mac and PC programs on mine. Thats pretty valuable for some people.
Cost is only one way to determine worth and the myth of the higher cost mac is pretty much just that in most cases.

Jiarn

I stand corrected then.

Espy

Espy

Here's the deal though man, in the end you just get what you need you know? If a PC works best or you primarily do gaming? Get a PC. My mom had a dell for YEARS and we just paid probably twice as much over a new Dell for a Mac Mini. Why? She wants a computer that weighs next to nothing so she can easily move it (she has a really bad back) and I can log into it and fix things/provide support from my mac among other reasons (she loves the mac programs over Office and web photo apps, etc).
Now I've used PC Laptops at work for ages and I can say this: I've never yet used a PC laptop in all my years that even comes close to matching the power mixed with the form factor and design of my Macbook Pro. Yes, it's my personal preference but for me it's an enjoyable thing to have a computer that works so well for me and that I enjoy using.
I don't think there is such a thing as Mac is better than PC or vice versa, in the end it's about what works for you and what you enjoy using.
Added at: 15:54
I can't comment on whether or not the iPad is overpriced as I haven't yet found anything that seems to be real competition to it. Hopefully there will be more coming from other vendors and it can help drive that cost down though, it's more than I want to pay for one.

drifter

drifter

I think the crux of the matter is kind of outlined in this sentence from that article:

"The key to the perception that Macs are more expensive is that Apple offers very few in-between models.

I think for a good number of people, those in-between possibilities are important.

Also, that same article pointed out a roughly equivalent HP laptop for $700 less. Just sayin'

Espy

Espy

I think you hit the nail on the head, they don't offer a lot of in between, but again thats part of the idea of maximizing the user experience which might be frustrating for some but its one of the reasons why satisfaction rates are so high for mac users.

Bones

Bones

i was mistaken, i retract my statements, i assumed the line about the ipad being like satellite tv vs sticking a paperclip in the coax jack to be a bit overzealous. apparently i was mistaken, i retract my statements. also if mac wanted me as a customer they would offer their software for use on any rig, i would gladly use it if this was possible, as it is I am not buying ANOTHER computer just to use the operating system for the few things i would need it for.

Espy

Espy

i was mistaken, i retract my statements, i assumed the line about the ipad being like satellite tv vs sticking a paperclip in the coax jack to be a bit overzealous. apparently i was mistaken, i retract my statements. also if mac wanted me as a customer they would offer their software for use on any rig, i would gladly use it if this was possible, as it is I am not buying ANOTHER computer just to use the operating system for the few things i would need it for.
Thats totally fair and actually one of the reasons I do use a Mac, because I can run windows and OSX (and linux for you mouth breathers out there ;) ) on it.

Chibibar

I believe a while back people think that the "low" end of Mac is too high compare to "low end" of PC. The problem is that the low end of mac (if I remember correctly) is consider med level to PC.... thus the price point is around the same. That is how I see it.

but at the end of the day, there are something that PC are better and sometimes Mac is better.
up until recently, PC is a way to go for gaming since Steam only work on PC (not anymore) and many games are PC only. Steam has gone the way of both Mac and PC (which my wife loves) and more and more games are able to run on both. That is just my perspective from the gaming arena.

Now of course PC is more customizable than a Mac. I can change out video card, memory, HDD, motherboard and a whole slew of stuff. There are more components to choose from (thus price difference) but I don't see many OEM Apple stuff (I don't think there is any. Are there any?) thus Apple keep their parts and brand pretty tight (less competition, cost more)

drifter

drifter

I think you hit the nail on the head, they don't offer a lot of in between, but again thats part of the idea of maximizing the user experience which might be frustrating for some but its one of the reasons why satisfaction rates are so high for mac users.
I agree. I mean, I love having a lot of choices, but when it comes down to it, am I going to be able to notice the speed difference between a 2.6 and a 2.8 Ghz processor when I'm firing up Word? Apple's tiered approach makes a lot of sense.

Bones

Bones

strawman

strawman

No, every single time I've compared spec for spec, Apple has consistently been more expensive by at least 10%, and in one case over 50%. Apple is more expensive. Period. Pick any mac and I will find a PC with the same specs for cheaper.

Shakey

Shakey

Apple doesn't really change their prices as the cost of the hardware goes down. You'll find a very small price difference when apple comes out with new laptops or computers, and a large difference at the end of their life cycle. As has been said before though, most Apple buyers care more about ease of use an over all experience to cost.

strawman

strawman

No, apple has huge margins. They refresh their entire line on 12 to 18 month cycles. Even when a brand new machine comes out, it's expensive.

Let's put it this way. When Apple recently released their core i5 machines, I was building a core i7 with much more ram for much less. Now, I was building it, so there's a little difference right off the top, but even going to a pre-built machine from Dell would have yielded a measurably better machine for the same price, or a cheaper machine with the same specs.

Shakey

Shakey

Apple will always be more expensive, I'm not arguing that. Just saying the best time to buy apple is at a new release.
Also, apple does have better off the shelf hardware. They aren't just reselling the same parts dell is. I forget where I saw the article, but I remember seeing how apple tests their hard drives to a higher standard than most, especially in the servers they sold.
This is all coming from someone who doesn't own an apple, and probably never will. They do put out good hardware that very few can match, you just have to want to pay the price.

Espy

Espy

Yes Adam, in general you can go find something with similar specs for cheaper. But you get what you pay for. Are you paying a little more in general for a Mac? Of course you are. But you get top of the line hardware, a super stable OS that many prefer to use, a great package of installed software, no bloatware, the highest rated customer and tech support, great design and form factor among other preferences people might have that a Mac meets.

Does that mean it's worth the extra money? Maybe not to you. Shockingly though, those are things that some people want.

One of the guys over at PC World said this and I think it sums up a bit of what I'm talking about:
All those caveats aside, here's the bottom line: Strictly on the basis of specs and features, your money will go further with a Windows laptop than with an Apple laptop, whether you have $1000 or $2000 to spend.
But does that mean MacBooks aren't a good value? That's where subjectivity comes into play. In my opinion, MacBooks, with the exception of the white $999 model, are indeed good values. I've owned both Macs and Windows PCs since the early 90s, and my Macs have tended to last longer and give me far fewer problems. And Macs are simply a joy to use, thanks to the Mac OS's many ingenious features and Apple's design savvy. I've rarely felt that way about a Windows computer.

The important thing here is that the cost difference is very small these days and sometimes flipped around if you go through Dell or one of the major retailers.
There are a lot of valid reasons to buy a computer and the cost is only one of them. If you want the cheapest thing you can find with the cheapest hardware then you can and will find it. If you value other stuff then there are more options out there you just have to be willing to pay for them whether its a Mac or a Windows computer.

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

I love my iPad. I can hold it like a book and read eBooks, play games, etc. And developers are really coming up with some neat ways to use it. While I still have eBooks and games on my iPhone for when I get stuck in a waiting room, it's still nicer to use apps on an iPad. But most importantly, my kid loves the iPad, which makes a 14 hour car trip much more pleasant when he can have a bunch of books, games and movies all in one small package!

I had relatives drooling over mine over the holidays, and none of them are "computer people" let alone "Apple fanbois". :rolleyes: (Actually, most of them have Windows). They all liked how easy it was to use, which is a very big deal for someone who is not a hardcore computer geek. It's small enough to hold it in your lap to read email, but not so small that you can't see the text easily. My toddler niece was "finger painting" with one of my art apps (she kept checking her finger for the "paint" :D ) and the controls were big enough that she could easily select new colors and brushes. iOS is also far less intimidating to non-geeks. Not once did anyone worry about clicking the "wrong" thing or "breaking" it, and they like the intuitive tapping/swiping/pinching. And nobody ever complained about not being able to compile their own OS on it either. *snerk*

Covar

Covar

I never quite got the people that use Dell as their example why Apple is overpriced (I get the ones that use building their own as comparable, they're just morons). It's like saying the BMW 3 series is overpriced compared to the Kia Forte. I know for a while people would compare a barebones PC sans monitor to the iMac as if that was a viable comparison.

For what it's worth if you want to buy a desktop, get a mac. If you want a PC, build one.

If you want a Laptop I suggest Lenovo or Apple.

Espy

Espy

If you want a Laptop I suggest Lenovo or Apple.
My brother has been using Lenovo since they took over the IMB Thinkpad laptops and he says that ever since Lenovo took over they have been surprisingly mediocre computers compared to when they came out under IBM. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Covar

Covar

the Thinkpads have gone down in quality since IBM sold them, but I would still recommend them over other laptop manufactures.

PatrThom

PatrThom

...nobody ever complained about not being able to compile their own OS on it either. *snerk*
Thanks to your avatar, I just read your entire post in Slappy's voice. It was fantastic.

--Patrick

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

And just before they start offering iPhones, Verizon announces it will end its upgrade discounts for renewing customers.

In other words, "Fuck you, you pay full price now, bitches!"

Shakey

Shakey

That's actually a discount above the normal discounted price. They aren't making people pay full retail price for phones.

Vagabond

Vagabond

I never quite got the people that use Dell as their example why Apple is overpriced (I get the ones that use building their own as comparable, they're just morons). It's like saying the BMW 3 series is overpriced compared to the Kia Forte.
That's a trite comparison, as Dell has made several successful moves upmarket in the past couple of years. It's almost like you're relying on a tired stereotype rather then the actuality.

Mathias

Mathias

That's a trite comparison, as Dell has made several successful moves upmarket in the past couple of years. It's almost like you're relying on a tired stereotype rather then the actuality.

Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle.

strawman

strawman

I never quite got the people that use Dell as their example why Apple is overpriced
In general the high end dells are very well designed and robust systems. You get absolute junk at the low end, though.

In generall, Apple computers only compare technically with the higher end dells.

So it's a valid comparison, mostly.

Mind you, low cost does not always mean junk, and high cost does not always mean top of the line.

I just like generalizing willy nilly.

Espy

Espy

Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle.
You know, following up a reasonable point with insults and generalizations stated as fact don't exactly make you come off as the least "rapid fan" here.

Mathias

Mathias

You know, following up a reasonable point with insults and generalizations stated as fact don't exactly make you come off as the least "rapid fan" here.

Excuse me if I hurt your feelings. If you need me, I'll be in my M3.

Espy

Espy

Oh you rascal with your cute little insults and slights. What would we ever do without you around here?

Mathias

Mathias

Oh you rascal with your cute little insults and slights. What would we ever do without you around here?

Oh come on, suck it up and don't be such a bitch.

Espy

Espy

Mathias

Mathias

I don't even know what your problem is. I'm not insulting anyone.

Espy

Espy

I suppose you and I have a different idea of what an insult is.
But really, if you want to sit in this thread and keep throwing out insulting generalizations of apple users (and clearly you know myself and many others in this thread and on this forum are among them) and then call anyone who call you out on it "a bitch" or a "fanboi" and then pretend you aren't being a troll then go for it. All you will do is succeed in getting the thread locked and earning yourself an infraction.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

But really, if you want to sit in this thread and keep throwing out insulting generalizations of apple users (and clearly you know myself and many others in this thread and on this forum are among them) and then call anyone who call you out on it "a bitch" or a "fanboi" and then pretend you aren't being a troll then go for it. All you will do is succeed in getting the thread locked and earning yourself an infraction.
I haven't really seen any insulting. He's made his position clear, but he's yet to call anyone a goatfucker.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Oh come on, suck it up and don't be such a bitch.
Old habits die hard it seems.

Mathias

Mathias

Old habits die hard it seems.
No, no, no. By switch from the Chazwozel moniker I never stated that I wouldn't defend myself against thin-skinned bullshit remarks. That IS very much my own personality. If someone has a problem with me, I'll damn well make sure I give them a problem back.

As for Espy getting butthurt, I don't know what I said that triggered it. If anything it only furthers my points about Apple's rapid fanbase. It's a fucking brandname. Get over yourself.
Added at: 11:19

Look, I don't know who the fuck pissed in your Cheerios, but YOU can do well to just fuck off. I said nothing of the sort directed towards anyone here. YOU are being a bitch, so yeah, I'll call you one. Here, I have an Asus based computer. Go ahead make fun of Asus and their userbase all the fuck you want. I don't give a shit. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.
Added at: 11:27

Let us dissect exactly what I recently said:

"Well the analogy sucks, but the reasoning is valid. The reason why Apples are more expensive than a PC is the same reason a BMW is more expensive than a Mustang, even though the Mustang is probably faster and a hell of a lot more customizable. That's a better analogy. It's about the name, the image, and the fact that people are willing to pay for such things. That's why you see so many Apple rapid fans. Apple fanbois are of the same thread of that douche in the Mercedes who scoffs at anyone who doesn't drive a Mercedes. Who cares? In the end it's just a computer and not a lifestyle."

hmm, I don't specifically see anywhere where I'm saying "Espy, that douche with the Apple scoffs at anyone who doesn't own an Apple."

I'm specifically referring to the Apple Fanboi user base. If you fall under the category of self-righteous moron who defines his lifestyle and who he is on consumer garbage like the computer he buys or the car he drives, well then -yeah- I'm talking about you. But I assume (and hope to God) that most users on this board aren't that pitiful and shallow, which is why I see no reason not to make such a remark.

Espy

Espy

Sure thing buddy. You really nailed it oh wise one.

Krisken

Krisken

Steak. Chili. Now Apple.

Dave

Dave

Whee! The first lock of the new year!