So I'm Leaving MY GF, sortof - (11/07/2009 GF's BDAY Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm Leaving MY GF, sortof - (Baww Thread, Stay Out If You Don't Like It)

Never been good with relationship advice, but from my reading you still have some deep issues with your current GF (you don't really connect with her on a higher level, you are only with her for various security reasons).

While the other woman may not be as idea as you are thinking she is, she may be a step in the right direction.

Also,

So I'm Leaving MY GF, sortof - (Updated w/ Shocking Revelation 10/30/09)

Well I got hit by a (emotional) truck last night/today.

During a very long conversation with my GF last night, I confessed about "her". I told her that I had had feelings for "her" and at one point I questioned who I wanted to be with. I told her that even though I choose my GF, I still thought of "her" and what could have been.

To my surprise, my GF was relieved by this information, saying that it made her feel more secure with me, knowning that I could have persued someone "more compatible" with me but choose my GF instead. It really turned the night around and she's starting to come back around to me.

Fast forward to this afternoon (maybe 45mins ago), I'm having lunch with my GF and she brings "her" up. I immediately tell her not to, cause it's a subject I'm not "over" and would rather not hear about it. She replies with "Ok, just this one thing though. She's getting married!" (I guess she thought I'd be happy for her or something) instead it felt like I got punched in the face with a brick.

Strange part is, in a weird way, it's comforting to know and making it easier to let "her" go. As the hours go by, I find myself more and more relieved by the news and more and more sure about my decision all along to choose my GF.

It's been a strange and difficult afternoon, to say the least.

Dave

Staff member

During a very long conversation with my GF last night, I confessed about "her". I told her that I had had feelings for "her" and at one point I questioned who I wanted to be with. I told her that even though I choose my GF, I still thought of "her" and what could have been.

To my surprise, my GF was relieved by this information, saying that it made her feel more secure with me, knowning that I could have persued someone "more compatible" with me but choose my GF instead. It really turned the night around and she's starting to come back around to me.

Fast forward to this afternoon (maybe 45mins ago), I'm having lunch with my GF and she brings "her" up. I immediately tell her not to, cause it's a subject I'm not "over" and would rather not hear about it. She replies with "Ok, just this one thing though. She's getting married!" (I guess she thought I'd be happy for her or something) instead it felt like I got punched in the face with a brick.

Strange part is, in a weird way, it's comforting to know and making it easier to let "her" go. As the hours go by, I find myself more and more relieved by the news and more and more sure about my decision all along to choose my GF.

Based on this I am very, very glad you decided to be honest and didn't make that leap without looking you had been thinking of making.

Congrats again!

I

Iaculus

I have no idea why, but I felt a big, slow grin creeping over my face as I read this.

(administers hugs to Shego, making sure to check for knives first and have medkit on standby).

C

Chibibar

Wow. Shego is all "grown up" :) I'm glad you are finding your inner self and love. You know, there are times I think about my past g/f and I talk to my wife about it. The grass will always seem greener on the other side, but reality is that it might just be dirt with green shiny paint on it.

I am glad things are working out and you two are still together.

P.S. I think by letting your guard down, your emotion toward your current g/f is coming out and since it is a different feeling that your other relationship, you are not sure what to do with it, but I'm glad you went the honesty route.

North_Ranger

Staff member

"And on that day, Shegokigo's heart grew three sizes."

*distracts Shego with a BDSM picture of Wanda Firebaugh and ambush hugs*

K

kaykordeath

Yeah, count me in as one of those who's oddly (even more so for my less-than-regular-poster-status) warmed comforted by how well things have been going for you Shego.

I guess, for me, it's because it seems like very familiar territory, though possibly on a much grander scale, and, at the end of the day, it's just nice to see people happy and comfortable with each other (and you WILL be happy, damnit, like it or not).

According to this thread, my heart has apparantely increased so many times that it should technically weigh around 980lbs. :eek:

Thank you.

For using your brain.
For doing the right thing.
It's interesting, I actually thought about your words/advice/warning at one point in the conversation.

Y'know Shegs, whenever I saw you talk about your situation with your GF I always thought "man, she's just staying there for all the wrong reasons, this is not gonna end well..." with that feeling of dread you feel for people you care for but can't really do anything about.

I am seriously thrilled to be so surprised by how things turned out... I didn't see this coming, but it looks like you're not only now with her for all the right reasons, but you're beginning to melt that exterior of yours and actually care. Now I feel this is going to go well, and I'm really, truly, sincerely happy to hear it.

Buena suerte, mujer, te la mereces.

D

Dusty668

/british
Your Girlfriends a MAN, Baby!
/no british

Seriously, glad it's going well for ya!

Y

Yoink

nice :)

C

Chazwozel

According to this thread, my heart has apparantely increased so many times that it should technically weigh around 980lbs. :eek:

Thank you.

For using your brain.
For doing the right thing.
It's interesting, I actually thought about your words/advice/warning at one point in the conversation.

I can only repeat what the Mexican said. Without the Spanish bit, as i have no idea what that means :-P

Y'know Shegs, whenever I saw you talk about your situation with your GF I always thought "man, she's just staying there for all the wrong reasons, this is not gonna end well..." with that feeling of dread you feel for people you care for but can't really do anything about.

I am seriously thrilled to be so surprised by how things turned out... I didn't see this coming, but it looks like you're not only now with her for all the right reasons, but you're beginning to melt that exterior of yours and actually care. Now I feel this is going to go well, and I'm really, truly, sincerely happy to hear it.
Really, coz Shego bullshitting herself about the whole thing seemed like the logical alternative to it not ending well... but then again i always expect people to lie to themselves... keeps me sane (faint hope that if peopel where not stuff would be better etc.)

Buena suerte, mujer, te la mereces.
And you base that on what?! :yield:

To keep this concentrated in one thread, I'll keep updates going here:

So last night added to a new twist on my dreams:

My GF, "her", myself, and 3 strangers are in a van, driving to the airport to go to Paris (or somewhere in Europe, I'm not sure). My GF insists that I spend the entire drive with "her" to make sure "she" isn't what I really want.

So my GF sits in the backseat, I sit in the middle seat with "her" and the drive goes. "She" puts her head on my shoulder and I begin feeling all those "wonderous" feelings of being "finally with her". I look toward the backseat and my GF is looking very hurt but trying to keep a stiff upper lip. The drive goes on and "we" get more and more comfortable but I keep looking at the backseat, hoping for I don't know what kind of reaction.

We stop at a store (I think) but my GF go across the road and waits with a friend while I get off at the store with "her". I tell "her" to go inside and I walk across the street to see how my GF is doing but the dream fast forwards to the airport.

At the airport, I'm confronting "her" about everything that's going on and "she" tells me that things might not work out if I choose "her", and I agree but still fight it a bit. Right as soon as the time is winding down to choose the flight, I decide to go with my GF and say goodbye to "her". I run through the empty airport and try and make it to my GF's flight, only to find the gate closed and the attendant says I didn't make it in time. I start pleading and talking to all the attendants when they finally let me on. As I'm about to enter the plane, I wake up.

--------------

Now, I KNOW that dream must be laced with all kinds of symbolism, but I'm terrible at "reading" them. Also a very important note (I think so anyway) is that "she" was not "she" at least not visually. Her face wasn't "her". The first time (in the car) it was someone I didn't recognize yet it was still supposed to be "her". Then at the airport her face was that of an old friend, but still supposed to be "her".

Wth? :bush:

So I'm Leaving MY GF, sortof - (New Update 11/04/09)

I'd read this dream as fear of losing your gf? I haven't read this thread in a while, so I may be saying a completley idiotic thing, but That's the first impression I get from this dream... and I'm told I'm generally good interpreting them!

I'll have a quick read of the thread and I'll come back at you.

EDIT: I see two possible interpretations:

Either your brain is processing your past trains of thought, kind of like a dramatization of past events, in wich you approached "her" but finally found you prefer your GF over her but feared losing her (and almost did / felt like you almost did)

or

You still fear your current uncertainty can make you lose your GF, but your final decision is to be with your GF and not "Her", even if you have to wrestle your own thoughts for a while.

I think the fact that "her" is not the real "her" but just a strange amalgam is a good clue to thinking that your dream is more about dciding you want to pursue your relationship with your GF (insted of looking elsewhere, and not specifically in "her") than a dream about both of them specifically.

I can definitely see that as a possibility. Ever since she almost left, it's sort of like the tables in the relationship have turned and I've become more insecure where she's fallen into a more confident role.

I updated my thoughts (in an Edited post, itr doesn't show up as a new answer) but I basically elaborate on what I have already said.

Shannow

Staff member

This is the kind of crap we don't need. Stay out of the thread if you don't like it or else avoid the personal sniping. -Espy

C

Chibibar

Shego: remember that you have experience a lot of emotional changes and resolution recently. Your brain has a lot of that information fresh in your mind, your brain is trying to "organize" or "sort it out" so maybe you can understand it. (it is natural) dreams are usually bits and pieces of memory being "organize" and your brain is trying to make sense of it all.

I believe that you truly love your long time girlfriend and your brain is trying to tell you that it wouldn't have work out even if you "think" it might. the recent information about "her" getting married might push your brain to really move on from "her" and really concentrate on what really matter to you and your heart which is your GF.

I'm glad she is sticking with you and working this out (which I'm glad). I think the airport might be a way of your brain trying to send "her" off and maybe show what could happen if you lose your gf. you do have feelings for her (and it seem to show a lot more lately). It is a change from your normal self and thus you are trying to sort it all and some may not make sense since it is a new sensation that you haven't experience in a while (at least what we have been told here :) )

At least that is how I interpret it.

Seeing Shannow's recent behavior in a new light, I'm starting to understand what Dave meant now.

Thank you Chibi and Silver Jelly though, that's the basic premise I got from them too, was just wondering what other opinions might have been.

Dave

Staff member

Shannow, because the new rules are not in place you get that one for free. But thanks for proving my point.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Unless Espy gets there before me. ;)

Man, when I read this thread, all I can hear is Daft Punk's Better, Faster, Stronger playing in my head. It feels so good.

Man, when I read this thread, all I can hear is Daft Punk's Better, Faster, Stronger playing in my head. It feels so good.
Really? I think Digital Love is much more appropriate now that dreams have come into it.

S

SeraRelm

It seems like that faceless, unknown "her" is just the ideal of some perfect relationship, but you're more interested in something real, IE: your current GF.

Shannow

Staff member

Ya know what, fuck it, put the fucking ban on, then. And delete my last couple posts in here.

Really? I think Digital Love is much more appropriate now that dreams have come into it.[/QUOTE]

Digital Love is easily one of my favorite songs of that DVD. :thumb:

It seems like that faceless, unknown "her" is just the ideal of some perfect relationship, but you're more interested in something real, IE: your current GF.
Yeah, I was a bit thrown by "her" face not being "her" through the whole thing.

The dream definitely seems like your subconscious moving away from "her" and finding the girlfriend more important. Although, I also don't put much stock in dream reading, as they could just be pretty random.

Still... can we give a fake name to "her?" All these pronouns are starting to get confusing. I call forth a vote that "she" will now be known as Roxanne.

*cue sting video*

Roxanne's cool, I had a hot female friend named Roxanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.