Export thread

So I was minding my own business, right?

Morphine

Morphine

walking on the sidewalk, talking on the phone very excited because my friend Thomas from Costa Mesa is coming in a few weeks and, well, he's really cool and I miss my friends from over there AND this probably means I'll get laid so yes, we can say my excitement was fairly obvious.

I passed through a group of 2 guys and 2 girls without really paying any attention to them but, apparently my arm made some sort of contact with one of the girls' shoulder in a way that she interpreted as me hitting her intentionally and started yelling at me, at first I didn't even realized she was yelling at me, I was completely caught up in my conversation, until she grabbed my arm and pulled me, I snapped out of it and just said "I'll call you back" and hung up. I was more confused than angry or anything, it was all very sudden, I turned around, looked down and saw her.

I'm about 5'6 tall, not the tallest person but for mexican standards I'm considered tall... she was like 5 ft tall, her head barely reached the level of my shoulders, I thought that was kind of funny. She started yelling and cursing and called me all sorts of nasty things you can imagine. At that point I didn't know if I was mad or amused or what, everything was just weird and ridiculous.

I asked her what her problem was and she told me not to play dumb, she said I hit her on purpose and now I was going to see "who I had messed with"; she wanted to beat my ass... I laughed and she didn't take it very well. She started walking towards me and one of her male friends grabbed her by the wrist and told her to quit it but oh boy, was she determined to beat the crap out of me.

I have to say it was a little scary because my fighting skills are worthless shit, I'm very peaceful and I find physical violence quite disgusting, but it was also hilarious, these ghetto girls can get so pissed with so little and turn into ravishing little creatures with horrendous makeup and greasy hair.

I told her I was in a hurry and had no time for her stupidity, she screamed even louder and tried to get off the guy's grip with no luck.

As I was starting to walk away I said "sorry hun, if you liked me so much you shoulda just said it ;)" winked, smiled at her and turned around just to hear her yell more vulgarities, threats and nonsense until I just couldn't hear her anymore.

These kind of things never happen to me, I laughed a lot about it and then realized I had been quite lucky that this fine lady's friends weren't very supportive of her... she would've probably made me eat dirt.

How are your fighting skills, my fellow forumites? Are you all about ass kicking or do you prefer avoiding it? How do you handle things like bar fights and stuff?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Believe it or not, despite various levels of combat training from both the Corps and the Department, I've not been in a fight.

Suspects don't fight me, which is something of a disappointment. They'll fight my partners, and get hurt for it, but noone's tried me. Yet.

David

David

In high school I saw my girlfriend off to the bus. When I walked away, this other girl stopped me and asked "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Yes."
"But she's so ugly!"
To which I replied, "Well, you're no prize yourself." And continued walking away, leaving her behind furiously screaming at me. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

In high school I saw my girlfriend off to the bus. When I walked away, this other girl stopped me and asked "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Yes."
"But she's so ugly!"
To which I replied, "Well, you're no prize yourself." And continued walking away, leaving her behind furiously screaming at me. :)
That's just freakin' surreal...

Krisken

Krisken

Damn. She must be a total tit if her friends weren't even willing to back her up.

As for my fighting skills, I couldn't kick my own ass.

Morphine

Morphine

Damn. She must be a total tit if her friends weren't even willing to back her up.

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.

M

labrat

I've been doing martial arts for about 10 years. I can hold my own pretty well.

David

David

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic "THIS IS 'MERICA!" piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.

Krisken

Krisken

I want labrat to be my proxy.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.[/QUOTE]

It's always about image, isn't it? Any chance they can get to play themselves up, and make themselves appear tougher. Freakin' egos...

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.
This is amusing to me. I delight in blow-hards being taken down a peg.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've never ever had to fight. I have no idea how I'd even go about it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

And that's really weird, Morphine. Glad you didn't have to really fight her. What a ridiculous person.

David

David

1) Encounter large man
2) Kick said man in nads
3) ????
4) Profit!

crono1224

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.[/QUOTE]

It's always about image, isn't it? Any chance they can get to play themselves up, and make themselves appear tougher. Freakin' egos...

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.
This is amusing to me. I delight in blow-hards being taken down a peg.[/QUOTE]

Sadly she was probably elected to office in Arizona.

I never really been in an fight fight, little scuffles that never amount to much. But I could probably handle myself against someone about the same size as me.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I've never been in an actual fight, but I'm sure if I were to get in one I'd be able to hold my own until I get a chance to break off and run.

Cajungal

Cajungal

When my brother was 13 or 14, he got in a fight with 3 high school kids who were picking on one of his friends. After he warned them to leave the kid alone, they attacked him, and he kicked their asses. It was the one time I wished I had taken a martial art too. My brother is very peaceful and gentle, but if he can't stand bullies and has enjoyed putting many in their place.

I love my brother.

Morphine

Morphine

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

And that's really weird, Morphine. Glad you didn't have to really fight her. What a ridiculous person.
Yeah, when I was 14-15 I knew a lot of girls like this, a very sudden change in my life made me have to change schools and I ended up in a public school for women in a not very nice neighborhood and although for one part I feel like it was the best thing that could've ever happened to me, I got to see a lot of awful things like that, girls with zero respect for themselves or anyone else, picking up fights everywhere for the stupidest reasons and I was always the one trying to be the voice of reason but it didn't always work. I'm quite glad I have always been a peaceful and somewhat centered person, back in those days I had to carry a small gun all the time (long story) and I can't imagine what could've happened with my life had I been more like those girls, more stupid and immature.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jesus. O.O That must have been kinda scary. Were you able to pretty much avoid fighting back then too?

Morphine

Morphine

Jesus. O.O That must have been kinda scary. Were you able to pretty much avoid fighting back then too?
Well I have always been the easy going kind of person that just gets along with everybody so normally girls didn't felt like they wanted to fight me.
Also in the beginning I started to see how those things worked and realized that I could be an easy target for anyone so I decided to befriend all the scariest girls in school so that 1.- They liked me and didn't want to beat my ass and 2.- If anyone else ever wanted to beat my ass they would have my back :p
It worked.

Wasabi Poptart

I think I could hold my own if I ever got into a fight. I've never been in a fight though. I inherited this look of death from my grandfather when I'm really pissed. You know, that one that nearly stops your heart when you see it because you know you're in deep shit? Yeah. My grandfather even told my mom that I scared him when I get that look. People don't usually mess with me.

Matt²

sounds like she had a short temper.

....oooh, that was bad, wasn't it?

bhamv3

bhamv3

I learned all my fighting skills from video games, so I'd imagine I'm completely awesome. Like, Mortal Kombat level awesome.

I haven't gotten into any physical confrontations since high school, though the ones I did get into back then were generally over very quickly, like within one or two moves. Usually I was the one standing at the end, which is really weird now that I think about it, because my opponents were always bigger than me (I'm puny even by Asian standards). I guess they underestimate me, or something.

Element 117

Believe it or not, despite various levels of combat training from both the Corps and the Department, I've not been in a fight.

Suspects don't fight me, which is something of a disappointment. They'll fight my partners, and get hurt for it, but noone's tried me. Yet.
Bucket list new item

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Bucket list new item[/QUOTE]

*cocks eyebrow*

Element 117

*cocks eyebrow*[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a stiff condition to deal with.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*cocks eyebrow*[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a stiff condition to deal with.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how often I have people offer to help me with it, which does take some of the strain off. Otherwise, I have to take care of it myself.

Wasabi Poptart

Such a gripping tale, OC.

Element 117

Well so long as you're firm about it. I guess. I just hope you don't have bushy eyebrows too.

Back on topic:

Morphine just has that perfectly sweet personality that makes ugly girls just want to break every bone in her body for. Women are weird. That's why tasers were invented. Or just carry Calleja around, and let him fight all your battles.

Troll

Troll

Or just carry Calleja around, and let him fight all your battles.
Calleja! I choose you!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I like ending fights...Whether I'm involved or not...

Baerdog

Baerdog

Or just carry Calleja around, and let him fight all your battles.
Calleja! I choose you!

[/QUOTE]
CALLEJA uses COUGAR BAIT.

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

General Specific

General Specific

I've also never been in an actual fight. 6'4" ~270 lbs., people don't really seem to mess with me. Though I'm sure if I were to be in a fight, I'd be dropped like a sack of potatoes fairly quickly.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

180ish cm and bout 62 kg (6 foot and under 140 pounds) with 11 years karate, competing at national level competitons. Pretty sure I could hold my own in a fight. Never had a chance to try though. Almost did last weekend, At a club, walked past some random guy who turned around, pushed my shoulder and tried to hit me with a left hook. Duck under ready to pop a jab to the jaw when I saw my bouncer buddies coming from the front door. Quick sidestep out of the way to the bar I had a new drink while he got "accidently" hit by every door frame on the way out. I found it amusing.

Math242

Math242

I'm a big guy 195cm and 110kg, i ve trained in jiu jitsu and some kickboxing. i've been in a few fights in my life. Only once did I not stop myself and beat the shit of someone, the other times i did not want to hurt them.

i can hold my own but i'd rather neutralize the other guy and mock him than beating him up.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Sums up what this thread has become nicely.

Math242

Math242

did you expect anything else?

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'm the little one!

Rovewin

Rovewin

People definitely try to start fights over the stupidest things. The first almost fight I was in was when I scored a goal in soccer when I had supposedly been told not to. The guy pushed me and grabbed by shirt and tried throwing me around trying to provoke me but it wasnt til the next day that I realized thats what he was trying to do. ahh ignorance
The next I was playing basketball and ended up running this guy over when he jumped in front of me. He was just swinging away at me but I just kept kicking his shins saying stay away and dodging his punches til he said I was too pathetic to fight and tried to walk away without grimacing about his legs.
The next was when someone said something so stupid that I laughed and the next thing I knew I had caught a fist in my hand. I didnt even see it. I just felt my hand raise up and boom there it was. The guy got wide eyed and ran for the door. I would have felt bad ass had I not been shaking that there was just a fist two inches from my face. I have a feeling if I actually tried to fight I would lose to most people but my quick reflexes have saved me thus far.

Bones

Bones

fights are stupid, violent and over rated, last guy that challenged me to a fight got two things. a throat strike and then a straight kick to the gut bowling him over. thats it, I walked away after that.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I know exactly the kind of person Morphine is talking about: Quick to anger, full of ego...every little thing sets them off because they don't want to look bad in front of their friends. I grew up in a little hick town, where the only things to do were the "three F's" You know: Fight, Fuck, or get Fucked up. So, I know the type very well. They'll fight over so little provocation, which is silly, because there's so little actually worth fighting for in a typical person's day-to-day life.

So, I was involved in plenty of fights--I just don't like to do it. I tried to explain the concept to my students a while back. They're all in the 17-20 range, so all of the boys have that puberty hormone-driven machismo bullshit going on. We were out practicing, and one of the kids pointed to some guy at the pool across the street and said "what would you do if that big black dude came over and started messing with you?" They just couldn't grasp the concept that I couldn't care less, and that somehow, someone calling me names wouldn't require me to put my hands on them--that I had nothing to prove to that person, and couldn't care less if they thought I was a pussy or whatever.

That said, I'm awfully good at fighting. The only time I've ever really lost a fight was when I was in elementary school. And while I've been in lots of confrontations, I can only think of three where I felt like I did my training honor and used it wisely. Once, a homeless guy pulled a pocket knife on me when I was working at a convenience store, and I disarmed him. Once a kid I knew (in my little hick town) named Robbie pulled a little .22 out of his pocket and was threatening people with it at a party, and i disarmed him. Neither of those were really fights, though. And once, me and a kid named Billy Vance beat the royal fuck out of a guy when we saw him punch his pregnant girlfriend/wife in the stomach in a mall parking lot. That one, I'm pretty proud of.

I haven't really been in any kind of 'fight' since my 20's, though...it's easier to tell the blustery person "yeah, you're right. I'm a pussy and you're a bad ass. Have a nice day" and be on my way.

Biardo

I've never been in an actual fight, but once when I was drunk I stepped on some guys toes and took a swing at me, he just graced my face and fell flat on the ground. Needless to say I couldn't stop laughing and being drunk like I said I didn't notice he was already back up and took his next swing on my nose which bled for a bit after that. The guy was thrown out. I like to think that if I wouldn't had been drunk I would have walked away altogether.

Chibibar

I have gotten into a couple of fights and dogpile (i.e. tons of people fighting in the middle of the field) I can hold my own one on one, but anything more than that now-a-day probably poor since I am out of shape now.

Element 117

I like ending fights...Whether I'm involved or not...
says the murder happy sniper gamer.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

says the murder happy sniper gamer.
Which is hilarious, because I imagine Shego has 'ended' fewer fights than anyone in this thread who's posted about fighting ;)

Element 117

Well, that's Morphine's natural effect, she gets all the alpha males riled up and frothy in a aggressive mating display. I bet the other woman was actually crushing on her, kindergarten style.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Well, that's Morphine's natural effect, she gets all the alpha males riled up and frothy in a aggressive mating display. I bet the other woman was actually crushing on her, kindergarten style.
Well, you can't really blame them. She's such a cutie

Chazwozel

WTF?!??!!? You're fucking video taping me now? I'm flattered, but Sheg's what will your girlfriends think?

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I've been in a couple brawls here and there in high school. I used to box a bit, and playing hockey has gotten some fights out too. Tin's right though, overall, it's not worth it.

Element 117

if anything ever needed a laser photoshop...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

WTF?!??!!? You're fucking video taping me now? I'm flattered, but Sheg's what will your girlfriends think?
I have video cameras placed in most Forumites homes..... including their backyards....

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Sadly my fighting skills are basically crap. I suppose better than the average person but it only amounts to a few years of random kung fu and ninjustsu. I'm in extremely good shape so that might give me a leg up but honestly I try to avoid fights at all cost. I'm an excellent runner, jumper and climber... and I could probably escape from most people looking for a fight. If I was with my fiance and baby son that's a different matter altogether... and I'd do whatever it takes to save them.

Gusto

Gusto

I was the short skinny kid in grade school that average dudes looking to make a name for themselves thought they could push around. This happened 3-4 times, all with different people. And they were wrong. I ended up with a reputation as the scrappy skinny kid.

My favourite grade school brawl was in 8th grade, when a kid moved to our school, and had the prison mentality of "I'm new, so I'd better fight EVERYBODY to make a name for myself". It was another famous example of a body of people rejecting a foreign element that is trying to cause it harm. People who had no business EVER hanging out together taking the same side in fist fights. Nerds, stoner, athletes, everything.

It all came to a head when the kid, in desperation, took a swing at one of the girls and was promptly tackled by like 7 guys, myself included.

Dave

Dave

[/COLOR]I've been in a couple brawls here and there in high school. I used to box a bit, and playing hockey has gotten some fights out too. Tin's right though, overall, it's not worth it.

Holy crap! That IS Mr. Miagi!

Philosopher B.

I have never been in a fight. I am not keen to have the experience.

Calleja

Calleja

I've had my ass kicked twice. Pretty badly. Once without even knowing why, just a random short dude popping the tall guy that was "talking to too much girls". They were my friends! We had arrived together! Didn't even see it coming, sat me on my ass, broke my lip and got my nose bleeding pretty bad. Then he realized I was also with 4 other big guys.

He literally ran away before I even realized what had happened. My cousin chased him all the way to the parking lot, in time to see him speed off in his jetta. Weird night.

The other time was cause I was a moron... walking home from school I saw a couple that was screaming pretty loudly... and then the guy.. one of those gym rats that wear tight tight shirts and have biceps on their biceps.. slapped the girl. I don't even remember crossing the street, I was on him before I realized what had happened. He kicked my ass pretty easily. Kicked me on the ground and everything. Fun times.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

I got punched in the face once, because I called a douchebag that almost ran me over an asshole. He was 18ish, I was 10. Didn't feel a thing, but I imagine he felt like the king of the world.

That's the only time I was ever 'in a fight'.

Cajungal

Cajungal

An eighteen year old punched you when you were 10?! That's monstrous. :(

Dave

Dave

He deserved it! Playing in the street and shit. I showed him, though!

Gusto

Gusto

He deserved it! Playing in the street and shit. I showed him, though!
*dons sunglasses, blasts hair metal, screeches tires, zooms off into sunset*

Element 117

[/COLOR]I've been in a couple brawls here and there in high school. I used to box a bit, and playing hockey has gotten some fights out too. Tin's right though, overall, it's not worth it.

Holy crap! That IS Mr. Miagi![/QUOTE]

He looks terrified, and she looks hungry.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

there are two times in wich I remember being "in fights". I was never one of the "main" fighters though, and what I mostly did was hold the guy that was attacking by hugging them tightly. I'm big, and heavy, and my hugs are very... "absorbing".

The first time, some kind wanted to fight one of my best friends (wich is something pretty stupid to do, he is one of the strongest people I know). The rest of kinds at school started yelling "fight! fight!" and soon most kids were forming a circle around this guy and my friend. He punched my friend, my friend punched back and, as he is pretty strong, the guy took some steps backwards. In that moment, I hugged him from behind and raised him from the ground. I kept him there, screaming and trying to kick me, withy my friend mocking him, until all the kids started to laugh at him. He was so humiliated he decided to leave when I left him back on the ground. (it also helped that the rest of my group of friends was there to back my friend up... and even if we were the "weird/nerd" group, we were seven and he was just one.

The second time was just a few weeks ago. I was with some friends on the street, pretty late. We suddenly hear a soft crash. A car, driven by two preppy girls, had touched a motorcicle with a guy and his girlfriend on it. The motorcicle had fallen on the ground, and the girl felt pain on her leg.
As some of my friends went to help the girl, the boyfriend, a drunk and probably drugged idiot, started kicking and punching at the stopped car, telling the two girls he'd kill them. Some of us went to stop him, and we tried to stop him from opening the car door. He was pretty muscular and tall, and it looked like he could break those little girls with not much effort.
I hugged him from behind, and managed to have him stop after several tries. My back and arms hurt for some days, but I felt strong for the first time in years.

And that's most of my fighting life. Thank god, because I'm in such a bad shape everybody and their dog could probably beat me. But, luckly, I'm an easy-going, easily liked person and in fight scenarios I'm usually "the voice of reason", telling people to calm down.

General Specific

General Specific

One of my friends tells a story from back in his Navy days. Apparently he and a few of his friends from the boat had some shore leave. They all piled into a sedan and went on a bit of a road trip. Along the way, they aparently cut-off a couple rednecks who proceed to follow them down the highway, tail-gating, honking the horn, etc. Well, my friend pulls off the road and stops at a bar that was near the exit. The rednecks had followed them off the highway and jumped out of their truck yelling at the guys like they wanted to fight. Well, all SEVEN of them, still in their navy unis, get out of the sedan and the rednecks stop, go wide-eyed and instantly start saying, "We just want to buy you guys a beer!"

Jay

Jay

Been in quite a few actually. Some directly involving me, some simply having me jumping in. I won some, I lost some. It didn't really matter as long as I got a few licks in.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think the real question here is: Were you relaxing all cool, shooting some b-ball outside of the school?

Which is hilarious, because I imagine Shego has 'ended' fewer fights than anyone in this thread who's posted about fighting ;)
Cute. You of all people should know the area I grew up in and the kind of life that tends to follow people around here. *shrug* I was actually being serious. Main reason I attended 5 high schools before graduating.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I think the real question here is: Were you relaxing all cool, shooting some b-ball outside of the school?

Cute. You of all people should know the area I grew up in and the kind of life that tends to follow people around here. *shrug* I was actually being serious. Main reason I attended 5 high schools before graduating.

Ah well, I'm more than capable of being wrong. I was basing my assessment on past characterizations of yourself as being fairly quiet and unassuming in your 'public' life, saving your 'real' persona for online. The post I'm thinking of happened a couple of message boards ago, though, so I could totally be wrong about that too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Despite my nature, I haven't been in a fight since High School. But I don't usually walk anywhere farther than from building to car. I must admit I'm nowhere near as fit as I was back then, either. I would not be surprised were it in the realm of feasibility for most of the people on this forum to absolutely kick the ever-living shit out of me if they were so inclined. The odd thing is, I don't care. I don't have any kind of hangups about honor or manliness that come out of brawling. While I have a firearm to protect my home, I don't carry it with me. But I don't go to areas where I might get attacked either, no late night strolls or anything like that. Of course, I'm no pacifist, and if attacked I will definitely attempt to give as good as I get (and I'm not above biting and eye gouging)... but generally it's never been an issue.

Had I been in your situation, where some guy I bumped into accidentally got belligerent, I'd have started calling the cops on my cell phone, and once I had, I would have spoken into it loud enough for him to hear, "Hello, police? There's a man here at the corner of 3rd and Main who is threatening me with bodily harm. Caucasian male, about five foot, black hair..." etc.

Maybe some of you think that makes me a pussy, I say it makes me civilized enough not to get into a street brawl over a stupid reason.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I can pretty much ditto GB's post.

Don't want to fight...ever. I will defend myself or my loved ones with every ounce of my being though. I WILL put fingers in eyes, punch throats, bite off anything I can get in my mouth, etc. I imagine if I absolutely have to be in a fight, it will likely be for my life. I just can't see any situation where I would need to fight other than for self-defense.

I am also kind of a big guy (6'2", 190lbs), and folks tend to not mouth off to me. Even if they do, I just ignore them.

Shakey

Shakey

I've only really been a part of one fight, and I didn't even get to fight. When I was in college we had a house party, and about 4am or so we started kicking people out. A couple guys got mad about having to leave, and broke one of our windows. There were about ten of us, and when we went out to confront them one of the guys hit my roommates brother and broke his nose. All hell broke loose. Everyone was already on these guys since we outnumbered them by 3 to 1, so I went in and called the cops.

Everyone was underage, and the house was trashed with an empty keg in the sink and bottles everywhere. Cops didn't care though. I even went to the police station smashed to give a statement. I'm still not sure how I ended up not getting an underage consumption ticket that night. The other guys ended up having to pay for our window, and the medical bills for the guy with a broken nose.

Element 117

Shakey's avatar looks like it can kick all our asses.

Shakey

Shakey

He may look scary, but all he really wants to do is dance.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I can't remember ever being in a fight outside of maybe one with my brother when we were kids. I've been told I look intimidating (or I did when my hair was longer and I had my beard) by people, so maybe that's why. I don't have any want to get into a fight, though, so that's fine by me.

phil

phil

I'm too lovable to fight. I think beating me up would be like beating up a guy with no arms, legs or teeth. There's just no point to it, and you'd have to be an asshole on the same level as 80's comedy villains to even want to.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

No fights, just confrontations with the males of the same kind as the girl in Morphine's post. Bullies in elementary, though honestly had I not been so uptight and sensitive, we would've been friends earlier. The real shitheads were in high school; one got kicked out of school, the other got in trouble for harassing me.

I don't think I'd do well in a fight, though I'm in good shape and have good energy.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ah well, I'm more than capable of being wrong. I was basing my assessment on past characterizations of yourself as being fairly quiet and unassuming in your 'public' life, saving your 'real' persona for online. The post I'm thinking of happened a couple of message boards ago, though, so I could totally be wrong about that too.
I can see where the confusion comes in. I'm talking about my teen to a few years ago.

Recently? I wouldn't sully my hands with the majority of the work... just the finish.... >:D

RealBigNuke

I haven't been in a fight since middle school. In terms of stature, I'm only about 130lbs after a big meal and I couldn't knock out a stoat if I really wanted to. The good news is that I am fast as hell, well balanced, unpinnable, and I tend to carry dirty tricks with me unless I'm going somewhere like a stadium or an airport where they scan for that stuff.

I've been in a couple hairy situations, but they were resolved by either running the hell away, talking them down, or calling for help.

Outside of the playground, fighting is something you do when there's no other alternative, and if it gets to that point, the fight should be as fast and unfair as you can possibly arrange it to be. I hope I never get there, myself.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I fought a lot through high school, had one 'fight' in college, and had to intimidate my way out of several fights in college. Then 15 years later I've nearly gotten into two scrapes in just the last 3 years. If it was not for my current job, I would have likely pushed those two fights instead of letting the situations cool down.

I've broken up several fights as a teacher. When you are the only male teacher on the floor, you tend to get treated like a bouncer.

Calleja

Calleja

...what kind of dirty tricks? :paranoid:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Kicks to the groin or knees, boxing ears, head butting (my favorite - size 8 hat), hyper-extending elbows, and upward thrust of palm to nose if the situation turns to life or death.

RealBigNuke

I didn't say dirty tricks. I said... uh... nerdy chicks. I bring nerdy chicks everywhere I go. No one wants to fight a girl in glasses. Everything sixpackshaker mentioned is also entirely appropriate.

Philosopher B.

Do the nerdy chicks have dirty tricks?

drifter

drifter

Piotyr

Piotyr

I put a kid's head through a window in middle school, and beaned a kid in the head with a sharp block of ice from about 50 feet away. Regular fights, though? Not too much.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

He may look scary, but all he really wants to do is dance.
He also knows what gold does to men's souls. ^_^

Last time I got into a fight was when I was 12. A big 9th grader picked a fight with me and kicked my ass. One of my friends (another 12-year-old 7th grader) ran off and told my teacher. The guy got into some serious trouble and was even held back a year. Today, the only combat style I know is fencing but I can probably hold my own. I'm in decent shape and pretty big (5'11" 205 pounds) so people don't mess with me. Plus I'm usually affable to everybody and have tons of friends; I'm the big guy, gotta love me.

Element 117

I used to get into fights all the time.

Tell you what though. Everyone respected the quarter line on the cabinets. No one ever cut.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

My fighting skills? Hmmmm, I'd rather not go into too much detail, I'd probably just have the "internet tough guy: thang thrown at me. Some of my experiences get pretty intense that they would seem absurd.

And Morphine, even though you may not view yourself as brave or tough, you handled the situation pretty well, at least well enough that you didn't have a mouth full of granite. :p

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I don't think I've been in a fight my entire life and now that I'm older (28 on Wednesday, woo) I have my CHL and carry my .40 everywhere I go because I'd rather have it with me then to guess right that I won't get robbed that day.

General Specific

General Specific

I used to get into fights all the time.

Tell you what though. Everyone respected the quarter line on the cabinets. No one ever cut.
WTF? Balrog?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah, he was Balrog in the Japanese version, Balrog was M. Bison, and M. Bison was Vega.

Calleja

Calleja

Did they ever explain those changes? Is Balrog a bad word to call an androgynous fighter with claws and mask in some states or something?

Troll

Troll

Did they ever explain those changes? Is Balrog a bad word to call an androgynous fighter with claws and mask in some states or something?
M. Bison was a play on Mike Tyson. Capcom was fine with this except for the US release, where they (probably correctly) worried they would be sued. Having the image of a boxer who looks like Mike Tyson with the name M. Bison would have been too much. So they rotated the villain's names.

Calleja

Calleja

Why not just swap Balrog and Bison, then?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

FAQ
In the original Japanese Street Fighter games the boxer is called "M. Bison", the cage fighter from Spain is "Balrog" and the boss is "Vega". M. Bison is a copy of heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson. His full name is Mike Bison.
Capcom USA didn't want to get sued so they changed the names in the US versions (and European versions). M. Bison became Balrog, Balrog became Vega and Vega became M. Bison so the name "M. Bison" couldn't be associated to Mike Tyson.

General Specific

General Specific

Yeah, he was Balrog in the Japanese version, Balrog was M. Bison, and M. Bison was Vega.
Ah, I did not know that (obviously)

Element 117

Calleja

Calleja

I wonder how relevant Chun Li was to my becoming a leg man.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

General Specific

General Specific

what the fucking fuck?

Anyway, I'm more of a breast man.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Are we telling fight stories now?

I was a nerd through all of school (shocking, I know) but I was also always pretty tall and big, so people mostly left me alone, until my last year of middle school. That's when I met my first real bully.

There were two of them, one was a skinny little shithead that was my age, the other was his older brother, and together they terrorized all they could. They road my bus, and made my life hell.

I owe a lot to my dad, that shady motherfucker. Where most would teach their kid to stand up to the bully, or tell an adult, or try to solve it peacefully, he taught me how to fight dirty. He even showed me how to conceal a lead pipe in my backpack, inside a flap I think was meant to hold camping equipment.

So about a month later, when those two guys followed me off the bus saying they were going to beat my ass, they got a surprise. The big one went down with a pipe to the groin, and the little one caught the pipe across his face, giving him a big gash that would need stitches, and a hell of a black eye. A few more hits and they both looked like they had been trashed. They never bothered me again, and I walked away uninjured, except for a sprained wrist from swinging the pipe too hard.

I wasn't proud of that little event, but it did keep those two from messing with me or my friends

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Element 117

No, we are posting awesome retro fighting images. (Except for Allen, Who Is Yucky.)

Unless your fight story is a blatant fake. Then it's ok.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Am I doing it right?

Element 117

Also, Raven, thanks for letting me know to shoot you on sight if I ever see you, so as to avoid a secretPipeAttack

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey, I'd rather a secret pipe attack than a spinning bird kick.

General Specific

General Specific

Element 117

that last fighter needs to upgrade to pro today

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

He's posting from his Droid, home-slice.