So I was minding my own business, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
walking on the sidewalk, talking on the phone very excited because my friend Thomas from Costa Mesa is coming in a few weeks and, well, he's really cool and I miss my friends from over there AND this probably means I'll get laid so yes, we can say my excitement was fairly obvious.

I passed through a group of 2 guys and 2 girls without really paying any attention to them but, apparently my arm made some sort of contact with one of the girls' shoulder in a way that she interpreted as me hitting her intentionally and started yelling at me, at first I didn't even realized she was yelling at me, I was completely caught up in my conversation, until she grabbed my arm and pulled me, I snapped out of it and just said "I'll call you back" and hung up. I was more confused than angry or anything, it was all very sudden, I turned around, looked down and saw her.

I'm about 5'6 tall, not the tallest person but for mexican standards I'm considered tall... she was like 5 ft tall, her head barely reached the level of my shoulders, I thought that was kind of funny. She started yelling and cursing and called me all sorts of nasty things you can imagine. At that point I didn't know if I was mad or amused or what, everything was just weird and ridiculous.

I asked her what her problem was and she told me not to play dumb, she said I hit her on purpose and now I was going to see "who I had messed with"; she wanted to beat my ass... I laughed and she didn't take it very well. She started walking towards me and one of her male friends grabbed her by the wrist and told her to quit it but oh boy, was she determined to beat the crap out of me.

I have to say it was a little scary because my fighting skills are worthless shit, I'm very peaceful and I find physical violence quite disgusting, but it was also hilarious, these ghetto girls can get so pissed with so little and turn into ravishing little creatures with horrendous makeup and greasy hair.

I told her I was in a hurry and had no time for her stupidity, she screamed even louder and tried to get off the guy's grip with no luck.

As I was starting to walk away I said "sorry hun, if you liked me so much you shoulda just said it ;)" winked, smiled at her and turned around just to hear her yell more vulgarities, threats and nonsense until I just couldn't hear her anymore.

These kind of things never happen to me, I laughed a lot about it and then realized I had been quite lucky that this fine lady's friends weren't very supportive of her... she would've probably made me eat dirt.

How are your fighting skills, my fellow forumites? Are you all about ass kicking or do you prefer avoiding it? How do you handle things like bar fights and stuff?

Believe it or not, despite various levels of combat training from both the Corps and the Department, I've not been in a fight.

Suspects don't fight me, which is something of a disappointment. They'll fight my partners, and get hurt for it, but noone's tried me. Yet.

In high school I saw my girlfriend off to the bus. When I walked away, this other girl stopped me and asked "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Yes."
"But she's so ugly!"
To which I replied, "Well, you're no prize yourself." And continued walking away, leaving her behind furiously screaming at me. :)

In high school I saw my girlfriend off to the bus. When I walked away, this other girl stopped me and asked "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Yes."
"But she's so ugly!"
To which I replied, "Well, you're no prize yourself." And continued walking away, leaving her behind furiously screaming at me. :)
That's just freakin' surreal...

Damn. She must be a total tit if her friends weren't even willing to back her up.

As for my fighting skills, I couldn't kick my own ass.

Damn. She must be a total tit if her friends weren't even willing to back her up.

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic "THIS IS 'MERICA!" piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.[/QUOTE]

It's always about image, isn't it? Any chance they can get to play themselves up, and make themselves appear tougher. Freakin' egos...

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.
This is amusing to me. I delight in blow-hards being taken down a peg.

Cajungal

Staff member
I've never ever had to fight. I have no idea how I'd even go about it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

And that's really weird, Morphine. Glad you didn't have to really fight her. What a ridiculous person.

C

crono1224

Well of course they weren't going to back her up, it was obvious I didn't "hit" her and if we had any contact it was not on purpose, I guess if I had really hit her her friends would've probably given me shit about it too.[/QUOTE]

It's always about image, isn't it? Any chance they can get to play themselves up, and make themselves appear tougher. Freakin' egos...

Apparently, this girl had been harassing my girlfriend and one of her friends during her lunch break for being German exchange students. Basically just a little xenophobic piece of shit freshman. She was eventually suspended for it I think.
This is amusing to me. I delight in blow-hards being taken down a peg.[/QUOTE]

Sadly she was probably elected to office in Arizona.

I never really been in an fight fight, little scuffles that never amount to much. But I could probably handle myself against someone about the same size as me.

I've never been in an actual fight, but I'm sure if I were to get in one I'd be able to hold my own until I get a chance to break off and run.

Cajungal

Staff member
When my brother was 13 or 14, he got in a fight with 3 high school kids who were picking on one of his friends. After he warned them to leave the kid alone, they attacked him, and he kicked their asses. It was the one time I wished I had taken a martial art too. My brother is very peaceful and gentle, but if he can't stand bullies and has enjoyed putting many in their place.

I love my brother.

I've never ever had to fight. I have no idea how I'd even go about it.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

And that's really weird, Morphine. Glad you didn't have to really fight her. What a ridiculous person.
Yeah, when I was 14-15 I knew a lot of girls like this, a very sudden change in my life made me have to change schools and I ended up in a public school for women in a not very nice neighborhood and although for one part I feel like it was the best thing that could've ever happened to me, I got to see a lot of awful things like that, girls with zero respect for themselves or anyone else, picking up fights everywhere for the stupidest reasons and I was always the one trying to be the voice of reason but it didn't always work. I'm quite glad I have always been a peaceful and somewhat centered person, back in those days I had to carry a small gun all the time (long story) and I can't imagine what could've happened with my life had I been more like those girls, more stupid and immature.

Cajungal

Staff member
Jesus. O.O That must have been kinda scary. Were you able to pretty much avoid fighting back then too?

Jesus. O.O That must have been kinda scary. Were you able to pretty much avoid fighting back then too?
Well I have always been the easy going kind of person that just gets along with everybody so normally girls didn't felt like they wanted to fight me.
Also in the beginning I started to see how those things worked and realized that I could be an easy target for anyone so I decided to befriend all the scariest girls in school so that 1.- They liked me and didn't want to beat my ass and 2.- If anyone else ever wanted to beat my ass they would have my back :p
It worked.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I think I could hold my own if I ever got into a fight. I've never been in a fight though. I inherited this look of death from my grandfather when I'm really pissed. You know, that one that nearly stops your heart when you see it because you know you're in deep shit? Yeah. My grandfather even told my mom that I scared him when I get that look. People don't usually mess with me.

M

Matt²

sounds like she had a short temper.

....oooh, that was bad, wasn't it?

I learned all my fighting skills from video games, so I'd imagine I'm completely awesome. Like, Mortal Kombat level awesome.

I haven't gotten into any physical confrontations since high school, though the ones I did get into back then were generally over very quickly, like within one or two moves. Usually I was the one standing at the end, which is really weird now that I think about it, because my opponents were always bigger than me (I'm puny even by Asian standards). I guess they underestimate me, or something.

E

Element 117

Believe it or not, despite various levels of combat training from both the Corps and the Department, I've not been in a fight.

Suspects don't fight me, which is something of a disappointment. They'll fight my partners, and get hurt for it, but noone's tried me. Yet.
Bucket list new item

Bucket list new item[/QUOTE]

*cocks eyebrow*[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a stiff condition to deal with.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how often I have people offer to help me with it, which does take some of the strain off. Otherwise, I have to take care of it myself.

E

Element 117

Well so long as you're firm about it. I guess. I just hope you don't have bushy eyebrows too.

Back on topic:

Morphine just has that perfectly sweet personality that makes ugly girls just want to break every bone in her body for. Women are weird. That's why tasers were invented. Or just carry Calleja around, and let him fight all your battles.

I've also never been in an actual fight. 6'4" ~270 lbs., people don't really seem to mess with me. Though I'm sure if I were to be in a fight, I'd be dropped like a sack of potatoes fairly quickly.

180ish cm and bout 62 kg (6 foot and under 140 pounds) with 11 years karate, competing at national level competitons. Pretty sure I could hold my own in a fight. Never had a chance to try though. Almost did last weekend, At a club, walked past some random guy who turned around, pushed my shoulder and tried to hit me with a left hook. Duck under ready to pop a jab to the jaw when I saw my bouncer buddies coming from the front door. Quick sidestep out of the way to the bar I had a new drink while he got "accidently" hit by every door frame on the way out. I found it amusing.

I'm a big guy 195cm and 110kg, i ve trained in jiu jitsu and some kickboxing. i've been in a few fights in my life. Only once did I not stop myself and beat the shit of someone, the other times i did not want to hurt them.

i can hold my own but i'd rather neutralize the other guy and mock him than beating him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.