Shegokigo.... gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the issue is simple:

I have a job I can't stand and work with people I loathe. The only saving grace is that I can surf all day and spend time on Halforum.

I could get another job, in the same field, make the same, have a chance at better co-workers/supervisors, but very likely not have internet freedom.

So if I get fired *shrug* I lose the internet either way, but my income isn't affected at all.

A

Andromache

you would be missed.

of course, if I can have your street address in GPS coords....

L

Laurelai

At our place, our internet is VERY restricted because there is always some numbskull who cannot do without pr0n for 24 hours. At least we are permitted to bring in our laptops. At my station we don't have wifi, but it does leak in from the municipal system.....of course there is only one side of one small room that get internet access. We jokingly call that our internet cafe.It gets a little crowdy with 2 people on the work PCs doing patient care reports, and three of us crammed in there surfing.

S

SeraRelm

If somewhere near either of my jobs had wireless, I'd hop in and bug you people with my DSi...

I hear ya. It's not the same without Halforums. One of my jobs has completely taken away the internet from us, so not even a Proxy can help there. The other job was blocking web sites left and right for quite some time. Halforum.com was one of those to get the block, but I managed to circumvent it when they forgot to block httpS://www.ninjacloak.com from their list of Proxy sites.
But due to the name change of the site I've been able to log on with no trouble. I think that whoever does the web blocking took a long, extended vacation or something.

Either way I always have my trusty blackberry for emergency net invading should I ever need my fix.

Interesting development:

I came into today, tried accessing without a proxy and "poof" here I am, safe and sound with no block.... wonder what happened.... :twisted:

Interesting development:

I came into today, tried accessing without a proxy and "poof" here I am, safe and sound with no block.... wonder what happened.... :twisted:
*imagines Shego typing this post, then getting annoyed at all the bloody fingerprints she's leaving on the keyboard*

....Naaaaah. ;)

Shannow

Staff member
The site did go down for a little bit yesterday. Did you get an actual message saying it was blocked?
It was outright "blocked" due to being for "games".

Shannow:
The only thing not delivering, is your ability to imagehost. :slywink:[/quote]

Huh, seems to be working fine. unless someone went in and fixed it without me.

Edit, i see, loks like it tried to do a double (the little red x), corrected. Was only supposed to be one there.

Also, thread still does not deliver.

The web guy at your job was like "Oh my gawd. I'd go @#$%ing nuts if I didn't have something else to do. I don't want to make that cute girl in cubicle six kill herself"

figmentPez

Staff member
The web guy at your job was like "Oh my gawd. I'd go @#$%ing nuts if I didn't have something else to do. I don't want to make that cute girl in cubicle six kill herself"
Nah, it's that girl who Shego was flirting with. She tried to get Shego to quit so they could be together.

Speaking of which, she flat out asked me out today. Wants to go out with me and two other people from work on Friday night.

Now I know how this is going to go: We get there, drink all night, other two take off and we're left alone and she has an alibi (inebriated) to come out to me.

How do I know? It's the exact ploy I used everytime I wanted to "test" if someone would swing that way.

Speaking of which, she flat out asked me out today. Wants to go out with me and two other people from work on Friday night.

Now I know how this is going to go: We get there, drink all night, other two take off and we're left alone and she has an alibi (inebriated) to come out to me.

How do I know? It's the exact ploy I used everytime I wanted to "test" if someone would swing that way.
Whatcha gon' do?

Honestly... I can't wait for Society to start treating Gays/Lesbians like actual human beings. This bullshit with asking people if they want to "trade shoes"? The need to create codewords or alibis? Utterly ridiculous.

I have to admit, I have left a job once when all outside surfing was blocked. They blocked everything, I inquired why, didn't like the answer, went home, posting on some apps and by the next week, I started a new job, without even giving my 2 week notice.

If they can't have the decency to treat people like adults, I won't have any of that. If I decide to peruse normal websites during my downtime and they feel that if 1-2 people exaggerate and the entire workforce needs to suffer... fuck that.

D

Dusty668

My company seems cool with it, as long as work gets done, no pron scares the big wigs, heck they don't even mind I constantly have a text pad with a book in it open on my desktop all the time.

The guy in the next cube, constant keyboard chattering from IM, facebook, tweet, etc.

R

Rubicon

I have to not read the forums at work too.

Not cause its blocked but just the content.

I turned on the in-forum profanity filter, it only catches so many words. I installed an add-on into firefox @ work to block profanity, it as well only catches so many words (every time I add a new spelling of "fuck" I end up reading a thread where someone has spelt it an entirely new way that gets around the filter). etc.

I miss reading the forums most of the day but damn, even General is for the most part NSFW in terms of discussion material in the words people choose to reply with (not to mention images which I'd have to blanket filter all of them off to help keep out some .jpg that has some profanity on it)

*sigh*

fade

Staff member
I'd say "Yeah!" to the "treat people like adults" thing above, except I think "1-2 people who exaggerate" is a gross underestimation. There have been studies that show your average corporate slob works 1.5 hours a day. Which probably explains why I used to get to listen to them on the commuter rail in Boston crying about 75 hour work weeks. Maybe if you focused during the normal 40...

There have been studies that show your average corporate slob works 1.5 hours a day. Which probably explains why I used to get to listen to them on the commuter rail in Boston crying about 75 hour work weeks. Maybe if you focused during the normal 40...
Hah, o know a guy who works at Honda and he says that only about 3 hours a day he's actually doing work, same for most people working there... and he never had to work overtime because of it... frankly i think tehnology overtook the whole 8 hours thing for most jobs (especially those that involve paperwork that only requires modifying certain data), and we just haven't caught up yet.

Fade, I haven't been posting much for the same reason you stated earlier in the thread. I was on here nearly all day.

I even deleted my bookmark for a while. It's tough to break the HF-hold.

I haven't been around much... I've still monitored in case of mod stuff but my weekdays are so freaking busy right now... but I did notice she hasn't been around. Wonder whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.