Septtober Contest! - Spooky Twitter Returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Since I was broker than shit and didn't get together a September contest, I'm starting the October contest early. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

The 2nd Annual Spooky Twitter Contest!!

Rules:

1. All entries must be 140 characters or less, including punctuation and spaces.
  2. Multiple entries are allowed and can be in multiple posts or in one great big one.
  3. Entries over 140 characters will be disqualified and dropped from judging without notification to the author.
  4. All entries must be in English.
  5. Entries should be made in this thread and this thread alone.
  6. Any posts in this thread which do NOT contain an entry will be removed! If you want to comment, please create a separate thread for that. These are hard enough to keep track of.
  7. Rules may change at the discretion of me. It's my contest, I'm giving the prizes out of my own pocket. I can do this. Probably won't, but if I do for any reason this covers my ass.
The prize?

Issues #1 - 10 of the trade paperbacks of Robert Kirkman's "The Walking Dead". These trade paperbacks contain issues #1 - 60 of the popular Image comic series. Total prize package worth about $141.

I'll go first, sure.

I'm trapped beneath a once-wall, coughing concrete dust. I hid my deeds too well. My final victim's gray eye dangles, watching as I starve.

From my chair, I hear the back and forth of her rocker upstairs. Her cat looks up from my lap but stays. It's better we miss her together.

Sated, I tore open the wrapping of my fortune cookie. Beetles and flies writhed from the broken ends. "You will be the benefactor of many."

The world spins as he closes in. There is nowhere else to climb. I fly free or endure his twisted plans. He'll get no satisfaction today.

His blade pierced my side and I shoved him back. We both scrambled for his gun. Do or die now. Blam! Nazi filth nearly got me that time.

*edited for grammar*

She screamed when I stuck her with the needle. Just think how mad she'll be when the eggs I injected reach the larval stage. Yikes.

This one is topical:

A masterpiece! Crafted over 9 years, Dave's revolutionary work was complete. He clicked SAVE one last time as flames flickered from his PC.

I hear a loud noise followed by a pain in my chest. The world starts to go dark all around me. I feel cold so very cold, silence quickly follows and then there is nothing.

The Plague has decimated the popularity of my class. The symptomed are banned. When I cough chairs screech in alarm. Blood stains my teeth.

fade

Staff member
He realized he never felt the tether snap as he saw his lone starfighter disappear into the distance.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I always wondered what my own leg tasted like, I thought as I sliced off another hunk and dropped it into the sizzling oil.

As I finally gave birth, the glistening fear on the doctor's face eased my worries. The rituals had worked; a new dawn rises.

Worse than the disease: the cure. Military jets sprayed antidote over the cities. I awakened, my organs trailing and chewing on gray matter.

fade

Staff member
Phew, only a nightmare, I thought. I opened my eyes just in time to see the hand-sized spider rappel silently onto my face.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

She wondered if you'd have time to register the sound of a guillotine blade. Unfortunately, she found out the answer.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

It's amazing how terrifying the corniest B-movie horror plot is when it's real, he thought as the ghost materialized between the leaf-bare trees. His bowels loosened.

The black, alien substance seeps under my fingernails. It bulges against my skin as I am deconstructed. I become hunter...devourer...hungry.

The wagon wheels spin in the mud, cold wind ripping away our souls. It feels like weeks since we've begun this eternal walk. No, centuries.

The sea swells as The Unnamed awakes, capsizing our boat. My chanting brothers fall to His tentacled maw leaving us to suffer at His whim.

fade

Staff member
She fell feet-first through the trap door. It seemed to take forever for the three foot long spikes to pierce her feet and through her thighs.

They scream as if from far away, trapped in his machine. He holds the pedal to the floor. Tonight he finishes a decade of living slow.

P

Philosopher B.

"WHOSE PENIS IS THAT?" exclaimed the man, sweating in alarm. "Just yours," said his penis. "Oh! That's all right," said the man. "WAITWHAT."

I explain that his shadow people are just part of the dark. He looks up. "Not when they look at you with their white white eyes and smile."

fade

Staff member
"Dearest Marie, I hope this letter finds you well. I will always love you. Unfortunately, my chute has failed to o..."

M

makare

the pain is too much for anyone. dont worry this medicine is good, the last you’ll ever need. close your eyes sleep well . goodbye mr clark

Breaking CNN News: A large magnitude earthquake has risen an island to the Pacific surface. Strange ruins are evident in aerial photos.
___

I now open one of my abyssal maws my children. Come listen as I sing the song that is forbidden.
___

Breaking BBC News: The Arecibo Array has picked up the first confirmed extraterrestrial signal. It is in English. Two word. "We Come"
___

Guys! I am in my apartment..in apartment...why wont the doors open? WHY WONT THEY OPEN! WHY WONT THEY OPEN!!!!!!!! WHO ARE YOU!??!
___

You look for me to the left. Then to the right. Then up. Then down. Then behind. I am not there. I am behind your eyes.
___

Also for anyone who doesn't actually use Twitter Cut & Paste Character count will let you type in the box and calculate how many characters you have used.

Get it off my chest. It hurts. Don't say there's nothing there. Get it off me. I can't breathe. Get it off me, please god, get it off!

My last meal, an Eggo this morning. Now I am 800 light years from home, shackled and caged. It is morning on Beta Prime. Breakfast time.

@ "Fear Hut" we saw the sign for. Not scary so far. Just a bunch of bodies. Looks real though. Stinks bad. Oh, & some dude with a knife. LOL

fade

Staff member
Zombies stopped attacking house. Not sure why. Wife dead, and awfully tasty. Wonder where I can get some more.

I grip my dented bat, afraid to sleep amongst the corpse piles in the gym. The faces of friends, teachers hungry for flesh haunt my visions.

Twenty growths, small to start, ballooned with pus. I become engulfed by this disease, breathing labored. You lied about your miracle cure.

I live in your car, your phone, your PC. I watch, tabulating weaknesses and strengths. You lend me control while you sleep. Soon it begins.

... trapped in this moment and I'll never get out. I'm trapped in this moment and I'll never get out. I'm trapped in this moment and...

fade

Staff member
"I do."

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I hate when I awake with a start, and nothing's there. Boy, I wish this was one of those times.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

I sleepily place my arm around my wife's breathing curves in the dark bed next to me. But...the toilet flushes and she walks out of the bathroom.

The live feed buffers then a girl drags her bloody legs across a concrete floor. With a sob I realize no ransom will save my daughter now.

fade

Staff member
Bah! A judgmental raven in your house isn't scary... Bah! A judgmental raven in your house isn't scary... Bah! A judgmental raven in your house isn't scary! Bah!...

"I wish dad was still alive." "If it makes you feel better," John said, eying the disturbed soil, "he may still have 10 minutes of breath."

L

LordRavage

I can feel the worms under my skin. I reach for a knife to dig them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.