Secret Santa - SEND YOUR GIFT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Woot! My package came in! Let's get some pictures rollin'...

Uploading...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty! Let's see who it's from...

Why, it's from Terrik! Terrik, you rascal, what did you get me??

Well golly, here's a letter! Let's see what it says!

Dowhatnow?

Well hey, that coin's pretty neat! Let's see what else he was talking about...

Terrik, are you.... are you trying to frame me?

Oh, wow. This woodworking is pretty bitchin'.

Oops! That's all the pics I have!

Hahaha, definitely one of the weirder presents I've ever gotten! But all very cool. The posters are interesting, the coin is neat, I'm totally hanging the woodworking up, and I'm sure the tote shall tote.

But if the FBI shows up at my door, I'm totally sending them after you. :|

(But fo' real though, thanks! Is there any kind of story behind all these things, like did you spend time in China or what?)

So thank you Terrik! Hearing my mom say "what the hell?" as I opened the box was a nice treat. :D

New page, etc etc.

RECEIVED:

[strike]Bubble181[/strike]
Bumble the Boy Wonder
[strike]Chronos[Ha-G][/strike]
[strike]Covar[/strike]
[strike]doomdragon6[/strike]
[strike]El Juski[/strike]
[strike]Espy[/strike]
Garbledina
Gusto
[strike]HowDroll[/strike]
hylian
[strike]KCWM[/strike]
[strike]LittleSin[/strike]
[strike]Mav[/strike]
[strike]North_Ranger[/strike]
[strike]Odie[/strike]
phil
[strike]Qonas[/strike]
Rob King
[strike]SeriousJay[/strike]
[strike]Shakey[/strike]
[strike]Snuffleupagus[/strike]
[strike]Sparhawk[/strike]
[strike]stienman[/strike]
Terrik
[strike]Twitch[/strike]
[strike]twitchmoss[/strike]

Holy crap that stuff is awesome.

I'm in Dallas right now, so I can't check my mail...but before I left I got a thing saying that I had a packaged at the UPS store.

I assume it is a trap of some kind.

Glad you liked them Doomdragon and unless my sarcasm detector has been fried (which is entirely possible), yes I did spend some time in China. In fact I'm living there now and bought all of those things here in Tianjin. I sent the package back home to Florida first and had someone send it to Alabama, which is why the package itself didnt have a Chinese address :)

I'm really glad you got it. I was getting nervous after the package hadn't gotten to the states after two weeks. Glad everything made it ok.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Glad you liked them Doomdragon and unless my sarcasm detector has been fried (which is entirely possible), yes I did spend some time in China. In fact I'm living there now and bought all of those things here in Tianjin. I sent the package back home to Florida first and had someone send it to Alabama, which is why the package itself didnt have a Chinese address :)

I'm really glad you got it. I was getting nervous after the package hadn't gotten to the states after two weeks. Glad everything made it ok.
Oh, okay, awesome! That makes them way even more awesome! :D

Thanks again!

So here's the story (all about how ... )

I leave for God's Country tomorrow (aka. my hometown) and I still haven't received a gift. That's not a problem, because it means that I'll have something exciting to come back to. But it also means that for the next week I won't be able to recieve it. I assume I'll get notification of some sort by the postal service or courrier or whatever, but I'm altogether worried about everything going wrong at once.

If you are my santa, and you get conformation that my order has 'arrived' in the next week, could you send me a PM or post here or something? I know it's supposed to be "Secret" Santa and not "Annouce it in an electronic form" Santa, but you know how it is :p

funny thing happened today! i get home, and theres a package for me!

What could this be i wonder?

after further tests, i deciphered the writing on the side! the translation helped.

Inside the box... i find... things! of a strange and peculiar nature!

yes! its ... some form of plant and a fuzzy thing wearinga santa hat :D theres a letter inside too! this explains some things. and cash moneys!

the fuzzy head spins! its got a wee motor inside :D

and the plant? its spanish moss:drum:

Nice one un-named person, who left their username off the letter! :peace:

SeriousJay comes home.... the FedEx package is waiting for him at his desk! (Warning : High-Def pics, FTW)

WUTS THIS, I ask. I approach cautiously... is this my Santa gift... or my Amazon books? My guess... SANTA CAME TO MAH HOUSE!

HELLS YEA! I quickly go into my pocket and take out my carving knife.

I empty the contents and rip it open like a virgin woman willing to be taken.

The first find!

This is so cool man! Is that a doddle of me? Either way, you got talent!

Next up!

FUCK YEA! WOLVERINE! How did you know he's like... my favorite superhero, BUB?

Next up!

Dude.... this is SO awesome! And the icing on the CAKE!

Yeah, this is totally rocking!!!!

My new office. :)

Thanks Bumble the Boy Wonder!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!

Glad you like it, Jay :D

The Joker shirt was one size too big... but it was the last one they had :confused: (I figured too big would be better than too small!)

I knew as soon as I found out you were my santee that I wanted to include that note :)

Merry Christmas, sir!

doomdragon6

Staff member
funny thing happened today! i get home, and theres a package for me!

the fuzzy head spins! its got a wee motor inside :D

and the plant? its spanish moss:drum:
Nice one un-named person, who left their username off the letter! :peace:
The head has moss on it! And when you turn the motor on, it twitches!

Get it?? TWITCH MOSS!

I mean..

Um..

That's probably what whoever your secret santa was thought.

I'm sure.

.... Hehe... Twitchmoss.

Glad you like it, Jay :D

The Joker shirt was one size too big... but it was the last one they had :confused: (I figured too big would be better than too small!)

I knew as soon as I found out you were my santee that I wanted to include that note :)

Merry Christmas, sir!
XL or XXL is perfectly fine. Those fit me well. Great gifts!!!!

R

Rubicon

that is one freakin awesome Joker tshirt, nice dude, nice

and the dragon woodwork was simply amazing, beautiful

now if covar would post pictures! lol.. not the best gift in the world but considering his enjoyment of what it relates to I figured he'd like it

Still waiting for my gift to come in. The anticipation is driving me insane (okay more insane if you want to get technical)

that is one freakin awesome Joker tshirt, nice dude, nice

and the dragon woodwork was simply amazing, beautiful

now if covar would post pictures! lol.. not the best gift in the world but considering his enjoyment of what it relates to I figured he'd like it
I want to take amusing pictures with it like everyone else is doing, but my mind immediately goes to a dirty place, and trust me those are pictures that will never see the light of day. So until my roommate gets back and can hold the camera for me, I leave you with a little teaser.

Well, UPS fucked me over. They said they would hold my package until the 29th and they did not, so it's being shipped back to the Amazon warehouse.

Oh well. I still need to ship out mine anyway which I can now because I am back home from my holidays. I'd like to apologize to my receiver for my tardiness. I hope to make it worth it!

Well, I got my gift on Christmas Eve. I'd love to post pictures but they were on my Nokia N97, which got stolen in Shanghai so they're gone, and so is my joy.

However, Thank you *very* much to my Secret Santa Bubble181 who kicks a lot of ass.

Here's what he got me:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Pact-Ga...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262057238&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.com/Horus-Heresy-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262057398&sr=1-1

I was literally walking out the door to the airport to go to Shanghai when I got the books. It was perfect. I read through the entire Gaunt's Ghost novel in less than a day. I read it in the airport, on the plane, and a few hours into the early morning when I arrived in Shanghai, and finished it after I woke up. I've been starving for some good reading material and its perfect. Going through the second one now. Cheers to you Bubble, perfect gift :)

O

Odie

Odie opened his gift and was very happy and hasnt stopped playing with it.

And my Einstein Action figure is now on my desk at work next to Darth Vader.

Thanks Secret Santa!

Dave

Staff member
I have to say that even though there were a few speed bumps this Secret Santa thing went really well.

CHECK IT TRUE BELIEVERS

For those who have better eyes than me, you might be able to see that this is a merchandise shipment from Achewood. :D SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

A Dude & Catastrophe shirt and two WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE stickers! Excellent!

Here they are with one of the D&C pintglasses I bought myself for my birthday back in July.

Thanks, Miss Droll. You are truly an honourary knucklehead. :D :heart:

K

Kitty Sinatra

I think someone's hacked into espy's account. He seems so much more - I don't know, mischievous? - recently.

No worries, Miss Droll. :)

It's kinda big on me but I've been bulking up a bit anyway so hopefully I can grow into it a bit.

Hopefully the stickers fit. ;)

Well, I got my gift on Christmas Eve.
Hurray! I'm glad it arrived just in time. Precision shipping, that :)

Cheers to you Bubble, perfect gift :)
Glad you like it :) It's slightly less imaginative/original than some of the other gifts here, but they were on your list so I figured you'd like them, and I didn't want to risk sending some of my more original ideas to China because of customs :-P
Cheers and happy reading :)

I found this on my bed when I got home on Saturday!

I opened it up and was stoked to find...

Comics! Oh, and whats this? A note!

A card, how thoughtful! Thanks SeriousJay!
He went through the effort of actually doing research on what I like! And found...

My favorite superhero, Gambit!

The best part about these comics, is that it appears he gave them from his own collection! Awesome!

Thanks again, Jay :D

What is crazy is that we sent eachother comic book stuff! That's awesome. I was thinking of a t-shirt myself but Gambit ones are rare are fuck, when I was perusing e-bay they were 30$ and only had mediums. I didn't want to risk it. :(

SO YOU GET COMICS FROM MAH COLLECTION!

and if you're ever in town, poutine is on meeees!

What is crazy is that we sent eachother comic book stuff! That's awesome. I was thinking of a t-shirt myself but Gambit ones are rare are fuck, when I was perusing e-bay they were 30$ and only had mediums. I didn't want to risk it. :(

SO YOU GET COMICS FROM MAH COLLECTION!

and if you're ever in town, poutine is on meeees!
Yeah man, I have yet to find a gambit shirt haha. These comics were awesome though! Loved em :D

Status
Not open for further replies.