Rating Suggestions

Personally, I have never liked the rating system being displayed on our usernames.

I don't post often, am mostly a lurker, so I never really got a lot of ratings in the first place. I noticed today that due to the server update all the ratings were reset, and now I got like three, and one is negative due to a disagreement in the political thread, and having my username marked with a 33% "negative" red bar feels like it's unfairly marking me for what is a general disagreement.

Can we not just have the ratings only visible as emotes when we like or disagree with someone, and not a "brand" so to speak, that we are stuck with for everyone to see? It really discourages me from being true to myself when I worry further disagreements will just further mark me into the red and present me as a "negative" poster on the forum.

But now how can i judge you without having to actually read what you said?
Clearly we need a ranking list of avatar types where those further down the list are judged as inferior to those above. Obviously LEGO figurine based avatars will be on the very top of the list...

Clearly we need a ranking list of avatar types where those further down the list are judged as inferior to those above. Obviously LEGO figurine based avatars will be on the very top of the list...
Sure, sure. But somehow including majestic raptors, a theme, and a childhood favorite movie would all have to count for something, too, I think.

GasBandit

Staff member
It WAS fixed, then the thing got borked and I had to reinstall it... gimme a sec to turn it off again.

Dave

Staff member
Oh shit never mind. Just saw what you meant. The ratings are back under our names. Yay! Be right back.

Dave

Staff member
In the future if you have to find this, it's under Appearance --> Style Properties --> [TH] Reactions. Uncheck the box that says "Enable total reactions received in postbit". You only have to do this at the top level and it'll set itself in the child styles as well.