Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Well done, good sir!

(and thus it begins...)

I go by what Chef Ramsay says, and I distinctly remember an episode of Hell's Kitchen where he was pretty adamant about how you might as well not eat a steak if it's cooked past medium on the count of the flavor being killed off. But whatever floats one's boat, I say. I'll cook up a piece of shoe leather for my Barbeque guests if they request it.

..uh... I cook the shoe leather and then throw it at their ..stupid...heads? ya!

Stop making me choose a position, damn it. You're no better than Hitler.

You're Hitler!

There I said.

How's that?

Imma gonna have to post this again...

In America today there are at least 30,000 different steak recipes.
All of them are good.
Steak, you see, is the Real Man's birthday cake; and while we prefer a plain, simple sirloin, fried in a pan with a touch of butter and oil, we would not be so presumptuous as to force our will on you.
The way we see it, telling a Real Man how to prepare his steak would be like telling him how to ride his horse, drive his car or make love to his girlfriend.
And among Real Men this just isn't done.

Oh for crap's sake. Rant #2.

My assistant got promoted to an advisory position in the training department, so I had to hire a new assistant. I ended up hiring an old friend of mine who's husband had just died in a drowning accident and she'd been off work for the past year (working at the same company in a different department). She had wanted out of the working environment she was in as it was a very negative place full of nasty politics and egotistical managers. She took a huge paycut to come work for me and I've been working with her to get back into work mode, knowing she's still a bit delicate and has good days and bad.

Just got a phone call from my brother in law who happens to work with her brother-in-law saying she won't be coming in tomorrow because "things took a turn for the worse". I don't know what that means and I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means (self-harm) and the only phone number I've been given is a cell phone number that I can't tell if it's hers or his or what's going on. I don't want to pry but I also feel a sense of responsibility to her to make sure that it wasn't her experiences today that caused any issues (It was a particularly stressful day - and yes, marketing people can have stressful days)

Edit: Nope, her best friend who has been fighting cancer for the past 3 years had the tumour burst this afternoon and she's bleeding out with only a couple hours to live.

Rant #3.

I've been volunteered to be on a dunk tank seat tomorrow for half an hour to raise money for a mammography screening machine for the local hospital. My wife, father, brother and sister have all emailed every single contact they have to send them down there as each one of them individually is away on vacation/work.

Rant #3.

I've been volunteered to be on a dunk tank seat tomorrow for half an hour to raise money for a mammography screening machine for the local hospital. My wife, father, brother and sister have all emailed every single contact they have to send them down there as each one of them individually is away on vacation/work.

Get an old-timey swimsuit and hurl archaic insults à la Conan O'Brien playing baseball.

I was playing TF2 a little while ago. There was an idiot on the server who kept mic spamming that scene from Dumb & Dumber ("Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and then the scream ad naseum). Eventually, I figured out how to mute him.

Maybe it's all the teacher education I've gone through in the last year, but I just can't fathom how someone can get entertainment out of that. Surely there are dozens of different ways to have fun or at the very least, get attention. But no, instead, he just sits in the re-spawn room and mic spams, with his teammates asking for his banning. At which point, he leaves, then comes back a few minutes later with a different name and does it again. Ugh. I just...I can't understand where that's even fun for someone to do.

I was playing TF2 a little while ago. There was an idiot on the server who kept mic spamming that scene from Dumb & Dumber ("Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and then the scream ad naseum). Eventually, I figured out how to mute him.

Maybe it's all the teacher education I've gone through in the last year, but I just can't fathom how someone can get entertainment out of that. Surely there are dozens of different ways to have fun or at the very least, get attention. But no, instead, he just sits in the re-spawn room and mic spams, with his teammates asking for his banning. At which point, he leaves, then comes back a few minutes later with a different name and does it again. Ugh. I just...I can't understand where that's even fun for someone to do.
Even worse, when you see a game that TNG is in and he manages to leave in the minute between loading and starting the game.

:foreveralone:

North_Ranger

Staff member
Still tastes better than an overcooked steak, after all :p
I wouldn't know. Never had the urge to... stick... my... tongue... ugh, I can't even say it. It's just horribly disgusting.

Also, I used to eat my steaks well done. These days I prefer medium plus.

I wouldn't know. Never had the urge to... stick... my... tongue... ugh, I can't even say it. It's just horribly disgusting.

Also, I used to eat my steaks well done. These days I prefer medium plus.
Only female dogs have vaginas. A female dog is a bitch. Never went down on someone you realized was a bitch afterwards? There you go ;)

Also, I went from medium-to-well-done to medium-to-medium-rare, and honestly, however anyone likes their steaks is fine by me. But it's fun to mock.

And he's a big supporter of PA and Sandusky! It's like he's a personal trainer version of a poster recently banned!1!

No I'm not. I don't support Jerry Sandusky at all. What the hell is wrong with you? Wow this actually makes me mad. You're saying I'm supporting a child rapist. Go fuck yourself is the better reply.