Rant VIII: The Reckoning

And he's a big supporter of PA and Sandusky! It's like he's a personal trainer version of a poster recently banned!1!
I don't think that's the case; the new guy threatened to leave, which wouldn't make sense.

Unless that's what he wanted us to think! :Leyla:

North_Ranger

Staff member
Oh for the love of God, people...

Seriously, guys, what the bloody hell is wrong with you? It's not too often we get new members who are interesting to talk to, not to mention folks you look forward to hearing from again. And you guys pile up on him like a bunch of rehab patients on the guy with the last cigarette. W-T-fuckin'-F?!

Silent Bob ... on behalf of the forums, apologies. Some of our members are a bit rowdy, and a while back there happened some pretty nasty shit that resulted in a banning - and some people throwing a shit fit over it. Which will NOT be discussed here. Personally I thought you an opinionated (in a good way) and interesting poster, and I hope you'll give us a second chance.

As for some of you folks... seriously, this is why we can't have nice things.

Perkele!

Dave

Staff member
Well, I *WILL* talk about the bannination but for one reason and one reason only - to explain to Silent Bob about what's going on.

• We had a user named Mathias who was banned. He was a really, really smart guy who could not control his baser troll and instead of ever backing down when confronted about it, he doubled down in a big way. Think Micheal Richards or Daniel Tosh. It got to be too much (and a lot of other things happened) and he was banned.
  • After his banning, here you come. You have the same basic posting style without the insults and derogatory remarks. There are people who think you are him under another name. What these people do NOT know is that we, the mods, have been watching all new people to ensure that this does not happen. We checked out everything we could find about you and nothing matched. But some of these people still are certain you are him and regardless of whether they are right are projecting their feelings for Mathias onto you. It's unfair and kinda stupid.
So to everyone - the mods have a very active thread where we discussed this at length. Quit giving Bob shit - he doesn't deserve it. There is no guilt by association because as far as we know there is no association!
Like North_Ranger, Bob, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

Dave

Staff member
One last note on this. I'm not shutting down the rant thread because this has now become a rant for me.

When Bob came in I had a few people send me PMs that Bob = Chaz. I started a thread in the mod section telling ALL of them everything I know. We've been watching his posts and looking into background stuff and have determined that Bob =/= Mathias. Could we be wrong? Yes. But it would have taken Mathias a hell of a lot of work to set up as it would involve IP spoofing and a few other things. Some of you still don't believe this is the case and I've even been accused of covering up Mathias' return.

Here's my take. I don't give a fuck what you think. You think Bob = Mathias? Whatever. You think I'm covering up for someone I banned myself? Go for it. But until you have proof, you will leave the poor guy alone. Save your witch hunts for someone who deserves it, not some new guy you suspect might be someone else. Take your paranoia, pack it into a little bag and go home.

For fuck's sake, North_Ranger & Amorous Eyes are sticking up for the guy! Do you REALLY think NR is going to back Mathias? Really?!?

I've pulled the curtain back a bit to let you know the mods have been working on this and checking stuff out. They (we) are doing our jobs.

The thing that gets me is that I don't ever remember Mathias getting that level of hate spewed at him, even when he was being a giant asshole for no reason. Even if you think there's a chance that Bob is him, where the fuck is the basis for saying he supports a child rapist, or continuing to pile on five or ten posts after he says he's had enough shit and is thinking about just leaving?

Christ, is there a contest here to be the new Halforums' Biggest Asshole that I wasn't told about?

Well, I *WILL* talk about the bannination but for one reason and one reason only - to explain to Silent Bob about what's going on.

• We had a user named Mathias who was banned. He was a really, really smart guy who could not control his baser troll and instead of ever backing down when confronted about it, he doubled down in a big way. Think Micheal Richards or Daniel Tosh. It got to be too much (and a lot of other things happened) and he was banned.
  • After his banning, here you come. You have the same basic posting style without the insults and derogatory remarks. There are people who think you are him under another name. What these people do NOT know is that we, the mods, have been watching all new people to ensure that this does not happen. We checked out everything we could find about you and nothing matched. But some of these people still are certain you are him and regardless of whether they are right are projecting their feelings for Mathias onto you. It's unfair and kinda stupid.
So to everyone - the mods have a very active thread where we discussed this at length. Quit giving Bob shit - he doesn't deserve it. There is no guilt by association because as far as we know there isno association!
Like North_Ranger, Bob, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

I have no idea who this is or what everyone is talking about. All I know is that I'm being touted as a supported of a child molester because - God forbid- I don't think a university should suffer anymore than it has. I went to Pitt. I hate Penn State. I don't know what my posting "style" is. I just articulate things the best I can to get my points across. I may agree with things people say, or I may not. I don't really feel that deserves accusations of being a rape sympathizer. Let's just leave it alone, please.

I accept your apology and thanks for clearing things up.

Take your paranoia, pack it into a little bag and go home.
Done.

For the record, I really liked Chaz, but I'm not an idiot. In a couple months, find me on Steam and let me know how things are going.

And to Silent Bob, my apologies, I meant Paterno, not Sandusky. I'm not close enough to the whole thing to always keep the names straight.

Done.

For the record, I really liked Chaz, but I'm not an idiot. In a couple months, find me on Steam and let me know how things are going.

And to Silent Bob, my apologies, I meant Paterno, not Sandusky. I'm not close enough to the whole thing to always keep the names straight.
Apology accepted, but I'm not really defending Paterno 100% either. All I did was offer up a possible motive to what was going through his head when he decided to cover up the scandal. I hope you didn't leave this forum on my account, but I don't take accusations of being a sympathizer to a pedophile very lightly either.[DOUBLEPOST=1342286004][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aw, man! Pitt? So much for you then!

Only for four years before moving back to Philly! ;)

I love my Eagles and Phillies, but I hate the Flyers. Go figure.

Dave

Staff member
Done.

Really? I swear I can't say anything without making people want to leave these days.

Banging your head on a desk!?! How dare you! That's it. I'm outta here
(at least until after I get back from grocery shopping later)
!!

Really? I swear I can't say anything without making people want to leave these days.
I wouldn't give it to much mind. It is unfortunate that Adam couldn't handle the fact that silent bob here is not actually Mathias, the fact that he is a black-hawks fan is enough for me! Mathias was fanatical in his love of the penguins.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!1!

=insert picture of the guy from Braveheart who says answer the fucking question=