Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Yeah, I can't imagine dogsitting, seeing a pee or poo in the living room, and not cleaning it up. "sorry for the washer load of dirty rags and the state of the mop"? Sure. "sorry about your carpet being ruined because I let pee seep in for two weeks"? No.

Exactly. This is why I wondering if they had Dave's return date wrong. I could see them thinking Dave and family was getting home sooner, and not realizing they had to go over and check on the dogs that day, but just leaving it? Or at least attempting to clean some of it, and leaving a note as to what happened?

I watched our neighbour friend's hamster for a week. Before they left, I had asked in jest what to do if it died. They gave me a couple laughs and said wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer so we can bury it when we get back.

It died on April Fools Day. When I emailed my buddy to let him know it died, he didn't believe me. I sent the picture of the corpse freezer bag. They will not let me forget this at all.

It died on April Fools Day. When I emailed my buddy to let him know it died, he didn't believe me. I sent the picture of the corpse freezer bag. They will not let me forget this at all.
Are you now Michael Bluth: Hamster Sitter?

Had a complete breakdown at work after a very bad call. For fucks sake, I don't care how angry you are, DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON THE PERSON TRYING TO HELP YOU.

I am so sick and fucking tired of being yelled at for things I didn't do. For things I have no control over. For following company policy or procedure. I am just so fucking tired and burnt out and it just doesn't stop. It never stops. Day in, day out, all I do is get yelled at over things I have zero control over. And there is NOTHING else out there for me. Nothing. I'm turning 46 this year and there is nothing for me. This is my life now. This is all my life is. It's probably my penance for being such a toxic asshole who pushes everyone away. I deserve this. I'm trapped in this fucking job for the rest of my life. If I'm lucky, I'll have a heart attack or get hit while biking to end my miserable, pathetic life and put me out of my misery.

Had a complete breakdown at work after a very bad call. For fucks sake, I don't care how angry you are, DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON THE PERSON TRYING TO HELP YOU.

I am so sick and fucking tired of being yelled at for things I didn't do. For things I have no control over. For following company policy or procedure. I am just so fucking tired and burnt out and it just doesn't stop. It never stops. Day in, day out, all I do is get yelled at over things I have zero control over. And there is NOTHING else out there for me. Nothing. I'm turning 46 this year and there is nothing for me. This is my life now. This is all my life is. It's probably my penance for being such a toxic asshole who pushes everyone away. I deserve this. I'm trapped in this fucking job for the rest of my life. If I'm lucky, I'll have a heart attack or get hit while biking to end my miserable, pathetic life and put me out of my misery.
You do not deserve that. No one does. You obviously have customer service skills or you wouldn't last in a job like that. I used to have one very similar and it sucked. When I finally left that job, my parents said it was like getting their daughter back. I was such a different person then. All I can do is give you hugs and tell you to hang in there. Update your resume, maybe apply for something if it looks interesting. Worst case, nothing changes and at least you've gotten your resume updated. :heart:

12319304.png

So, remember this guy?

Out of curiosity, I looked at his Twitter profile and saw...he was uttering death threats to someone. So I reported it. And his account was suspended. Good riddance.

Today, I received this lovely email. I'm debating showing it to the police and getting a restraining order. But he's also on the other side of the world, so I don’t know if it could apply. I'm not greatly concerned for my own safety. He's a loudmouth and an asshole, but I highly doubt he'd attack me.

Remember this dickhead, who sent me death threats after getting his Twitter account suspended for...sending death threats?

He created another Twitter account since then. Because I don't respond kindly to death threats, I've been keeping an eye on his account to see if he said anything reportable.

Today, it was this little nugget. This was in response to a Libs of Tiktok post (LoT has been reported themselves multiple times for being indirectly the cause of hospital bomb threats and being very anti-trans).

Murray 10.jpg

Would anyone who still has Twitter kindly go and report this tweet for sharing personal information? I'd like to see his account suspended again.

I thought about contacting his employer, since he included it in his email to me. But 1) It's been months since he sent it, so they'd question why I'm waiting until now. 2) That seems like a bigger escalation than just getting his Twitter account suspended again.

No, people like him need to be punished before they get worse. He sounds like he’s itching for an excuse to assault anybody.

Last edited:
Does Twitter have moderation for things that aren't calling people the dreaded slur 'cis'?
Twitter moderation sucks these days (and it wasn't very good before Musk bought it). When I reported this guy's previous account for death threats, I was genuinely surprised he got and remained suspended.

I figure it's always worth a shot to report it.

Didn't sleep the night before last and poorly last night. It's really affecting my emotional state. I feel slightly drunk or high now. Don't know what's causing it. I am going to work out this afternoon to physically wear myself out. Falling asleep is fine but staying asleep is the problem.

I'm so sorry. The poor girl. I know it's hard to hear right now, but you made the right choice. You did what's best for her.
This. You were there for her when she needed you the most and you loved her enough to show her the ultimate mercy. She can run and frolic forever now thanks to you. No more pain. No more fear.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss, my dude.

Looks like she may have not had a heart attack, just the AFib. But her heart wouldn't correct itself, and was fluctuating erratically. So today they put her under and shocked her heart back into normal rhythm. It seems to have done the trick, but she once again is staying overnight just in case.

My bike got stolen at work today.
My €8000 (new, not in current condition of course) electric speed bike got stolen while locked with two high-quality locks inside a locked metal cage behind a badge reader, and security somehow didn't see or hear anything because apparently they are beyond useless.
Fuck thieves. Also, why the crap steal a bike there?!

GasBandit

Staff member
My €8000 (new, not in current condition of course) electric speed bike got stolen while locked with two high-quality locks inside a locked metal cage behind a badge reader, and security somehow didn't see or hear anything because apparently they are beyond useless.
... smells like a security guard got himself a bike, imo.

that's nuts. Sorry man.

That's rotten. Is work going to help you out with this?