Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Ballmer's the giant dumbass currently in charge of Microsoft. He's a legend on the Microsoft campus... for all the wrong reasons. He's known to be a screamer, he's had Sr. VP division chiefs walk out the instant their division's product was submitted to final build and never go back (for instance, the head of the old Windows Live services), and he's pompous enough that an assistant follows him everywhere he goes, just waiting for MonkeyBoy to need something... like a garbage can, if the three feet to the nearest garbage can is too far for MonkeyBoy to carry his empty coffee cup.

Dave

Staff member
So here's how today went. 100 degrees outside. AC...out. Call landlord. AC guy comes to fix. The breaker/fuses I checked before I called? Tripped again. What does he do? Turns them back on, shakes his head and leaves. AC keeps tripping the breakers. It's now 83 degrees in the house. Call the landlord. AC guy comes. Hoses down the AC unit (which I'd already done) and when he thinks I'm not looking fills the fucking thing with coolant!!

Oi.

So here's how today went. 100 degrees outside. AC...out. Call landlord. AC guy comes to fix. The breaker/fuses I checked before I called? Tripped again. What does he do? Turns them back on, shakes his head and leaves. AC keeps tripping the breakers. It's now 83 degrees in the house. Call the landlord. AC guy comes. Hoses down the AC unit (which I'd already done) and when he thinks I'm not looking fills the fucking thing with coolant!!

Oi.
HCFC-22?

My grandma's in the hospital for repeated strokes, dad seems to be acting like it's nothing to worry about but he's notorious for suppressing bad news away even when we really need to know, missing class tomorrow may or may not royally screw me over because our flaky teacher keeps cancelling class without notice moving the critiques around and it could likely be tomorrow, but I know if something were to happen and I didn't go down to say goodbye it would haunt me the rest of my life, and it's just aaaaaaauuuuuuuuurgh :(

Call the relevant people at your school. Tell them you aren't coming and why, period. Go be with your family.

If the teacher causes trouble, use whatever appeals process is in place to nail his ass to the wall. Use the flakiness against him.

I'm at what I believe must be among the worst community colleges in the state, in terms of administration competence/corruption. Our accreditation is hanging by a thread likely to be revoked, and there doesn't seem to be anything they're doing about it. I'll be with my family, but if he decides to be shitty about it there's pretty much jack I can do but write it off as a wasted semester and retake the class at the university I'm transferring to next semester.

For fuck's sake. Every goddamn day someone pees on the floor of the washroom. Not like a dribble: a veritable puddle. If you can't handle urinals, sit down. Holy fucking Moses, you asshole.

If I ever find out who it is...

I have a friend that owns a sports bar in a college town. EVERY NIGHT somebody pees on the floor there, at all three "stations." I kid with him that Sam Houston State University needs to have a mandatory class on how to piss in a public restroom.

There are now TWO guys at work who apparently have the same poo schedule as me. With only one stall in men's washroom.

I need to force myself to have to poo like, 3 minutes earlier, and I can be the first one in every day.

Being a shiftworker, I have no poo schedule. Regularity is a thing of my distant past.

The worst is the middle of the night poos.

GasBandit

Staff member
Being a shiftworker, I have no poo schedule. Regularity is a thing of my distant past.

The worst is the middle of the night poos.
I tell you, one of the really unsung benefits of a salary position with a lax schedule (no pun intended) is the absolute clockwork regularity of my bowel movements. First thing in the morning and right after lunch. Boom boom.

I have such a ridiculous case of tonsillitis that the swelling and overall nastiness of my throat has actually caused my voice to get higher. I talk like someone's throttling me.

This is fucking misery.

I have such a ridiculous case of tonsillitis that the swelling and overall nastiness of my throat has actually caused my voice to get higher. I talk like someone's throttling me.

This is fucking misery.

Record your own rendition of Alvin and the Chipmunks greatest hits.

Oliver seemingly got hit by a car, and with an ankle fractured in 2 places and a fractured pelvis, with vet bills estimated at 2.k-5k just for the first surgeries, on top of the already accrued 2k for exams xrays and all the other things from overnight monitoring, it was ultimately decided to put him down. This house is wierdly quiet and empty even though he was rarely around and didn't make much noise when he was. I am out of sorts.

Oliver seemingly got hit by a car, and with an ankle fractured in 2 places and a fractured pelvis, with vet bills estimated at 2.k-5k just for the first surgeries, on top of the already accrued 2k for exams xrays and all the other things from overnight monitoring, it was ultimately decided to put him down. This house is wierdly quiet and empty even though he was rarely around and didn't make much noise when he was. I am out of sorts.
I feel you man. My younger dog almost died yesterday from a systemic infection that she probably got from the people we hired to remove the dog waste in the yard (they apparently hadn't been using foot pads to prevent this sort of thing). We're getting her back from the vet today and she'll PROBABLY be fine since her fever's down, but that was still $800+ we had to spend because none of the other vets were open over Memorial Day weekend.

That's on top of the $1500+ from last year's reveal of her Addison's, that we had only just finished paying off a month or two ago.

This has been the year all my hardware has failed.
My CPU cooler died. Had to replace it (Got an amazing one though, so it was a huge upgrade and I can OC my new CPU beautifully too)
My Keyboard died. The old version of the G510 isn't made anymore and it's replacement was terrible. Thankfully Logitech listened and released a very similar (just about identical) successor and I managed to get it.
My speakers died. Also no longer made, lucked out at a used PC parts store nearby and snagged the exact same kind. It may be used and die on me in the future but I keep the legacy alive.
Today my mouse began it's death throes. When I hold down left click, it will stutter every now and then and click again. This is highly annoying when trying to mouse move in games (stop, go, stop, go) and fire in MOBAs (shooting, stop, shooting, stop).

All these pieces of hardware have lasted 3-4+yrs so I can't complain but it's funny that they all decided to give out within the same 6 month period.

Dave

Staff member
Remember my daughter getting into that accident? Yeah. My insurance just went up $170 a month. Oh, and as I was telling that to my wife, my son came upstairs and said, "Dad, there's something wrong with the washing machine." The motor burned out.

Folks, it's going to be one of those weekends!

Remember my daughter getting into that accident? Yeah. My insurance just went up $170 a month. Oh, and as I was telling that to my wife, my son came upstairs and said, "Dad, there's something wrong with the washing machine." The motor burned out.

Folks, it's going to be one of those weekends!
I feel you. My TV just blacked out and started smoking. That's on top of the $900 we spent saving one of our dogs again last weekend. All of my cash is about to vanish.