Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Ugh. One of my best friends is going though some tough shit. Her and her girlfriend broke up, which has been hard on her, but at least had a silver lining. Because she moved back in with her parents she was going to save enough money to pay off her probation in a few months instead of a few years. In the long run, that's the better thing to happen, right?

Except she lost her job today for some bullshitty reasons. So now she'all probably have to just get whatever job just o stay out of jail instead of continuing on the path she had started to set at her normal job.

I just worry that if things get too bad and she keeps hanging out with her younger friends who only worry about getting high and drunk she might relapse into the person she was and totally fuck herself over. I know she's come a long way over the years.

I *just* walked back into the house after my overnight shift. Kid finally arrived for his "morning" shift four hours late.

The vending machines have been removed as we switch companies. Touch the breakfast food and risk getting written up. McDonald's drive through 10 deep and glacially slow. Inside just as bad.

I'm having a single cookie, then going to bed to cry.

I have relatives there, but I don't think they would be receptive to tracking down and placing the estranged, unstable wife of a guy their cousin barely knows from the internet in a sort of protective custody.

Sorry.

Why the heck chicago of all places anyway? Seriously, the place is such a hole.
Well, our couples counsellor asked what she wanted to do at one point in our discussions and she said just travel to random places. And then her and a friend at work were discussing how exciting it would be just to go to the airport and get on a plane and go somewhere you haven't been before. She's never been to Chicago so there she goes. And then to her dads afterwards (In Quebec) so actually it's pretty convenient for her. Its' a quick hop from Chicago to Quebec City.

1. Our couples counsellor is an idiot.

2. Her doctor told her she's not depressed. I just don't even :rage:[DOUBLEPOST=1368321574][/DOUBLEPOST]
My first thought was, "Willis Tower", but their observation deck is enclosed...
DUDE...

Here we go again...

8am rolls around. No relief. Wait 10 minutes and try to call. Straight to voicemail. Wait another 10 minutes and try manager. His cell goes to voicemail, but I'm able to reach his famil at home this time. I explain what's up and they will try to get hold of him.

A few minutes later, the other desk guy finally calls. Seems his GF is in the ER with kidney issues. Also claims he got in touch with the GM about this. Um, a single text that the manager hasn't read yet is NOT "getting in touch."

Long story short, another desk person was found to get me out of there, only 2 hours late instead of 4 this time. I arranged for McDonalds to be brought over as soon as I knew I was stuck, so I was fed before leaving. AND I was able to pick up Subway just before I got back to the house.

tl;dr: stuck at work again, but I was better prepared this time. And another kid may be fired soon.

Here we go again...

8am rolls around. No relief. Wait 10 minutes and try to call. Straight to voicemail. Wait another 10 minutes and try manager. His cell goes to voicemail, but I'm able to reach his famil at home this time. I explain what's up and they will try to get hold of him.

A few minutes later, the other desk guy finally calls. Seems his GF is in the ER with kidney issues. Also claims he got in touch with the GM about this. Um, a single text that the manager hasn't read yet is NOT "getting in touch."

Long story short, another desk person was found to get me out of there, only 2 hours late instead of 4 this time. I arranged for McDonalds to be brought over as soon as I knew I was stuck, so I was fed before leaving. AND I was able to pick up Subway just before I got back to the house.

tl;dr: stuck at work again, but I was better prepared this time. And another kid may be fired soon.
Why is it so hard for your work to find decent people? This is some crazy bullshit, and every job I've ever had would fire my ass on the spot for being 20 minutes late without explanation. I certainly wouldn't get multiple chances.

Why is it so hard for your work to find decent people? This is some crazy bullshit, and every job I've ever had would fire my ass on the spot for being 20 minutes late without explanation. I certainly wouldn't get multiple chances.
My job had a strict policy when it came to 'getting in touch with the manager.' Mainly, if you don't actually speak to them, on the phone or in person, then you haven't gotten in contact with them.

My job had a strict policy when it came to 'getting in touch with the manager.' Mainly, if you don't actually speak to them, on the phone or in person, then you haven't gotten in contact with them.
Same. That's another reason why I can't wrap my head around all the troubles that DarkAudit has with his coworkers.

My freaking car was just hit while it was parked and the jackass who hit it happens to have no insurance. I just got this car less than two weeks ago and it already has been hit. I guess I should be lucky no one was in the car but I am still pissed off. The worse part is it is a friend of my family that hit my car. Their is a $1,000 deductible for my car insurance and my rates will probably go up as well. The guy claims he will give me the money for the deductible but I highly doubt it since he has no job and no insurance. So here I am having to shell out $1,000 to get my car fixed that I have had for less than two weeks. With the $1,000 I am going to have to spend I could have knocked about 10% off of my car loan but no I have to use it to pay for stupid damages from a jackass who drives with no insurance and manages to hit a parked car. Luckily the car still is drivable but the passenger side door has a huge dent in it and the bottom frame of the door looks bent. I will be taking it to my insurance for them to give me an estimated quote for the damages on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. so I will have to take time off of work just so I can get the car looked at (luckily I can use some vacation time so I won't lose any more money) But all in all this has been an awful day.

Same. That's another reason why I can't wrap my head around all the troubles that DarkAudit has with his coworkers.
Didn't help that the manager was intentionally away from the phone so he wasn't getting bombarded with calls from the other kids who can't seem to handle even the basics sometimes. I only blow up his phone in situations like this where I have no authority take action, but a decision has to be made NOW. I'm on his good side because 99 times out of 100 I let him sleep. :)

My freaking car was just hit while it was parked and the jackass who hit it happens to have no insurance. I just got this car less than two weeks ago and it already has been hit. I guess I should be lucky no one was in the car but I am still pissed off. The worse part is it is a friend of my family that hit my car. Their is a $1,000 deductible for my car insurance and my rates will probably go up as well. The guy claims he will give me the money for the deductible but I highly doubt it since he has no job and no insurance. So here I am having to shell out $1,000 to get my car fixed that I have had for less than two weeks. With the $1,000 I am going to have to spend I could have knocked about 10% off of my car loan but no I have to use it to pay for stupid damages from a jackass who drives with no insurance and manages to hit a parked car. Luckily the car still is drivable but the passenger side door has a huge dent in it and the bottom frame of the door looks bent. I will be taking it to my insurance for them to give me an estimated quote for the damages on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. so I will have to take time off of work just so I can get the car looked at (luckily I can use some vacation time so I won't lose any more money) But all in all this has been an awful day.
Is it legal to not have insurance? Because if that happened to me, I'd either demand the money, or alert the proper authorities (no clue who that'd be in this case).

Is it legal to not have insurance? Because if that happened to me, I'd either demand the money, or alert the proper authorities (no clue who that'd be in this case).

It is required by law to have car insurance but the only thing the police would do would be to document the case and fine the guy for not having insurance but nothing that would help me. I was still tempted to call the cops to the scene so they could at least give the guy a ticket but since the accident happened on private property and no one was injured they wouldn't have come out even if I called (they don't consider it worth there time). One annoying thing is that my family seems to think that I need to respect this guy since he is a family friend and he is sorry. I told them it doesn't matter that he is sorry because my car has still been damaged and I am looking at being out a lot of money. Plus he was the idiot who managed to hit a parked car while driving a car without insurance. But as I said my family still keeps telling me that "everyone makes mistakes" and all that bullshit and are still upset that I am upset at the guy.

I am upset and a bit angry but that is mainly because the incident just happened this afternoon. I am not one who holds onto anger and grudges for long. But I also am not going to just write off the incident just because he is "sorry". Now with that being said I could have forced the issue with the cops just so they would have given him a ticket but since it wouldn't have done anything other than costing him money out of spite I dropped the matter of the cops. So I don't plan of holding a grudge forever or staying angry but if I am honest with myself I probably will refer to him in slightly derogatory terms for the next few days (which I think is fairly understandable given the circumstances) while I have to deal with all of this.

fade

Staff member
You've nothing to gain by being angry and holding a grudge. He made a mistake that's going to cost you significant money, but it's done and anger isn't going to get your money back.
No! Give into hate. Feel its power flow through you! Strike him down and your journey will be complete!

Christ almighty, I fucking hate Windows 8. I had to get a new printer because there were no drivers being updated for the one I had. Now, I'm discovering I might have to get a new microphone headset AND controller because it's a common problem they don't work, either! Oh, the computer will recognize that they're plugged in, but will they work? NOOOOOOOO.

It certainly doesn't help that the more I work at this dishwashing job, the more I hate it. I'm in a royally fucking bad mood today after a really bad night at work. I also have time off from today until Wednesday and doubt I'll wind up doing anything because I have nothing else going on in my life so I just sit at home doing nothing but play video games or something and wind up feeling shit about it.

Christ almighty, I fucking hate Windows 8. I had to get a new printer because there were no drivers being updated for the one I had. Now, I'm discovering I might have to get a new microphone headset AND controller because it's a common problem they don't work, either! Oh, the computer will recognize that they're plugged in, but will they work? NOOOOOOOO.

It certainly doesn't help that the more I work at this dishwashing job, the more I hate it. I'm in a royally fucking bad mood today after a really bad night at work. I also have time off from today until Wednesday and doubt I'll wind up doing anything because I have nothing else going on in my life so I just sit at home doing nothing but play video games or something and wind up feeling shit about it.
I hear ya brother. Wish there was a way I could help but I'm in mostly the same boat.

If you know ahead of time you'll feel badly about, why not spend at least some of that time going for a run or a bike ride? Just burn off some energy. Or maybe buy a few ingredients and cook yourself a simple meal? It'll take some time, concentration. Might provide a nice distraction.

But, I get it. Depression is paralysing sometimes and all the suggestions in the world often seem like impossible tasks.
I threw out my back this morning so I missed half of my shift and have been in relative agony all day!
Advice: don't throw your back out.

If you know ahead of time you'll feel badly about, why not spend at least some of that time going for a run or a bike ride? Just burn off some energy. Or maybe buy a few ingredients and cook yourself a simple meal? It'll take some time, concentration. Might provide a nice distraction.

But, I get it. Depression is paralysing sometimes and all the suggestions in the world often seem like impossible tasks.

Advice: don't throw your back out.
This is good advice. I know that TNG has done a lot of yoga, exercise, gym stuff in the past so I used him as a template for what I was doing as I work through my issues. And I've been running a fuckload. Nice thing is I can't think while I'm running, just too focussed on my breathing so it's a nice break from reality.