Rant VIII: The Reckoning

fade

Staff member
Also, I think the 80s stands-out because of all the references to it, because Gen X is in charge right now. The next generation will promote their childhood decade.

You find me one - just one - comic where Superman flies through rings and I will retract my statement about the game being the worst thing presented to humanity.

I think the 90's are going to be the decade remembered for just how manufactured music was becoming. The rise of the digital age meant that is was now possible to turn just about ANYONE into a great singer, on recordings at least, so the labels no longer had to look for beautiful people who could also sing, they just needed ones who could lip synch. This is turn meant that the vast majority of popular music was soulless slush.

Then again, I could say the same thing about the 2000's, except that decade also lead to the resurgence of the indie artist... one who could reach their fans no matter where they where on the globe.

I grew up as a kid in the early 90's, and a teenager in the late 90's. The 90's rocked. My generation is the ass end of Gen X, before the internet was a popular thing.

Sim City 2000, Descent 1 and 2, Tie Figher, Warcraft 1 and 2.

A plethora of awesome movies that ushered in the age of CGI.

Seinfeld and The Simpsons

Good economy; my parents were making awesome money and we were able to finally move into a single family house.

Gas was dirt cheap.

The 90's fucking owned.

I think the 90's will be remembered as "that time when we had the best chance to avoid the mess we got ourselves into but missed the opportunity."

--Patrick

M

makare

As dumb as I think it is at least, from what I saw, she is honest about how it is all about looks to her. She doesn't seem to be one of those people who pretend they are judging fat people because it's "unhealthy". Those people are so transparent.

True, but the sheer magnitude of her stupidity and warped sense of beauty is staggering. She is more disgusting than anyone she's ever criticized.

M

makare

Yeah I pretty much agree but since I am a fatty fat and I enjoy going on to fatty fat blogs and talking about the joys of being a fatty fat I can't really criticize her much. She may not see that both her actions and mine are fundamentally the same but I can. Damn it :(

I...I don't know what I was reading on that site but once again I am surprised by the depths of stupidity people plumb in order to 'belong'.

Yeah I pretty much agree but since I am a fatty fat and I enjoy going on to fatty fat blogs and talking about the joys of being a fatty fat I can't really criticize her much. She may not see that both her actions and mine are fundamentally the same but I can. Damn it :(
Okay, fine.

I guess since I'm skin and bones, I can say she's a drooling, vapid bitch and criticize her all I please.

Kate Upton gifs it is. Because they're awesome. Super awesome.

You take a picture of almost anyone mid stride and their bodies are going to look a bit weird, that's just how it is.

Back to the Uptonian gifs.

Jesus, how does she even stand with that much lard covering her.

As for the SkinnyGossip pro-ana site, here's some stats from random posters in her thread:

Poster1: Stats: 119 lbs, 32-25-33, 5'7" Goal: 95 lbs!

Poster 2: 5'8" Current Weight 138 (Down from 160)

Poster 3: H: 167cm CW: 77kg (down from 89kg)

Poster 4: Height: 5'8 CW: 110lbs (down from 160)

Poster 5: Height - 5ft5 * CW - 120.5

Poster 6: Height: 5'8" / 172.5cm CW: 120

Poster 7: 5'9" CW:129 (Down from 152)

Poster 8: Height: 5'9" 135lbs (Down from 145lbs)

Poster 9: 5'4" CW: 120 (7/12) (Down from 158 (3/12)

Poster 10: CW: 154.2 (Down from 189)

Makes me sad that Kate Upton (5'10", 150lbs) is looked on with such derision from the very people who are attempting to get a physique IDENTICAL to hers.