Rant VIII: The Reckoning

I want to give them time but it also seems very unlikely that they will change. My dad just blocked me on Facebook for crying out loud :(
All you can do is be better. I know it's tough but just consider not closing the door completely. Hopefully they will come around eventually and realize they love you and miss you.

I hate most of my family :(

I knew they would not take my being trans very well but seeing/hearing it first hand is still hard. I luckily have two brothers who are sticking up for me but my parents and my sister are refusing to call me by my preferred name and their reasoning is stuff like "we gave him that name and we will use it" or "we have to let show our love by explaining that they are sinning" or even "if we call them by that name we will be endorsing the sin". My mom is telling my brother that if I can't stand their calling me by my birth name and don't want to be around them for that reason it is my fault and not theirs. My dad said he would just say neither name but use male pronouns and I could only come over if I was dressed as a male.

I knew they would not handle it well but this level of hatred towards their own kid/sibling is painful nevertheless. The one good thing is that one of my brothers had been convinced I was exaggerating the bad stuff about our parents but he is quickly realizing that I wasn't lying or exaggerating. They are even accusingly attacking him saying he isn't being a good christian by accepting me. Now I am not a christian at all but I understand my brother is and he was deeply hurt by my parents accusations towards him and their hatred towards me. The whole time they keep saying they love me and I have told my brother that they don't really love me they love the idea of me they have in their heads and they would rather have memories of a son that never existed and a dead daughter than to accept me. He told me I was crazy but he is sadly seeing it firsthand now and is slowly realizing what our parents really are.

I told him I was going to cut them out of my life but he is still trying to get me to give them time but I don't see how they will ever change. They have proven they love their religion more than they love their own kid and things will never be the same. :(
Damn, that's super difficult. I can't begin to understand.

I hope things change given time. Good luck, and my best.

I want to give them time but it also seems very unlikely that they will change. My dad just blocked me on Facebook for crying out loud :(
Wow! I don't know what to say. Giving your post a hug rating isn't an in person hug, but it's as close as I can get.

I'm just so sorry that you're dealing with this. I am so glad that your brother is there for you and I really hope that the rest of your family comes around.

So our ex-vice president Temer who took over after our 3-million + protests led to the impeachment of the previous president, Dilma, is now creating ministries to try and get corrupt allies sworn in as ministers, to save them from a current corruption investigation.

Sadly, here in Brazil, ministers are immune to normal court lawsuits and investigations, due to outdated laws, and starting next Sunday it's a protest every other Sunday until we get Temer impeached, as well as phone calls, petitions and letters, democracy may be the best thing we have, but damn it has been tiring the past few years.

Wow! I don't know what to say. Giving your post a hug rating isn't an in person hug, but it's as close as I can get.

I'm just so sorry that you're dealing with this. I am so glad that your brother is there for you and I really hope that the rest of your family comes around.
Aye, I am glad your brother's supporting you, @Hylian.

I hope you can get through this okay, no matter what you need to handle your family.

fade

Staff member
@Hylian sorry to hear that. There's a difference between not accepting something immediately and actively displaying hatred, and it sounds like their reactions lean toward the latter, unfortunately. It's a nice ideal to leave the door open, just so long as you don't let the wolves in, if you catch my drift.

Motherfucker, why does my family meet tragedy in batches? My grandmother and my uncle are both in the hospital for various reasons, and it's looking like neither one is going to pull through. Going to be lucky to see either of them make it through the week.

Dave

Staff member
Motherfucker, why does my family meet tragedy in batches? My grandmother and my uncle are both in the hospital for various reasons, and it's looking like neither one is going to pull through. Going to be lucky to see either of them make it through the week.
Man that sucks. Sorry, dude.

Man that sucks. Sorry, dude.
Thanks man. I understand life goes in cycles, people live and then die. It's mostly the toll it's taking on my mother which has me worried. I know I'll get through it all relatively unscathed, but the last time nearly tore my mother apart and she barely kept it together. Mostly I just want to have the strength to be there for her should she need me.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to your family.

What most so called christians in this country have lost sight of is that Jesus taught people to love one another, and that God was the ultimate judge, not them. So your brother is really the only Christian in your family. *hugs*
That's pretty much EVERY religion (including Wiccan) but it seems that only the Christians and Muslims have lost sight of that fact.[DOUBLEPOST=1487527317,1487527156][/DOUBLEPOST]
My wife just got similar news. The only person in her family that she is close to (her grandpa) was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years ago, and just in the past few weeks she found out he has bladder cancer, and the treatment they are giving him for that is at the "keep him comfortable" stage.

Here's hoping that it's one of the variants that has already been cracked and has the keys freely available out there.

--Patrick

It's complicated, but I'm posting in this thread and not the minor rant thread, so suffice to say the backup protocols could perhaps have been a smidge more rigorous.
Agree to pay the ransom, but have your worst translator send instructions on how to collect the payment

It feels like my world is crumbling around me and I'm powerless to stop it.

To put it bluntly, work is in a death spiral, and I can't fix it. In order to provide care for mom, it's likely that will preclude paying the mortgage, meaning foreclosure and loss of the house. Putting me and the cats out on the street.

Oh yeah, that means having to find new homes for them. Four about to be 10 year old cats.

My sister is trying to put a spin on it as a chance to finally get the hell out of WV for good and move to Pittsburgh. All I see right now is I'll be lucky to not be both jobless and homeless in a few months.

(ETA: I forgot to mention the dental work I need. One tooth has go go, another needs a crown, and a couple more need filled. Insurance will cover some, but not all.)

The car is now registered and insured in my name so Medicaid can't touch it.

Once upon a time, I joked to @GasBandit during one of the employee churn periods at his office that I could probably get up to speed within just a couple of weeks.

That is now looking like a viable option. :Leyla:

Could they handle what would basically be an older, grayer you, just with opposite politics? :troll:

GasBandit

Staff member
The car is now registered and insured in my name so Medicaid can't touch it.

Once upon a time, I joked to @GasBandit during one of the employee churn periods at his office that I could probably get up to speed within just a couple of weeks.

That is now looking like a viable option. :Leyla:

Could they handle what would basically be an older, grayer you, just with opposite politics? :troll:
Heh, unfortunately, all we're looking for right now, I think, is sales execs... how are you at selling advertising?

Are you looking to move to Texas specifically, or just GTFO West Virginia? The West GA area has plenty of hotels, housing/food are cheap, and we have hipster vynil stores :p

Are you looking to move to Texas specifically, or just GTFO West Virginia? The West GA area has plenty of hotels, housing/food are cheap, and we have hipster vynil stores :p
That was more "hey, I know someone there who might know somebody who knows somebody," which could perhaps make it a little easier if I had to make a move.

Comments in facebook about my province after the election:
  • Stupid manabas you deserve to sleep in tents.
  • You deserve a tsunami and a mega earthquake as japan so they will take thousands of you damned sheeps.
  • What can a fucking cripple for the country?
I forgot about the historical animosity between the coast and the highlands (sierra).