Rant VIII: The Reckoning

On the forum, we only see tiny slices of a person's life, but a strobe light can still reveal things that aren't normally visible.

I'm slightly disappointed I'm not in this list. I want to know what I project, too!
Also I can see why you'd think that about @GasBandit, but I would've said "Furry," not "Zoophile." There's a big difference.

There's plenty of literature on this exact thing. Groups, in aggregate, are often more right than individuals. EDIT: Looks like you've already heard about this.
And in this specific case, there's no guarantee that stumbling onto the "correct" diagnosis now doesn't automatically mean that the previous diagnosis was wrong at the time it was rendered. Brains/personalities/etc aren't static.

--Patrick
I had furry there originally, but just extended out furry to zoophilia through some mental reasoning I won't get into ;)

@PatrThom is a pathological introvert.[DOUBLEPOST=1469567603,1469567497][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please, no "I told you" type of stuff. Please?
They weren't right though. I think everyone's just glad you could have a frank and open chat with your doc. My counselor often accuses me of filling dead space with words/musings/nonsense/talking too much and exploring too many options. I'm a little envious of your compartmentalization.

I had furry there originally, but just extended out furry to zoophilia through some mental reasoning I won't get into ;)

@PatrThom is a pathological introvert.[DOUBLEPOST=1469567603,1469567497][/DOUBLEPOST]

They weren't right though. I think everyone's just glad you could have a frank and open chat with your doc. My counselor often accuses me of filling dead space with words/musings/nonsense/talking too much and exploring too many options. I'm a little envious of your compartmentalization.
*sigh* Let me reiterate.

PLEASE. NO "I TOLD YOU SO" TYPE OF STUFF. Okay? PLEASE? I don't need this shit rubbed in my face. I'm already having a hard enough time coming to grips with this.

Please, no "I told you" type of stuff. Please?
This wasn't/isn't a competition. This is a family (of sorts), and we're going to punch each other from time to time. It's what families do. I hope you get the help you need, Nick. No matter what kind of help it is. Even if that means taking a break from the forum for a while. Just come back when you're ready.
@PatrThom is a pathological introvert.
Hey now, introversion isn't a pathological condition.

--Patrick

This wasn't/isn't a competition. This is a family (of sorts), and we're going to punch each other from time to time. It's what families do. I hope you get the help you need, Nick. No matter what kind of help it is.

Hey now, introversion isn't a pathological condition.

--Patrick
Anything can be pathological.

GasBandit

Staff member
YOU need MY post explained?? I still haven't gotten a straight answer on how all of a sudden I'm a furry/zoo. I mean, even in the-thread-that-shall-not-be-named, there was, like, only ONE semi-furry post, in pages and pages of filth.

YOU need MY post explained?? I still haven't gotten a straight answer on how all of a sudden I'm a furry/zoo. I mean, even in the-thread-that-shall-not-be-named, there was, like, only ONE semi-furry post, in pages and pages of filth.
I don't know who Joey Wheeler is, and a quick Google search explains nothing.
Also I have to get back to work now.

--Patrick

Look down at your unremarkable package.
Now look back up to your screen.
Now look at this:

Now look back down at your raging erection.

So some one, who needs to be hunted down and shot with a rusty nail from an old tetanus soaked nail gun, taught their Great Dane to blow their car horn when the owner is absent.

So some one, who needs to be hunted down and shot with a rusty nail from an old tetanus soaked nail gun, taught their Great Dane to blow their car horn when the owner is absent.
Bet they'd stop doing that if their dog in distress were freed from the vehicle. Alternately, just call the police every time it happens.

Sadly, it looks like Canada doesn't yet give citizens the right to save distressed dogs from enclosed vehicles, so you'd be doing this at your own risk...

I didnt even know that was a thing. Are you sure its @GasBandit who is the Zoophile? o_0
DuckDuckGo isn't specifically for zoophilia searches, it's just a private search engine that doesn't track any of your results, so you can search for things you don't want google attaching to your profile.

So yeah... mostly zoo.

GasBandit

Staff member
DuckDuckGo isn't specifically for zoophilia searches, it's just a private search engine that doesn't track any of your results, so you can search for things you don't want google attaching to your profile.
Meanwhile, I hope whoever at google is looking at my search history is making this face -

Dave

Staff member
I don't have impulse control issues. You should see the shit I DON'T do! I only post about the things I do.

So :p

I assume for the privacy it offers, not merely because of the name.

--Patrick
I don't know zoophiles' search engine of choice, I was making light of its name. It seems to be popular in my local area among tech-savvy people; I use it maybe once a month.

For actual zoo content, 8chan or sundry unlisted *boorus would probably be more reliable sources.

Internet's out at home.
Earliest tech appt is Noon.
Good thing I have the day off tomorrow so I can conveniently wait at home all day.
RRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH.

--Patrick
(yay for tethering)

Got up early for a night off. Like, 10pm. Hoped to get a quick breakfast and get out for a bit.

Turns out everything I wanted to do was either closed already or would be by the time I got there.