Rant VIII: The Reckoning

An assault from my wife's father on her culminating in physical therapy for the next month led her to decide to finally cut him out of her life.

But then her mom begged her not to, and even though we know it's the best thing for my wife, it's really hard to just brush away someone who's begging. What her mother doesn't get is this isn't about this one time--it's the last straw from over 25 years of abuse.

To top if off, her father sent her an email on an unrelated issue. I asked if my wife wanted me to screen it and just paraphrase the info, which she did. Pretty much two pieces of advice in the middle of several sentences of insults. He is so out of touch with the concept that the people around him have lives and feelings apart from him. It is beyond him to ever acknowledge wrongdoing on his part and I think that's really why she wants to be done. He refuses to get help, refuses to stop drinking, refuses to respect her as a person. There is no purpose for him in her life.

And I know seeded under this, why it's so hard for her to stop it, is because she wants there to be a positive change, she wants acknowledgment of her autonomy and her feelings. It's easy for me to say "stop caring what they think" when I know that's what's chaining her, because it's easy for me to not care what someone thinks, but this is something she's never gotten from him and never will. He cannot see a world beyond himself.
I don't suppose you guys want police involved, because an assault that leads to physical therapy sounds like something they should be involved in.

I don't suppose you guys want police involved, because an assault that leads to physical therapy sounds like something they should be involved in.
We have enough for at least a restraining order, but she doesn't want to and I wouldn't feel right going behind her back or against her will on it. She's afraid her family will alienate her. Personally I don't think family like that is worth having, but not up to me.

That's where the rant side comes in. It's out of my hands.

Wifes labs came back bad. At the hospital for an emergency ultrasound. They are probably going to make her abort the pregnancy because the baby is in the tubes instead of where is suppose to be. If there is a God either he's evil for allowing things like this to happen or impotent and unable to change things.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It's not an ectopic pregnancy (good news) but her hcg (pregnancy hormone) levels are really low 78 when they should be at least in the 700s. Have to possibly talk to the doctor? Idk he already called in abortion meds but we might not need them? Idk still in the ultrasound.

The gestational sack is showing her to be 4 weeks instead of 5.4 weeks not sure why it's smaller. Still I waiting game.

Back home. Doctors not sure. Might still be ectopic might be an early miscarriage and there's a small chance everything will be ok. More labs on Monday and the doctor has the abortion drug on standby in his office so.. Yeah.. Not looking good for the home team :(

GasBandit

Staff member
Back home. Doctors not sure. Might still be ectopic might be an early miscarriage and there's a small chance everything will be ok. More labs on Monday and the doctor has the abortion drug on standby in his office so.. Yeah.. Not looking good for the home team :(

That whole situation sucks, man. Sorry :(

At the er. Looks like she's miscarrying. I feel bad because I already made my peace with this because I figured it was going to happen since Friday. Blah.

YOU CANNOT BE FUCKING SERIOUS! I got an email today to remind me that it's time to register for winter semester. I checked my account and they STILL HAVE A HOLD FOR A MISSING TRANSCRIPT! It's been sent to them 3 fucking times! Whoever is in charge over there needs to be fired, rehired, and fired again.

Cajungal

Staff member
YOU CANNOT BE FUCKING SERIOUS! I got an email today to remind me that it's time to register for winter semester. I checked my account and they STILL HAVE A HOLD FOR A MISSING TRANSCRIPT! It's been sent to them 3 fucking times! Whoever is in charge over there needs to be fired, rehired, and fired again.
It's comforting/sad to know that university staff is incompetent no matter where you go. That's why I sat out for so long too. Oh, and they made me renew my letters of recommendation after being out for one semester. I was at the same teaching job; they wanted the same people to resend their letters.

Dave

Staff member
Get a copy. Take it to them physically. Wait until you have someone to hand it to. Get a receipt. Make sure your academic adviser is aware of all of this. If they STILL don't get it in, request that your adviser enroll you anyway. They can do that. Trust me. They can.

Get a copy. Take it to them physically. Wait until you have someone to hand it to. Get a receipt. Make sure your academic adviser is aware of all of this. If they STILL don't get it in, request that your adviser enroll you anyway. They can do that. Trust me. They can.
They won't accept a copy. It has to be an original, sealed, official transcript. One of the three times they were sent a fax by the other college's registrar just so I could get enrolled for fall semester. I was told it had to be in by the second semester or else I could not enroll again.
I can't get it sent to me because they only send unofficial transcripts to former students. I already wrote to my college's admissions, who are the ones that have placed the hold, and CC'd my adviser and the head of the social work school so they would know this is still a problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1446056655,1446056547][/DOUBLEPOST]The only thing I can figure is that this transcript is in my maiden name and it's confusing the poor dears.

Oh this is gold. They're waiting for my final transcript from that college. I didn't get a degree. I took two classes. One was an incomplete because I just stopped going. Yep, the one grade and incomplete is as final as it gets.

Oh this is gold. They're waiting for my final transcript from that college. I didn't get a degree. I took two classes. One was an incomplete because I just stopped going. Yep, the one grade and incomplete is as final as it gets.
There are not enough facepalm.jpg's in the world for that much idiocy.

Every time I apply for a promotion etc here I have to provide proof of my university degree and professional certification. Even though they would have had that back when I started, I couldn't have my current job without it, they pay m dues each year and the degree was needed to start the professional program. Yet, they need both each time...

My day therapy case worker gave me a long questionnaire to answer. Basically my life history, including questions about my parents, siblings, school, etc. It's really kicking my ass right now.

fade

Staff member
I just realized no one ever challenged me for proof of my credentials at my current job. I guess my name is reasonably known in the geophysics world, but still, I could've been two kids in a trenchcoat.

The scary part is that although HR is some picky, I have only been asked to produce ID once when going to audit someone. No one should let someone look at that kind of stuff without asking me for ID.

The scary part is that although HR is some picky, I have only been asked to produce ID once when going to audit someone. No one should let someone look at that kind of stuff without asking me for ID.
As you know, I work in security. As you may expect, we have internal inspection, and the inspectors check all kinds of places for all kinds of reasons - this could be because an officer asked for a check-up because he suspects some agents are goofing off during work, or because we had reports of a drunk agent, aggression, bad workplace conditions, checking up on procedures, making sure passwords are adequately secure, what have you. On every site we monitor, there's a folder with instructions, and in each of those folders, there's a list with name and picture of each inspector allowed to visit that post. In any case of doubt, and in all cases where they want to check keys/passwords/sensitive information, agents are required to contact us to verify the person in front of them is actually an inspector, and actually allowed to check that site, and so on. We sometimes send out former inspectors or new (and yet unknown) managers and such to try and get a look. They always succeed. By far most security agents will just open up and let you in if you have the right look and a badge, no matter if it's the right badge, or if it's still valid, or whatever. It's appalling.

Dave

Staff member
Don't say shit like that. The last time we called someone a free ranged chicken I got threatened with a lawsuit.
Yes. A few years ago there was a sue-happy fella from Australia. In one of our threads, someone said (in the defense of the sue-happy fella, no less), "They could call him a free range chicken and that wouldn't make it so. He's a free range chicken!!"

A couple months later I get a letter stating that he was going to sue and that I was to turn over all my user data so he could go after them as well, including those who included the statement in their quotes. I told them I'd take the "offending" post down and that in no way was he getting any of my user information. He again threatened me and I told him to pound sand. Didn't hear anything after that.[DOUBLEPOST=1446154329,1446154219][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's an old thread where we talked about it. Some of the links are no longer good. Sorry.

https://www.halforums.com/threads/happy-lawsuit-thursday.22399/

Last edited:
Yes. A few years ago there was a sue-happy fella from Australia. In one of our threads, someone said (in the defense of the sue-happy fella, no less), "They could call him a free range chicken and that wouldn't make it so. He's a free range chicken!!"

A couple months later I get a letter stating that he was going to sue and that I was to turn over all my user data so he could go after them as well, including those who included the statement in their quotes. I told them I'd take the "offending" post down and that in no way was he getting any of my user information. He again threatened me and I told him to pound sand. Didn't hear anything after that.[DOUBLEPOST=1446154329,1446154219][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's an old thread where we talked about it. Some of the links are no longer good. Sorry.

https://www.halforums.com/xenforo/threads/happy-lawsuit-thursday.22399/
10/10 recommend reading that thread. :D

EDIT: Seriously, I've been having a rough one and that made my fucking day.

Last edited: