Rant VII: Now With 25% Less Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fuck. Oh fucking fuck.

This happened here yesterday. Five shot dead, another wounded, and a woman run over with a car. They released the names this afternoon.

I worked with the shooter on the front desk here. He was fired last fall, but nothing, nothing suggested he was capable of something like this. In fact, he seemed to be the sensible one in the relationship he was in at the time.

I got nothin'.

I was painting the house today about 2 hours ago and the paint dripped off the brush above my head, directly into my right eye. Glop. I was on the second story of the ladder.

I hadn't seen him since he left the hotel last fall, but nothing suggested this was going to happen. Local news is repeating some of his last Facebook posts. That was not the guy I worked with.

A lot of men have a "break" when they lose their job. Since work is so tied up in one's identity. I wish that these people would seek help instead.

What I can gather from the bits and pieces just emerging is he was turned down for the military very recently. And his girlfriend just had a baby.

They're gonna paint him as a monster. That couldn't be further from the truth. Not the guy I knew at the time.

Dave

Staff member
What I can gather from the bits and pieces just emerging is he was turned down for the military very recently. And his girlfriend just had a baby.

They're gonna paint him as a monster. That couldn't be further from the truth. Not the guy I knew at the time.
Nice guys can do monstrous things. I feel your pain, but I know some guys who I thought were good people do some fucked up things.

Example: Buddy of mine in the Marines raped and killed a woman. While he was raping her she got scared and shit on his hand...so he crushed her head with a rock. And this was a guy I called my friend and thought there was no way he could have done it. Then he sent his wife a letter from his jail cell rubbing it in that he did it and telling her she's lucky he didn't do the same to her.

Truth is, we can't know what was going on behind his eyes but rest assured the guy that acted was not the guy you worked with.

GasBandit

Staff member
The truth of the matter is we are all one really, really bad day away from becoming something you would be horrified to contemplate.

M

makare

Depending on the time of year it wouldnt take much. Around Christmas people shoot each other over parking spaces or the latest hit toy.

Only 108 days til Christmas!!

I've learned more about the kid. Geez what a life. In the state CYS system for nearly his entire life. Convicted of felony armed robbery a couple years back over $2. Had been on meds for bipolar disorder, and other meds for another condition caused psychotic episodes.

A Facebook group was created for some of the people who knew him to try to come to grips with the situation. Naturally the press and others are using that group's existence to demonize his friends and family without ever knowing one thing about him or them beyond what was in the news Tuesday and Wednesday.

Went for Jets speech check up today. Speech pathologist is concerned. He is saying words, complicated words even! However, he lacks eye contact or cohesion in what he saying.

A few hundred question later and She's sending me to another doctor to have him checked for autism.

I thought he was just normal for a kid that hasn't been around another children his age. Has everything I have been proud of been a side effect of..this?

So PA is experiencing some major flooding. All goddamn day at work people were talking about their routes to get home in case bridges get flooded. I wouldn't mind it so much if this one girl wouldn't have kept interrupting me every two minutes on which way to go. Look, you've got 6 hours before you have to worry about it. Relax and actually do your damn work at work.

Yes. So I guess I'll need to buy some tuques for the winter.

By spring I should have a head of curly hair, at least the African American women at work hope so. But now I can play Curly.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes. So I guess I'll need to buy some tuques for the winter.

By spring I should have a head of curly hair, at least the African American women at work hope so. But now I can play Curly.
After my grandfather's chemotherapy (at 65), his hair grew back in, but it DID grow back in Curly. Just sayin'.

My hair does curl when I let it grow to my collar.

But what really has me pissed off today... a subcutaneous zit in my nose. I look like W.C. Fields right now. And it shows no sign of popping.

GasBandit

Staff member
My hair does curl when I let it grow to my collar.

But what really has me pissed off today... a subcutaneous zit in my nose. I look like W.C. Fields right now. And it shows no sign of popping.
My grandfather's was never that long that I saw, but his grew back in curly right from the scout.

And OHMIGAWD I have a nose zit right now too. Or rather I did have one two days ago, it DID pop, and now it's just reeeeeeeeaaaally taking its time healing up. Good thing I work in radio.

M

makare

meh. This summer I helped someone deal with a boil. The stuff that came out if it looked like chocolate milk. No kidding and the smell was like a rotten buffalo carcass.

Status
Not open for further replies.