RANT IV - A New Angst

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFG, BFG, BFG can suck my dick.
Fuck you Beeeeeee ef Geeeeeeee.
Making me wait on hold for 45 minutes only to transfer me to another department for 45 more minutes of holding. Fuck you for making me jump through hoops to prove that something I had shipped to you had actually arrived. Fuck you for making me call back several times with proof of delivery and all my information with UPS. Fuck you for, after all this, SUDDENLY finding it two fucking weeks later. Fuck you for your horrible fucking cards that burst into flames every couple of months. Jesus, Fucking, Christ.

Damn! Contrary to what their website says, the voice-acting school does NOT offer financial aid, and it's really expensive! Sucks, because I really want to take the other classes. I mean, one of them is taught by Launchpad FUCKING McQuack!

Thanks. I heard positive visualization was a good technique so I tried it.

I knock her out with cane: :slap:
I choke her to death with hadaka jime: :Leyla:
Her kids: :aaahhh:
Mr. ZM: :clap:
Me: :twisted:

I feel better now.

ZenMonkey said:
Thanks. I heard positive visualization was a good technique so I tried it.

I knock her out with cane: :slap:
I choke her to death with hadaka jime: :Leyla:
Her kids: :aaahhh:
Mr. ZM: :clap:
Me: :twisted:

I feel better now.
:thumbsup:

In ranting news, I hate myself and my complete inability to talk to girls in any other way but as striving to become good friends and nothing more.

Cajungal

Staff member
That's why I always reach for someone else's property when I'm mad... the the cell phone I've been trying to kill for 3 years.

P

Philosopher B.

I threw my watch out of a moving vehicle into a snowbank once. That turned out okay though, since it's better if I don't have a watch, on account of I have this nervous tick where I have to check it every single time I come into a room for the first time.

I hate my teacher. He's annoying. He's the first prof at my school since I started to sound like he's God's gift to Students. He's the smuggest bastard I have ever had to listen to. Not to mention his homework load is utterly ridiculous. Yes, it's a master's level course, yes we can do it, but what is wrong with you to give us so much work that means NOTHING to anyone. We aren't learning from it, just struggling to please your egotistical ass.

This is getting ridiculous. I haven't slept much the past few days (due to some parties/barbecues, work, whatever). I'm bushed, but I can't go to sleep becauseI keep milling over this girl I spent half the evening talking to at one of those forementioned barbecues. Just general talking, nothing really special, but, eh, well, anyway. I'm not madly in love or anything, but anyway.
I do know her sort via via, we haven't really hung out together much before, and, wel, it was sort of obvious that we spent most of the evening together. Unfortunately, this was certainly in large part because I was making a point of t alking to her and hanging around her (as in, choosing a location to sit i nthe cirlce around the campfire which happens to be next to her, blahblah. Not creppy stalkerish but probably pretty plainly obvious. I can't do "subtle").
Anyway, since I can't actually get to sleep because I'm thinking of her, I decided to kick myself in the metaphorical groin and send her an e-mail. And I don't mean some sort of incredibly deep love letter, just a relatively general "hey, I had fun last saturday with you, how about we go out and do something fun one of these days" thing. Just can't get it on paper. It either comes out reading horrbily desperate, horribly negative and self-defeating, or ridiculously flowery and over-the-top. I'm not yet so stupid that I don't recognise that "I know you'll reject me, but..." is a bad opener for a latter. Which hasn't stopped me from writing that in 4 or 5 different incarnations by now. :eek:rly:
Gah! This isn't anything difficult! Silly thing to get all worked up over. I'm sure that, to many people, this'd have been a two-line letter sent in 5 minutes, tops.
*sigh*

Oh well.

addendum:
a) I know most of my posts here are actually bawws/whines and not rants. I guess I could take them to a blog, but, eh, well. Sorry if it annoys some of you
b) I actually sent the mail. Whoo. I guess it could count as a win, if only i didn't feel that great sense of I-just-did-something-horribly-stupid-oh-god-why-did-I-do-that.
c) In the end I went with pretty literally just those two lines up there. May not be the most inspired or moving, but...Well, anything I added just made it worse.

My damn dog killed another one of my guinea chicks. It was my last damn one, this is the third he's gotten. For some reason he'll leave the adult ones alone, but loves to go after the little ones. I can't really blame him, he was raised a bird dog and they do kinda look like grouse when they're young. They sure as hell don't when they get older though, ugly things. It's fucking frustrating though. That dirty old egg-suckin' dog.

:Leyla: @ Texts that arrive out of order, and not until after you have replied, completely changing the context of the conversation.

It's fairly minor in this instance, but one of these days it's really going to mess me up.

Now I need to go apologize to my mother.

Good thing that thousands of years of evolution has seen to it that she has no choice but to love me!

Crone said:
must learn to watch what i say around the house now...

/embarrassed
Heh. Yesterday, I was stressing out while getting the kids breakfast and packing lunches, and I hear my three year old boy say "Dammit daddy. Dammit". That's the same one I got busted on when my daughter was that age.

Dammit.

Crone said:

/embarrassed
When someone makes a mess around my 2-year-old daughter, she'll occasionally let out a nice, slow "Oh, SHIT!" :facepalm:

Cajungal

Staff member
Thanks a fucking bunch, LSU Residential Life.

I had 18 hours scheduled at this one desk--6 hours over 3 days. I get there today, and the Res Life Coordinator says "Oh, didn't you get the updated email? We're closing the desk this week!"

I didn't. I check my email 5 times a motherfucking day. That's money I really needed, and now my next paycheck will only be for 10 hours. They ALWAYS screw me like this in the summer. They're so disorganized. If the job wasn't so goddamn easy and if I didn't suck at being a waitress I'd have quit a long time ago.

:explode:

Espy said:
Sorry Cajun... that's not just annoying but all kinds of illegal.
It's probably not worth your time, nevermind the money, but if your employer fails to let you know that you are not needed and you go ahead and work as per your normal schedule, the employer may still be liable for those hours. Employment laws are very strict on this sort of thing.

-Adam

CynicismKills said:
I'm stressed, I'm lonely, and I'm tired all the time.

I think I want to go home.
If you need to talk, chime in on the podcast tonight. Even if you don't like football it'll be fun.

M

Mr_Chaz

Jake said:
Crone said:

/embarrassed
When someone makes a mess around my 2-year-old daughter, she'll occasionally let out a nice, slow "Oh, SHIT!" :facepalm:
My little cousin couldn't say the word fork. It came out as something slightly less wholesome...

North_Ranger

Staff member
Feelin' kinda blue. I haven't been properly in touch with friends or game partners this summer, trying to work on my MA thesis. It's still in shambles, got about three weeks to hand it in... and today I got a nasty message from one online friend, basically handing me my ass for not being around.

It's easy to slip away... You think you'll answer in a day or two... then next week... suddenly it's been a month... and then you're just too ashamed to write back just to get told what an asshole you are.

*sigh*

P

Philosopher B.

Overheard my mother tell my father 'Didn't your mom teach you not to trust those dagos'.

I hate my parents.

AshburnerX said:
... what the hell is a "Dago"? I live in Ohio, so I've heard my fair share of racism, but I have NEVER heard that one.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tCnAKKjjk:11433hp5][/youtube:11433hp5]

Frankie said:
Italian I think.
yes. Italians. Seriously, I know Italian jokes but how can you hate Italians? Now that Mussolini is gone Italians are like the cool kids of Europe. They're the ones who will pick up beer for the underage countries.

Cajungal

Staff member
stienman said:
Espy said:
Sorry Cajun... that's not just annoying but all kinds of illegal.
It's probably not worth your time, nevermind the money, but if your employer fails to let you know that you are not needed and you go ahead and work as per your normal schedule, the employer may still be liable for those hours. Employment laws are very strict on this sort of thing.

-Adam
It's just so hard to deal with employers at a University. They don't really care about whether or not their workers are treated fairly. They don't want to "micro manage" (which is fair), but when people are constantly late for shifts and you've tried to stop it, they refuse to intervene or penalize. This one asshole was 15 minutes late every day last semester. I wrote out countless incident reports that were never answered. If something like this changes, the easiest thing for me to do is just take it, unfortunately, and be glad I don't work in a hot kitchen full of guys who tell dead baby jokes and grab their crotches (I'm not trying to be insulting there. I'm speaking from experience.

I just could have used the 120$ or so I'm gonna be losing. I'm not in any kind of trouble, but damnit. :mad:

-- Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:01 pm --

Edrondol said:
Frankie said:
Italian I think.
yes. Italians. Seriously, I know Italian jokes but how can you hate Italians? Now that Mussolini is gone Italians are like the cool kids of Europe. They're the ones who will pick up beer for the underage countries.
I have no idea myself, and I haven't accepted this as true, but I've heard from friends who traveled that Italians aren't always very nice to tourists. Of course, I've heard the exact opposite too. People rarely need a good reason to rag on a group of people.

As a European, I resent the idea that Italians are in any way the nice guys. "I'm not racist, but" :)-P) Italians really, really aren't. They really tend to the close-knit in-groups who exclude others, they're usually loud and over-assertive, and stuff. They do tend to work hard and are fairly honest tax-avoiding-wise (well...compared to Belgians).

Anyway, at least the rejection letter was kindly worded. Grmb :tear:

Oh, and Ranger: I know the feeling. Be careful. Friends are important, it's worth sucking it up and just being the asshole for a while if they'll take you back, really.

Edrondol said:
CynicismKills said:
I'm stressed, I'm lonely, and I'm tired all the time.

I think I want to go home.
If you need to talk, chime in on the podcast tonight. Even if you don't like football it'll be fun.
Thanks for the invite, it's appreciated. I don't know if I'll get a chance or not, supposed to be doing something tonight for once. If I don't though, I'll pop in if I get everything working for it.

S

Singularity.EXE

Long post. This is my booklist for this semester.

EVELINA (P)
BURNEY
ISBN:9780393971583
RAdd?
New $20.00
Store Location:
Used. $15.00
(Save $5.00 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:
OK to SubstituteNo Substitutions

FANNY HILL
CLELAND
ISBN:9780140432497
RCurrently Not Available Online

FRANKENSTEIN (ED HINDLE) (P)
SHELLEY
ISBN:9780141439471
RAdd?
Used. $6.00

JOSEPH ANDREWS-SHAMELA (NEW INTRO KEYMER) (P)
FIELDING
ISBN:9780192833433
RAdd?
New $9.95
Store Location:

LOVE IN EXCESS
HAYWOOD
ISBN:9781551113678
RAdd?
New $18.95
Store Location:

MANSFIELD PARK (WITH NEW INTRO STABLER) (P)
AUSTEN
ISBN:9780192802644

MILLENIUM HALL
SCOTT
ISBN:9781551110158
RAdd?
New $19.95
Store Location:
Used. $15.00
(Save $4.95 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

MOLL FLANDERS (WITH NEW AFTERWORD BY BARRECA) (P)
DEFOE
ISBN:9780451529855
RAdd?
New $5.95
Store Location:

MONK (ED MACLACHLAN) (P)
LEWIS
ISBN:9780140436037
RAdd?
New $11.00
Store Location:

OROONOKO, THE ROVER & OTHER WORKS (ED TODD) (P)
BEHN
ISBN:9780140433388
RAdd?
New $12.00
Store Location:
Used. $9.00
(Save $3.00 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

PAMELA
RICHARDSON
ISBN:9780199536498
RAdd?
New $9.95
Store Location:

ROBINSON CRUSOE
DEFOE
ISBN:9780141439822
RAdd?
Used. $6.00

SENSE & SENSIBILITY (REV) (P)
AUSTEN
ISBN:9780199535576
RAdd?
New $6.95
Store Location:

ENGL4250, 1- UC Denver Fall 2009
AS I LAY DYING
FAULKNER
ISBN:9780679732259
RAdd?
Used. $9.75

ATONEMENT (P)
MCEWAN
ISBN:9780385721790
RAdd?
Used. $11.25

DUBLINERS (P)
JOYCE
ISBN:9780141182452

INTERPRETER OF MALADIES (P)
LAHIRI
ISBN:9780395927205

LABYRINTHS (WITH NEW INTRO GIBSON) (P)
BORGES
ISBN:9780811216999

MRS DALLOWAY / HARVEST
WOOLF
ISBN:9780156628709

PALE VIEW OF THE HILLS
ISHIGURO
ISBN:9780679722670

STRANGER (TRADE ED) (P)
CAMUS
ISBN:9780679720201

THINGS THEY CARRIED (P)
OBRIEN
ISBN:9780767902892
RAdd?
Used. $11.25

ENGL4500, 1- UC Denver Fall 2009
ARTHURIAN ROMANCES (TRANS KIBLER) (P)
DETROYES
ISBN:9780140445213
RAdd?
Used. $11.25

BEOWULF: PROSE TRANSLATION (P)
HOWE
ISBN:9780393974065
RAdd?
New $12.00
Store Location:
Used. $9.00
(Save $3.00 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

CANTERBURY TALES (V1) (ED MANN) (P)
CHAUCER
ISBN:9780140422344
RAdd?
New $18.00
Store Location:
Used. $13.50
(Save $4.50 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

DIVINE COMEDY INFERNO
DANTE
ISBN:9780553213393
RAdd?
New $6.95
Store Location:

EVERYMAN & OTHER MIRACLE MORALITY PLAYS (P)
ANONYMOUS
ISBN:9780486287263
RAdd?
Used. $1.50

LE MORTE DARTHUR
MALORY
ISBN:9780199537341
RAdd?
New $16.95
Store Location:
Used. $12.75
(Save $4.20 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

SIR GAWAIN & THE GREEN KNIGHT
BORROFF
ISBN:9780393976588
RAdd?
New $17.50
Store Location:
Used. $13.25
(Save $4.25 off the New Price)
Substitution Options:

ENGL3050, 2- UC Denver Fall 2009
ROOM OF ONE'S OWN (ANNOTATED & INTRO GUBAR) (P)
WOOLF
ISBN:9780156030410
RAdd?
Used. $11.25

SAMUEL JOHNSON IS INDIGNANT (P)
DAVIS
ISBN:9780312420567

SOC2462, 2- UC Denver Fall 2009
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY (P)
ROHALL
ISBN:9780205440047