RANT IV - A New Angst

Status
Not open for further replies.
AshburnerX said:
None of my local theaters are going to be showing Ponyo! GOD DAMN IT! First Howl's Moving Castle, now THIS?!
I didn't realize it was limited release.

You'll be pleased to know that I've got a few local theaters showing it - feel free to visit.

-Adam

I sent LordRavage's contest books off on the 2nd (again). This time I made sure that it was labeled right and the postage was there. It appeared at my house again today marked "Undeliverable". :facepalm:

God damn it. Third time is a charm?

You know, it's just plain clear and obvious. Those books don't want to end up with him. They're magically against being sent to that guy. Try giving them to someone else. Best make sure it's someone far away from Lord Ravage, say, on another continent. :whistling: :tongue:

The toilet at work got plugged today after I took a dump. :angry:

I won't go into the details, but it involved me plunging like a mad man and water coming back up through the vent in the floor.

Sometimes I hate one of my friends. I'm sure you know the type. Always making insinuations and suggestions about things that obviously didn't happen. Damn him.
As I said somewhere else, I just spent a nice day at the beach with a lovely lady. We talked all day, it went really well. Mind you, just friendly. Now, when e got home, we started chatting with each other over facebook (again) for a couple of hours, 'till he came in and chased her pretty much to bed with stuff like "ohh, can't leave each other alone, can you", and things like that.
Now I'm talking with her again, and here he comes, with "What happened at the beach, huh? When are you going to make your move? This is how me and my girl got started too, you know,...". :facepalm:
I don't know if anything is possible with this girl, I really don't. I do know that him saying things like that will ensure that it never will. :explode:

Bubble181 said:
Sometimes I hate one of my friends. I'm sure you know the type. Always making insinuations and suggestions about things that obviously didn't happen. Damn him.
As I said somewhere else, I just spent a nice day at the beach with a lovely lady. We talked all day, it went really well. Mind you, just friendly. Now, when e got home, we started chatting with each other over facebook (again) for a couple of hours, 'till he came in and chased her pretty much to bed with stuff like "ohh, can't leave each other alone, can you", and things like that.
Now I'm talking with her again, and here he comes, with "What happened at the beach, huh? When are you going to make your move? This is how me and my girl got started too, you know,...". :facepalm:
I don't know if anything is possible with this girl, I really don't. I do know that him saying things like that will ensure that it never will. :explode:
I don't have one of those guys in my group of friends.

Of course ... I don't have one of those girls either ...

Don't worry, you won't be losing your SUCKS Co-Founder soon, in my estimation. Somehow, our nice conversation about what Disney film we both preffered, and how I have a Disney she wants to see and hasn't seen yet (hurray), turned into a conversation on the flaws of Chrome vs Firefox, once he butted in. he's a nice guy, really, and we're very similar, him and I, but sometimes, I want to slap him silly.

figmentPez

Staff member
Kurtz you ignorant fool!

From his Twitter:
"@TregorySullivan I don't understand what rebel colors represent besides the positions of the confederacy. What else could it represent?"
"Unless the rebel flag represents jumping creek beds and outrunning the law, it's about racism."

There was more to the civil war than slavery you dope! It was about state's rights, mainly, and there were a lot more issues that led to war. *sigh* I'm not even much of a history buff, but it really gets to me when people don't even try to see that history is more than the stereotypes that get played up in pop culture.

I was honestly about to argue his side when I realized your statements had nothing to do with with the confederate flag. I feel dumb now.

Bubble181 said:
Don't worry, you won't be losing your SUCKS Co-Founder soon, in my estimation. Somehow, our nice conversation about what Disney film we both preffered, and how I have a Disney she wants to see and hasn't seen yet (hurray), turned into a conversation on the flaws of Chrome vs Firefox, once he butted in. he's a nice guy, really, and we're very similar, him and I, but sometimes, I want to slap him silly.
Oh my. Why don't you just avoid that guy. As much as misery enjoys company, I realize that SUCKS is a suicidal organization at it's core. If you can help it, you're not a member, and if you are a member and can help it, you'll get out as soon as you can.

*sigh* I enjoy the bachelor's life, but I do miss having somebody.

A

Andromache

I'm retarded. Officially.

I locked myself out of the house for 2 hours. Only to be let back in to discover that the patio door was still open from the morning. I can't even plead exhaustion, slept like a corpse last night.

I used to be a smarter person...

now I'm a tardparent.

Crone said:

I locked myself out of the house for 2 hours. Only to be let back in to discover that the patio door was still open from the morning. I can't even plead exhaustion, slept like a corpse last night.

now I'm a tardparent.
I had this happen, minus an unlocked door.

I had to hop the fence to our backyard, put a ladder on the side of the house, walk across the patio cover to my parents' bedroom window (the only unlocked one), force it open and pop the screen off.

Crone said:

now I'm a tardparent.
This happened to me when I was a nanny in Germany. The doors to the apartment locked automatically and I realized when I took Alex to the park that I left the keys sitting on the kitchen table. So I took him and Sara the doberman to Marienplatz and walked around for a few hours. I luckily had some marks in my pocket to get some lunch.

The best part? I don't speak the language so I was basically a stranger in a strange land.

Crone said:

now I'm a tardparent.
You should've broken into your own house and had a beer with the President.

Why does that disturb you? I'm very, very good with kids. And not in a weird, Chris Hanson way.

Edrondol said:
Why does that disturb you? I'm very, very good with kids. And not in a weird, Chris Hanson way.
I think it is in part the term 'Nanny' and then all the associations I have with that word, vs all the associations I have with you.

They don't mix well.

Garbledina said:
Edrondol said:
I think it is in part the term 'Nanny' and then all the associations I have with that word, vs all the associations I have with you.

They don't mix well.
I'm pretty sure this was Dave during his time in Germany:

I'm being written up at work for failing to keep up with my paperwork by the boss that chews us out every time he sees us at our desks not out writing tickets. I fucking hate my Staff Sergeant so much. I hope the fat fuck finally gets the diabetes he's working so hard to achieve. God, never would I have thought I would prefer working night shifts. Every time I get a stretch of days I know I'm in for days and days of grief.

Being written up really wouldn't bother me too much other than it can effect my choice in posting when my 4 years here are done. Blergh.

Frankie: ouch, I feel for you, I have a similar boss at work. It sucks.

Otherwise: same girl, different day, different Facebook convo, and once again, same guy who manages to turn the talk from the Perseids (falling stars) and our love of saunas, to a discussion on Quicktime vs Realplayer.

Why oh why do I even bother >_<

Bubble181 said:
Otherwise: same girl, different day, different Facebook convo, and once again, same guy who manages to turn the talk from the Perseids (falling stars) and our love of saunas, to a discussion on Quicktime vs Realplayer.
So you've got a guy actively sabotaging you, and you keep letting him into your conversations? Why?

Facebook. Public conversations.

But yeah, I wonder why I don't try to take it to private convos, too. Just scared I'll scare her off.

Of course, I'm so far into the friend zone by now I might as well just stop trying *shrug*

Bubble181 said:
Thank you, Ed! Quicktime sucks, doesn't it? :-P
RealPlayer used to be worse because of bloatware, but that's no longer the case. Quicktime has its good parts, too, but I tend to like RP.

RP is still somewhat bloated, but QT just as much - and RP isn't as aggressive towards your PC. I DONT WAT iTUNES DAMMIT. It's NOT just an upgrade for QT! :-P

S

Silvanesti

Fuuuuuuuck!

Summer is just about over.

I have to move my girlfriend back at the end of this week.

I fucking missed missed this place and you guys.

and uh thats about all i got that is ranworthy...

Ooooh! new smilies! :clap:

Silvanesti said:
I have to move my girlfriend back at the end of this week.
You have to move your girlfriend around? This isn't one of those Real Doll things is it?

You know what, forget I asked. As long as you're happy. And keep it to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.