RANT IV - A New Angst

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scarlet Varlet

Massive photoshoot this weekend and can't find my camera battery charger!
(I rather like going into a shoot with a full charge and knowing where the charger is aftward to top it off again.)

Tear apart everything in the flat and can't find it. :aaahhh: Last time I used it was .. :wha:

Finally locate it. Sitting in a basket behind my desk chair with a few magazines sitting on top.

Wheeeew! Now ... will I remember to keep it in the camera bag from now on?

A lot of my friends are having Girls' Nights tonight, and I am a Dude.

So my plans have kinda been shot to hell. Oh well.

P

Pojodan

People who insist on saying 'We'll always be together' or 'I'll be your friend no matter what' whom ultimately abandon you. :(

Talked to my friend who I'd been avoiding for a few weeks yesterday. Told her what was up and she refused to acknowledge any part she might have played in hurting me and instead tried to guilt trip me into saying it was all my fault. She also refused to acknowledge any of my efforts to make things right between us. In the end, nothing was accomplished and she still made me feel like crap.

At this point I need to decide if I'd rather have a friend who makes me feel like crap or no friends at all and feeling nothing again... and I'm having trouble deciding which is worse.

Found out 4.5 hours into my 8 hour shift that it was extended to 12 hours, as my only employee is too sick to come in. I don't mind him being sick or calling in sick, but I really wish my boss (the owner) would hire someone to cover these things that isn't a) a member of his family* or b) working full time elsewhere.

* This wasn't a problem in the first year or so that I worked here, but recently the nepotism is getting a bit thick, as I'm the only member of the staff who isn't a family member, and am also the only member who can't take vacations or get any time off.

On the plus side, I had already determined that I was going to tell the boss this week that I need to start looking for a job closer to home (I spend $200 a month on gas just commuting to work and back).

Edrondol said:
Without wanting to type everything out all over again...

blog.php?u=2&b=71

Be sure to check out the wonderful comments where I updated the situation.
Dude... that sucks. I think I was spoiled by my incredibly tiny high school graduating class (we had 17 people), because even though everyone had their own receptions to go to, I think I saw all of my classmates at my party as well, and several of us went to more than one party. The only thing that really sucked about that one was missing one of my best friends' wedding that she held the next day (because her family was already all in town for her graduation).

Edrondol said:

blog.php?u=2&b=71

that sucks :popcorn:

oh and before I forget

[schild=19,1,000000,C0C0C0:1iyjkrb6]Get a blog![/schild:1iyjkrb6]

C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Edrondol said:

blog.php?u=2&b=71

People have graduation receptions? I've never heard of such a thing.
Wow that sucks. I sense a lot of hostility between Ed and his brother.

Cajungal

Staff member
Old insecurities. I'm more angry at myself for being weak enough to let myself feel this way when usually I can push it away with good old fashioned logic. Bad Leslie. BAD! :slap:

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Edrondol said:

blog.php?u=2&b=71

People have graduation receptions? I've never heard of such a thing.
Wow that sucks. I sense a lot of hostility between Ed and his brother.
I'm less mad at my brother - they live a ways away and had just come home a couple weeks ago. The people I'm mad at are my nephews. Now you have to understand that I've done them a shitload of favors throughout the years and helped to raise them. In fact, less than a year ago I did my nephew's wedding ceremony & reception FOR FREE, saving them about $1000 in the process. I'd gone to both of their graduations and even given one of them a place to stay when they got kicked out of their father's house (sister's ex-husband). Hell, I got one of them a job DJing so he could get some extra money.

And THESE are the guys who blew us off.

AshburnerX said:
At this point I need to decide if I'd rather have a friend who makes me feel like crap or no friends at all and feeling nothing again... and I'm having trouble deciding which is worse.

You know, there is a middle ground in there somewhere. Just perhaps not with that friend.

Cajungal said:
Old insecurities. I'm more angry at myself for being weak enough to let myself feel this way when usually I can push it away with good old fashioned logic. *is nice to self and remembers that the head and the heart don't always communicate effectively, which is not cause for slapping oneself*
FTFY. :slywink:

Yeah, Ed, I have some relatives like that. It totally sucks.

I'm more mercenary about my family, though. I cut a lot of them out of my life a long time ago.

Cajungal

Staff member
ZenMonkey said:
Cajungal said:
Old insecurities. I'm more angry at myself for being weak enough to let myself feel this way when usually I can push it away with good old fashioned logic. *is nice to self and remembers that the head and the heart don't always communicate effectively, which is not cause for slapping oneself*
FTFY. :slywink:
[schild=21,1,000000,C0C0C0:3l81l8xl]HUGS[/schild:3l81l8xl]

@Dave: damn, that sucks :-(
@Jake: yeah, I never heard of those either :confused:
@Cajun: *cuddles*, Zen's right way too often in this sort of stuff.
@AshBurner: what Tin said...and also good luck on finding a (few) friend(s) who make you feel good about yourself and don't get you down.

Incoming manbaww/get-over-it-you-idiot thing, feel free to skip:

So it's been almost a year since me and the ex went our seperate ways, and I was sort-of getting over it. Not really all's well in Bubbleland, but, you know, not continuously feeling bad and insecure about it.
So, she came by here a while ago, since I have a shower, and internet, and food, all of these little things she doesn't have at her place, which she wanted to use. Fair enough. She ended up staying for 3 days, sleeping in my bed, watching 9 movies together (Die Hard trilogy, PotC trilogy, Narnia,...), and talking about our respective problems in life and all that. Some pretty messed up things about her which I'll skip over because, you know, I've decided to put a bit less personal information of her on the net, but anyway, yeah.
Now, of course, I'm waaayyy back to the hurting about it, feeling crappy, hurting myself, blahblahlbah phase. I honestly don't love her and wouldn't want her back in my life, but why in the hells do I open myself up like this for the pain she causes me? I shouldn't care what she does anymore, who she does it with, when, or whatever! Gah! Why am I back to feeling jealous and insecure and inadequate?

/manbaww

Also: my boss is trying to save money by putting us alone in day time, starting tomorrow. That means there'll be one dispatcher for 12 hours i nthe day, and three at night. I admit the day is calmer than the night, but really, it's moronic. We're dealing with lives and safety concerns here, I'm still flippin' allowed to take a bathroom break or go eat something, right? This just can't work properly! GAH!

Bubbles, whether or not you are in love with her is immaterial, because yes or no, it hurts you to be around her. Unless you wanna make a go of it you need to tell her she can't come around here no more.

So, as some of you know I was recently divorced. All is going well the paper work goes smoothly...until it comes to finance. I turn in the paperwork to adjust my BAH to single rate from married rate, and the paper work goes up smoothly. The the POG's in finance return the paperwork saying that I need additional paperwork to make the adjustment or I have to move into the barracks (it's a $1,700 pay cut). And to further compound the situation every time I get a paycheck I go $400 into debt with the Army which is bad because they tend to garnish it all in one paycheck. I am now effectively $1,600 in debt which could put me on my ass if they take it all out at once. RAWR I hate beauracracy!

W

Wasabi Poptart

I feel your pain, Doc. When my husband got back from deployment they paid him all the extras (hazardous duty pay and the like) all tax-free for 2 months after he got home. He'd file the paperwork to have it stopped and the papers would some how get lost by PSD. Then, when they fixed it they only took out part of the money. Suddenly a few months ago they took out all of the rest in a lump sum.

Now they owe us about $800 because they sent him to a conference and we had to pay out of pocket for everything. His travel claim has been filed twice now. We have yet to see the money.

B

Batdan

Car insurance company told me I was set to auto-pay with my credit card every month, then yesterday (June 1) I get a letter telling me they canceled my policy back on May 1 for non payment. Luckily I haven't had any accidents or gotten pulled over and had the cops check my insurance status. Thankfully I got it all sorted out today during lunch (apology from the rep included). Scary though to think something could've happened even though I thought I was ok.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Google was melting down again today. Couldn't find things and then had some really odd Javascript errors.

I used Yahoo which matches with all sorts of icky sites which have nothing to do with what I'm looking for, but will match. They're Honeypots which bring up pr0n and the sort of ads I get in spam. Left me feeling unclean. Google, at least when they work, filter most of that filth out.

Verizon admitted a couple years ago this area still has paper-insulated cables between the utility poles. So when it rains hard, like say, TONIGHT, the DSL connection goes into seizures until the rain passes. I'll have a minute of uptime, followed by 10 minutes of nothing. Rinse, repeat.

They KNOW it's broke. They've KNOWN it's been broken for YEARS. Just FIX THE DAMN THING! It's a university town, dammit!

W

Wasabi Poptart

I get to go for my glucose challenge test tomorrow morning. It should be loads of fun. I hate drinking that crappy orange syrup (the lab doesn't carry any other flavor). Fasting is a joy, too. :eek:rly:

You know all those stories of managers or players trashing the dugout or the clubhouse? That's how mad I am right now.

I grew up a Pirates fan. I started following them in earnest a couple years before they won it all in 1979. I stuck with them through the dark days of the '85 drug trials. I cried when Sid Slid. I grumbled but still cheered as they moved deeper and deeper into the wilderness since then.

But now, that's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more! They've traded Nate McClouth, their only All-Star from last year. A guy they signed to a big contract in February, saying he was a cornerstone as they moved forward, for a handful of minor-league prospects.

Basically telling the fans that it's already over for this year. A 17th straight losing season.

I live 75 miles away. Why should I spend even a dime to go see yet another 100-loss team?

C

Cuyval Dar

For the last time: I would not speak of or link to an illegal private server here. I like to think that I am more considerate of Dave and the future of this forum than that. Not to mention not wanting to have the FBI break down my door and have a million dollar lawsuit thrown at me.
All I want to do is kill Ewoks and Storm Troopers.

S

Scarlet Varlet

So much for people being all mellow out here in California.

Impatient, rude people even on a Friday.

Should suit people like that up and send them to Iraq so they appreciate the peace and security of the home country.

Cuyval Dar said:
For the last time: I would not speak of or link to an illegal private server here. I like to think that I am more considerate of Dave and the future of this forum than that. Not to mention not wanting to have the FBI break down my door and have a million dollar lawsuit thrown at me.
I hear ya, brother. No need to fear.

Edrondol said:
Cuyval Dar said:
I hear ya, brother. No need to fear.
Uhh... WTF is this all about?

S

Selgeron

I just moved in with my girlfriend who I didn't really want to move in with and was really unsure of. My niceness came and bit me in the ass- she has no where else to go and her family is woefully supportive. However now I'm afraid she won't be pulling her part of the rent and I'll end up being her entire support because she can't stand on her own two feet. Again. And the lease is for an entire year... What have I gotten myself into?

Status
Not open for further replies.