RANT III - Anything and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, right, I punched this old invalid lady in the mouth the other day, because she was taking too long to get on the bus. Man, you should've seen her!

..oh, fine. Pfooh.

Oth rant: damn. I finally start playing Fallout 2 (yes, 2). It's good, it's fun. Just one problem: it's a fucking FRENCH VERSION. I DON'T WANT O PLAY THIS GAME IN FRENCH. Grah!

:grrr:

I was at work the other day and a few people from my old job came in and invited me downtown to go out tonight. So my roommate, who also used to work with them, and I get to the place we're supposed to be and the line is massive. I call up my friend I'm meeting and he says he's on his way and when he gets there we'll figure out what to do. In the meantime my roommate and I decide to head to another place. After a while there we leave and head back to our original destination. We walk past a small group of people and one says "Look at these tools."

We ignore it and continue on.

About 30 seconds later the one who insulted us comes up from behind and punches my roommate with brass knuckles in the eye. He's this giant of a mother fucker. I mean he looks like a boss from a video game. Huge, dressed in camo fatigues, massive black combat boots, wiry orange facial hair and bald. I jump back and into the street, he looks at me and says "You'd better get on the ground or I'll stab you too!" I look him square in the eye and yell "WHAT THE FUCK!?" Then he turns back to my roommate and says
"Give me all your money or I'll stomp your head in!". Obviously he gives it to him and then they all start to walk away. He calls back "You'd better get out of here now or I'm coming back with my brothers."

Just fucking unbelievable.

Jesus, Far! That's horrible. Glad you weren't hurt and glad your roommate wasn't hurt worse though.

Wow, that's a helluva night, glad to hear it didn't get any worse.

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a shit about getting to know me?

CynicismKills said:

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a * about getting to know me?
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Other than a couple of coworkers that I don't mind talking to while I'm at work, I can honestly say that I haven't made a real life friend in over ten years. Not a rant, because I have an awesome wife and kids, but making friends is a bitch.

Fun Size said:
CynicismKills said:

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a * about getting to know me?
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Other than a couple of coworkers that I don't mind talking to while I'm at work, I can honestly say that I haven't made a real life friend in over ten years. Not a rant, because I have an awesome wife and kids, but making friends is a *.
Yeah, I'm not ready to give up on it yet, but it's really turning into a pain in the ass.

fade

Staff member
I'll agree with you there, Fun Size. I sadly admit I visit here as often as I do because most of my coworkers are decades older than me. It's really not easy to make friends in an academic environment when you're the young new guy. I treat my grad students like friends because they're closer in age to me than my colleagues.

Fucking Kaiser Permanente...

My stepmom and dad have had me on their health insurance plan for the past few years, but--when my stepmom's work plan changed providers--they dropped me because I'm not a dependent (previously the only requirement was that I be a full-time student). I shopped around, found a decent plan through Kaiser, applied, aaaaand...was turned down.

I was confused, because I've had no serious health issues in the past, am pretty much healthy, and just want something to cover my ass. I open the reason why, and see: "Unspecified dermatological disorder, unspecified circulatory disorder, heavy medication(s) in use" as the reasons behind my denial of coverage.

The bitch? The heavy medication was Prednisone, which was taken for two weeks for the dermatological condition (poison oak), and the 'circulatory disorder' was a varicosele a doctor told me was perfectly okay. The kicker? I specified ALL of them in the application.

The pain in the fucking ass, and the reason I'm so mad I can't see straight? I can't call, can't fax, can't simply tell someone they got it wrong and re-submit an online application. So I have to send a letter to Los Angeles and wait around six weeks to get a response from a fuck-up on their end while I'm uninsured for the first time in my life.

Fucking DIPSHITS.

Doesn't your school have a health plan you can buy into? They're not always great, but it's something.

Also, I'd assume that when you start grad school you'll get insurance, right?

Han-Sagan

Staff member
My Jehovas Witness family are refusing to come to my daughters first birthday. We've even offered to not call it a birthday, not have a cake, no singing or anything, but they just refuse to compromise.

Religion sucks. :devil:

B

Batdan

Han-Sagan said:
My Jehovas Witness family are refusing to come to my daughters first birthday. We've even offered to not call it a birthday, not have a cake, no singing or anything, but they just refuse to compromise.

Sometimes parents are the ones who act like little kids. Sheesh.

Han-Sagan

Staff member
Oh no, my Parents are coming, they're not JW's....its the rest of the family...sister, nephews nieces, cousins, etc.

Thanks for small mercies, I guess

Jake said:
Doesn't your school have a health plan you can buy into? They're not always great, but it's something.

Also, I'd assume that when you start grad school you'll get insurance, right?
Yeah; I won't be starting grad school til (at the earliest) fall next year. My school does have a plan, but it'd be about $250 for three months almost nothing ($3000 deductible, have to pay I think 30% of everything (including regular doctor visits) until I hit the deductible). My stepmom's talking to her work insurance and seeing if we'd be able to get a discount and add me onto the program they're currently on. I'm feeling better about it now, just a mix of spending half an hour navigating an automated system trying to talk so somebody (automated systems are a HUGE pet peeve of mine, especially when the, "Hit 0" trick doesn't work), and being fucked over through no fault of my own.

Han-Sagan said:

I hate when people are ignorant assholes, religious or no. Family's family, and their chosen god will always be there...first birthdays aren't.

Also, happy (early) birthday to the little one!

Han-Sagan said:

I'm so sorry. That must really hurt. Happy birthday to the spawnling!

My ferret is 10 and is losing the battle with life. I'm going to have him put to sleep tomorrow. I know it's the right thing to do but it still hurts so badly.

Rest in peace, little man.

Meraede said:
My ferret is 10 and is losing the battle with life. I'm going to have him put to sleep tomorrow. I know it's the right thing to do but it still hurts so badly.

:waah: Poor guy, but poor you too. Good for you for doing the right thing but of course it hurts.

*chokes up*

*hugs kitties*

Damn, this thread is hella sad today.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Meraede said:

*hugs* I'm sorry. When I had to put one of my ferrets to sleep it absolutely tore me apart.

Cajungal

Staff member
Han-Sagan said:

Sorry, I'm very ignorant about Jehovah's Witness beliefs. Why did you offer to not call it a birthday to try and get them to come?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Sheesh, I never knew that..... bummer. Sorry, and happy birthday to your kiddo.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Must remember to google for stuff I see on eBay. Sometimes people bid stupidly on there and the same item is available for a fraction in a web store. :confused:

So I come home from my job earlier this evening to notice that:

a) my laptop is suffering from the blue screen of death (This marks the second something of death that has occured to me this year - I got the red rings of death on my 360 before)

and

b) I have my FIFTH harassing e-mail within two days. This one stating that "I would urge all of you to re-consider attendance at the board meeting and to notify the Chairperson your confirmation of attendance for the meeting." (We were supposed to have an emergency meeting tomorrow night to deal with more BS but I e-mailed into them yesterday stating that I have an exam from 6-9pm (Hey, its finals season) and that if I finished early enough and felt confident in myself for my final the following day, I would attend.

But clearly that's not good enough. The rest of the e-mail reads as follows: "The board has made a grave decision in not meeting on Wednesday night at the request of students to solve an issue that is of utmost importance and is most sensitive to time. I have been asked by students to forward this email as a reply to the email that stated the emergency board meeting has been cancelled."

Last time I checked, I was a full-time student at my school, whose attempting to get a degree. But oh hey, I must have slipped and hit my head, causing me to forget that I'm the lowest piece of scum on the totem pole because I'm involved with the student union.

NOT impressed -_-;

Being ill is annoying enough, but contracting an illness on the account on a bite from a human fills me with such murderous rage, my veins are going to rupture.

I've been going through a bit of shit in the last few weeks, so to help myself deal with it, I bought a little note book to write thoughts in. Nothing particularly bad. Most of it is just things that I wish I could just tell somebody, or shitty attempts at poetry.

The other day I noticed that it, and my other less-embarrassing-but-still-sentimentally-valuable book of random interesting facts, are missing. Since I don't loose that kind of shit ever, I assumed I would find it when I tidied my living space.

Living space tidied, and no books. I also noticed that my iPod is missing, which I normally keep in the same pocket of my coat.

I almost hope that the stuff is stolen. I won't get the iPod back, but the thought that someone I know may have read the contents of my working-shit-out book fills me with dread.

Not that it was anything bad. It was just stupid crap that I'd rather not have associated with me, like:
"Falafels remind me of [Ex-girlfriend],"
"Why can't [My boss] just be straight up and tell me that he's looking to replace me?,"
And a draft or two of a note that I'll never send to a particular individual, explaining the reasoning behind some past actions that don't actually need to be brought up or explained.

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Being ill is annoying enough, but contracting an illness on the account on a bite from a human fills me with such murderous rage, my veins are going to rupture.
:bush: Dirty ghouls.

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Krisken, your brain is looking ever more delicous by the second. Can I nibble on your ear a little bit?
Trust me, there isn't much in there. I'm surprise I can manage basic motor function.

Krisken said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
Krisken, your brain is looking ever more delicous by the second. Can I nibble on your ear a little bit?
Trust me, there isn't much in there. I'm surprise I can manage basic motor function.
Oh, I see how it is. :waah:

Guess I'll look elsewhere. *shuffles off*

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Krisken said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
Oh, I see how it is. :waah:

Guess I'll look elsewhere. *shuffles off*
Go for Martin. I hear he has a juicy, chess-club brain.

I agree with Zen. Everyone in this thread (well, 'cept me, my night was pretty decent) needs a huge hug, a healthy dose of good luck and a good dose of health. Get yer prescriptions here, boys!

T

Twitch

I still have a job but I'm lucky compared to most of the new people to my district. They'll all "Get their jobs back eventually" which means the district expects them to sit around for now instead of finding work elsewhere. They're firing history teachers and dropping arts classes so that fine arts teachers can teach classes they're only qualified to teach in the loosest sense of the word.

Been here almost a month now. Still looking for a job, having a lot of trouble feeling like I'm fitting in, and my roommate is having his friends with benefits over almost every night to get those benefits. Being the third wheel every time I go anywhere with this group doesn't help either. Kinda feeling like moving was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.