Export thread

RANT III - Anything and Everything

Limit: 500

Scarlet Varlet

Well, that's effin' spiffy.

Now I find I can't get Guide Plus listings anymore because ATI switched. I hope there's a way I can get the listings from their new partner.

Krisken

Krisken

My internet is down, so I'm at Panera typing this. I don't know how long it will take Charter to fix it (and I hate dealing with them but it's worked great up until today), so I don't know when I'll be back. Fucking fuck that fucks a fuck.

Dammit.

Oh, and 3 of my 5 classes are online. Motherfucker.

Silvanesti

Im too motherfucking busy. :aaahhh:

Rubicon

leveling is a bitch in Archlord, almost as slow as WoW..

Cajungal

Cajungal

*groooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaan*

I'm so tired of this kid lit class. I wanna read grownup books! Grownup books! Not poems about funny cows and Gilly Hopkins or whatever the fuck this bitch is called.

:(

Krisken

Krisken

Fucking wireless router. Dammit all.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*pat pat* :( I'm sorry, Kriskens.

Krisken

Krisken

Well, at least I can connect now. I feel like a dick though. In the middle of the call to the cable company, just as we were finishing up, the phone died. Luckily, I was able to figure the rest out on my own. Stupid wireless. Maybe this time I'll get a router that doesn't suck balls.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Krisken said:
Well, at least I can connect now. I feel like a * though. In the middle of the call to the cable company, just as we were finishing up, the phone died. Luckily, I was able to figure the rest out on my own. Stupid wireless. Maybe this time I'll get a router that doesn't suck balls.
Dang. All my router does is let's me go online.

Kitty Sinatra

Fun Size said:
Krisken said:
Well, at least I can connect now. I feel like a * though. In the middle of the call to the cable company, just as we were finishing up, the phone died. Luckily, I was able to figure the rest out on my own. Stupid wireless. Maybe this time I'll get a router that doesn't suck balls.
Dang. All my wife does is let's me go online.
FTFY

C

Canary

I'm really sick and tired of being blamed for every single family problem. Yes, I'm messy. Shockingly enough most girls are messy in some form. But even with that I still have to dig for forgiveness in order to figure my life out for an effing stupid job to live with my stupid cousins who fucking hate me just so that it's convenient for everyone... Except me that is, but hey. Who cares about me? I'm just a 23-year-old bitch who doesn't know anything -_-;

God I hate family.

Anubinomicon

I was approved for a 300,000 loan for a house, but we can't afford that much right now. i guess i will have to settle for less :pirate:

Gusto

Gusto

Canary said:
I'm really sick and tired of being blamed for every single family problem. Yes, I'm messy. Shockingly enough most girls are messy in some form. But even with that I still have to dig for forgiveness in order to figure my life out for an effing stupid job to live with my stupid cousins who fucking hate me just so that it's convenient for everyone... Except me that is, but hey. Who cares about me? I'm just a 23-year-old bitch who doesn't know anything -_-;

God I hate family.
Girls are messy? And on the Internet!? :heythere:

Also, from another messy 23-year old living with family, you have my sympathy.

C

Canary

Gusto said:
Canary said:
I'm really sick and tired of being blamed for every single family problem. Yes, I'm messy. Shockingly enough most girls are messy in some form. But even with that I still have to dig for forgiveness in order to figure my life out for an effing stupid job to live with my stupid cousins who smurfing hate me just so that it's convenient for everyone... Except me that is, but hey. Who cares about me? I'm just a 23-year-old hillary who doesn't know anything -_-;

God I hate family.

:D It's like girls that play video games too! :heythere:

Gusto

Gusto

Canary said:
Gusto said:
Canary said:
I'm really sick and tired of being blamed for every single family problem. Yes, I'm messy. Shockingly enough most girls are messy in some form. But even with that I still have to dig for forgiveness in order to figure my life out for an effing stupid job to live with my stupid cousins who smurfing hate me just so that it's convenient for everyone... Except me that is, but hey. Who cares about me? I'm just a 23-year-old hillary who doesn't know anything -_-;

God I hate family.

WAT

THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN

:)

*continues eating steak with a side of nails*

Jake

Jake

Anubinomicon said:
I was approved for a 300,000 loan for a house, but we can't afford that much right now. i guess i will have to settle for less :pirate:
The banks just got a ton of cash pumped into them. They'll be handing out as much as they can, I'm sure.

Anubinomicon

Jake said:
Anubinomicon said:
The banks just got a ton of cash pumped into them. They'll be handing out as much as they can, I'm sure.
yeah all my credit scores and my wife's are over 750 with low monthly debt, we would have been approved for 500,000 but we don't make enough combined.

Cajungal

Cajungal

"The Real Folk Blues" popped up while my mp3 player was on random, and I got very, very sad.

GAH. I don't think I have any actual problem, but my emotions can be fucking crippling enough without responding to art and entertainment with the same seriousness as I would a real-life tragedy.

I'm walking along, enjoying my music, and the song comes on, Suddenly my shoulders slump, and I just feel so freaking down after having such a nice day so far. I hate gushing about stuff like this, because I'm reading it and it doesn't sound geniune at all. I feel like I'm posting a youtube comment.... "OMG SOOOO SSSADDDDDD!!!" (<---those extra consonants always bother me.... you sustain VOWELS, you fools, not hard consonants like that :explode: )

But yeah. You get what I mean? I'm glad that I'm an emotional person, but it's also very hard, especially when something as big-picture insignificant as a television show affects me like this. Doesn't help that I've been thinking about Uncle Joey all week either. I feel like a sham when people say I'm easy to confide in. I hope I'm not giving off some vibe that says I am strong.

I'm dumb. Cajun is dumb. :tear:

The PU Arcade on the main page is supposed to be set up now for NES ROMS. I should be able to plug in the ROMS and you guys can play old NES games. But the damned things don't work. AUGH! :aaahhh:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Don't feel bad CG. It doesn't matter how good I'm feeling, I always have to try to keep from crying whenever I hear "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2. It always makes me remember the one that got away. We can be wussy crybabies together. :waah: :p

M

Meraede

Some asshole Warrant Officer blows up at me in a mess meeting and expects me to apologize to him?

Fuck that!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Cheesy--thanks!

Maraede: Fuck that indeed! EGG HIS CAR! No, don't do that... but yes, definitely fuck it. Consider it fucked.

M

Meraede

Cajungal said:
Cheesy--thanks!

Maraede: smurf that indeed! EGG HIS CAR! No, don't do that... but yes, definitely smurf it. Consider it smurfed.
Especially since he's the head of the military police here on the detachment. :)

What he actually is is a stuck-on-himself, feels-like-he's-entitled asshole who's so caught up with his rank and position that I'm surprised he can get his cock through the doorways.

Thank the gods he's posted this summer. I swear, once the economy improves, I'm looking for another job that isn't part of the military. I've never met such a bunch of spoiled, whiny, self-indulgent children as military personnel, especially the one's who look down on civilians as something to wipe off the sole of their shoe.

Disclaimer: I don't consider all military members to be this way. Most of the ones I've met have been very polite, kind and courteous. I'm just ranting right now, so don't flame me.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Rant: No, I don't need a one touch $400.00 phone to tell me what the weather is, I can look out the !@#$!#$ window!

Warrant Officers: Too good for the enlisted men but not good enough to be even a 2nd Lieutenant.

I hated Warrant Officers.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sprint's On Demand: *click* "Text not available for the selected story"
*back* *scroll* *click* "Text not available for the selected story"

Rinse, repeat. What the hell? Just me or is this a wider problem?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Gusto said:
Canary said:

God I hate family.

From a messy 24-year-old living alone, it rocks. Get going already. Just be aware you'll suddenly be spending 90% of your free time housekeeping >_<

Kitty Sinatra

Bubble181 said:
From a messy 24-year-old living alone, it rocks. Get going already. Just be aware you'll suddenly be spending 90% of your free time housekeeping >_<
Not if you're messy.

-- Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:47 pm --

Gah! I cheat playing Simon but I'm not logged in so my high score doesn't credit me!

wait, did I say cheat? I didn't cheat. I swear. really.

M

Meraede

Edrondol said:
Warrant Officers: Too good for the enlisted men but not good enough to be even a 2nd Lieutenant.

I hated Warrant Officers.
I love you and want to serve you breakfast in bed. :slywink:

Body, I know you're just trying to protect me with this drama queeny overreaction to problems that don't even exist. However, let's just ease off with the swollen glands and fever, shall we? You may be busy tilting at windmills but I'm the one who keeps getting hit by the shrapnel. Chronic illness is a marathon, not a sprint, so just pace yourself and you'll still be happily tormenting me for many, many years to come. Deal? No? Fuck me? Yeah, pretty much what I expected.

M

Meraede

ZenMonkey said:
Body, I know you're just trying to protect me with this drama queeny overreaction to problems that don't even exist. However, let's just ease off with the swollen glands and fever, shall we? You may be busy tilting at windmills but I'm the one who keeps getting hit by the shrapnel. Chronic illness is a marathon, not a sprint, so just pace yourself and you'll still be happily tormenting me for many, many years to come. Deal? No? smurf me? Yeah, pretty much what I expected.
Eeek! I hope you feel better very, very soon.

This is a rant as well as my solution.

RANT: People who choose to have their meetings in the break room. Then when you enter they all stop and stare at you like you are intruding. I just walked in to get a bag of chips and a soda and they all stopped and looked at me. I recognized 2 directors, 1 guy whom I think is a VP and several other managers.

My Solution: I put my $2 back into my pocket, went back to my desk and started rifling through my change. I keep a little chest on my desk (yes, it looks like a chest you'd find in a dungeon) and I keep change in it. Whenever I go to lunch I pay with bills. When I get back I empty my pocket into that so that I don't clink when I walk around.

Anyway, I went back in. They stared at me and stopped their meeting. I proceeded to get a bag of chips ($.95) and a Mr. Pibb ($1.35) using nothing but nickels. Took me a while, too.

Bonus: The bag of chips got stuck so I beat on the machine until they fell.

:rofl:

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, Dave.

Zen, take care. :\

Krisken

Krisken

Edrondol said:
This is a rant as well as my solution.

RANT: People who choose to have their meetings in the break room. Then when you enter they all stop and stare at you like you are intruding. I just walked in to get a bag of chips and a soda and they all stopped and looked at me. I recognized 2 directors, 1 guy whom I think is a VP and several other managers.

My Solution: I put my $2 back into my pocket, went back to my desk and started rifling through my change. I keep a little chest on my desk (yes, it looks like a chest you'd find in a dungeon) and I keep change in it. Whenever I go to lunch I pay with bills. When I get back I empty my pocket into that so that I don't clink when I walk around.

Anyway, I went back in. They stared at me and stopped their meeting. I proceeded to get a bag of chips ($.95) and a Mr. Pibb ($1.35) using nothing but nickels. Took me a while, too.

Bonus: The bag of chips got stuck so I beat on the machine until they fell.

Don't they have rooms specifically for meetings?

Thanks Cajun and Meraede. *hugs* (don't worry, I'm completely non-contagious)

@Kriskin: Yes, but they must have been in use.

@Zen: Damn it, girl! You're supposed to be feeling fine all the time! Stay strong, girl.

Edrondol said:
@Zen: Damn it, girl! You're supposed to be feeling fine all the time! Stay strong, girl.
Ah shit. Someone sent out the opposite memo five years ago.

(Thanks, boss. :) )

C

Canary

Bubble181 said:
Gusto said:
Canary said:

God I hate family.

I've lived on my own for four years away at school (I have roommates, but whatever) and only have to stay with family when I decide that going home in a good idea (Which recently is never because my family irritates me). And then along comes a kick-ass job and I can't find anywhere to sublet -_-; fml

Gusto

Gusto

Bubble181 said:
GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, MONEYBAGS

Krisken

Krisken

Edrondol said:
@Kriskin: Yes, but they must have been in use.
Hm, I guess they should learn to better schedule their shit, eh?

My own rant. I hate Philosophy. Is there anything worse than looking up theories to understand the theories you looked up to understand the material you are currently reading? It's like needing to know from what region all your ingredients came from before understanding how to make your dinner.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Krisken said:
My own rant. I hate Philosophy. Is there anything worse than looking up theories to understand the theories you looked up to understand the material you are currently reading? It's like needing to know from what region all your ingredients came from before understanding how to make your dinner.
Yes. Make an infinite loop of looking up theories to understand theories that you looked up.

Also, sounds frustrating and time-consuming.

NOTE: The ensuing rant has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with Halforum or anyone who, as far as I know, reads or posts here, or used to on HP or Image. It is about an entirely different forum that is entirely un-geek-related.

I hope you autocratic bunch of hypocrites are happy with what you turned your "community" into. You have turned into everything that's wrong with the movement you claim to support. You have utterly become the very stereotype that I once believed you were fighting against. I guess both money and inertia are too seductive compared to the powerful feeling of achievement based on hard work and focusing on the fight. Fuck you all and enjoy licking each other's assholes until every right you take for granted is systematically destroyed. :finger:

They have pissed off the Cat Lady. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Gusto

Gusto

Edrondol said:
They have pissed off the Cat Lady. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Shit just got real.

In this case it really is serious business. Like life and death serious.

At least it puts Halforum in perspective. :moon: :zoid: :falldown:

Iaculus

... May we ask what this cause was?

Also, another 'get well soon' from the winged-reptile corner.

Hylian

Hylian

Man I hate the place my brother works at. One of the head people there has deemed it a rule that any time someone gets a personal call they have to get permission from her to talk them. Anyways I noticed I had a message from my brother asking me to give him a call. So I called his work and I was told they had to get permission for me to talk to him but the person who gives the permission was talking to someone so I ended up waiting on hold for 20 minutes before I had to hang up because I got another call I had to answer. :devil:

Iaculus

Oohboy, time for some grade-A dumpage.

Ever since my GCSEs, I have had progressively more serious issues with anxiety and depression, which were the primary cause of my spectacular number of A-level resits, among other things. This year, they grew so severe that I sought professional help outside of mere private tuition and suchlike. Unfortunately, genius that I am, I figured out that they were too much to deal with on my own only after I had effectively wrecked my first year at university and almost entirely retreated back into my room.

End result, I am repeating the year, feeling entirely drained of morale and willpower, and shouldering a quite irrationally tremendous degree of guilt for letting down my friends and family in the process. I am indeed seeking help, but the nervous aversion has reached the stage where it takes a tremendous measure of will to even book the appointments - and yes, that little detail fills me with the appropriate amount of self-loathing as well. Not only that, but several years of failure at adhering to timetables, research plans, and whatever other bright, shiny problem-solver has been suggested has left me with very little faith in a concrete solution - not least because psychological issues like this can only really be diagnosed though the subject's words, and I'm not really all that sure about the precise nature of the problem myself.

Fun.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm sorry. :( May I refer you to Gusto's hug thread?

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
GUSTO DELIVERS

*hugs Iaculus and NEVER LETS GO*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dear Kevin, there's such a fine line between sweet and scary.

Iaculus

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
GUSTO DELIVERS

But... but how will I go to the bathroom?

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
:waah:

-- Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 pm --

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
My heart, she is broken.

Iaculus said:
With your eyes closed very, very tight.

Also, *hug.*

strawman

strawman

Gusto said:
Canary said:
Gusto said:
Canary said:

God I hate family.

WAT

THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN

*continues eating steak with a side of nails*

-Adam

-- Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 pm --

Iaculus said:
Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
GUSTO DELIVERS

Trust me. You won't want to.

:Leyla:

-Adam

Gusto

Gusto

MY MANWICH!!

Scarlet Varlet

For years I've been pushing the concept of 'ownership' to people in various departments. Today it has become very clear, thanks to prior restructuring (prior to the massive one that's coming) that an entire department was gutted and nobody there has any clue what they did. After the restructuring, assuming I'm still where I work, I'll probably be the only one who knows anything about it.

Keystones. When they fall, look out.

C

Canary

So I get invited out to a hockey game tonight (Good fun and whatnot, no problem with that). And asked my roommate to answer the phone (A friend was waiting to borrow my keys). So I come home and the roommate passes along a message that said friend who needed keys had a massive freakout because I wasn't around (Heaven forbid I, y'know, have a life) to help her take apart MY ping-pong table for some dumbass event she's throwing tomorrow.

When I talked to her earlier today, she never said anything about me needing to be present to help her take apart the ping-pong table (She said I need to be here when she picks it up tomorrow - Which she knows I can't because I'm suck in meetings all day) and then freaks out later... Oy! Just freakin tell people lol... god I hate stupid people -_-;

Krisken

Krisken

Canary said:
So I get invited out to a hockey game tonight (Good fun and whatnot, no problem with that). And asked my roommate to answer the phone (A friend was waiting to borrow my keys). So I come home and the roommate passes along a message that said friend who needed keys had a massive freakout because I wasn't around (Heaven forbid I, y'know, have a life) to help her take apart MY ping-pong table for some dumbass event she's throwing tomorrow.

When I talked to her earlier today, she never said anything about me needing to be present to help her take apart the ping-pong table (She said I need to be here when she picks it up tomorrow - Which she knows I can't because I'm suck in meetings all day) and then freaks out later... Oy! Just freakin tell people lol... god I hate stupid people -_-;
Kick her ass, C-Bass!

C

Canary

Krisken said:
Canary said:

Kick her a**, C-Bass!
Trust me, it's going to be an option really soon... I can only deal with stupidity for so long (And I lived with her for eight months *headexplode*)

Gared

Gared

I will be so much happier once tax season is over. Our client runs online stores for about 50 different software companies that sell their software online (obviously). Unfortunately, instead of running the charge through so that your credit card bill shows what you purchased, or even the software company that you purchased from, you get a bill showing our client's name. Now, normally this wouldn't be so bad, because it has the full web address for our client, so customers can go to their website and see which software companies they support.

Unfortunately, the internet being what it is, people don't do that. They Google the name of our client and, instead of going to their website, read through all of the negative reviews from idiotic people who either a) never bothered finding out what they purchased through our client and are accusing them of fraud, b) had someone steal their credit card information and are blaming our client for the fraudulent orders, or c) can't bloody follow directions and so they never managed to install the software they bought. So now, instead of people calling and politely asking what they may have purchased that was processed by our client, we get angry people calling and demanding to know why our client is stealing their money... to which we look up the purchase and politely inform them that they bought legitimate software.

Now, I'm not saying that there are never fraudulent orders, there are. It's just about a 3% chance that the order is actually fraudulent. The rest of the time it really is either someone forgot what they ordered, or their IT department ordered something and forgot to tell them, or someone in their family ordered something and didn't tell them, or my personal favorite - the CEO's wife/husband/son/daughter used the corporate credit card to buy software for the home.

Luckily, once tax season is over people generally pay less attention to their credit card statements and these calls drop off dramatically. Oh, and there's about a 3:1 chance of the customer actually being satisfied when we tell them what they ordered. 25% of the time, instead of apologizing for their attitude or for the misunderstanding, etc., the customer demands to know why they weren't made aware that their charge would be going through our client instead of the name of the software company. I guess the four times during and immediately following a successful order aren't good enough.

Silvanesti

Anyone know what temp head and shoulders freezes at?

Well now I have a rough idea, thanks to my retarted roomates. Seriously, finding that our bathroom was a frozen fucking tundra was not what i wanted to discover during my lunch break.

and honest to god, my shampoo had frozen.

Chronos[Ha-G]

Silvanesti said:
Anyone know what temp head and shoulders freezes at?

Well now I have a rough idea, thanks to my retarted roomates. Seriously, finding that our bathroom was a frozen fucking tundra was not what i wanted to discover during my lunch break.

and honest to god, my shampoo had frozen.
*Raises hand*

Question...umm, how!?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Rant: I lost my Skor bar!

HCGLNS said:
Rant: I lost my Skor bar!
I approve of this rant. Skor are awesome. Sorry you lost it.

Kitty Sinatra

I stole some schmuck's Skor bar, but it melted in my pocket.

Silvanesti

Chronos[Ha-G said:
]
Question...umm, how!?
They have a talent for the idiotic.

Sometime last night (im assuming it was then) they opened not only the bathroom window, but cranked up the skylight (god knows why) and then left it. We got down to -19 last night, with snow and all that fun.

cut to me, comming home for lunch and when i go to do a quick shave, finding that giant amount of stupid.

Im fucking moving out. ASAP

Scarlet Varlet

Wait 4 hours for someone to come in and review my work so I can certify it.

When do they show?

Half way through my lunch. :eyeroll:

LittleSin

LittleSin

Replaced the hard drive, worked for 10 hours, went down again now Dell is telling me it's a mother board problem. I have to ship the whole damn thing back to the depot and wait 10 days for them to fix it then ship it back.

Rage...rising.

Shouldn't they be knocking money off my bill for this crap?

Far

Far

This past year has been such a god damn shit show. I moved out here to save money for school but in the process have effectively lost all of my friends back home and, as I'm completely terrible at meeting people and making friends, have yet to make any new ones. There are people at work that I talk to but no one I'd be interested hanging out with afterwards.

My Grandmother, my Grandmother's friend who I've known since before I can remember and my dog all passed away in this time, when I'm here on the other side of the country. My Grandmother's passing may partially even be my fault(I visited in the summer and she wouldn't go to a doctor until I had gotten back and she had seen me.)

The money that I had saved up until that point went to buying plane and train tickets so that I could attend her funeral. At the same time there were several problems going on with my job which culminated in me leaving. The whole time this is going on I'm having to move out of the city and into a suburb, with higher rent that I couldn't really afford but a room to myself instead of sharing a cramped living room with my brother, making it that much harder for me to meet people.

Then we hit January and my Mom loses her job making the rent for an apartment I couldn't afford that much more expensive as my brother and I either cover her rent or end up homeless. Mid February comes and despite her getting several new jobs she never sticks with them for longer than a day or so. Now we've been pushed back into an apartment with a friend of hers that moved here before we did in which I again have to share a living room as my bedroom.

At the beginning of this month my Mom tells me that she plans on driving back home to visit and to renew her drivers license. Where she got the money and audacity to do this without having had rent for the past 2 months is beyond me but despite me telling her that it's a terrible time for it right now she goes anyway. A few days ago I get a phone call from her telling me that on the way back her car got totalled(which is how she was trying to guilt us into paying her rent, because she drove us places despite it being my brother and I who are paying for all the gas for the car anyway.) and now she's stuck in Winnipeg waiting for insurance money that won't come because she was driving without a god damn license.

Oh and once she does finally get back here she'll say " Well I didn't live here for 3/4 of March so I don't owe rent."

TLDR VERSION: Shit is fucking shitty.

Silvanesti

shit, im so sorry man.

Nile

Nile

-manhug-

Hylian

Hylian

hope it all works out ok :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

:tear:

First Trigun, then Cowboy Bebop, then Gurren Laggan.... (spoilers for all below)

[spoiler:blec6khr]Why does my asshole boyfriend keep exposing me to shows where the lovable, tenacious guy dies?! :waah:[/spoiler:blec6khr]

Cajungal said:
(spoilers for all below)
That was awesome -- I quoted this so I could say I'm sorry about whatever brought on the rant but thank you much for the spoiler tags.

And then I was reminded you can see the spoiler text when you quote.

(only my catlike delete-button reflexes saved me from my own stupidity...THIS TIME)

JONJONAUG

Cajungal said:

First Trigun, then Cowboy Bebop, then Gurren Laggan.... (spoilers for all below)

[spoiler:r22adj8r]Why does my asshole boyfriend keep exposing me to shows where the lovable, tenacious guy dies?! :waah:[/spoiler:r22adj8r]
Because that's that character's job [spoiler:r22adj8r]and I wouldn't call any character voiced by Sho Hayami "lovable and tenacious"[/spoiler:r22adj8r], he mostly does "freaking badass" roles and you have a bit of yaoi fangirl in you if you think otherwise...so you should go watch Devilman and satisfy those urges if you want to hear him in a role made for that kind of thing.

Seriously, after watching Trigun all I could think was "Devilman and Leeron have adventures, what?".

Iaculus

Cajungal said:

[spoiler:h86wpy4n]Why does my * boyfriend keep exposing me to shows where the lovable, tenacious guy dies?! :waah:[/spoiler:h86wpy4n]
[spoiler:h86wpy4n]To be fair, Gurren Lagann has 'em in buckets. Kamina was pretty awesome, though, if a bit lacking in the grey-matter department.[/spoiler:h86wpy4n]

Wasabi Poptart

Far said:
TLDR VERSION: Shit is fucking shitty.
You're not kidding! Wow. Sorry to hear you're going through so much crap. I hope something in your situation changes for the better soon.

Scarlet Varlet

4 artichokes and only crummy beer. I needed one more bottle of Orangina. :(

C

Canary

*sigh* This week just gets better and better.

So being a super nice person, I lent out the ping-pong table that my house purchased at the beginning of the year to a friend who was hosting a ping-pong tournament. I lent her my keys (As I couldnt be present for her to take the table apart and return it later and put it back together) as well.

So I come home around 1230 tonight from a meeting to find that my ping pong table has been returned... But not in the condition it left in. It was not put together properly, leans to one side, is missing a wheel, has a broken wheel (That was fixed with duct tape) and the net and a paddle are missing. The person in question (Whose the same dumb bitch from my last rant) NEVER said ANYTHING in the MSN message she left me saying that I could call her when my meeting finished to pick up my keys.

What a week -_-;

So now I have to report the damage to my boss and include pictures and figure out wtf to do.... *sigh* hate my life!

Gusto

Gusto

Man what in the fuck.

Wasabi Poptart

Dear motherfucker who put holes in my tires,

If I ever find out who you are I will eviscerate you, inflate your entrails, and use them as my spare.

Have a nice day. :explode:

Ratfucking spammer taking up my whole Saturday.

Cajungal

Cajungal

THANKS, Dad, really. It was nice of you to corner me in front of everyone at a family gathering that I organized and nag me again about not getting my Masters degree. Thanks for cornering me and enlisting my sister to join the fight until I had to retreat to the bathroom. What a wonderful Saturday night with family. I'm so glad to have that hovering over my head on top of everything else.

Iaculus

(applies the walrus hug to all in this thread).

CAUTION: Consumer experience of the walrus hug may vary. Common side-effects include suffocation, barnacle abrasion, unpleasant blubbery sensations, and smelling of fish for up to twelve hours after the event. If you encounter any of these, don't say we didn't warn you.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Rant: There was no earth-shattering kaboom. There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom. Delays, delays.

Fucking spammer! Yes, that guy. He came on our site & put a link to a fucking child porn RAPE VIDEO!! No, I did not click to verify that that's what it was, but holy fucking God, man!

Gusto

Gusto

I can only sleep when I DON'T WANT TO. :bush:

Gared

Gared

Sigh... figures, really busy day and then call volume drops off completely. Random slow period? Nope! Phone systems are offline.

Bubble181

Bubble181

To all: ouch. Hope things get better soon.

Me, I had a pretty fun weekend hanging around, going walking with friends, tasting new beers, meeting cute girls (all taken, but still), driving through some very nice landscapes, adventure hike stuff in good weather, and bonus hot friends in bikinis. Yup, pleasant all around. So I won't nag :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

For those who can't see my facebook.....

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CALL REESE'S CANDIES "REESIES." GRAGGBHHGLL, LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE READING BEFORE YOU SAY IT!

-Leslie, who never learned to pick her battles ^_^

LordRavage

I bit the inside of my cheek the other night. I tasted blood and I think I took a bit of flesh. Now talking and eating SUCKS! The left side of my face is swollen. :grrr:

Why was I programmed to feel pain? Why? :waah:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awwww, that is the worst.

@#$%$!%$@ #%@!%! #@%#^@%!!!!!!!!

...I am going to be cringing for the next however many years whenever I hand my new driver's license to someone.

Fuck you, DMV camera. :finger:

strawman

strawman

ZenMonkey said:
@#$%$!%$@ #%@!%! #@%#^@%!!!!!!!!

...I am going to be cringing for the next however many years whenever I hand my new driver's license to someone.

smurf you, DMV camera. :finger:

/me giggles

-Adam

If only it were that good.

Scarlet Varlet

Taking another shot at doing an animated gif tonight. Time consuming, but doing much better with Imageready than I have before. I think I'm getting the hang of it, keeping layers organised by frame is a bit of a task, though.

Gared

Gared

Rant 1: This April Fool's Day is full of boring and fail.

Rant 2: Customers who call in for a very serious reason (i.e. they believe they have a fraudulent charge) and refuse to give me the information that I need in order to look them up (we use first 4 and last 4 digits of a card number to look up an unknown charge) and then ultimately either lie about the information, or "forget" to tell us that the charge went through a different vendor first (like PayPal).

Rant 4: Customers who do everything in their power to try to find some way around licensing agreements. Yes, this is sometimes possible. No, this is not possible with certain of the products we support without getting your hands on another serial number. No, I will not tell you how to get your hands on another serial number unless you are buying a legal copy of the software.

Rant 5: Customers who are told 5 to 7 business days but still call every day wanting to know why they haven't received their refund yet.

Rant 6: There are too many customers to rant about today, and the fact that I need a damn cigarette is not helping the situation.

Y

Yankeegal

They let some tea-colored people into my golf club.

Gared

Gared

Yankeegal said:
What kind of tea? Black tea, eh, no problem. Red tea, eh, no problem. But god help me if they let green people in there's gonna be a serious butt whoopin'.

Bizarro Gusto

Yankeegal said:
Those assholes.

Kitty Sinatra

When new programs add themselves to the Windows Start Menu, why isn't the shortcut right there on the smurfing Start Menu? Instead, it gets put inside another friggin folder, hidden among readme files, uninstall, update and web page shortcuts. How the smurf is this convenient?

Start putting the program shortcut on the main part of the start menu! Arrrgh.

Scarlet Varlet

Everything is going according to plan... :ninja:

C

Canary

-_-; I take headache medication in order to PREVENT headaches body. Not so that I can wake up the following day in a foul mood BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER HEADACHE!

*headexplodes*

Bizarro Gusto

Canary said:
-_-; I take headache medication in order to PREVENT headaches body. Not so that I can wake up the following day in a foul mood BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER HEADACHE!

*headexplodes*
Well if your head keeps exploding it might explain the pain.

Shakey

Shakey

Stupid April Fools.

You though it was spring? Guess what happened overnight? April fools!

You thought all the computers at work were working? A power surge decided to hit the building and we now have 4 dead surge protectors and 2 dead UPS (one of which actually started smoking). I had to spend the whole morning plugging in surge protectors to see which ones were tripping our breakers.

C

Canary

o.o; Totally looks like my backyard right now. 30cm of snow in 9 hours in not cool.

Also, my roommate is SO dead >< She organized this HUGE joke for my RA (Resident Assistant) to walk in on me right after I started changing from my shower ;_; I've never been so mortified. And JUST when I didn't think it was going to get worse, my RA (Whose male) goes '...Nice rack.' and walks out -_-;

Bizarro Gusto

Canary said:
o.o; Totally looks like my backyard right now. 30cm of snow in 9 hours in not cool.

Also, my roommate is SO dead >< She organized this HUGE joke for my RA (Resident Assistant) to walk in on me right after I started changing from my shower ;_; I've never been so mortified. And JUST when I didn't think it was going to get worse, my RA (Whose male) goes '...Nice rack.' and walks out -_-;
Pics or it didn't etc.

Gared

Gared

Shakey said:
Stupid April Fools.

You thought all the computers at work were working? A power surge decided to hit the building and we now have 4 dead surge protectors and 2 dead UPS (one of which actually started smoking). I had to spend the whole morning plugging in surge protectors to see which ones were tripping our breakers.
Yep. Been snowing here for at least the last hour. It's not accumulating at all though, and probably won't. Local mountain passes, on the other hand, are expecting 18 inches today and tonight. Long live the ski season.

C

Canary

Bizarro Gusto said:
Canary said:

Pics or it didn't etc.
You can have pictures of the snow, for sure. If there would have been a camera involved in the prank, it would have been smashed and burned long ago.

Scarlet Varlet

I had 2 TV converter coupons. The exiry date was yesterday. I completely forgot to use them once I had my paycheck. :eek:i:

I'm now in the queue to get replacement coupons.

I had not watched TV since December, when I F'ed up my drivers and couldn't find the ATI install CD.

Not sure I'll use these converters much, so rarely is there something I need to see I can't find streamed on the net.

Silvanesti

I can't find my fucking old avitar. damnit.

Scarlet Varlet

Silvanesti said:
I can't find my smurfing old avitar. damnit.
That the one with the fighting dinosaurs? Ask Adam, he seems to copy them now and then for his graphics.

Silvanesti

Scarlet Varlet said:
Silvanesti said:
That the one with the fighting dinosaurs? Ask Adam, he seems to copy them now and then for his graphics.
oh! very good idea. Help me obi-wan adam

strawman

strawman

Silvanesti said:
Scarlet Varlet said:
Silvanesti said:
oh! very good idea. Help me obi-wan adam
You're a lucky, lucky little boy!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbbNCWZ2lvA:nwfcnhhl][/youtube:nwfcnhhl]

-Adam

Silvanesti

Thank you so much! man, it feels like home.

you sir:

http://i39.tinypic.com/11lu5qr.jpg

Gusto

Gusto

I am exhausted and it's quarter after 8.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Same here, but I've been awake since 3 in the morning. :bush:

God damn fucking crap.

FUCK IT.

SO SICK OF THIS.

:explode:

Yet another one gone to shit.

(obligatory "this is not a Halforum thing" disclaimer)

@Li3n

@Li3n

Shakey said:
Stupid April Fools.

That looks awesome... it's a sin not to go play in it... this winter sucked, i didn't get to go anywhere...

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Canary: consider the alternatives. Him saying "nice rack" and walking out is amongst the best possible outcomes.
He could've:
a) said "eww, you' butt-ugly" and gone outside
b) continued to just stand there and stare
c) try to insinuate himself

Which are all worse, no? Still, kill your roommate. No jury will convict you.

As for headaches: join the club. Three years and going of non-diagnosable headaches. It's not my teeth, my eyes, tumors, dislocated neck joints, stress/tension, inflamed neck or jaw muscle, or anything my doctor can think of. Huzzah :confused:

Math242

Math242

i went through that. I sorta changed my life and it all went away

Cajungal

Cajungal

AUGH. My psych class is about to start. There's some kind of physics class before this that's 99% men, and it always smells bad in here after they leave. :angry: Axe and Febreze don't count as taking a shower.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
AUGH. My psych class is about to start. There's some kind of physics class before this that's 99% men, and it always smells bad in here after they leave. :angry: Axe and Febreze don't count as taking a shower.
Ugh!

Quite the opposite. :bush:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Rant: Why?!?!?!?

Silvanesti

Cajungal said:
wut? thats all you need! *sprays on more axe* I don' see the problem.

-- Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:10 am --

HCGLNS said:
Rant: Why?!?!?!?
Why not!!!!!!!!!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Cajungal said:
Creepy observation from Engineering School: Sometimes, bad B.O. smells like beef stew. Specifically, Dinty Moore beef stew.

That is all.

Wasabi Poptart

Fun Size said:
Cajungal said:
Creepy observation from Engineering School: Sometimes, bad B.O. smells like beef stew. Specifically, Dinty Moore beef stew.

That is all.
I always thought it was rotten onions and yeasty bread smell. Close enough to Dinty Moore, I guess.

H

hudeany

Went out for a walk today and seen at least five people that were probably on the dole, junkies or just plainly bad people. Yet I come home to find out that a friend, a genuinely good person, has died.
Fuck that noise.

Scarlet Varlet

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
Ugh!

I once played quite a lot of Table Tennis at a recreation center. That is until some people from the Middle East used it. See, it's a cultural thing that many from this region don't bathe often, as water has historically been scarce where they came from - so they apply various substances, none of them flowery and unmanly, to cover things up. Works well most of the time, unless they break a sweat, then those little bacteria and yeast spore responsible for body odours have more to feed on and produce their stinky compounds. The recreation center required considerable airing out. It was horrible.

Silvanesti

Scarlet Varlet said:
Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
Ugh!

I once played quite a lot of Table Tennis at a recreation center. That is until some people from the Middle East used it. See, it's a cultural thing that many from this region don't bathe often, as water has historically been scarce where they came from - so they apply various substances, none of them flowery and unmanly, to cover things up. Works well most of the time, unless they break a sweat, then those little bacteria and yeast spore responsible for body odours have more to feed on and produce their stinky compounds. The recreation center required considerable airing out. It was horrible.
yeah, but they used hardcore stuff like frankensense (sp?) and sandlewood and amber, not shit like axe.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Silvanesti said:
yeah, but they used hardcore stuff like frankincense and sandlewood and amber, not * like axe.
For a special night with a special lady, shouldn't you smell your best?

Shouldn't you smell like...the baby Jesus?

One out of three wise men agree...

Gusto

Gusto

Fun Size said:
Silvanesti said:
yeah, but they used hardcore stuff like frankincense and sandlewood and amber, not * like axe.

I often rub my armpits with gold but no one ever notices...

strawman

strawman

Gusto said:
Fun Size said:
Silvanesti said:

Infomercial said:
You're gonna love my pits!
-Adam

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Fun Size said:
Silvanesti said:

I noticed. It's just that now you look like a sparkly vampire, and I didn't wanna hurt your feelings.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
Fun Size said:
Silvanesti said:

I noticed. It's just that now you look like a sparkly vampire, and I didn't wanna hurt your feelings.
*doesn't bite you, or display emotion at all*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Wow. You sparkle, you're not drinking my blood, AND you're really boring. You must be a vampire.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
Wow. You sparkle, you're not drinking my blood, AND you're really boring. You must be a vampire.
I'm also obliquely good-lookin'.

Anubinomicon

i'd like to thank all the banks who foreclosed homes in my area and didn't winter proof them when the tenants left. I can't wait to see what surprises await when going to find a house.

Silvanesti

i fucking hate apartment searching. FUCK.

Far

Far

Silvanesti said:
i smurfing hate apartment searching. smurf.

Silvanesti

Far said:
Silvanesti said:
You in the same boat or just think smurf is an awesome word (i do!)

Krisken

Krisken

I'm too stupid to figure out how to embed my LastFM chart on the site. Maybe I should just start misspelling words and drooling to lower expectations of others. :devil:

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
I'm too stupid to figure out how to embed my LastFM chart on the site. Maybe I should just start misspelling words and drooling to lower expectations of others. :devil:
hey, it works for me.

Krisken

Krisken

[/drool]

-- Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 pm --

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
hey, it works for me.
What really aggravates me is I went with the board and allowed it because it didn't highlight it. Fucking spell check.

Philosopher B.

People who use their horn needlessly piss me the FUCK off. I was going to school today down a long back road, it was beautiful and sunny, I was doing a comfortable 60 and relaxing, and some cheap-ass motherfucker beeps their horn at me like they're pounding their fist into it, and they zoom by like a goat with a bee up its ass! I swear, they must have been going 100 miles per hour, at least.

All I can think is they had some kind of medical emergency. Well, I hope they died before they got there. Okay, that's horrible. I don't hope they died. I do hope they step on a rake tomorrow, and it conks them out. :finger:

And then some other assholes beeped their horn wildly at me a couple days ago. Again, long stretch of road, everything going nicely, I start passing in the correct fashion, and they slam on their breaks and beep their horn crazily out of the blue. Goddamn crazy drivers!

The only time I've ever used my horn was to get some vultures out of the road.

Scarlet Varlet

Searching High and Low for a bill due two days ago. Found it. It's more than I expected. Have to pay anyway. :waah:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Friend moving away.

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
[/drool]

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
hey, it works for me.
What really aggravates me is I went with the board and allowed it because it didn't highlight it. smurfing spell check.
sorry man, i honestly didn't know it was misspelled (I don't think it is actually) i was just making fun of my own horrible spelling ability

Krisken

Krisken

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
[/drool]

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
hey, it works for me.
What really aggravates me is I went with the board and allowed it because it didn't highlight it. smurfing spell check.
sorry man, i honestly didn't know it was misspelled (I don't think it is actually) i was just making fun of my own horrible spelling ability
Ah, I see. I slow.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My boss just talked to me for 15 minutes about how hard it is for him to be the RLC of a dorm because:

"Their menstrual cycles sync up and they're all bitchy at the same time. Especially the RAs because they have to deal with the residents."

Then he talked to me about natural family planning and why I should be engaged. :explode:

C

Canary

Cajungal said:
My boss just talked to me for 15 minutes about how hard it is for him to be the RLC of a dorm because:

"Their menstrual cycles sync up and they're all bitchy at the same time. Especially the RAs because they have to deal with the residents."

Then he talked to me about natural family planning and why I should be engaged. :explode:
:confused:; wow it's like you just quoted the Res Life program at my school.... Except it's EVERYONE lol

Gusto

Gusto

*insert minor bawww/manpanda here*

Gared

Gared

Let's see.

Been at work for an hour? Check.
Been yelled at by 4 customers already? Check.
Had the remaining 9 customers refuse to follow directions or listen? Check.
Have to take a payday loan to pay rent because it's due on Sunday and even though I'm supposed to get paid the same day my company pays on the next business day instead of the previous when a payday falls on a weekend? Check.
Hungry and out of money? Check.
Nic' fitting and out of smokes? Check.
Have two teeth that need to be extracted and no dental insurance? Check.

God I hate Fridays.

Philosopher B.

I am operating on four hours of sleep. I can't decide if I should go back to bed now that I've been to school. I think my decision-making processes have been impaired.

Iaculus

Philosopher B. said:
I am operating on four hours of sleep. I can't decide if I should go back to bed now that I've been to school.
Lucky you.

Christ, but I hate SSRIs. At least the heightened anxiety hasn't kicked in yet. I think.

Gusto

Gusto

Philosopher B. said:
I am operating on four hours of sleep. I can't decide if I should go back to bed now that I've been to school. I think my decision-making processes have been impaired.
Coinflip says yes, go back to bed.

Anubinomicon

every friday i go to work on 3 hours of sleep quit your belly achin'! :quote: :heythere:

Silvanesti

Anubinomicon said:
every friday i go to work on 3 hours of sleep quit your belly achin'! :quote: :heythere:
3 hours of sleep?

quit your belly achin' I just punch myself in the nads over and over again to stay awake 24/7

Scarlet Varlet

They've put forth reduction measures. Lady I work with is going to have he job cut if it's approved. :grrr:

Jake

Jake

The guy I work with was just laid off. That leaves just the owners and me at our startup company. At least I'm indispensible*!

*for as long as the company is solvent, I guess.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ladies, a moment. Does any of you here think that 4:30 am on a friday morning, last night before spring break, is a good time to call your ex and tell him exactly who you're walking home with at that time, and how you intend to celebrate the beginning of spring break with this person? Bonus points if you think this person is a good friend of said ex boyfriend you call with this news. -_-

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm starting to think it was a mistake, and I'm fucking frustrated in ways I haven't been in years.

Fun Size

Fun Size

CynicismKills said:
I'm starting to think it was a mistake, and I'm smurfing frustrated in ways I haven't been in years.
You put it in the vacuum cleaner, didn't you?

When will people learn?

Gusto

Gusto

Fun Size said:
CynicismKills said:
I'm starting to think it was a mistake, and I'm smurfing frustrated in ways I haven't been in years.

When will people learn?
You should do a Public Service Announcement.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Gusto said:
Fun Size said:
CynicismKills said:

When will people learn?
You should do a Public Service Announcement.
I would, but I can't get this goddamned thing of my jock.

They were right though...nothing sucks like a Hoover.

Rob King

Rob King

I'm not one who searches for celebrity news, but I just read that a few weeks ago (March of 2009) Chris Rock expressed his desire to remake the film "Death at a Funeral."

Death at a Funeral was insanely funny, one of my favorite movies, and came out in August of 2007.

The film isn't even two years old yet, and the man has the gall to think it needs a remake? Two years is a reasonable wait between children. Two years is FAR too soon for a remake.

I know the Hulk got a quick remake, and there are a dozen other examples, but ... this one hits far too close to my heart.

And then I think about Hollywood seeming so stagnant, and uncreative, and I remember that Firefly got canceled, and it's enough to make me want to set fire to every network executive in the entire state of California. Just to be sure.

What the fuck is this shit?!

Scarlet Varlet

Bubble181 said:
Ladies, a moment. Does any of you here think that 4:30 am on a friday morning, last night before spring break, is a good time to call your ex and tell him exactly who you're walking home with at that time, and how you intend to celebrate the beginning of spring break with this person? Bonus points if you think this person is a good friend of said ex boyfriend you call with this news. -_-
Should have said, 'Oh, thank God you called here, his mum has been calling half the country all night, something important about a family member.'

Fair's fair.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Goddamn, some people need to fucking to die.

Catafish

what the fuck is wrong with people texting in a god damned movie theater, I mean if you're going to have the back light off and no sound go for it, but why the fuck do you need to hold your bright ass cell phone out in front of you, fucking blinding the people sitting behind you.

Far

Far

Silvanesti said:
Far said:
Silvanesti said:
You in the same boat or just think smurf is an awesome word (i do!)
Been in the same boat for nearly two and a half months now. No idea where we're headed in said boat but I do hope we get there soon.

phil

phil

god damn man...just had one of those days where the salt gets thrown right into the wound, you know?

of all the ways I expected today to play out, this was not even considered.

it did help me put some things into perspective though...so I guess there's a silver lining.

Mr_Chaz

Rob King said:
I'm not one who searches for celebrity news, but I just read that a few weeks ago (March of 2009) Chris Rock expressed his desire to remake the film "Death at a Funeral."

Death at a Funeral was insanely funny, one of my favorite movies, and came out in August of 2007.

The film isn't even two years old yet, and the man has the gall to think it needs a remake? Two years is a reasonable wait between children. Two years is FAR too soon for a remake.

I know the Hulk got a quick remake, and there are a dozen other examples, but ... this one hits far too close to my heart.

And then I think about Hollywood seeming so stagnant, and uncreative, and I remember that Firefly got canceled, and it's enough to make me want to set fire to every network executive in the entire state of California. Just to be sure.

What the fuck is this shit?!

What the fuck man? What the fuck? Remaking a modern, non failure of a film? Death at a Funeral was genius, up there with In Bruges for modern comedy. The only reason Chris Rock might want to remake it is for an American audience. Get rid of all those damn Brits. Or something. Wanker.

Silvanesti

if you're not going to bother showing up then at least give me a call, expecially when the weather is fucking horrible and i nearly killed myself getting there.

Fuck it, the building was shitty, i wouldn't want to rent there anyway.

Cat

Cat

When driving home yesterday I saw a couple of deaf bastards in front of me swerving around so they could be side by side and sign to each other. People complain a lot about drivers using their phone but at least they don't block the road and slow down traffic.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Why the smurf do I punish myself like this?! I just watched Bill O'Reilly's latest Talking Points, curious what kind of bullshit Billo would put out about the visit... and now I feel like beating that smug asshole's face in for talking so much goddamn bovine by-product about Europe!

Hey, Billo, haista pitkä paska!

strawman

strawman

North_Ranger said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Why the smurf do I punish myself like this?! I just watched Bill O'Reilly's latest Talking Points, curious what kind of bullshit Billo would put out about the visit... and now I feel like beating that smug *'s face in for talking so much goddamn bovine by-product about Europe!

Hey, Billo, haista pitkä *!
Masochist.

-Adam

C

Canary

Balls to the walls about last minute alterations to a gorgeous skirt that is apparently two sizes too big -_-;

Also, balls about loosing a pile of weight and not noticing -_-;

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My bedroom has no doors. I've hung up curtains for privacy but there's zero noise reduction.

Both my roommates have girlfriends. Both of their girlfriends are currently over.

Now, I like both my roommates, and I like both their girlfriends. We're all a part of a large group of friends.

But what I HATE is when both their girlfriends are over, and we have no other company.

Couples do this thing, I don't think they know they do it, but they do. They have contests with eachother. They need to outcouple eachother. They are never so touchy/ kissy/ cutesy as they are when their status as a couple is being threatened by another touchy-kissy-cutesy couple.

ITS FUCKING ANNOYING.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

checkeredhat said:
My bedroom has no doors. I've hung up curtains for privacy but there's zero noise reduction.

Both my roommates have girlfriends. Both of their girlfriends are currently over.

Now, I like both my roommates, and I like both their girlfriends. We're all a part of a large group of friends.

But what I HATE is when both their girlfriends are over, and we have no other company.

Couples do this thing, I don't think they know they do it, but they do. They have contests with eachother. They need to outcouple eachother. They are never so touchy/ kissy/ cutesy as they are when their status as a couple is being threatened by another touchy-kissy-cutesy couple.

ITS smurfing ANNOYING.
I've been the third/fifth/seventh wheel on many outings since moving here, I know your pain. Can't hardly carry on a conversation without someone frenching someone.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

CynicismKills said:
checkeredhat said:

ITS smurfing ANNOYING.
I've been the third/fifth/seventh wheel on many outings since moving here, I know your pain. Can't hardly carry on a conversation without someone frenching someone.
Rather than be a 5th wheel I just remain in my room. I feel like I've been banished. But my room, as I said, has no doors. so instead I put my headphones on and blast music. Why do you think I'm posting so much tonight? I'm tied to my desk unless I want to hear sloppy makeout noises and giggling.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The women have left, it is now safe for me to leave my bedroom. Good night to you all.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My boss is gross. Not only did he talk to me about saving myself for marriage and dorm girls' menstrual cycles syncing up and making life harder for him, but he just high fived me with gross chicken wing hands and fuckin giggled about it. There's no damn soap in the bathroom, either! Scalding hot water.... wash away his creepyness....

Ugh. There's a Michael Scott in my life.

Gusto

Gusto

EPIC MANPANDA

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
EPIC MANPANDA
EPIC HUG

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
EPIC MANPANDA
EPIC HUG
EPIC THANKS

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
EPIC MANPANDA
EPIC HUG
EPIC THANKS
EPIC YOU'RE WELCOME

Gusto

Gusto

EPIC APOLOGY

Sorry, Halforum, I'm not usually quite this emo, and I know you need someone to bring the gusto. :(

Silvanesti

Gusto said:
EPIC APOLOGY

Sorry, Halforum, I'm not usually quite this emo, and I know you need someone to bring the gusto. :(
EPIC CREEPY MANHUG :unibrow:

and dude... its the rant thread, emo is way allowed

Gusto

Gusto

Silvanesti said:
Gusto said:
EPIC APOLOGY

EPIC CREEPY MANHUG :unibrow:

and dude... its the rant thread, emo is way allowed
Fair enough, but I've tried to cut down on the public emo.... People need their Gusto.

It was a very.... conflicting day for me though.

Bubble181

Bubble181

EPIC HUGS AND POINTERS TO THE NEAREST BAR

Also, yeah, emo's allowed in this thread. I hope :paranoid:

On a note similar to one on the previous page; yesterday, I was on the ringway around Brussels (being one of the busiest roads in Belgium). at a certain point, it's only three lanes, but two more are coming in from the right. It's a switchover, as those two right lanes move off again a bit later in another direction. SO lots of people have to move to the left or the right quickly.
Anyway, there was a truck in the rightmost lane of the three. This is all well and good. It's where they should be. There was another truck in the middle lane, overtaking him - which I disapprove of; in rush hour, it really slows things down. There's a reason there are laws against trucks passing each other on some highways; unfortunately this isn't one of those. Right before the switch starts, however, both trucks STOP, blocking two of the three lanes of one of Belgium's busiest roads, at peak hour. WTFBBQHOLY MOTHER OF SWINES. They were both Hungarian, but seriously, I wished they could beoth be hauled off to the firing squad.

Iaculus

@Gusto: EPIC WALRUS HUG.

Gusto

Gusto

Iaculus said:
Thanks guy. :)

But by now I am EPICALLY OVER IT.

Iaculus

Gusto said:
Iaculus said:
Thanks guy. :)

But by now I am EPICALLY OVER IT.
Good.

... Might take a while to wash off the EPIC FISHY AROMA, though.

Cajungal

Cajungal

AUGH I'm an idiot. I was doing the knights of nine quest in Oblivion, but then I did something that prevented me from wearing the crusader armor. So instead of carrying it around with me, I stashed it somewhere and wrote down where I left it. Well, I can't find the notebook where I wrote that down, and now I can't find the stupid gear. :explode:

JONJONAUG

Cajungal said:
AUGH I'm an idiot. I was doing the knights of nine quest in Oblivion, but then I did something that prevented me from wearing the crusader armor. So instead of carrying it around with me, I stashed it somewhere and wrote down where I left it. Well, I can't find the notebook where I wrote that down, and now I can't find the stupid gear. :explode:
I always just leave all my stuff in the cheap home you can get in the Imperial City Waterfront.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's what I thought I did at first... then I went to that crazy dude's house in Skingrad and a few other places..... blah!!!

The cat is fucknuts crazy today, endlessly complaning for no apparent reason. I thought she'd calmed down and then I started reading the forum, and now every time I laugh she looks at me and meows in this accusing way.

I hate cats.

Silvanesti

blegh :facepalm:

Wasabi Poptart

I HATE POWERPOINT! ARRRHHHH! :grrr:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Hey, left ear? Ahem, I said "HEY, LEFT EAR?!?!" YOU WANNA EVENTUALLY SPIT OUT ALL OF THAT WHATEVERTHEFUCK YOU HAVE CLOGGED IN THERE SINCE I GOT SICK? IT'S REALLY STARTING TO ANNOYING ME NOW! THANK YOU! Asshole.

Yoink

Damn you, Jagged Alliance 2

You are devouring my free time like a black hole. Again. Why do you have to be so good?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Man, what a boring, shitty week. Hope this coming one doesn't suck so much.

Jake

Jake

Thanks to the new improved Facebook, I'm greeted by a picture of the scratches across the fat bulbous ass of a friend of a high school acquaintance in my "highlights" panel. On the plus side, I did find a Greasemonkey script that will edit out all the annoying quizzes from my feed.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not a rant; I'm just concerned and am asking for good vibes, prayers, thoughts... whatever you subscribe to... for you sweet little cousin. He's really not well, and they took him to the doctor this week to see what the diagnosis is. He's such a good-natured little boy, and I love him to death... I hate that he's sick. :( It sounds kind of like the flu, but they're not sure.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Not a rant; I'm just concerned and am asking for good vibes, prayers, thoughts... whatever you subscribe to... for you sweet little cousin. He's really not well, and they took him to the doctor this week to see what the diagnosis is. He's such a good-natured little boy, and I love him to death... I hate that he's sick. :( It sounds kind of like the flu, but they're not sure.
Dear Little Cousin.

Good good again. Get well soon, bro.

ALL MY LOVE,
Internetman

Seriously, best wishes. :)

Gared

Gared

I do not have time to stay on the phone with you while you check 15 different spam filter layers to see why you're not receiving my emails, please, for the love of god, give me an alternate email address I can send this to.

fade

fade

My rant is about this forum. I've just about stopped coming here because EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION devolves into a bare-knuckled argument anymore. Why? Understand that opinion is opinion. 99% of the arguments are over someone's personal view on some matter and no amount of facts will ever change that. Or people argue with an anecdote. You can't argue with that--it happened! You can argue that it's not always that way, but something tells me the person who posted the anecdote is more than aware of that little tidbit of information. It almost seems like it offends people if you post an opinion or an anecdote. It's like you punched their invalid grandmother in the mouth...

I like to argue (debate, rather), but it's getting to be a parody of itself.

Fun Size

Fun Size

fade said:
My rant is about this forum. I've just about stopped coming here because EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION devolves into a bare-knuckled argument anymore. Why? Understand that opinion is opinion. 99% of the arguments are over someone's personal view on some matter and no amount of facts will ever change that. Or people argue with an anecdote. You can't argue with that--it happened! You can argue that it's not always that way, but something tells me the person who posted the anecdote is more than aware of that little tidbit of information. It almost seems like it offends people if you post an opinion or an anecdote. It's like you punched their invalid grandmother in the mouth...

Dude, you are so wrong I don't know why you get out of bed in the morning.

Just doing my part to try and keep every thread devolving into smart assery instead of arguments.
Fun Size, AWAY!

@Li3n

@Li3n

fade said:
Just.As.Planned.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, right, I punched this old invalid lady in the mouth the other day, because she was taking too long to get on the bus. Man, you should've seen her!

..oh, fine. Pfooh.

Oth rant: damn. I finally start playing Fallout 2 (yes, 2). It's good, it's fun. Just one problem: it's a fucking FRENCH VERSION. I DON'T WANT O PLAY THIS GAME IN FRENCH. Grah!

Far

Far

:grrr:

I was at work the other day and a few people from my old job came in and invited me downtown to go out tonight. So my roommate, who also used to work with them, and I get to the place we're supposed to be and the line is massive. I call up my friend I'm meeting and he says he's on his way and when he gets there we'll figure out what to do. In the meantime my roommate and I decide to head to another place. After a while there we leave and head back to our original destination. We walk past a small group of people and one says "Look at these tools."

We ignore it and continue on.

About 30 seconds later the one who insulted us comes up from behind and punches my roommate with brass knuckles in the eye. He's this giant of a mother fucker. I mean he looks like a boss from a video game. Huge, dressed in camo fatigues, massive black combat boots, wiry orange facial hair and bald. I jump back and into the street, he looks at me and says "You'd better get on the ground or I'll stab you too!" I look him square in the eye and yell "WHAT THE FUCK!?" Then he turns back to my roommate and says
"Give me all your money or I'll stomp your head in!". Obviously he gives it to him and then they all start to walk away. He calls back "You'd better get out of here now or I'm coming back with my brothers."

Just fucking unbelievable.

Jesus, Far! That's horrible. Glad you weren't hurt and glad your roommate wasn't hurt worse though.

Far

Far

Same. Things could have gone much worse. All of that for $60.

:facepalm:

Gusto

Gusto

Jesus Fuck.

That is some messed up shit, Far.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Wow, that's a helluva night, glad to hear it didn't get any worse.

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a shit about getting to know me?

Fun Size

Fun Size

CynicismKills said:

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a * about getting to know me?
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Other than a couple of coworkers that I don't mind talking to while I'm at work, I can honestly say that I haven't made a real life friend in over ten years. Not a rant, because I have an awesome wife and kids, but making friends is a bitch.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Fun Size said:
CynicismKills said:

As for me:

"I'm totally down for next time" usually means you're planning to be there next time we have plans, not ignore invitations to go places. Why do I even try to meet people out here when they don't seem to give a * about getting to know me?
Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Other than a couple of coworkers that I don't mind talking to while I'm at work, I can honestly say that I haven't made a real life friend in over ten years. Not a rant, because I have an awesome wife and kids, but making friends is a *.
Yeah, I'm not ready to give up on it yet, but it's really turning into a pain in the ass.

fade

fade

I'll agree with you there, Fun Size. I sadly admit I visit here as often as I do because most of my coworkers are decades older than me. It's really not easy to make friends in an academic environment when you're the young new guy. I treat my grad students like friends because they're closer in age to me than my colleagues.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Fucking Kaiser Permanente...

My stepmom and dad have had me on their health insurance plan for the past few years, but--when my stepmom's work plan changed providers--they dropped me because I'm not a dependent (previously the only requirement was that I be a full-time student). I shopped around, found a decent plan through Kaiser, applied, aaaaand...was turned down.

I was confused, because I've had no serious health issues in the past, am pretty much healthy, and just want something to cover my ass. I open the reason why, and see: "Unspecified dermatological disorder, unspecified circulatory disorder, heavy medication(s) in use" as the reasons behind my denial of coverage.

The bitch? The heavy medication was Prednisone, which was taken for two weeks for the dermatological condition (poison oak), and the 'circulatory disorder' was a varicosele a doctor told me was perfectly okay. The kicker? I specified ALL of them in the application.

The pain in the fucking ass, and the reason I'm so mad I can't see straight? I can't call, can't fax, can't simply tell someone they got it wrong and re-submit an online application. So I have to send a letter to Los Angeles and wait around six weeks to get a response from a fuck-up on their end while I'm uninsured for the first time in my life.

Fucking DIPSHITS.

Jake

Jake

Doesn't your school have a health plan you can buy into? They're not always great, but it's something.

Also, I'd assume that when you start grad school you'll get insurance, right?

H

Han-Sagan

My Jehovas Witness family are refusing to come to my daughters first birthday. We've even offered to not call it a birthday, not have a cake, no singing or anything, but they just refuse to compromise.

Religion sucks. :devil:

Batdan

Han-Sagan said:
My Jehovas Witness family are refusing to come to my daughters first birthday. We've even offered to not call it a birthday, not have a cake, no singing or anything, but they just refuse to compromise.

Sometimes parents are the ones who act like little kids. Sheesh.

H

Han-Sagan

Oh no, my Parents are coming, they're not JW's....its the rest of the family...sister, nephews nieces, cousins, etc.

Thanks for small mercies, I guess

Enresshou

Enresshou

Jake said:
Doesn't your school have a health plan you can buy into? They're not always great, but it's something.

Also, I'd assume that when you start grad school you'll get insurance, right?
Yeah; I won't be starting grad school til (at the earliest) fall next year. My school does have a plan, but it'd be about $250 for three months almost nothing ($3000 deductible, have to pay I think 30% of everything (including regular doctor visits) until I hit the deductible). My stepmom's talking to her work insurance and seeing if we'd be able to get a discount and add me onto the program they're currently on. I'm feeling better about it now, just a mix of spending half an hour navigating an automated system trying to talk so somebody (automated systems are a HUGE pet peeve of mine, especially when the, "Hit 0" trick doesn't work), and being fucked over through no fault of my own.

Han-Sagan said:

I hate when people are ignorant assholes, religious or no. Family's family, and their chosen god will always be there...first birthdays aren't.

Also, happy (early) birthday to the little one!

Han-Sagan said:

I'm so sorry. That must really hurt. Happy birthday to the spawnling!

M

Meraede

My ferret is 10 and is losing the battle with life. I'm going to have him put to sleep tomorrow. I know it's the right thing to do but it still hurts so badly.

Rest in peace, little man.

Meraede said:
My ferret is 10 and is losing the battle with life. I'm going to have him put to sleep tomorrow. I know it's the right thing to do but it still hurts so badly.

:waah: Poor guy, but poor you too. Good for you for doing the right thing but of course it hurts.

*chokes up*

*hugs kitties*

Damn, this thread is hella sad today.

Wasabi Poptart

Meraede said:

*hugs* I'm sorry. When I had to put one of my ferrets to sleep it absolutely tore me apart.

Krisken

Krisken

Some little prick threw a firecracker at me while I was walking to the store.

Kids fucking suck.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Han-Sagan said:

Sorry, I'm very ignorant about Jehovah's Witness beliefs. Why did you offer to not call it a birthday to try and get them to come?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Sheesh, I never knew that..... bummer. Sorry, and happy birthday to your kiddo.

Scarlet Varlet

Must remember to google for stuff I see on eBay. Sometimes people bid stupidly on there and the same item is available for a fraction in a web store. :confused:

C

Canary

So I come home from my job earlier this evening to notice that:

a) my laptop is suffering from the blue screen of death (This marks the second something of death that has occured to me this year - I got the red rings of death on my 360 before)

and

b) I have my FIFTH harassing e-mail within two days. This one stating that "I would urge all of you to re-consider attendance at the board meeting and to notify the Chairperson your confirmation of attendance for the meeting." (We were supposed to have an emergency meeting tomorrow night to deal with more BS but I e-mailed into them yesterday stating that I have an exam from 6-9pm (Hey, its finals season) and that if I finished early enough and felt confident in myself for my final the following day, I would attend.

But clearly that's not good enough. The rest of the e-mail reads as follows: "The board has made a grave decision in not meeting on Wednesday night at the request of students to solve an issue that is of utmost importance and is most sensitive to time. I have been asked by students to forward this email as a reply to the email that stated the emergency board meeting has been cancelled."

Last time I checked, I was a full-time student at my school, whose attempting to get a degree. But oh hey, I must have slipped and hit my head, causing me to forget that I'm the lowest piece of scum on the totem pole because I'm involved with the student union.

NOT impressed -_-;

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Being ill is annoying enough, but contracting an illness on the account on a bite from a human fills me with such murderous rage, my veins are going to rupture.

Rob King

Rob King

I've been going through a bit of shit in the last few weeks, so to help myself deal with it, I bought a little note book to write thoughts in. Nothing particularly bad. Most of it is just things that I wish I could just tell somebody, or shitty attempts at poetry.

The other day I noticed that it, and my other less-embarrassing-but-still-sentimentally-valuable book of random interesting facts, are missing. Since I don't loose that kind of shit ever, I assumed I would find it when I tidied my living space.

Living space tidied, and no books. I also noticed that my iPod is missing, which I normally keep in the same pocket of my coat.

I almost hope that the stuff is stolen. I won't get the iPod back, but the thought that someone I know may have read the contents of my working-shit-out book fills me with dread.

Not that it was anything bad. It was just stupid crap that I'd rather not have associated with me, like:
"Falafels remind me of [Ex-girlfriend],"
"Why can't [My boss] just be straight up and tell me that he's looking to replace me?,"
And a draft or two of a note that I'll never send to a particular individual, explaining the reasoning behind some past actions that don't actually need to be brought up or explained.

Krisken

Krisken

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Being ill is annoying enough, but contracting an illness on the account on a bite from a human fills me with such murderous rage, my veins are going to rupture.
:bush: Dirty ghouls.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Krisken, your brain is looking ever more delicous by the second. Can I nibble on your ear a little bit?

Krisken

Krisken

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Krisken, your brain is looking ever more delicous by the second. Can I nibble on your ear a little bit?
Trust me, there isn't much in there. I'm surprise I can manage basic motor function.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Krisken said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
Trust me, there isn't much in there. I'm surprise I can manage basic motor function.
Oh, I see how it is. :waah:

Guess I'll look elsewhere. *shuffles off*

Krisken

Krisken

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Krisken said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
Oh, I see how it is. :waah:

Guess I'll look elsewhere. *shuffles off*
Go for Martin. I hear he has a juicy, chess-club brain.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I agree with Zen. Everyone in this thread (well, 'cept me, my night was pretty decent) needs a huge hug, a healthy dose of good luck and a good dose of health. Get yer prescriptions here, boys!

Twitch

I still have a job but I'm lucky compared to most of the new people to my district. They'll all "Get their jobs back eventually" which means the district expects them to sit around for now instead of finding work elsewhere. They're firing history teachers and dropping arts classes so that fine arts teachers can teach classes they're only qualified to teach in the loosest sense of the word.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Been here almost a month now. Still looking for a job, having a lot of trouble feeling like I'm fitting in, and my roommate is having his friends with benefits over almost every night to get those benefits. Being the third wheel every time I go anywhere with this group doesn't help either. Kinda feeling like moving was a mistake.

Bubble181

Bubble181

If they're just friends with benefits, become friends as well :unibrow:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Bubble181 said:
If they're just friends with benefits, become friends as well :unibrow:
Yeah that's not awkward at all.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So chase them out with the awkardness, more space for you :-P

David

David

I think I'm going to fail my history class... my essays are due tomorrow, and I kept putting off the bulk of the work until the last minute :(

I'm writing about ancient mesopotamia now... than have to finish what I started on the rise and fall of ancient greece... than have to finish rise and fall of the Roman Empire... than have to start on something about trade routes between africa, the middle east, asia and the americas... all the while I have to be ready to take the final exam tomorrow.

I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

Math242

Math242

I can't play Kotor I & II with my new gfx card because drivers no longer support it.

FUCK Fuck fucking fuck this is my favourite game and it looks like Gizka MIGHT release their stupid mod after all.

FUCK i want to play again

EDIT:

HMMMMMM, so yeah tonight, i'm taking the work laptop home with me :p

Being a non-anonymous person on the internet has advantages and disadvantages.

To the person who signed me up at the bestiality website I would like to say the amount and caliber of emails that I'm getting is awesome. With such uplifting subject lines as:

Farm sluts getting dirty.
Watch as these sluts take horse cock.
(and my personal favorite - and I mean that)
Red rover, red rover, flip Sheila on over!

So thanks, Mr. Prankster.

Krisken

Krisken

Edrondol said:

To the person who signed me up at the bestiality website I would like to say the amount and caliber of emails that I'm getting is awesome. With such uplifting subject lines as:

Watch as these sluts take horse *.

Let me be the first to say, wow, that really sucks.

Scarlet Varlet

3.5 weeks! Arrrrggghhhh!! I can't wait that long! Arrrgghhh!

Jake

Jake

I love bacon. A lot. And sometimes after cooking it I'll fry some chicken breasts in the grease (mmm...smoky lard-fried chicken). What I don't love is one of the breasts hitting the pan just right to send a geyser of raging hot grease directly onto the last two fingers of my right hand. That hurt. A lot. My wife almost made me go to the ER, but I'm (unfortunately) familiar with burns and a host of other minor injuries, so I'm usually sure what I can get away with in terms of first aid only.

So after spending the night icing it on and off and wrapping it up with some analgesic antibiotic ointment, I'm attempting to get through the next few days with 8 functional fingers. Looks like a solid second-degree burn with plenty of skin to slough off in the near future.

I did finish making dinner, though.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Krisken said:
Edrondol said:

Let me be the first to say, wow, that really sucks.
...like a sheep. AMIRITE?

No, that does suck. I used to get quite a bit like that as well, unfortunately, but it seems to have stopped...Or, I've finally got my e-mail filters all set up properly :-P

fade

fade

Jake said:
I love bacon. A lot. And sometimes after cooking it I'll fry some chicken breasts in the grease (mmm...smoky lard-fried chicken). What I don't love is one of the breasts hitting the pan just right to send a geyser of raging hot grease directly onto the last two fingers of my right hand. That hurt. A lot. My wife almost made me go to the ER, but I'm (unfortunately) familiar with burns and a host of other minor injuries, so I'm usually sure what I can get away with in terms of first aid only.

So after spending the night icing it on and off and wrapping it up with some analgesic antibiotic ointment, I'm attempting to get through the next few days with 8 functional fingers. Looks like a solid second-degree burn with plenty of skin to slough off in the near future.

I did finish making dinner, though.
I feel you. I stupidly burned both legs badly about a week ago trying to get my motorcycle up on the centerstand. I was wearing shorts and no socks and my legs touched the really hot pipes. I was worried one of them was a 3rd degree burn, because it didn't hurt at all. But it seems to be healing.

Wasabi Poptart

Dear classmate,

When I say something will not work and provide you with examples of why this will not work, I really do mean it will not work for those reasons. Your response to me makes it apparent that you haven't listened to a word I've said. Thank you for your half-assed suggestions. Guess what. THEY WON'T WORK! Because everything you suggested are things that I already said are reasons why it doesn't work. Next time I'll speak s-l-o-w-l-y so you can follow along.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, I'm home.

This is more of a funny rant. The first night I'm home with Dad and Mom, Dad always forgets there's a girl in the house besides his wife. Inevitably, I walk downstairs and find him in 20-year-old paper-thin briefs making a sandwich at 1 am. :facepalm:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, it's your father, and you still willingly visit him, so I assume no horrible youth traumas from that end, so, eh.

I didn't burn myself, but still, just got back from football (soccer for ye yanks), had to play with regular shoes instead of sport shoes because I couldn't find them...Youch. My right big toe's nail was folded back all the way from the root, and is now a lovely black colour, with my toe so swollen it won't fit my shoes. Gah.

Silvanesti

Edrondol said:

Hey, you killed off my character, I figued horse cock was fair payback :D

No, I didn't do that, but that is pretty funny. Sorry man!

Wasabi Poptart

Cajungal said:
Well, I'm home.

This is more of a funny rant. The first night I'm home with Dad and Mom, Dad always forgets there's a girl in the house besides his wife. Inevitably, I walk downstairs and find him in 20-year-old paper-thin briefs making a sandwich at 1 am. :facepalm:
Sounds like dad needs some new underwear and a robe for his next birthday/Father's Day.

Gusto

Gusto

WildSoul said:
Cajungal said:
Well, I'm home.

Sounds like dad needs some new underwear and a robe for his next birthday/Father's Day.
The dude just wanted a sammich at 1am.

I can relate.

Philosopher B.

Argh, damn country roads. It took me at least ten extra minutes getting home on account of I was behind some HUGE-ass tractor trailer and we were on bendy roads so I didn't want to pass. There was another guy in a big truck right on my ass.

Also, I was behind some guy in a vehicle yesterday whose head kept swiveling in a bizarrely rapid manner. Made me nervous as hell. When did he have time to look at the road in front of him?!

Honestly, I don't know how some people around here get driver's licenses ... OH WAIT, yes I do, that shit is easy-peasy.

Gurpel

Gurpel

I'm not really angry about this, but whatever.

about a week ago, I bet one of my friends ten dollars that, given 45 minutes, he couldn't drink 4 litres (more than a gallon) of milk without puking.

he puked. I went on to explain why that happened to him and everyone else. because he had bought the milk, I got about 6 bucks and the rest of the milk out of the bet, which I was fine with.

now heres the thing: even though I have explained it can't be done, about 3 more people have bet me they can do it. wtf.

David

David

Well, failed my history class. At least when I retake it I already have all the books and notes and a refreshed lesson on why not to procrastinate.

Far

Far

Gurpel said:
I'm not really angry about this, but whatever.

about a week ago, I bet one of my friends ten dollars that, given 45 minutes, he couldn't drink 4 litres (more than a gallon) of milk without puking.

he puked. I went on to explain why that happened to him and everyone else. because he had bought the milk, I got about 6 bucks and the rest of the milk out of the bet, which I was fine with.

now heres the thing: even though I have explained it can't be done, about 3 more people have bet me they can do it. wtf.
I have pictures from a few years ago where a bunch of my friends got together and at lunch and tried it with 4L of chocolate milk knowing full well it wasn't possible.

Gurpel

Gurpel

how did you hold the camera when you were all puking?

(also I should have mentioned that it was chocolate milk. That's why i took the remaining half, afterwards.)

Far

Far

We enlisted the help of an innocent bystander.

JONJONAUG

Alright, since my roommate is having sex in my room right now (at least I assume he is, he text messaged me about his girlfriend being up there but he has had so many different girls up there and-I-mean-like-two-different-girls-a-week that I'm about to assume that he's gay and just brings up girls he's just friends with up there to reinforce his masculinity and is really either pounding ass or jacking off) and I got half an hour before I'll be going back there (I'm typing this in one of the computer labs because I have no laptop because laptops are for whores), I'm just gonna talk about shit you probably don't give a shit about.

Hey I know, let's talk about video games.

Or rather, let's talk about the PROBLEM with video games today. Video gamers seem to think that games today fall within two categories, the "casual" game for grandmas and low IQed women and the "hardcore" games for mature gamers such as themselves. "Casual" games are games with no real story behind them that are made for ease of play so the retarded kids can handle it, and those "hardcore" games are games with ramped up difficulty with mature stories that are apparently supposed to make you think or something.

It's all a load of bullshit on both sides really. Both sides have it completely wrong.

Video games today can really be lumped into two categories, but it certainly isn't "casual" and "hardcore". Video games can be lumped into "games" and "not-games".

Games are the ones that have truly evolved from the sprites and pixels of decades past. They're the ones that plump you down in a world and say "come on buddy, let's go see what's out there". They're the ones that are really magic, where even the most hardened programmer can look past the algorithms that make the game go along and just say "wow, this is one fine time I'm having here". It's when all those bleeps and bloops and pictures and images just come together and make something incredible. Games usually rest on a very simple concept. Although there are plenty of great games that are complex by their very nature, you'll find very few games that can't be explained in only one sentence.

Not-games are the ones that looked at what came before and said "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we did this" while missing what really made games good in the first place. They're the ones that will drag you, kicking and screaming into their own little madhouse where fun plays second fiddle to everything else. Not-games are often bogged down by unnecessary things like plot exposition, trying to be serious, and the most insulting thing of all: realism.

There are a lot less games out there than there used to be. This can be blamed mostly on advancing hardware, where designers and programmers have too much room to turn their games into not-games. Advancing hardware also leads to better graphical capabilities. This leads to artists forgetting style and just going for that accursed realism instead. The worst thing is when developers who have been going perfectly along making games get it into their head to make not-games (I'm looking at you Sonic Team).

Not to say that there aren't plenty of not-games out there that try to be games and fail. I Want to be The Guy is a fantastic example of a not-game that thinks that it's an ode to games but is merely a perverse mutation of what makes a game a game. It focuses solely on the difficulty of the old games while completely ignoring everything about those games that made them fun to play in the first place.

That's also not to say that there aren't plenty of games that might've been not-games if not for some clever developers. Valve and Bioware are both wonderful at taking things in not-games and making them into wonderful games. Valve does it by putting the player in the role of an important figure in the world who doesn't actually know what's going on (and I bloody well hope they keep it that way), thus removing unnecessary plot exposition and instead turning what would usually be used for plot exposition into fun things for the player to do instead (most of the time, they seem to be getting a bit worse with this lately in the Half-Life Episodes, but Team Fortress 2 and Portal shows that they've still got it). Valve games do have a lot of story behind them, but this is always in the background, tantalizingly just out of reach to observant gamers. Bioware does almost the opposite thing in having loads of dialog and serious themes in their games, but they wonderfully compensate by somehow managing turning this into the game itself (and I'm pretty sure no other developer has been able to do anything close to what Bioware has managed to do with this). Both Bioware's and Valve's games also OOZE style from every orifice due to these design decisions.

Probably the most important thing about identifying a game is whether or not you'll be able to explain why you like it. If you can't explain why you like it, chances are you just played a real game. Real games fill you with that sense of wonderment and adventure. They make your blood pump as you overcome any challenge that comes your way. They make you gape at larger than life obstacles then fill you with pure ecstasy as you overcome them. Real games have style, charm, and most of all everything you can experience from it can never be written down in just one sentence, even if a summary of the entire game can (and should be).

Not-games can entertain. They can make you go "ooh" and "ahh", but you'll always be able to find words for what you feel as you go through the motions. "Interactive movie" is a terrible term to use in any context, but this is really what they are. No matter how good they look, anything they make you FEEL isn't going to be a result of interaction, or if there is any interaction between you and the world the not-game delivers it will either be highly minimal or scripted.

Hey look half an hour went by. I'm done here.

Silvanesti

How in the fuck are my coworkers so incredibly incompetent?

Im fucking sick and tired of being the only one in the office with the fucking balls to admit i make a mistake and work to fix it rather then covering it up just for someone (ME) to discover later and totally fuck over.

Thanks. I appreciate working through my lunch and 5 extra hours because you idiots didn't fucking do your job.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
WildSoul said:
Cajungal said:
Well, I'm home.

The dude just wanted a sammich at 1am.

I can relate.
:rofl: Like I said, not a serious rant. I can relate, too. When my brother's out of town, I totally take advantage of the privacy. He's just not used to having us around anymore.

fade

fade

Okay. I don't get angry often, especially about work things. But this has done it. I have a grant from the Department of Energy that's shared three ways with two other departments on campus. Technically, the senior guy in another dept. has control over the money, but it was supposed to be an even split. I've been planning to hire a post-doc, and I've been actively recruiting to do so. I've been pitching the position to colleagues and at conferences for some time now, and I've narrowed my search down to one good individual. So today I go to confirm the money is there to make the offer, and the guy "in charge" (quotes intentional) tells me that the money was reallocated by the "administration" to the third dept for them to hire a postdoc. Already, they had assigned me less than a third of the money, and now they've taken a huge chunk of that away, AND I've got to tell this potential post-doc that the job's not there any more. What a load of crap. He even used the phrase "some time ago". Why the hell wasn't I a) asked b) notified or c) consulted. Not once was I asked if I was planning on hiring someone. My research plan depended on this person. Oh, I will be raising hell over this one.

Also, I'm willing to bet that the "administration" is him, and he's deferring blame onto some imaginary entity. Geez, academics can be the most petulant, child-like turds sometimes.

strawman

strawman

fade said:
the guy "in charge" (quotes intentional) tells me that the money was reallocated by the "administration" to the third dept for them to hire a postdoc. Already, they had assigned me less than a third of the money, and now they've taken a huge chunk of that away, AND I've got to tell this potential post-doc that the job's not there any more. What a load of crap. He even used the phrase "some time ago".

My rants are rarely worthy of posting here - all told, life is pretty good.

But who in their right mind thinks that two little bins of cream cheese is enough for 6 bags of bagels on bagel and donut friday?!?

Heads will roll.

-Adam

fade

fade

Also, I agree JON. Video games really need to shake the "keep the lifebar from emptying or you'll die" paradigm. Or at least make it secondary. Nearly every game I've played since the playstation came out is a lifebar game. Do something different. This (and what you said) is why I simultaneously dislike RPGs and like survival horrors. RPGs are a good example of a can't-lose casual game. I've yet to see a truly challenging RPG. The baddies get harder, but so do you. They almost become slightly interactive films. WoW, FF, CoH etc all fall into this category. None of those has been a challenge (and for the love of all that is holy, please don't tell me to wait for the endgame, because I think that's stupid. It's like reading a book that's really boring setup for 999 pages, and finally gets interesting on page 1000.). Survival horrors are at least challenging and filled with actual puzzles (though "hard" mode puzzles are usually lame. apparently devs think "hard puzzle" means "obscure" not "difficult to solve".) They're still lifebar games, but that generally takes a backseat to the story and puzzle aspect.

BoringMetaphor

My friend did the milk challenge in less than an hour successfully. 4 litres, watched him do it, no puking!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've seen several people do it, both with milk and with beer (that is, dirnk 4+ liters in one go without puking or pissing).
All it takes is a big stomach and some extending exercise beforehand.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'd like the weather to settle on a season so I can stop sneezing.

strawman

strawman

CynicismKills said:
I'd like the weather to settle on a season so I can stop sneezing.
Here's a diagram for you. Kermit represents your sinuses. The fighter represents spring.

Let's watch:

Any questions?

-Adam

JONJONAUG

fade said:
Also, I agree JON. Video games really need to shake the "keep the lifebar from emptying or you'll die" paradigm. Or at least make it secondary. Nearly every game I've played since the playstation came out is a lifebar game. Do something different. This (and what you said) is why I simultaneously dislike RPGs and like survival horrors. RPGs are a good example of a can't-lose casual game. I've yet to see a truly challenging RPG.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

I love it because it's a real game of a JRPG. There's a story, but it's secondary and really doesn't play all that of a big role in your motivation compared to just about every JRPG ever made. I loved it because of the intelligent design choices, difficulty (and this game IS hard, you can't overcome bosses just by grinding, the entire turn system is based on how intelligently you fight), the artstyle is AMAZING, the dungeons are some of the best I've seen in any RPG and they're much more than your typical "go here, get key, go here", loads of the dungeons are filled with optical illusions or some really clever or difficult puzzles), and the music style is unlike almost anything else you'd expect from a JRPG.

It's one of the few JRPGs where I could play through it without giving a crap about anyone else in the game world, I was solely interested in what laid beyond the next obstacle and what I'd be able to fight next. Even the random encounters are interesting and involve some sort of strategy on the player's part.

To quote Wikipedia on the gameplay.

Press Turn System said:
The battle system functions like the traditional RPG turn-based combat, but with one key exception: SMT III introduced a new element in the form of Press Turns. Each character participating in combat, friend and foe alike, provides one or more Press Turns (more usually denoting a boss) represented in the upper right-hand corner of the screen as icons. The rule behind this system is that any action, such as attacking, using skills, items, contacting demons and summoning commands, will normally cost one full turn. But if a combatant scores a critical hit, exploits their opponent's weakness, or passes on making an action, their turn will be considered half used, which is marked by a pulsating Press Turn icon. These half used turns allow a character to do anything that a regular turn can but will always expire, even if a "half turn" option is again selected.
You gain party members by recruiting them in battle. Almost any enemy you encounter in a random battle can be convinced to join your party (there are some exceptions, a few demon clans reject you on principle). You have room for up to twelve demons in your party, but only three can be deployed at a time (main character is always active, you can also swap demons out during the battle, the game will only ever end if YOU die). Every demon has its own unique skills, resistances, and weaknesses. You can fuse demons together to make new demons (and it is highly recommended you do so, as the game is impossible to complete without doing this and many demons can only be obtained through fusion), which will have its own set of skills along with skills carried over from the 2-3 "parent" demons.

Your main character learns skills and changes resistances/weaknesses by equipping "magatama". Each magatama teaches a different set of skills and has its own set of resistances and weaknesses.

Really the game is the best RPG I've ever played and one of the best games on the PS2. If you're looking for a game with unique gameplay, style, and difficulty I would recommend this.

Anubinomicon

Moved: to epic win.

Anubinomicon said:
the box art with the yellow text and screaming face, 100% done by me.
Grats, man! But shouldn't this go in "Epic Win"?

Anubinomicon

where the fuck it that lol... i never knew of it, i thought it was something different.

Anubinomicon said:
where the fuck it that lol... i never knew of it, i thought it was something different.
Heh, you're too fast for me, I was going to move your post to it for you. Yeah, it's basically the polar opposite of this thread.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
Anubinomicon said:
Heh, you're too fast for me, I was going to move your post to it for you. Yeah, it's basically the polar opposite of this thread.
I made it because this thread is often very depressing, and I thought we needed a happy place.

RANT: The EPIC WIN Thread does not get nearly enough posts. Get happier, guys.

Anubinomicon

So here's a real rant. We went to look at more houses yesterday and got to see one we really liked online. so we get inside and love the place seeing the first floor. then we go out back and its got a sweet deck and nice little yard. we go upstairs and start seeing the bedrooms......not one room had a single closet. :Leyla: :grrr: needless to say we probably won't be buying that house.

i will be posting in the epic thread moar.

Silvanesti

Gusto said:
ZenMonkey said:
Anubinomicon said:
where the smurf it that lol... i never knew of it, i thought it was something different.
I made it because this thread is often very depressing, and I thought we needed a happy place.

RANT: The EPIC WIN Thread does not get nearly enough posts. Get happier, guys.
Fuck you and your happy place.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Silvanesti said:
fuck you in your happy place.
FTFY? :rofl:

Gusto

Gusto

Well now I'm sad.

Batdan

Anubinomicon said:
So here's a real rant. We went to look at more houses yesterday and got to see one we really liked online. so we get inside and love the place seeing the first floor. then we go out back and its got a sweet deck and nice little yard. we go upstairs and start seeing the bedrooms......not one room had a single closet. :Leyla: :grrr: needless to say we probably won't be buying that house.

That's not a spare bedroom across the way, just a spacious walk in closet. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Silvanesti

Gusto said:
Well now I'm sad.
welcome to my world. :rofl:

Gusto

Gusto

Silvanesti said:
Gusto said:
Well now I'm sad.
welcome to my world. :rofl:

Anubinomicon

Batdan said:
Anubinomicon said:

That's not a spare bedroom across the way, just a spacious walk in closet. Yeah, that's the ticket!
kidding aside we are actually thinking about doing that....BUT our queen size bed might not fit in the bedrooms.

Jake

Jake

Anubinomicon said:
Batdan said:
Anubinomicon said:

kidding aside we are actually thinking about doing that....BUT our queen size bed might not fit in the bedrooms.
Isn't it illegal to call it a bedroom if it doesn't have a closet?

fade

fade

Wouldn't that make a lot of very old very expensive houses bedroom-free by law?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why the hell would you need walk-in closets? I've only very very rarely seen actually built closets. Stuff your clothes in a wardrobe/cabinet/whathaveyou.

If the rooms are too small, just pull down a wall in between (if it's not loadbearing -_-, otherwise leave an arch :-P).

Anubinomicon

yes, the realtor was wondering why it was listed as having bedrooms when there were no closets. right now we are looking to move into a house virtually "as is" with maybe 10-15,000 in repairs. this is our first home and we pretty much only have the money to move in and make our payments right now. so tearing down walls would be the way to go, but it could get costly the way this house is.

Silvanesti

i just don't know. I feel so shitty, I don't want to be here. I got this horrible feeling in my stomach, i need to make a change or this depressing feeling is going to get worse.

Kitty Sinatra

Bubble181 said:
Why the hell would you need walk-in closets? I've only very very rarely seen actually built closets. Stuff your clothes in a wardrobe/cabinet/whathaveyou.
In modern North America, built-in closets are standard and walk-n closets are a common feature for master bedrooms. The master bedroom in my 2-bedroom apartment has a walk-in closet

Wasabi Poptart

:explode:

I live with a pack rat. I wouldn't care that he's a pack rat if he would put all of his shit in one place, but it is all over the place. I just spent two hours cleaning out two closets. Decorations that he told me were put away from Christmas have been stuffed in the back of one closet instead of boxed up and put out in the garage with the other holiday stuff. I have more cable than any one person could ever need, yet when he needs it he can't find it because it's not in one spot. It's here and there and everywhere and he can't remember where he put it. So he buys more. There is crap in the closets from the last 3 deployments that I have told him to sort out and put away. Apparently, sort out and put away = shuffle it around and move it to another spot. But God forbid I throw anything away because it will be something he's looking for in a week.

ARGGHHHH!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Fucking DMV.

Silvanesti

Allen said:
smurfing DMV.
ugh, i've been putting off getting my shit renewed because I don't want to deal with it.

Gared

Gared

For the love of all that is holy woman, shut the fuck up and listen to the god damn instructions that I am giving you!!!!!!!!

Also - on the only day this month that I have anything specifically planned after work, my employee picks this day to be late.

Much fun will be had tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it, but I hate this trepidation I've developed about social events. Not a social anxiety problem, but worry about how/whether I'll physically get through it, and dread about how messed up I'll be afterwards. It's a real damper on special events. At least it'll be here at home.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I give up.

Gurpel

Gurpel

still sneezing?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gurpel said:
still sneezing?
hah no, it's been a long couple of weeks and I'm getting frustrated with things.

Gurpel

Gurpel

ah.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

My "" key broke.

The quick brown fo jumped over the lazy dog

ElJuski

ElJuski

which key?

Kitty Sinatra

I figured he meant his ghost key. Like a skeleton key, but it opens all invisible doors.

B

bhamv2

Spooky! We should call in the X-files!

Allen? Should we call the X-files?

Kitty Sinatra

Good thing it wasn't his allen key, eh?

Krisken

Krisken

Stupid Technical Reporting class. Spend 2 weeks doing random crap, aren't allowed to work ahead, then are expected to research and submit a Formal Technical Research Report by a deadline that isn't provided.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I've been enjoying this weekend, being home for Easter, spending time with friends and family.

I'm terrified to go back, though. For one, I've slacked off on my homework this weekend. Two, all the summer courses are filled up and I haven't even started looking for a summer job, so I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do there.

Also, falling into a depression again. It didn't help tonight when, after having a great night hanging out at a friend's place, I come back to my car and can't find the two movies I had just bought earlier. I don't think I locked my car doors. Fucking hell. (movies were Hellboy II and Wall-E, previously viewed).

I don't know what to do with the summer, am constantly lonely because I have no one to hang out with and just feeling more and more like a big fucking loser.

Gusto

Gusto

ThatNickGuy said:
I don't know what to do with the summer, am constantly lonely because I have no one to hang out with and just feeling more and more like a big fucking loser.
Are you in Toronto for the summer too? We should work something out and grab a few drinks somewhere or something. I got most of the summer free, and Toronto ain't that far away. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Well, time to write an English paper with 25/26 of the alphabet.

Kitty Sinatra

Allen said:
Well, time to write an English paper with 25/26 of the alphabet.
Wanna borrow one of my two keyboards? Yes, some people have 2 monitors; I have 2 keyboards. And 2 mice.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I'm getting a new keyboard. Just not in time to write this paper. I'll just have to avoid 's.

Kitty Sinatra

I tell you what. Here's an x and an X for you to copy/paste. Now you can't say I never gave you nothing.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Fuck my life... :eek:rly:

That is all.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Bleh. "Teachers don't teach you how to write. They teach you how to hate to write."

Bubble181

Bubble181

Allen - if you think it's easier to avoid another letter, you can always just move'm around a bit. Though the X seems liek a pretty OK letter to avoid - be happy it isn't the letter E.

Nick, Bumble, stuff: hugs! Also, I still maintain one of us should win the lottery and hold a big Halforum get-together for all us semi-depressed pandas. It'll be fun! :bush:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Someone here really SHOULD win the lottery. Why hasn't anyone gotten on that yet?!

Ed McMahon tells me my cheque is in the mail.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm eagerly awaiting a princess from Nigeria to send in $25 million as we speak.

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
Someone here really SHOULD win the lottery. Why hasn't anyone gotten on that yet?!
I keep forgetting to meet my wishes half way and buy a ticket. I hear that is important.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Bubble181 said:
Allen - if you think it's easier to avoid another letter, you can always just move'm around a bit. Though the X seems liek a pretty OK letter to avoid - be happy it isn't the letter E.

Nick, Bumble, stuff: hugs! Also, I still maintain one of us should win the lottery and hold a big Halforum get-together for all us semi-depressed pandas. It'll be fun! :bush:
It just took some copy paste to write words like "exposure" or "extreme". New keyboard arrives in the next couple of day, luckily, before I have to do any more typing.

Fun Size

Fun Size

If your website tells me that you have a copy of the book in, maybe you could throw an extra note on there or something so when I drive twenty minutes out of my way to pick it up I'm not told that you have the book, but they're all being held for OTHER FUCKING PEOPLE.

Would have just ordered it online while I was there is all I'm saying.

My WoW main's guild is great. It's all female players (people are vetted through Vent and other methods) with a range from casual players to Naxx raiders. Guild chat is usually lively, friendly, and helpful, and I've never once seen bitchiness or catfighting among players.

However, last night I saw the darker side of a group of females who live for WoW. I logged in in the middle of an E*P*I*C mass whinefest/pity party about how miserable everyone's lives are, detailed lists of all the drugs they're on, moans like "If I see one more therapist who tells me I should get out more, I'm going to scream!", and despite crying about how they're so isolated, assurances all around that it's perfectly okay never to have a social life but only play WoW. Then they got on a "Four Yorkshiremen"-like rampage about who was more traumatized by whose parents' deaths, who's more suicidal ("but I don't really want to kill myself") etc. etc.

:puke:

And now, the comment I wanted to make and didn't, if you don't mind.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WHINY-ASS ABLE-BODIED BITCHES! PUT DOWN THE BIG MAC, LOG OFF, AND TAKE A FUCKING WALK! If there's something wrong in your life, find a way to fucking FIX it instead of playing "Whose Life Is Worse Anyway?" And what in the glow-in-the-dark shit are you doing TMI-ing all this crap in fucking GUILD CHAT?? Are your heads so far up your asses you can't even see the problem? APPARENTLY.
:aaahhh: :explode: :aaahhh:

(To be fair these were mostly people I don't know, new to the guild I think; none of the players I respect or the officers were involved, thank god. And for the record no one in the guild knows anything about my own health crap, and that didn't change last night, and I don't expect it to ever.)

Gusto

Gusto

Zen, everyone deserves to lash out once in a while. We just told CajunGal something along the same lines.

Set those interbitches straight, lady. :)

I honestly had more than enough of that kinda bitching and moaning when I was in 10th grade and my sympathy is running a little low.

Gusto said:
Zen, everyone deserves to lash out once in a while.
Yeah, but as I said this is not the norm by any stretch of the imagination, and I like being in the guild, and sometimes you have to pick between lashing out and being political, i.e. diplomatic, i.e. biting your tongue so hard blood drips onto the keyboard.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
Gusto said:
Zen, everyone deserves to lash out once in a while.
Yeah, but as I said this is not the norm by any stretch of the imagination, and I like being in the guild, and sometimes you have to pick between lashing out and being political, i.e. diplomatic, i.e. biting your tongue so hard blood drips onto the keyboard.
There are days when I literally have to drag myself away from a thread, I know just what you mean. :D

Gusto said:
There are days when I literally have to drag myself away from a thread, I know just what you mean. :D
I would have just turned off guild chat but I kept thinking "this will end soon," and by the time it didn't, it seemed silly to turn it off at that point. And inevitably someone asked for a gear comparison and chat reverted to Naxx and so forth.

LordRavage

Everything has been so gray lately.

Food doesnt even taste good. The urge to be creative hasnt been there. I kind of feel out of sorts but not sure why completely.

Even the energy to rant and rave (Which I can enjoy doing under normal days.) hasnt been there.

My own people at the job have looked at me with concern. Is this the dreaded midlife crisis people talk about? I am only 35. I felt I had another ten years before it happened. I feel like I havent laughed in a real long time.

Maybe I need to take up jogging? (Shrugs)

:confused:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

My 15 year-old doberman was put down on Saturday, just found out today. His hind legs finally gave out on Friday and my dad slept downstairs with him through the night.

I'm 3000 miles away and I didn't get to say goodbye. It's hard.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ravage, I feel for ya. Those feelings don't always have something to do with age. Everyone has those gray periods at some point... some normal, some more severe. If you think it's something that requires more than a slight routine change or time, I hope you find what you need to make it better. :)

CK.... I'm so sorry. :( I hope you can get through the pain of that soon. I'm sure you have lots of nice memories.

Silvanesti

fuck my life. :explode:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Silvanesti said:
fuck my life. :explode:
HUG!

Silvanesti

Cajungal said:
Silvanesti said:
smurf my life. :explode:
HUG!
heh, thanks. just having a shitty month. things gotta get better.

you totally made me smile though, you rock! :falldown:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Silvanesti said:
Cajungal said:
Silvanesti said:
smurf my life. :explode:
HUG!
heh, thanks. just having a shitty month. things gotta get better.

you totally made me smile though, you[strike:1wov9791]rock[/strike:1wov9791] pebble! :falldown:

Seriously, she's being nice, and you go and call her names. Tsk. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

You roll!

And yes, they will! :D

(bubs.... :rofl: )

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh bleh :-P Just practising. Now, where's your Belgian twin sister seperated at birth?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Probably in Belgium.

Cajungal

Cajungal

! I have one of those? In that case, if she shares my affinity for Belgian waffles, she's probably... somewhere where there are waffles.

Nice, Allen.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ooooh, really? *goes out looking*

Cajungal

Cajungal

You know the doctor actually thought I'd be twins. I was going to be Leigh and Leslie. I'm just Leslie, though.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Try looking for a lovely, southern Belge who likes crawfish.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Southern Belge? But...but...those speak FRENCH! Ack!
Oh well...*invites Mathk242 over for dinner* (he's a Southern Belge, so it's a start :-p)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Remember, don't fuck anything you wouldn't want to eat gumbo with.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:shock:

Bubble181

Bubble181

...It's an oddly appropriate saying.

..though I really don't think you can inverse it.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

It is a good saying if you want to have a taste of the bayou.

Bubble181

Bubble181

But I don't! Unless you're using it in a whole 'nother meaning....

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, that's muddy water, son.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Actually, this is

Cajungal

Cajungal

yaaaaaaaaaay!

LordRavage

Cajungal said:
Ravage, I feel for ya. Those feelings don't always have something to do with age. Everyone has those gray periods at some point... some normal, some more severe. If you think it's something that requires more than a slight routine change or time, I hope you find what you need to make it better. :)
Thanks CG. I believe we all have these periods too. It just feels like this one is longer then most. A routine change just might be whats is needed.

:smirk:

Scarlet Varlet

Google News needs a way for me to filter out news I've already seen. I demand Fresh news in the morning, not stale headlines from yesterday, or Sunday even.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I have a full alphabet again.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, bitches!

Gratx!

In other news: Fuck you, it's...really not funny anymore.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
Gratx!

In other news: Fuck you, it's...really not funny anymore.
Too true. In fact, this time it's really just sad, and a bit in poor taste.

Also? MY FEET ARE COLD.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
Also? MY FEET ARE COLD.
I got some slippers for Christmas and MY GOD THEY ARE FANTASTIC.

I wear them constantly. I am the oldest man on the forum.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
ZenMonkey said:
Also? MY FEET ARE COLD.

Do you also watch the weather channel constantly, wear one of those jumpsuits, and drink fiber powder?

Wasabi Poptart

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
ZenMonkey said:
Also? MY FEET ARE COLD.

Do you also watch the weather channel constantly, wear one of those jumpsuits, and drink fiber powder?
He's got a Snuggie!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Street Fighter IV cheats.

..and also, I don't get to see her until Friday... no fair.. :(

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I've just lost a little more faith in humanity.

How could I spend ten months with you, doing everything I can for you, and fuck all comes from it? Honestly, what the fuck did I do so wrong that you would throw away that time we've spent together. Goddamn, I can't wait leave this place in Fall, then I can get my fucking life back together again. I hate this, so by the gods, I'm a changing this situation no matter the cost. :grrr:

Silvanesti

BlackCrossCrusader said:

How could I spend ten months with you, doing everything I can for you, and smurf all comes from it? Honestly, what the smurf did I do so wrong that you would throw away that time we've spent together. Goddamn, I can't wait leave this place in Fall, then I can get my smurfing life back together again. I hate this, so by the gods, I'm a changing this situation no matter the cost. :grrr:
Im sorry man, I think i've been there.

Do those changes, Im so incredibly glad im starting to improve my situation.

Gusto

Gusto

HGCLNS called me fuck ugly.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Silvanesti said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:

How could I spend ten months with you, doing everything I can for you, and smurf all comes from it? Honestly, what the smurf did I do so wrong that you would throw away that time we've spent together. Goddamn, I can't wait leave this place in Fall, then I can get my smurfing life back together again. I hate this, so by the gods, I'm a changing this situation no matter the cost. :grrr:
Im sorry man, I think i've been there.

Do those changes, Im so incredibly glad im starting to improve my situation.
It pisses me off to think that despite your best efforts, people will still garrote you in the end. People can be so weak.

Silvanesti

[quote="BlackCrossCrusader]
It * me off to think that despite your best efforts, people will still garrote you in the end. People can be so weak.[/quote]

No doubt there. Im still distrustfull after being fucked over by my best friend a year ago. I was almost homeless because of his shit. The best thing you can do is just try to move on, I can't let myself become cold to everone because some people are assholes of the highest degree.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm 24 years old, it'd be nice if my parents would stop checking up on me every day like I don't know how to take care of myself.

OH NO I STAYED UP LATE

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: My folks are the same way. And I know ALL about my dad's past. He's got no room to talk about recklessness.

WildSoul said:
He's got a Snuggie!
Oh crap, I actually want one of those! :rofl: And even though I have a perfectly valid medical reason (my body thermostat is hosed six ways from Sunday), I just can't bring myself to get it.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
WildSoul said:
He's got a Snuggie!
Oh crap, I actually want one of those! :rofl: And even though I have a perfectly valid medical reason (my body thermostat is hosed six ways from Sunday), I just can't bring myself to get it.
I actually was thinking the same thing. Those tings seem pretty awesome, albeit in a slippery-slope kinda way.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
:rofl: My folks are the same way. And I know ALL about my dad's past. He's got no room to talk about recklessness.
I get a text from my mom today "Dad heard you on Vent at 5:30 this morning why up so late?"

Gosh, well, I'm trying to build a social life, get a job, my dog died, I'm adjusting to a new place and living off a very small budget. It's not like I'm stressed or anything.

Yoink

I just got dumped and I am in some kind of hostile mood :twisted:

Yoink said:
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. *hug*

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gusto said:
ZenMonkey said:
WildSoul said:
He's got a Snuggie!
I actually was thinking the same thing. Those tings seem pretty awesome, albeit in a slippery-slope kinda way.
Just put on a robe backwards.

CynicismKills said:
I've done that, in fact. Not too comfortable though.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
CynicismKills said:
I've done that, in fact. Not too comfortable though.
I am currently swaddled in my comforter. And wearing my slippers.

Yoink

ZenMonkey said:
Yoink said:
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. *hug*

shit happens .. better luck next time I guess

Bubble181

Bubble181

ZenMonkey said:
Also? MY FEET ARE COLD.

Y'know, cold feet suck, but you can get a hot water bottle or just force your cats to lie there (ok, that'd probably work better with a dog). Since I've been taking the pills for my blood pressure, my feet have been constantly warm and slightly swollen. In the winter, that was far from bad. Now it's getting warmer, and my feet are too big for all my shoes, they're hot like hell, and it's getting pretty uncomfortable. Damn. If this keeps up I'll be spending the summer with my feet in a bucket of cold water :confused:

Yoink said:
I just got dumped and I am in some kind of hostile mood
Sorry to hear it :-( *hug*

BlackCrossCrusader said:

How could I spend ten months with you, doing everything I can for you, and fuck all comes from it? Honestly, what the fuck did I do so wrong that you would throw away that time we've spent together.

Yup, whether it's a friend, roommate, partner, or other, this'll happen...and it sucks major monkey balls. Damn. Hope he/she will live to regret it, which I'm sure they will. Also hugs!

fade

fade

ZenMonkey said:
WildSoul said:
He's got a Snuggie!

BUT IT'S JUST A ROBE. ON BACKWARDS!!!

Also:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHlvtWhum0:2nf0g7w6][/youtube:2nf0g7w6]

I don't even begin to deny that the infomercial is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why do you think I haven't gotten one yet? :rofl:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Great, Kurtz did it again.

For months, he's had trouble updating in time (save last two weeks).

From what we've heard from Ed, the PvP Fanclub is a place of vomiting vaginas and hard-boiled dildos.

And the weekly Ding! is... dammit, do I even need to say that?

Now he's offering the PvP Newsletter.

North_Ranger said:
Great, Kurtz did it again.

For months, he's had trouble updating in time (save last two weeks).

From what we've heard from Ed, the PvP Fanclub is a place of vomiting vaginas and hard-boiled dildos.

And the weekly Ding! is... dammit, do I even need to say that?

Now he's offering the PvP Newsletter.

I'd rather have that than the assetbar. At least the newsletter is free.

Cajungal

Cajungal

ZenMonkey said:
I don't even begin to deny that the infomercial is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why do you think I haven't gotten one yet? :rofl:
Just please.... please.... if you get one, don't wear it to a damn little league game. Don't they own jackets?!

As for me, my bio teacher's a fucking idiot. She's a GA, and I've had good luck before with GA instructors for huge lecture classes. But this chick... oh my God. She has this set of notes she uses that were probably done up by her professor (who sounds so awesome, damnit), and every time I ask her to explain something again, she just reads the paper again word for word. AND she gave my group the wrong information for our independent project, so I had to take these plants home instead of keep them under the little plant lamp, and now I've almost killed them because everything I touch dies. :waah: I hate you and it makes me sad that you want to be a teacher because you can't explain anything to anyone! And stop saying "can I aks you something"!!!! I'm so glad I'm almost rid of you.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

WoW gripe. Yesterday's patch destroyed my lvl 19 twink. I had enchants on that character for 3 years that were removed last night. About 3 months of game play and lots of digital gold ruined. But my main complaint is now people with no interest in competing feel more comfortable with joining in the battle. Last night in WSG I sat around for over 15 minutes holding the flag ready to capture. Nobody from either side bothered to attack the flag carriers. I finally logged out while holding the flag because I would get no honor and end up wasting huge amounts of time (silly to say that about WoW, I know...)

Scarlet Varlet

Wind brings cold weather.. Sigh. It's April. Where's my scorching hot April?

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's strangely cold here, too. It was about 50 degrees when I left the house. What the crap?

Gared

Gared

I hate the perfect yet lethal confluence that is my health.

Step 1: Peptic Ulcer Disease. Forget that you have said disease as it has been years since you've had serious flare-ups aside from random times when you've just imbibed/ingested too much acid (citric).
Step 2: Decaying Wisdom Tooth. Get a job that has no health/dental benefits and hold that job for 2+ years, while your boss promises frequently that he's almost ready to start offering insurance. While waiting for insurance benefits to kick in, develop a massive cavity in a completely unnecessary tooth.
Step 3: Economic downturn. Decide just before the beginning of a major economic downturn to start rebuilding your credit. This will ensure that you will be able to get a loan when you have to replace your car, but that your finance company will suck balls and your rate and payments will be murder.
Step 4: Aspirin derivatives.. After successfully forgetting that you have an ulcer disease and that Aspirin pain relievers are your arch-nemesis, start taking Excedrin Extra Strength religiously for 10 days because your tooth hurts and you can't afford to have it pulled. Stop taking Aspirin only when you realize that the nausea, burning, cramping, and acid reflux that you've been having for 4 days is a warning sign and that your mother (who also has peptic ulcer disease) very nearly died from ignoring the exact same warning signs and taking the exact same meds...

Crap.

Also, CG, I'm sorry that your teacher sucks. I hated bad teachers in high-school and even more so in college when I knew that I was paying out of my own pocket for a crappy teacher, so I can relate.

Edit: Also, Comcast Rant. Comcast started streaming a warning message across several of our channels back at the end of March that warned us that our service may not be set up for the new digital service they were switching to between March 30th and April 3rd. April 3rd came and went and nothing changed.

April 5th we received a mailer telling us that they were upgrading all of their service in our area to digital only and that starting April 30th we would need to upgrade to a digital service with a digital receiver, and providing us with a nifty code we could use online at that time to upgrade to digital for no additional charge and order our digital receiver.

April 7th all of our "premium" channels (and by premium I mean Food Network, Travel Channel, strangely enough not Spike or Comedy Central) would display nothing more than a white background with a picture of a digital receiver telling us we had to upgrade in order to get our channels again. Attempting to use our codes online was pointless because it's not the 30th yet and calling Comcast on that day got us absolutely no where, because apparently no one told the Comcast service center that they were upgrading our area (and that they were either doing it 4 days late or 26 days early).

Finally, we were able to call yesterday and get someone who (after consulting something/someone after each question we asked) managed to figure out what was going on and get a new digital receiver in the mail to us which we should get within the next 5 business days. And are they going to compensate us in any way for us being without 75% of our channels for over a week? Of course not.

Gusto

Gusto

This afternoon, the company through which I had booked my trip to Cuba WENT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Details after food, headache pills and boozahol.

Bubble181

Bubble181

T counter you people with cold weather, here it's lovely, quite sunny but with enouhg clouds that I don't need to sunscreen my head, some 18-20°C ("pleasant with a t-shirt but not too warm if you feel like wearing a sweater or light jacket, and women start wearing short skirts") and a light breeze. However, I'm stuck working 12h shifts in a building where the windows won't open with a boss who insists on putting the airco in a horrible way.

strawman

strawman

Blerg. Grandmother-in-law (Wife's maternal grandmother, for those keeping track at home) at hospital for likely stroke and heaven knows what else. Being flown (helicopter - hope this one doesn't crash) to the university hospital for better emergency care. She's got a DNR on file, so she probably won't last the night.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQX6AMUF8w:1dlxbjyz][/youtube:1dlxbjyz]

-Adam

Philosopher B.

We had horrible weather here today. 'Twas raining like the dickens. Cold as all get out, too. WHY WON'T IT GET PERMANENTLY WARM. :waah:

Gusto said:
This afternoon, the company through which I had booked my trip to Cuba WENT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Nooooo! Oh shit...do you still have the reservations and everything?

Waiting patiently for details.

Philosopher B.

And now ... the scroll button of my mouse appears to be broken. :grrr:

A

Alt

Philosopher B. said:
And now ... the scroll button of my mouse appears to be broken. :grrr:
Would you like to borrow one of my mice? I can get by with one for a couple days if I have to.

Gusto

Gusto

ZenMonkey said:
Gusto said:

Nooooo! Oh shit...do you still have the reservations and everything?

Waiting patiently for details.
FOOD'D.
MEDICATION'D.
Booze pending.

Okay so this afternoon I was doing some vacation shopping with the girl I'm going with, and my mom calls my cell to tell me that Conquest Vacations has gone out of business.

This means that we've lost our vacation, and since then prices have skyrocketed to keep up with the demand of everyone who's out on their asses.

So after dealing with Visa in order to cancel our payment, we started trying to book a new trip. But the markets in Cuba/Dominican/Mexico are really fucked right now because everyone's trying to deal with this vacuum now. We could have paid $3200 to go to the same resort that we paid $2400 for last week. After poking around at that for a while, we were able to get into contact with a travel agent (and they're even more stressed than I am, for obvious reasons) and got a line on a good deal at a Dominican resort that I went to seven years ago.

BY THE TIME OUR AGENT WAS ABLE TO CLICK TO THE BOOKING SCREEN THE PRICE HAD GONE UP $300.

So after about three hours on the phone with a travel agent (AND on my cell phone with ANOTHER agent) we struck gold. The prices are going nuts right now, going up and down by hundreds of dollars every 5 minutes. It's like the goddamn Stock Market Crash. Anyway, we were able to find booking at the number 1 rated resort in Cuba for $350 LESS than we ad paid for our original trip.

So the problem has resolved itself, and I ended up getting a much better deal out of it, but GODDAMN if I didn't spend 3.5 hours on 2 phones while the vein in my forehead fucking POUNDED. :explode:

What a stressful day. :smoke:

The good news is now I'm apparently staying in a frou-frou palace for a week with the cute girl from work. :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

Gusto said:
I'm apparently staying in a frou-frou palace for a week with the cute girl from work. :D
All's well that ends well. Bring back pictures (and hidden Cuban boys as slaves)!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

stienman said:
Blerg. Grandmother-in-law (Wife's maternal grandmother, for those keeping track at home) at hospital for likely stroke and heaven knows what else. Being flown (helicopter - hope this one doesn't crash) to the university hospital for better emergency care. She's got a DNR on file, so she probably won't last the night.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQX6AMUF8w:1f9pv2yf][/youtube:1f9pv2yf]

-Adam
Here.

*hugs*

A hug for the wife on this difficult day. But if you tell anyone, anyone that I hugged you, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

Wasabi Poptart

stienman said:

-Adam
I'm sorry to hear it, Adam. My thoughts go out to your wife and her family.

Silvanesti

my roomate is fucking his bitchy girlfriend right above me. god i want to find an apartment

@Gusto, what a pain but glad to hear it all worked out.

@Adam, another modhug and good thoughts for your family.

Troll

Troll

I log onto my email account, only to find everything deleted. I immediately send email to tech support explaining what happened, requesting they restore the mailbox. Tech support doesn't respond for about 36 hours. Then I get an email asking me to follow a link, at which time they will restore my mailbox. RESTORE IT TO WHAT IT WAS 24 HOURS AGO. That's only about 8 hours *after* it was wiped in the first place.

Stupid, lazy, slow fuckers.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto: Holy crap man, glad you were able to straighten it out!

Dear Mr. "The Fellow's Older Brother": I understand that you've had a lot of rough times, but you only have one brother and he loves you. He wants to have a relationship with you now that your home. It is MOST uncool to flake out on him all the time, never call, and not show up when you say you will. He's a good guy, and he wants to keep up with you. If you could show a little effort and stop hurting him, that would be just peachy.

I can't say anything to him... he really has had it tough. Neither he nor the fellow are what I'd call disciplined (well that's different now... Jake's more adult than his brother is), he had a terrible time in the army, and I know he had a bout with depression... OH and he's married, and I know they really missed each other. But come on, dude, if you say you're gonna meet your brother for coffee and catch up, please show up!

:tear: I hate it when my sweetheart gets so disappointed.

Anubinomicon

god fucking damn it. so i find out today because of stupid partitioned drives i can't play WOW because the new patch needs 3 GBs and i have 2.97 for the drive its located on.

Shakey

Shakey

Ticks! I hate wood ticks. They are the sole reason I wish for winter to come again. So far this week I have found on me and my dog 4 deer ticks and 2 regular ticks, and it's only going to get worse. I can handle regular ticks, you can see them easily and the don't carry diseases. Deer ticks are the size of a damn pin head! When they attach to you the dig down so deep it's hard to get them out of your skin. Plus their saliva irritates your skin so it swells up around them making it even worse. Add to that they carry lymes disease, which I have already been treated for once! At their worst I have to stop every hundred feet and pick them off of both me and my dog. What the hell is the point of living in the woods if you hate to go walk in them! :explode: I'm going to scratch my skin raw. I keep feeling them crawling all over me.

Yoink

So I got dumped last night. Via sms. How nice. Well, fuck it. The warm springtime weather is awesome, I like my new job and family/friends are safe and sound. Life is good :uhhuh:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yoink: that's the spirit!

Adam: sorry to hear it, good thoughts to you and her.

Wasabi Poptart

Yoink said:
So I got dumped last night. Via sms. How nice. Well, fuck it. The warm springtime weather is awesome, I like my new job and family/friends are safe and sound. Life is good :uhhuh:
Sorry you got dumped, but I have to say you're taking it with the right attitude! It's refreshing. :thumbsup:

Yoink

It must be the weather ... I can´t help but feel good :D I´ll go to catch some more comforting sunlight :D Springtime, here I come !

Gared

Gared

God Fucking Dammit we cannot afford to become a one income family. Not now, not any time soon, and especially not when it's so damn hard to find a job!

Edit: Ok, I can breathe a sigh of relief this time. She wasn't late because she overslept, she was late because there was a hit and run on the freeway in front of her and she was the first person on scene and therefore had to wait for the cops to show up.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Silvanesti said:
my roomate is smurfing his bitchy girlfriend right above me. god i want to find an apartment
Did they at least offer to share? If you don't bring enough for everybody....

Gusto

Gusto

sixpackshaker said:
Silvanesti said:
my roomate is smurfing his bitchy girlfriend right above me. god i want to find an apartment
I imagined him stretched out on the floor on his stomach, posting from his laptop with a sour expression on his face, while his roommate and the ladyfriend were getting hot n' heavy on his back.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto

Gusto

And he's all :eek:rly: or :angry: .

Aren't bunk beds a bitch?

strawman

strawman

GRAAAAAH!

I do say, I quite dislike working with certain members of the human race.

-Adam

Silvanesti

I was comming in to bitch about being incredibly grumpy today.

You guys made me laugh, Thank you. (im still grumpy, but less so)

Bubble181

Bubble181

My grandmother was in the hospital just weeks ago, had fluids drained out of everywhere, and she was fit as a whistle, ready to go, better than she had been in a long time. Yesterday she was re-admitted for "a bit of trouble breathing", which the doctor didn't actually think was bad enough to have her admitted but she insisted. Now she's lying in the hospital with cancer spread through both her lungs, two leaking heart valves, 80% heart muscle movement loss, complete kidney failure on one side and 80 loss on the other, and she can't eat. Wha?
Also, she's mentally still 105% a-ok. On the one hand, it's something to be very thankful for. On the other hand, it's terrible to see her go through this knowing every step of the way. Grmblf.
Expect another rant about a recently-died grandmother soon, I guess. I shall now go back to feeling bad about stuff I'm actually ok about feeling bad about, instead of my usual whiny crap.

strawman

strawman

Gusto said:
sixpackshaker said:
Silvanesti said:
I imagined him stretched out on the floor on his stomach, posting from his laptop with a sour expression on his face, while his roommate and the ladyfriend were getting hot n' heavy on his back.
Dude, he just needs to turn up the speakers and start playing... Well, I'm sure you can think of a few sounds/songs/movies that would break the mood.

Passive aggression FTW!

http://www.google.com/search?q=abstinence%20psa
http://www.google.com/search?q=std%20psa
http://www.google.com/search?q=monkey%20sounds

Or find an interesting twitter feed and go all http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/topi ... ply_909578 on it...

-Adam

Fun Size

Fun Size

stienman said:
Gusto said:
sixpackshaker said:
Silvanesti said:
Dude, he just needs to turn up the speakers and start playing... Well, I'm sure you can think of a few sounds/songs/movies that would break the mood.

Passive aggression FTW!

Or find an interesting twitter feed and go all http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/topi ... ply_909578 on it...

-Adam
Heh. Download a copy of "She's Having My Baby". It's like anti-Viagra.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sorry Bubble

We're behind ya. Feel free to vent, if you need privacy I am sure several of us will chat in PM with you.

Silvanesti

stienman said:
Gusto said:
sixpackshaker said:
Silvanesti said:

Passive aggression FTW!

-Adam
haha, that'de be pretty awesome, cept i'll avoid the monkey sounds, their horrifying moans sound weird/fucked up enough as is.

Gared

Gared

Bubble181 said:
My grandmother was in the hospital just weeks ago, had fluids drained out of everywhere, and she was fit as a whistle, ready to go, better than she had been in a long time. Yesterday she was re-admitted for "a bit of trouble breathing", which the doctor didn't actually think was bad enough to have her admitted but she insisted. Now she's lying in the hospital with cancer spread through both her lungs, two leaking heart valves, 80% heart muscle movement loss, complete kidney failure on one side and 80 loss on the other, and she can't eat. Wha?
Also, she's mentally still 105% a-ok. On the one hand, it's something to be very thankful for. On the other hand, it's terrible to see her go through this knowing every step of the way. Grmblf.
Expect another rant about a recently-died grandmother soon, I guess. I shall now go back to feeling bad about stuff I'm actually ok about feeling bad about, instead of my usual whiny crap.
Sigh... shit. I'm sorry man. Best wishes. Goes for you too Adam.

strawman

strawman

Silvanesti said:
stienman said:

-Adam
haha, that'de be pretty awesome, cept i'll avoid the monkey sounds, their horrifying moans sound weird/smurfed up enough as is.
Oh, well in that case download audacity, record a few seconds, play back a few seconds really loudly, record a few more seconds on a new track (so they overlay on playback), play them both back overlayed, record, play back.

Post on youtube for extra credit.

-Adam

Batdan

Silvanesti

Try banging on the wall of an adjacent room like you're annoyed. I found out last weekend how much of a mood killer that can be. :oops:

strawman

strawman

Batdan said:
Silvanesti

Try banging on the wall of an adjacent room like you're annoyed. I found out last weekend how much of a mood killer that can be. :oops:
Unfortunately some people like knowing there's an audience and "ham it up" so to speak. :grrr: Worth a try, though.

-Adam

Silvanesti

Batdan said:
Silvanesti

haha, I can beng on the ceiling with a broom stick like an old woman :p

Gusto

Gusto

I'M FUCKING BORED.

And my usual Friday night drinking buddy isn't around tonight.

No one else seems to be answering my calls to action. I got nothing.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I told a bunch of guild friends I'd head out to NC to meet up with them, but I'm suddenly not feeling like going at all. I've realized I don't know them all that well and I'm not sure I want to spend the money and 6 hours each way for one day of drinking with people I don't know all that well.

Also, I've watched seasons 1-3 of Doctor Who on Netflix's instant watch over the past few weeks and it's wonderful. But season 4 isn't instant and I can't have the discs sent here as the subscription is my dad's (who is still in CA). :angry:

Silvanesti

My car is in a ditch by the side of the road. Fuck weather. They didn't plow a section, so it went from somewhat ok, to total ice, I slid sideways for about half a block before going off the road. Thankfully im not hurt, and my car isn't too bad off.

fuck, its going to be a long month.

Chronos[Ha-G]

Silvanesti said:
My car is in a ditch by the side of the road. Fuck weather. They didn't plow a section, so it went from somewhat ok, to total ice, I slid sideways for about half a block before going off the road. Thankfully im not hurt, and my car isn't too bad off.

The Caribbean had an ice storm...?

LittleSin

LittleSin

They fired my husband and canceled his insurance. He already has an interview for a new job but the insurance.

I am to give birth in less then a month.

...and I'm out of heating oil. It's fucking cold!

I hate you GM!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Silvanesti said:

Yikes.

LitleSin said:
They fired my husband and canceled his insurance. I am to give birth in less then a month.
Double yikes!

Hope both work out.

kaykordeath

Wifey's finally receiving signs of life from the temp agency. Interview with a potential assignment. with the pay being JUST EXACTLY FUCKIN EQUAL to what she's receiving from Unemployment right now. :explode:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Okay, lady... congrats on being 50 and coming back to school, really. I actually respect someone who can juggle 3 kids, poodle training, and dealing with near-deafness along with college courses. But being old doesn't mean you're automatically right! You sent us all the wrong information for our group project, and repeating yourself 3-5 times via email isn't going to change that!!!

And that STUPID dog training quote in your email is longer than most of your messages! Get rid of it! It's stupid!

Silvanesti

Bubble181 said:
Silvanesti said:
My car is in a ditch by the side of the road. smurf weather. They didn't plow a section, so it went from somewhat ok, to total ice, I slid sideways for about half a block before going off the road. Thankfully im not hurt, and my car isn't too bad off.

smurf, its going to be a long month.
Yikes.

LitleSin said:
They fired my husband and canceled his insurance. I am to give birth in less then a month.
Double yikes!

Hope both work out.
Thanks, it ended up turning out ok. Was able to get a tow truck to winch it out of the ditch, damage wasn't too bad. and now its 70 degrees, so the 18 inches of snow is melting pretty quick.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Geluk bij een ongeluk, as the Dutch saying goes 'good luck with bad luck', that is).

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know that no one knows the lady to whom I refer in my previous rant, but I'd feel guilty if I didn't take it back. I just got a nice message from her, and I think we're starting to get along better. :D

Scarlet Varlet

Did I complain about it being too cold?

35C + (mid to high 90's F) in Santa Cruz/Monterey past couple days. More of the same tomorrw. :aaahhh:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Ugh, don't remind me!
*wipes sweat from under manboobs*

After doing the CN Tower climb on Saturday (21 minutes; gloat gloat gloat), my friends and I went to this great vegan restaurant in the Annex. During which, I ran into my TA from my Shakespeare class.

...the one that I have a giant crush on (which I've made a post about on here before).

Really nice to run into her and her sister...

...and her husband.

jaythen

I want to rant about feeling unable to rant. It is not from an inability to rant, but the feeling that it will not be worthwhile. I'm frustrated by not having a way to vent constructively. I want to share my frustrations, talk it out, and get myself re-focused, over problems, or solve why certain aspects of my life still seem to frustrate me. I know if it is done improperly that I will just come across as a whiner and seen as one who can't handle his problems. I want to do it right but even that answer escapes me.

Troll

Troll

Who the fuck gets sick in 90 degree heat? I mean, seriously? Why am I sick as hell?

Cajungal

Cajungal

ThatNickGuy said:
After doing the CN Tower climb on Saturday (21 minutes; gloat gloat gloat), my friends and I went to this great vegan restaurant in the Annex. During which, I ran into my TA from my Shakespeare class.

...the one that I have a giant crush on (which I've made a post about on here before).

Really nice to run into her and her sister...

...and her husband.

Oh, no! I remember that thread... You'll never know the sweet sweet joy of hoisting her up on a 25-year-old desk?!

Sorry, pal.

(A Troll, I think somethin's goin' around.... I'm NEVER sick in spring but I have been off and on for a while now. Who knows?)

Scarlet Varlet

Good old Ahnold. Always good for a larf. :rofl:

When the voters of California gave Gray Davis the sack, Ahnold ran on a platform of rolling back some vehicle registration boost, which was a triggered device to help keep the state solvent in an economic downturn. He also promised to call the state assembly members "girly-men" whenever the opportunity presented. :zoid:

After being elected the Governator, being a he-man of his word, revoked the noxious measure, costing the state revenues of about $4.4 billion per annum. :pud:

This budget year California is foreseeing a decline in revenues of about 30%. The fecal matter has well and truly stuck the impeller vanes and the very same measure is back in force. Hooray for the courageous Governator! :drunk:

Received the note for renewing my runabout - 298$US. It would have been about 175$US prior to his heroic caving in to certain fiscal frailties, realities and a potential state defaulting to tarnish his cinematically polished portfolio. :bush:

The son of a lady I work with has the auspicious duty of handing over 700$US for renewal of his Dodge Ram Hemi thingamajig. First he was having to borrow his dear mum's car when petrol topped out at 5$US/Gallon, now he will have the honour of propping up the tottering state budget. Well played! :thumbsup:

Scarlet Varlet said:
Received the note for renewing my runabout - 298$US.
Jesus. I better start saving up now for my October renewal.

Yeah, Arnie's been just fantastic for California. Using our educational system as the state's personal piggy bank is my personal favorite, of course.

strawman

strawman

There are only 24 hours in the day.

WHY ARE THERE ONLY 24 HOURS IN A DAY!?!?!

Oh well. At least I got to spend a few of them with my family today.

Feh. 24 hours.

-Adam

Scarlet Varlet

stienman said:

Feh. 24 hours.

-Adam

I've been all in favour of a decimal clock, with 20 hours to the day, 100 minutes to the hour, 100 seconds to the minute. Alas, only accepted as brilliant by Me, Myself and I.

strawman

strawman

Also, to the stupid doctors and nurses at the hospital:
A DNR does NOT mean ignore basic or essential care! Stupid idiots let grandma cough for 4 hours with food stuck in her throat - the best they could offer was the nurse saying, "Poor dear!" and patting her hand. Only after a sufficient stink was raised did they force a gag reflex where she finally dislodged it all and had relief.

They've moved her from ICU to a stroke ward, but the doctors there are all nuerosurgeons, and aren't taking care of her diabetes, allowing her to take other medications (benadryl for allergies - she's scratching herself to distraction), etc, etc, etc.

I now realize that as far as they're concerned, and DNR means, "Don't do anything except hospice care, period." For some reason I was under the mistaken impression that it was more finely defined than that - do everything to extend life except in the case of heart or lung failure. (ie, no CPR)

My mother in law has now had to go through two parent's dying with DNRs and she's convinced that they are worse than the alternative. I'm quickly coming to that conclusion myself...

-Adam

Troll

Troll

stienman said:
A DNR does NOT mean ignore basic or essential care! Stupid idiots let grandma cough for 4 hours with food stuck in her throat - the best they could offer was the nurse saying, "Poor dear!" and patting her hand. Only after a sufficient stink was raised did they force a gag reflex where she finally dislodged it all and had relief.

They've moved her from ICU to a stroke ward, but the doctors there are all nuerosurgeons, and aren't taking care of her diabetes, allowing her to take other medications (benadryl for allergies - she's scratching herself to distraction), etc, etc, etc.

I now realize that as far as they're concerned, and DNR means, "Don't do anything except hospice care, period." For some reason I was under the mistaken impression that it was more finely defined than that - do everything to extend life except in the case of heart or lung failure. (ie, no CPR)

My mother in law has now had to go through two parent's dying with DNRs and she's convinced that they are worse than the alternative. I'm quickly coming to that conclusion myself...

-Adam

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sometimes nurses are just absolute shit (though the same could be said for all industries). Good luck with everything.

Gared

Gared

You know what? If you can afford two computers (or more) in your house, you can damn well afford two copies of software. No, the rest of the industry does not permit you to install that same license on multiple computers (some do, not all). No, Microsoft does not allow you to install Windows Vista (the same license) on however many computers you want. I know better, don't try to tell me that, I'm not as stupid as you are. Why the hell should I have to lose money bending over backward so your dumb ass can get two copies of completely unnecessary software for your damn computers? You want two copies, buy them asswipe.

Iaculus

Silvanesti said:
Bubble181 said:
Silvanesti said:
My car is in a ditch by the side of the road. smurf weather. They didn't plow a section, so it went from somewhat ok, to total ice, I slid sideways for about half a block before going off the road. Thankfully im not hurt, and my car isn't too bad off.

smurf, its going to be a long month.
Yikes.

LitleSin said:
Double yikes!

Hope both work out.
Thanks, it ended up turning out ok. Was able to get a tow truck to winch it out of the ditch, damage wasn't too bad. and now its 70 degrees, so the 18 inches of snow is melting pretty quick.
I misread that as being a response to the second quote.

Bubble181

Bubble181

stienman said:

Feh. 24 hours.

-Adam

Because there are only 24 bottles in a case of beer. Invent a 28-bottle beer case, and you'll make millions!
stienman said:

-Adam
Egh. I'm lucky they don't look at it like that here. My grandmother has a DNR agreement as well (and a euthanasia-in-case-of-whatever one), and they still treat her for anything they can - they simply don't come up with the very hard and painful grueling operations that might or might not increase her life by 2 weeks for 3 months of pain anymore. Pretty happy about it.

Iaculus

Minor rant - this damned story is rapidly eating into my life. I swear, it's like a literary dominatrix. I've already written over 22,000 words in less than two weeks, and it's still begging for more, more, more. Oy.

Batdan

Iaculus said:
Minor rant - this damned story is rapidly eating into my life. I swear, it's like a literary dominatrix. I've already written over 22,000 words in less than two weeks, and it's still begging for more, more, more. Oy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

TRIlogy? I thought there were only two?!

kaykordeath

Nope, definitely 3.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110647/

One of Jack Black's earliest roles....fwiw...

I just got off the phone with my mortgage company. I'm trying to get my mortgage caught up after the staggering financial disaster that was the first part of 2009. This is the quote from them:

"If you have a way to pay extra to get current we encourage you to do so, whether it would be from taxes or cashing out a 401k..."

WTF?!? Well's Fargo takes a shitload of cash from the US and then tells people to cash out their retirement to catch up on bills?!?!?

-- Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 am --

Holy fucking God. My bank account is -$510 right now. $480 of that is overdraft fees. That means that I'm overdrawn $30 myself. I'm on the phone with them now with the big WTF questions...

fade

fade

Batdan said:
Iaculus said:
That was one of those rare cases where the film exceeds the book. The book gets all weird when Bastian gets to Fantastica.

fade said:
That was one of those rare cases where the film exceeds the book.

Burn the heretic!

Silvanesti

Don't be the one to come up with the idea only the cancel out at the last minute. Fucking leaves me with nothing really to do that night. Thanks bitch.

Edit: and yes, i know im making a big deal about it, but you know what? i wanted to have one bithday that didn't totally suck.

Silvanesti said:
Edit: and yes, i know im making a big deal about it, but you know what? i wanted to have one bithday that didn't totally suck.
*hug*

(and another one to stienman)

SeraRelm

Life is pretty great right now.
/rant

David

David

You know what I just realized?

My circuit city gift card still had about 2 bucks left on it :angry:
I could have gotten me a candy bar...

strawman

strawman

David said:
You know what I just realized?

My circuit city gift card still had about 2 bucks left on it :angry:
I could have gotten me a candy bar...

Cat

Cat

Everything's fine

David

David

:( Maybe I should consider a new avatar

Cat

Cat

You should use mine, it'll be like a uniform.

Enresshou

Enresshou

A friend of mine forgot to tell me about the Magic pre-release this coming Sunday, so I subsequently didn't ask for it off. I've put in two weeks solid of 10-12 hour days (give or take; m/w/f=five hours of school each day plus four-six hours of studying, tues/thurs=eight hours of school plus two to three hours studying), and my boss messed up and scheduled me both Saturday and Sunday last week (the only days I get off during the week). I volunteered a few months ago for the Science Festival tomorrow, so I'm going to be dealing with between 250-300 kids from 11-4, and then come home and prepare for my fourth and fifth midterms next week, then work on Sunday because now nobody else can take my shift.

Which wouldn't be so bad, except I tried to do the right thing (rather than what my idiot coworker/secondary boss always does) and asked my boss, saying that--since Sundays haven't been that busy lately--if two people on-hand would be okay (since there's only two registers, and one of us inevitably ends up dicking around with our thumb up our ass because there's nothing to do). He said I'd have to find somebody to cover my shift; I told him nobody was available, he said I'd have to work. So, due to his fuckup last week, I've gone pretty much nonstop for two weeks, and now am going to have to wait another week to get my weekly one day off that I hammered home I needed at the fucking start of the school year. Meanwhile, idiot bitch is forgiven for doing little things, like...oh, forgetting she opens one day and not showing up for four hours after we're supposed to open.

Welp, fuck it. We're not going to be getting any numbers Sunday.

/rant.

Far

Far

I cannot for the life of me shake this funk and it irritates me to no end. I really have no reason to be so down and yet it persists. :angry:

strawman

strawman

Far said:
I cannot for the life of me shake this funk and it irritates me to no end. I really have no reason to be so down and yet it persists. :angry:
Well, hopefully a delivery of sexy, sexy underwear will cheer you up.

-Adam

Mr_Chaz

To reach my target for the day I've got to write 939 words in the next 40 minutes.

ElJuski

ElJuski

ARRRRGHHHHHH THE FUCKING FUCKKKKKK

(1) random drunk girl decides to throw up in my apartment and I'm the one considered an asshole

(2) friend decides to cockblock the fucking shit out of my ass and then wonders why I won't hook her up with my friend

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Scarlet Varlet

Scratched by briars and my right index finger has lost feeling. I need to be more careful. :ninja:

Gared

Gared

:angry: An hour in to my shift and we've already had 5 calls for confirmed fraudulent transactions. This company really needs to work on its fraud prevention software.

Wasabi Poptart

Kid sick all weekend with croup + late night ER visit + 1400 word essay due TODAY + finals coming up in two weeks + pediatrician appointment in about an hour = :aaahhh: :waah: :Leyla:

WildSoul said:
Kid sick all weekend with croup + late night ER visit + 1400 word essay due TODAY + finals coming up in two weeks + pediatrician appointment in about an hour = :aaahhh: :waah: :Leyla:
You're a superwoman. That's all I can say.

Bubble181

Bubble181

ZenMonkey said:
WildSoul said:
You're a superwoman. That's all I can say.

This, plus some extra-size hugs!

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's not "ample enough time", it's just ample time! And stop saying "aks" instead of ask! You want to be a teacher, damnit!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I can't concentrate on anything, last night I cried harder than I have since I was a child, and I'm pretty sure I know what's coming next...

...fuck my life, this sucks :tear:

Philosopher B.

ARGHARGHARGHARGH.

If people have a problem with me, they should whip it the fuck out and slap it on the table. People who dance around shit make me want to spit. I'm not even kidding. I'll gob that shit up and hurl it into the stratosphere. Shit will be mobile.

Goddamn.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Philosopher B. said:
they should whip it the smurf out and slap it on the table. I'm not even kidding. I'll gob that up.
teehee

Also I agree with the unedited statement. I hate when people can't just say "hey, I don't like you/have a problem."

strawman

strawman

LOOK. It's all very SIMPLE, see?

I rent a virtual private server from you.

I DON'T CARE that it's virtual, emulated, or anything else.

It should work EXACTLY like any other bog standard windows 2003 machine connected to the stupid internet.

DON'T TELL ME THAT CERTAIN THINGS WON'T WORK ON IT. If it doesn't work, then it's not a perfect emulation, and therefore isn't a private server (virtual or no), see?

MAKE IT WORK, PEON.

I'm obviously very spoiled by my old standby hosting service. If something didn't get fixed 5-20 minutes after emailing him, it was unusual. Unfortunately he doesn't offer windows VPS hosting. Bleah. Even my backup hosting company doesn't provide windows VPSs.

-Adam

Enresshou

Enresshou

ElJuski said:
ARRRRGHHHHHH THE smurfing FUCKKKKKK

(1) random drunk girl decides to throw up in my apartment and I'm the one considered an *

(2) friend decides to cockblock the smurfing poop out of my a** and then wonders why I won't hook her up with my friend

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I am strangely intrigued by this. What happened, both for the girl puking and why were you cockblocked?

Wasabi Poptart

Now that I've gotten a thesis statement, made an outline, and did a bunch of research, I realized I misread the instructions for my final paper and have to start over. Oh and it's due next week along with a sustainability plan that I haven't even started working on yet. :thumbsup:

Gared

Gared

Combined Rant and Win (but not Epic Win).

Rant: It's so slow today that it's been 2 hours since our last call and we have no emails to answer. I do not foresee volumes picking up anytime soon. This means that I will likely not get to take a vacation this year because we will not get to hire someone to cover sick days/vacations/etc. This will be the third year in a row when I would have loved to have taken a vacation and can't because no one can cover my shift.

We've actually run out of rationale for why it's so slow and have decided that everyone is so worried about H1N1 flu that no one is buying software online because everyone knows that all online purchases go through the N. Korean missile program computer system and seriously, when was the last time you saw Kim Jong Il wash his hands?

Win: It's so slow today that it's been 2 hours since our last call and I just got paid to watch Maverick. I do not foresee volumes picking up anytime soon. This means I will likely get paid to watch Good Morning Vietnam tomorrow.

Wasabi Poptart

Note to self: Do not ever left your dad and husband fix the refrigerator door again. Especially since it has now fallen off 3 times since they "fixed" it and the repairman can't get here until Tuesday. :grrr:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

My cat is currently laying on my laptop keyboard> She keeps the shift key pressed down< so I can"t use some punctuation< and she keeps pressing down a button that makes any link I click open in a new window>

Mostly inconvenient because I"m trying to do homework>

Silvanesti

I have an essay that I have to finish tonight, but I just can not start work on it... I just can't, Every little thing pulls me away. Gah.

David

David

A lady rear ended me this morning and when getting out of my car I accidentally locked myself out.

This has not been a good day so far :(

Silvanesti

You stupid motherfucker. I've spent a week working, researching and writing the essay and all you have to do is the introduction and conclusion. I write 8 pages, I expect you to at least write 2; one for intro, one for conclusion. You write 2 paragraphs.

AND YOU WRITE THE CONCLUSION starting with "and in conclusion" :explode: This isn't fucking 3rd grade. I know for a fact you spent all of 45 minutes working on this. and you're fucking going to get the same grade as I will.

FUCKING hate working with partners.

David

David

Silvanesti said:
You stupid mothersmurfer. I've spent a week working, researching and writing the essay and all you have to do is the introduction and conclusion. I write 8 pages, I expect you to at least write 2; one for intro, one for conclusion. You write 2 paragraphs.

AND YOU WRITE THE CONCLUSION starting with "and in conclusion" :explode: This isn't smurfing 3rd grade. I know for a fact you spent all of 45 minutes working on this. and you're smurfing going to get the same grade as I will.

smurfing hate working with partners.
In my senior year of high school my regular partner and I had a system for that. We'd just take turns doing the bulk of the work on each essay. It worked out wonderfully :uhhuh:

Like one week she would write out an essay on the main themes of Like Water for Chocolate while I just point out ideas, the next she would be the idea-man for an essay on MacBeth while I figure out how to write it.

Silvanesti

David said:
Silvanesti said:
You stupid mothersmurfer. I've spent a week working, researching and writing the essay and all you have to do is the introduction and conclusion. I write 8 pages, I expect you to at least write 2; one for intro, one for conclusion. You write 2 paragraphs.

AND YOU WRITE THE CONCLUSION starting with "and in conclusion" :explode: This isn't smurfing 3rd grade. I know for a fact you spent all of 45 minutes working on this. and you're smurfing going to get the same grade as I will.

smurfing hate working with partners.
In my senior year of high school my regular partner and I had a system for that. We'd just take turns doing the bulk of the work on each essay. It worked out wonderfully :uhhuh:

Like one week she would write out an essay on the main themes of Like Water for Chocolate while I just point out ideas, the next she would be the idea-man for an essay on MacBeth while I figure out how to write it.
That wouldn't be a bad plan, but this is an online class and the prof has changed our partners every essay. The thing that pisses me off, I agreed to take the major major bulk of the paper, I was not expecting much from this idiot, but even with that it was still a failure.

Wasabi Poptart

This week just needs to be doused with a liberal amount of flammable liquid, touched off with a match, and forgotten. :explode:

Silvanesti

WildSoul said:
This week just needs to be doused with a liberal amount of flammable liquid, touched off with a match, and forgotten. :explode:
Couldn't agree more

Batdan

WildSoul said:
You read my mind!

WildSoul said:
You really have had the week from hell, poor thing. Here.