RANT III - Anything and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
:explode: My office is on a residential block surrounded by apartment complexes. The road that leads to it is a nice, wide avenue with no stripes (basically wide enough for 2 lanes a turn lane and small shoulders.) I turn onto this road, the car behind me is right on my bumper, and I coast down the hill gaining speed up to 40 in a 30 mph zone. Doing so I put some separation between us, I reach the bottom of the hill where my office is. I notice that I am speeding, put on my left turn signal, edge over to my left to give room for the car coming up on my FAST to go around to the right... start the left hand turn into my parking lot... AND THE DUMB BITCH PASSES ME ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE :explode: :explode: :explode:

fade

Staff member
Calleja said:
I know, life, ok? I KNOW I'm depressed and apathetic and detached and need to do something about it! I KNOW! You can stop sending me signs that I'm depressed... I'm well aware, thank you.. I'll get my poop together when the family shitstorm calms down a bit. That sound ok to you? Or am I supposed to be the selfish * who asks for therapy when there's no money for therapy?

Don't you talk back to me, life!

That's better. Now let's watch some Red Dwarf and fall asleep, m'kay?
If it's any consolation, I've always liked you, you crazy Mexican bastard.

Cajungal

Staff member
^Ditto. ^_^

ARGH. I wish my dad didn't know what email was..... or facebook. He's pestering all of his kids' friends to friend him on facebook. He does so much networking for his job that a social website is like CRACK for him. And he LOVES sending emails that people have fwd'ed a million times. The ones that begin with: "WARNING! THIS IS HOW SHERYL CROW GOT CANCER!" or "HERE'S ONE FOR THE LADIES" or "NOT A HOAX."

:facepalm:

The most exhausting of all are the bottled water emails... why it's bad, etc. etc. I buy it more than anyone in my family, yes, but it's not all I drink. I'm just on the road a lot, and I lose my refillable water bottles a lot. It's getting to where I need to buy a nice one so I'll care enough not to leave it places. Anyway, I'm killing the planet and giving myself cancer in the process, and dad won't let me forget it for one goddamn minute. :explode:

Cajungal said:
^Ditto. ^_^

ARGH. I wish my dad didn't know what email was..... or facebook. He's pestering all of his kids' friends to friend him on facebook. He does so much networking for his job that a social website is like CRACK for him. And he LOVES sending emails that people have fwd'ed a million times. The ones that begin with: "WARNING! THIS IS HOW SHERYL CROW GOT CANCER!" or "HERE'S ONE FOR THE LADIES" or "NOT A HOAX."

:facepalm:

The most exhausting of all are the bottled water emails... why it's bad, etc. etc. I buy it more than anyone in my family, yes, but it's not all I drink. I'm just on the road a lot, and I lose my refillable water bottles a lot. It's getting to where I need to buy a nice one so I'll care enough not to leave it places. Anyway, I'm killing the planet and giving myself cancer in the process, and dad won't let me forget it for one goddamn minute. :explode:
Find something wrong with something that he likes to do and start bombarding him with e-mails about it.

Cajungal

Staff member
That would be eating (and drinking). My Dad's obese. The best part of THAT is when I bring home soda he's always like, "You sure you wanna drink that?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

Cajungal said:
That would be eating (and drinking). My Dad's obese. The best part of THAT is when I bring home soda he's always like, "You sure you wanna drink that?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
I only drink the zero calorie stuff myself. Alot of it tastes like crap, but it's really help me manage my weight.

W

Wasabi Poptart

CG, we must be related some how. My dad isn't obese, but he's got high cholesterol and blood pressure. He eats like a maniac. When he's visiting, or when I was living at home, he would nitpick over my food choices. Let me say one thing about what he eats or how he doesn't take his medication, though. :eek:rly:

He also likes to forward emails. I don't think he bothers to read them. He just sends them on. I've never gotten so much bullshit in my life. If it's not about how terrible President Obama is then it's about Jesus, God, and rah-rah USA! or some old misinformation about a common product that will kill us, our kids, and our pets. I have gotten to the point where I just delete what he sends.

Cajungal

Staff member
YEP, me too. If I see a subject from him that isn't "hello" "hi" "I love ya" or "business trip," I just delete.

I drink diet soda sometimes too, Ash, but my philosophy is usually this: If I'm gonna drink something besides milk or water during the day, I'd rather just enjoy my soda and tack an extra 20 minutes on my workout than to choke down what is basically brown water (or clear, fizzy water if you're drinking sprite).

Cajungal said:
YEP, me too. If I see a subject from him that isn't "hello" "hi" "I love ya" or "business trip," I just delete.

I drink diet soda sometimes too, Ash, but my philosophy is usually this: If I'm gonna drink something besides milk or water during the day, I'd rather just enjoy my soda and tack an extra 20 minutes on my workout than to choke down what is basically brown water (or clear, fizzy water if you're drinking sprite).
I USUALLY drink bottled water with something mixed in (I love those Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry Blast singles) but if I'm drinking soda, it's usually Diet Rite Tangerine. I find that the fruiter diet stuff usually has a much better taste than the Cola.

Cajungal

Staff member
Man, one time I drank diet Sunkist... it tasted like.... plywood. But I've never tried any other fruity diet soda.

I'm all spoiled when it comes to artificial sweeteners. My parents buy this 5-calorie stuff that's a blend of sugar and sweetener, and it's all I'll ever drink. I just ... steal some from their house when I visit. :p Take that, naggy father!

Cajungal said:
And he LOVES sending emails that people have fwd'ed a million times. The ones that begin with: "WARNING! THIS IS HOW SHERYL CROW GOT CANCER!" or "HERE'S ONE FOR THE LADIES" or "NOT A HOAX."
My mother in law used to to do that to me, so I'd look it up on Snopes and then do a Reply to All and send a link. It was mean, but she started looking things up before she sent them and my inbox is way less crowded with garbage.

Cajungal said:
Man, one time I drank diet Sunkist... it tasted like.... plywood. But I've never tried any other fruity diet soda.

I'm all spoiled when it comes to artificial sweeteners. My parents buy this 5-calorie stuff that's a blend of sugar and sweetener, and it's all I'll ever drink. I just ... steal some from their house when I visit. :p Take that, naggy father!
Are you talking about Splenda? Yeah, I think that's what Diet Rite uses.

Cajungal

Staff member
No, not splenda... it's a blend of sugar and the same stuff that's in Truvia, I think. Truvia's also delicious.

I can drink hot coffee with splenda, but not soft drinks. I'm some kinda fake sugar snob. :(

This is not a "you guys have it easy" because my mom is the nagging one so I relate, but I would be really happy if my dad cared enough to email me at all.

You think *I'M* old? You should see my mom & dad. They think a computer is a magic thinkin' box and that there are really tiny people in their TV.

So even if my dad wanted to do something like talk to me he couldn't do it by email. He also hates to talk on the phone and can't drive very well. So...Morse code?

W

Wasabi Poptart

Edrondol said:
You think *I'M* old? You should see my mom & dad. They think a computer is a magic thinkin' box and that there are really tiny people in their TV.

So even if my dad wanted to do something like talk to me he couldn't do it by email. He also hates to talk on the phone and can't drive very well. So...Morse code?
Smoke signals.

My aunt gave my grandpa her old computer so he could keep his pictures on it, he was just taking his digital camera in to Walmart and printing them all. He started telling my mom about how he was getting emails and she couldn't figure out how since she knew he didn't have internet access. Apparently he was going through all my aunts old emails thinking they were his.

A long time ago when my now-ex-girlfriend wouldn't stop forwarding e-mails, I simply set a filter that puts everything with "fwd:" in the subject line directly in the trash. There's been no problems ever since.

Until people started doing the same thing on myspace. At the most extreme, I've had to deal with friends being butt-hurt that I removed them from my myspace friends because it was the only way to stop receiving their bombardment of spam.

Cajungal

Staff member
ZenMonkey said:
This is not a "you guys have it easy" because my mom is the nagging one so I relate, but I would be really happy if my dad cared enough to email me at all.
:(

*HUG*

*goes off to call dad*

Cajungal

Staff member
Ok... I'm not mad about this... I'm more..... stunned.

TMI ahead. Read no further if you like to pretend that women are flowery-smelling, non-humans who aren't as gross as men:

GOD
, woman! For you to make that kind of stank in a public restroom, it must have been an emergency... I mean... not to take that kind of thing home. Jesus. Half an hour later, it still lingered. I sprayed the Lysol. Bleh. 'Almost ruined my coffee and croissant experience.

Cajungal said:

TMI ahead. Read no further if you like to pretend that women are flowery-smelling, non-humans who aren't as gross as men:

GOD
, woman! For you to make that kind of stank in a public restroom, it must have been an emergency... I mean... not to take that kind of thing home. Jesus. Half an hour later, it still lingered. I sprayed the Lysol. Bleh. 'Almost ruined my coffee and croissant experience.

Cajungal

Staff member
:rofl:

Either that or she sloughed off her human disguise and revealed her true identity as a methane beast from the planet Retch.

The worst thing is when that happens, then you're alone in there, then someone else comes in when you're washing your hands and you desperately want to say "IT WASN'T ME!"

Cajungal

Staff member
YES! I don't think I've ever peed so fast in my life.

Hmm, I think I unlocked a new achievement.

"Describing your bathroom activity for strangers"

Cajungal said:
Hmm, I think I unlocked a new achievement.

"Describing your bathroom activity for strangers"
I'm fairly certain someone unlocked that the first day HF existed. :rofl:

ZenMonkey said:
The worst thing is when that happens, then you're alone in there, then someone else comes in when you're washing your hands and you desperately want to say "IT WASN'T ME!"
I was working as the IT guy at a very small insurance company. I don't know what I ate the night before but my trip to the restroom was sudden, resonant and odoriferous. While I was in the middle of my journey to liquefied hell someone came in and hesitated before starting to use the urinal. I finished before him and stepped out. My friend Ryan was there. He immediately started making fun of me due to my smelly nature.

About that time (I finished washing my hands and him just coming to the sink) someone else came in and stopped dead in his tracks due to the stench.

Before leaving I looked at Ryan and said, "I gotta get out of here! You stink, dude!"

Edrondol said:
ZenMonkey said:
I was working as the IT guy at a very small insurance company. I don't know what I ate the night before but my trip to the restroom was sudden, resonant and odoriferous. While I was in the middle of my journey to liquefied * someone came in and hesitated before starting to use the urinal. I finished before him and stepped out. My friend Ryan was there. He immediately started making fun of me due to my smelly nature.

About that time (I finished washing my hands and him just coming to the sink) someone else came in and stopped dead in his tracks due to the stench.

Before leaving I looked at Ryan and said, "I gotta get out of here! You stink, dude!"
It shames me that your potty stories fill me with such glee.

But only a little... :rofl:

Cajungal said:

GOD
Yesterday I got off work, called my best friend and invited him to have dinner and see Star Trek with me. He could not do dinner, but would make it to the movie. I go eat a a Tex-Mex place next to the movies. While there I downed 2 1/2glasses of tea. Then just before the movie started I bought a large Diet Coke (I just can't sit in an over air conditioned movie with out one.) By time the movie ended (I did not think it would be that long of a movie) I was hurting. I bolt out before the credits start to roll, to only get caught behind an elderly couple slowly making their way out. I made my saving throw against pushing past them. I get to the restroom and the urinals were in use, so I go to the only stall there.

The person before me must have had EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. The thing was full and the seat was covered. I had no choice. I flushed, aimed, looked at the ceiling, and answered the call of nature while holding my breath. I am normally a little queasy, but I made it through with out any mishaps. I leave the stall and gave the guy behind me a sheepish look and rushed to wash my hands and leave. I just hope the guy did not think I was the perpetrator of that crime against the other patrons of the theater.

I am greatly saddened that I can no longer drink Lipton's tea (iced or hot). Not that there aren't plenty (and I do mean plenty) of better brands of tea out there, but you can buy Lipton's anywhere you go. And I can't drink it. It makes me ill. But only theirs.

P

Philosopher B.

So, I took this class. I got a 94, a 96, a 97, and a 98 on the tests. I showed up to every class but one, handed in homework every time it was requried except once, participated in all the little group get-togethers, etc.

What is the final class grade I was just emailed? An 86.

Somebody get a gun and shoot me. Just pull the trigger. I don't want to live.

Z

Zarvox

Well, if he did badly on the homework he did turn in, or if homework is weighted heavily and not much of it was assigned, that could bring him down.

P

Philosopher B.

Espy said:
How is that even possible Phil?
I don't know. I wasn't HUGELY vocal in the class (something she liked) but I spoke up now and then, and more than some students. I'm hoping she somehow typed it wrong in the email and it'll be higher when I get the official grades in the mail, but I'm not expecting it to be.

Argh ...

- Philosopher B., going away to look at course syllabuses and returned homework.

Thats what I'm asking I guess, what caused the low grade? You piss in the teachers coffee?

Oh and I'm almost done with my final paper for the next 3 weeks!!! Then I'm working on securing the rights to my bands first single (it's a cover) and releasing it!
I had to get that out, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.