Random Video Game Crap

So there's a Russian Youtuber, Warlockracy, who does reviews mostly on weird Fallout 2 total conversions (which are big outside of the anglosphere apparently) and he posts generally once a month and I'll tell you, since he's not coy about his opinions on the situation in Russia, I'm happy and slightly relieved every time he posts a new video.

Reactions: Cat
Yeah, their wrestling career started as a mockery of Cody Rhodes' Stardust character that hasn't existed for.....6 years, long, long before they came out as non-binary. Jesus it's been a long time.

1664214852922.png

Which slowly transformed into their current Commander Sterling character, which is a much different thing.

1664214986091.png

Yeah, they were doing it in Boston and Mississippi (even doing the long drives for that just to get the experience) but never got the push they needed because American Wrestling audiences are so hostile to LGBTQA people in general. They've got their own promotion over in England now, where they'll be going up against Kid Bandit (a fucking huge indie wrestler that recently went up against Malakai Black from AEW).

I'll speculate an actual ingame lore reason that Geralt doesn't fish. The Last Wish story he fishes up a Djinn while fishing for supper with Dandelion and that has caused his life no end of turmoil since. He might have kinda got turned off of fishing after that.

I'd just like to note that while you can get married and have children in Stardew Valley, which indicates that intimate relations almost certainly take place, none of it happens on-screen.

At least, not without mods.

... When.... When was Steam ever considered dead? At all?
"PC gaming is dead" has been an on-going sentiment off and on for more than a decade, usually coming up whenever Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo get a killer exclusive. Usually for the same reasons...

- It costs too much to get into
- The PC gaming community is too toxic
- PC gaming doesn't get killer exclusives like consoles do
- etc

Or the notion that single player games are dead.

Stadia executives passed on a Stadia exclusive by Kojima because of that.

Dear gaming industry,

Sometimes when I go climb into my escapist video game fantasy world(s), I do so because I want to be left the fuck alone, and not because I felt like spending some quality rando time stumping for LFG's.

Sincerely,

--Patrick
The AAA Games Industry send this engraved message on customized letterhead:

"Dear Consumer,

Why is our money cow talking to us like its opinion matters? Just look at the flashing lights and open your wallet like a good little customer."
-------------
The indie developing world also sent this on a Post-It:

"Dear Patrick,

I know, right? Fuck those guys."
(but the handwriting varied from word to word, and a smear of mustard was on the Post-It, so... kind of a mixed bag).

Looks like the Overwatch 2 launch is not going as expected.

Thankfully you can still play the first Overwatch....oh.

It's not just that. Some people using prepaid phone plans can not play the game. To play it's required to use a SMS authentification system.

Looks like Blizzard leave people with prepaid phones out of Overwatch 2, thinking they couldn't afford the battle pass anyway.
It's turning into a 100% default assumption that everyone has an active phone with SMS available. A decent number of Canada's government websites require it now; get fucked if you don't have a cell, I guess.

Looks like Blizzard leave people with prepaid phones out of Overwatch 2, thinking they couldn't afford the battle pass anyway.
We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.
…and this was only day 2.

—Patrick

It's turning into a 100% default assumption that everyone has an active phone with SMS available. A decent number of Canada's government websites require it now; get fucked if you don't have a cell, I guess.
Yeah, can't log into CRA now without a text message. Bonkers.

LOL, yeah, the website closing for the evening is some of the weirdest only the government would do something this fucking backwards thing.