Random Video Game Crap

I've done something like the VR thing before and we never had that issue. Though to be fair our setup was more complete with tracker markers on our hands, feet and guns as well.

There are people who are mad that characters like Kitana went from looking like this in past games:

maxresdefault.jpg

mk11___kitana___ps4_themes___by_pbd_by_pbdesign28_dd4gimh-pre.jpg

To this. And I am fucking flabbergasted. The new models are incredible.

There are people who are mad that characters like Kitana went from looking like this in past games:

View attachment 30801

View attachment 30802

To this. And I am fucking flabbergasted. The new models are incredible.
Gamers are the worst.

Now, a real thing to be upset about might be the loot-boxification of the crypt and all of the microtransactions, as well as how grindy unlocking things has become as a result, but terrible WB business practices don't get people as riled as sjws taking away their digital tiddies!

Gamers are the worst.

Now, a real thing to be upset about might be the loot-boxification of the crypt and all of the microtransactions, as well as how grindy unlocking things has become as a result, but terrible WB business practices don't get people as riled as sjws taking away their digital tiddies!
Yeah, the 3000 hours or 6000 dollars to unlock everything number made me wretch.

It's a good thing I don't actually like playing Mortal Kombat and just spent a day sick in bed watching the entire storyline on Youtube (Which was fucking batshit insane in the best possible way, minus SHITTY Ronda Rousey VAing).

I highly recommend people spend 4 sweaty, feverish hours watching the cutscenes. They're great! You don't have to play Mortal Kombat's God awful janky fighting game that's not fun in any way.

More nonsense.

That's not even her base skin. This is, and it's fucking awesome. She's a God damn blood witch.

I love playing mortal kombat games, but I don't like how this one just turned into injustice. That combined with WB doing their best to become the new worst company in gaming means I'll be staying far away from the game.

But I second watching the cutscenes, fever optional.

PS spoilers

Lui Kang and Kitana becoming new elder gods to rule over a new timeline of their crafting was pretty bananas and I did not see that coming. This may have been one of the first timey wimey (Timequake!) storylines I didn't actively hate. Loved all the past selves and future selves all interacting. Roundy Rousey is hard to listen to and about 98% reduction in quality over Trisha Helfer. Didn't quite like Cassie's new VA either.

It really is too bad this game is mired in how shitty a company WB is.

GasBandit

Staff member
This might be one to watch. Just entering early access now, Out of Space seems to be a multiplayer sims clone? Both local and online multiplayer. Requires controller(s) to play, though... no kb/m.

GasBandit

Staff member
It doesn't currently have online multiplayer though from what I see.
Yeah, they're still working on the online multiplayer but it's in the works. It just now entered early access. Like I said, one to watch, but I'm not buying it yet until it's further along in development.

figmentPez

Staff member
This might be one to watch. Just entering early access now, Out of Space seems to be a multiplayer sims clone? Both local and online multiplayer. Requires controller(s) to play, though... no kb/m.

Knowing the developer (Knights of Pen & Paper, Chroma Squad) the meta-humor will be strong with this one.

This Twitter thread outlines some problems Nintendo has. Long story short:

If you get suspended or banned from Nintendo online, there's no formal appeal process. Your only recourse is calling customer service.
BUUUUT, customer service is given no training on how to handle those calls. The customer service rep in this situation was laid off for saying anything that wasn't mentioned in the email.
Like, the flag got my attention but this isn't about that. I've known Nintendo is terrible at helping customers but I had no idea it was because they're also terrible at handling employees.
And yet "we said it therefore that is the end of it" feels just right for Nanny Nintendo.

MCCC (a major Sims 4 mod) discord made a rule change that suggests they're monitoring your behavior elsewhere and expecting you to conform to their TOS outside of their forum. "It has come to our attention that you're a user of a banned-in-our-discord mod." If it never came up in their discord, how did it come to their attention?