Random Video Game Crap

So, you ever wonder whatever happened to Yandere Simulator?

Soo, TLDR version? After 5 years of development, the whole thing is a nightmare of spaghetti code lashing together assets taken straight from the unity asset store, the mod community is doing more for the game than the dev has been, and speaking of the dev, he kinda went off the deep end and turned into a massive shit.

So, yeah, RIP Yandere Simulator and all it could have been.
Yeah, I kind of gave up on this a long time ago. He'd actually get the entire thing done faster if he scrapped all the coding, hired a professional, and let them go at it. But it'll never happen so the game's never going to be finished. Also, he's an asshole so fuck him.

GasBandit

Staff member
He'd actually get the entire thing done faster if he scrapped all the coding, hired a professional, and let them go at it. But it'll never happen so the game's never going to be finished.
Actually, according to the video, he did exactly that... but then bitched about not liking the result (read: "I can't read actual code") and got dropped by the company that supplied the programmer.

It just occurred to me that Red Dead Redemption 2 is a prequel, while simultaneously actually being the 3rd game despite being named 2.

GasBandit

Staff member
Of course they implement group streaming as soon as I set up things to do it myself.

But hey, I'm down for HALFORUMS KARAOKE NIGHT

GasBandit

Staff member

Real talk though, it's not like Games Workshop hasn't put out more than their fair share of shitty mobile cashgrabs.

figmentPez

Staff member
Blizzard's response to the hoopla - "Many of us over the last few years have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile. We have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs."

Yes, Blizzard is going full on mobile for the Chinese markets and fuck you, PC gamers who made us what we are today.
Translation: "Our developers have no time for a home life and have to get in their gaming on mobile because their personal desktops are gathering dust at home. We plan to fully exploit a market where gaming is scrounged from moments of free time; being less of a hobby and more of a desperate grasp for sanity."

Our developers have no time for a home life
Well, they're...developers.

Though I would of course question the wisdom of assuming that everyone else's lifestyle parallels that of a software developer, especially one who works in the gaming industry.

--Patrick

Their target is China. They're probably not wrong.
Or old farts. Again, citing myself as the example, between kids and a job, I only really sit down and play games on my PC two or three times a week. I play games on my phone every single day, because I can do it while waiting in line, making dinner, having sex, etc.*

*Obviously, I'm kidding. That's how you miss the really high scoring moves.

I agree with much of what he said, though I'm not as far along as to get to that island that turns the game into a shooting gallery.

I will add that the controls at times can at best be described as mushy. They feel so imprecise any time you're trying to do anything that requires fine control. I can't count the number of bounties I've got because someone decided to walk into my horse while I was daring to ride through town at more than a canter or side missions I've failed because I happened to aim at someone in error.

Also, it's a very, very slow game punctuated by things happening all at once and is what I've been using to close out my night the last week or so because of it.

It is amazing to just roam around the world and come across all these random encounters though.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
We have a new advertising client called "Raven Homes" and it's all I can do to resist putting "We don't go to Raven Homes" in their ad.

We have a new advertising client called "Raven Homes" and it's all I can do to resist putting "We don't go to Raven Homes" in their ad.
Awesome, but whenever I re-play HL:2, I use the menu to skip past that section. I just don't find it fun.