Random Video Game Crap

I'm surprised at how playable it still looks.
Also, I feel any "crabby", "bucket of crabs" or "shellfish" puns are just too obvious and easy.

You know how he sometimes turns around suddenly? Like at 0:32? I imagine it's because someone yelled, "Dude, there's a crab on your back!" And he's all like, "What?! Where?!"

I was thinking of making a thread for discussing character names and how you came up with a name for a character you use in a game, tabletop or vidja.

Any interest?

GasBandit

Staff member
I was thinking of making a thread for discussing character names and how you came up with a name for a character you use in a game, tabletop or vidja.

Any interest?
I think we've done that once or twice, but it's been at least a few years. Why not, eh?

Video game pet peeve of mine, every time a bit of shitty DLC is referred to as a pack or a bundle I want to delete the entire concept of video games from the face of the world. I don't know why. I just hate it.

OOOOOOH, it's the Arkham Clay Pigeons Pack! IT COMES WITH A COSTUME! 3.99!

GasBandit

Staff member
Video game pet peeve of mine, every time a bit of shitty DLC is referred to as a pack or a bundle I want to delete the entire concept of video games from the face of the world. I don't know why. I just hate it.

OOOOOOH, it's the Arkham Clay Pigeons Pack! IT COMES WITH A COSTUME! 3.99!
At least they don't spell pack "P-A-K." That makes me want to headbutt babies to death.

Ah, the Protectors.
I thought you were referencing the SFB Kzinti conundrum.

--Patrick
That's an interesting situation. Since Larry Niven did work on some official Star Trek products and have been referenced in others, some people consider the Kzinti to be an official part of the Star Trek Universe. My buddy John's homebrew, which is essentially set in the Mirror Universe (where instead of the United Federation of Planets, it's the Terran Star Empire), calls them "Mrerans" but they're Kzin with the numbers filed off.

That's an interesting situation. Since Larry Niven did work on some official Star Trek products and have been referenced in others, some people consider the Kzinti to be an official part of the Star Trek Universe. My buddy John's homebrew, which is essentially set in the Mirror Universe (where instead of the United Federation of Planets, it's the Terran Star Empire), calls them "Mrerans" but they're Kzin with the numbers filed off.
The same thing happened with Star Fleet Battles (SFB), where the pen-and-paper version of the game included the Kzinti but when they came out with the computer version ("Star Trek: Starfleet Command"), the Kzinti (a favored race of SFB players) were left out because of rights issues. They were added back in (sorta) as the "Mirak" race, which was a completely different race...except for having the same stats, ships, etc. as the Kzinti.

--Patrick

I make it no secret that I'm a big fan of Jim Sterling's work. I know some on here don't feel the same way and that's fine. That said, here's a good summation of Sterling's feud with "developer" (and I use that term very loosely) Digital Homicide.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wish battlefield 4 hadn't been on Origin. I had a free code to get it with my video card. Maybe otherwise, I'd have gotten in on some of these crazy shenanigans.