Random Video Game Crap

Sort of. The main issue with signs is kids eating in the library when there's big huge NO FOOD OR DRINK signs everywhere, even on the tables.

Computers actually aren't an issue most of the time, save the one time I caught a kid playing Runescape. They can't install stuff, so he must have brought it on an external drive or something.
I spent a month as a security guard in a uni library, specifically to police everybody eating/drinking (water in closed bottles was allowed)/smoking. First time offense was ejection for the day; the second, for a week. The third (and yes, eating and drinking at the same time counted as two offenses) was an automatic fail for the semester (well, it was a written letter to the dean of your faculty informing them of this, and all deans had agreed to auto-fail those caught thrice).

Maybe a bit harsh, but there were very few people we had to write up a third time. And, you know, we tried to be reasonable. "handling old tomes" is different from "being at a study table with nothing on there but your own papers" (officially it wasn't) - we still wouldn't accept anything noisy or crumbly or with a possibility to stain, but still... On a table like that we'd probably give an oral warning and a "I'll be back in 10 minutes" thing. I actually did have to send someone out with a McDonalds hamburger while reading a book from before World War I, once. That guy came back and got caught with an open bottle of coke a few days later, and got his semester wasted.

Man, that was a fun time. Power! MUHAHAHAH! *cough* I mean, being able to do something about one of my biggest pet peeves.

Jim Sterling discusses fighting copyright claims from big corporations. His rather brilliant solution? Include multiple pieces of footage that he KNOWS will get copyright claimed in order to steal his non-existent monetization (because he's Patreon-supported). So rather than any of these corporations making money off his videos, none of them do because they're all fighting it out.

@figmentPez Need to have sound turned on. If you did--I invaded someone else's game and was trying to find them. I pulled that lever to bring down the staircase and access the next part of the area. I didn't know the host was on one of the sections connecting it to other places or on it itself and moving, so instead of having a big fight to kill the world's host, I killed them by accident just trying to reach them. That scream is the host falling to his death.

@figmentPez Need to have sound turned on. If you did--I invaded someone else's game and was trying to find them. I pulled that lever to bring down the staircase and access the next part of the area. I didn't know the host was on one of the sections connecting it to other places or on it itself and moving, so instead of having a big fight to kill the world's host, I killed them by accident just trying to reach them. That scream is the host falling to his death.
Good job, Kronk.

Sadly, I am FAR too busy with ESO right now. I'm probably going to wait until the next issue and buy the last three and have a fun weekend.

I'd be willing to fire this game up again if any Halforumites would want to play.
I'm a Templar Paladin (DPS - pistols and sword). I'm close to finishing Transylvania (Carpathian Fangs), but I'm up for re-running other missions. Username: Relana42. I've been pretty active in TSW up until two weeks ago when I started The Castle mission, got pissed off (I HATE stealth missions, and this is the worst), had a semi-rage-quit moment and started playing SWTOR. Not a wise life choice. I need to get back into TSW.

Sadly, I am FAR too busy with ESO right now. I'm probably going to wait until the next issue and buy the last three and have a fun weekend.
I still have my ESO subscription, but only play it on and off. I went back for the Anniversary Weekend to use the cake to level up to VR16. :D Got a lot of Orsinium quests done, but I haven't been into Cyrodiil since before they added the Imperial City. Have you done that? Is it good?

I still have my ESO subscription, but only play it on and off. I went back for the Anniversary Weekend to use the cake to level up to VR16. :D Got a lot of Orsinium quests done, but I haven't been into Cyrodiil since before they added the Imperial City. Have you done that? Is it good?
Imperial City is trash unless you are super hardcore in PVP. It's full of V16 C500+ leet pvp kiddies that can literally kill you in less than 2 seconds. I say that as someone who is tanky enough for the hardest PVE content.... and the only other thing the DLC provides is a decent group dungeon.

Thieves Guild is great though. Fun story, lots of fun thieves stuff to do, new items to help you become a better thief and a passive skill line as well. I recommend that one. We also have Dark Brotherhood coming in June.

Imperial City is trash unless you are super hardcore in PVP. It's full of V16 C500+ leet pvp kiddies that can literally kill you in less than 2 seconds. I say that as someone who is tanky enough for the hardest PVE content.... and the only other thing the DLC provides is a decent group dungeon.

Thieves Guild is great though. Fun story, lots of fun thieves stuff to do, new items to help you become a better thief and a passive skill line as well. I recommend that one. We also have Dark Brotherhood coming in June.
That's too bad. That sort of behavior is what killed PVP for me, one alliance dominating a PVP server and not letting the other two alliances gain any ground at all. I've been on both sides of that, and it's not fun either way.

I've heard good things about Thieves Guild, but I've never had a lot of fun playing a thief (or any sort of sneaky characters). It's part of that "I hate stealth missions" thing. :D But I'll give it a try once I finish Orsinium. And I've liked Dark Brotherhood stuff even less, I just can't get into being an assassin. Though I made an exception for that abusive woman running the Riften orphanage in Skyrim. :awesome:

That's too bad. That sort of behavior is what killed PVP for me, one alliance dominating a PVP server and not letting the other two alliances gain any ground at all. I've been on both sides of that, and it's not fun either way.

I've heard good things about Thieves Guild, but I've never had a lot of fun playing a thief (or any sort of sneaky characters). It's part of that "I hate stealth missions" thing. :D But I'll give it a try once I finish Orsinium. And I've liked Dark Brotherhood stuff even less, I just can't get into being an assassin. Though I made an exception for that abusive woman running the Riften orphanage in Skyrim. :awesome:
One of the things that is new in Thieves Guild is the introduction of Thieves Caches throughout the game world... one of the most common items from these chests are "Thieves Escape Draught" (which gives you increased movement speed and stam recovery) and "Thieves Stealth Draught" (which turns you invisible and recovers stam). The Stealth Draught is fantastic: it can really help sneak past guards and such. You can also get pardons from these chests, which reduce your bounty by a set amount. Great for when you've been spotted but don't want to lose your loot.

Basically, the Thieves Guild stuff made being a thief much easier.

That is exactly the case. When you invade, you have no idea what you're getting into. The poor guy in the video above never had a chance.
How fun. "Drop into a situation where 4 people are just raring to fuck you in your eyesockets! Maybe you'll pull a level to move some scenery and accidentally kill your target without ever seeing them! Who the fuck knows with this fucking game!"

GasBandit

Staff member
How fun. "Drop into a situation where 4 people are just raring to fuck you in your eyesockets! Maybe you'll pull a level to move some scenery and accidentally kill your target without ever seeing them! Who the fuck knows with this fucking game!"
Well, to be fair, you only get in that situation because you pushed the "I want to go into somebody else's game and fuck them over" button.

Well, to be fair, you only get in that situation because you pushed the "I want to go into somebody else's game and fuck them over" button.
Exactly. Dark Souls encouraged you to be as cruel as you can when it comes to invading people, but it also encourages you to fuck with invaders as much as you want. That's why they included things like Giant's Seeds, which you can use to make normal enemies aggro on invaders (they usually don't) or using traps against them. Dark Souls's developers revel in it's own cruelty.

If anything, it's the player base that has proven to be more honorable about stuff like this than the developers. You might find videos of guys setting up ambushes, but you'll also countless videos of invaders and invadees alike just engaging in the most comical of shit. There is a reason we call it Jolly Co-operation.

Has this been posted before? It's pretty funny. I particularly love the gang-like poses his friends have in the "look behind you" moment.

GasBandit

Staff member
This was also funny back in Dark Souls 2 - you dress yourself up like an NPC, lure the NPC away from his post, kill it out of sight, then return to the NPC's normal position and stand there motionless while the invading player goes nuts trying to find you.

Exactly. Dark Souls encouraged you to be as cruel as you can when it comes to invading people, but it also encourages you to fuck with invaders as much as you want. That's why they included things like Giant's Seeds, which you can use to make normal enemies aggro on invaders (they usually don't) or using traps against them. Dark Souls's developers revel in it's own cruelty.
What people using Giant's Seeds don't seem to realize is that invaders can kite them to NPCs. Mwahahaha! :devil:

But yeah, if you choose to invade someone, you accept all the consequences. Since invasion happens against the host, odds are in the host's favor. Past weekend, I invaded someone's world, killed the host's sunbro, was after the host, and then got the warning that a blue sentinel (for those who don't know, they're players who sign up to protect hosts from people like me) was coming in. I get hit by the blue sentinel from behind, turn around--there's THREE blue sentinels. I've never seen three in one game; I didn't even know it was possible.

I fucking ran.

Into a dead end. While one stayed with the host, the other two pinned me to the wall and decorated it with my guts.

I fucking love the PVP in Dark Souls 3. I get double the items for killing a blue sentinel.