Random Video Game Crap

I never got the point of "surround sound" headphones anyway. What can they do that my M50s can't? (besides the microphone, of course)

I never got the point of "surround sound" headphones anyway. What can they do that my M50s can't? (besides the microphone, of course)
I use surround sound headphones for gaming. While they don't give you actual surround sound, they emulate it well enough for you to tell whether a sound is coming from forward or behind

Dark Souls 3 is like 60 bucks Canadian....which is an absurd price considering what other companies are charging. Compared to the 80 or 90 the other big publishers want it seems like an outright steal.

Had to buy it immediately once I learned that Bamco has been raising the game's price on Steam in a bunch of territories where the game is cheaper than the US version and since 60 CAD is 45 USD, seems like a safe bet.

Also, it comes out when I'll have nothing but days and days and days and days of free time thanks to being a Crippled MacCrippleburg.

Last edited:
Dark Souls 3 is like 60 bucks Canadian....which is an absurd price considering what other companies are charging. Compared to the 80 or 90 the other big publishers want it seems like an outright steal.

Had to buy it immediately once I learned that Bamco has been raising the game's price on Steam in a bunch of territories where the game is cheaper than the US version and since 60 CAD is 45 USD, seems like a safe bet.

Also, it comes out when I'll have nothing but days and days and days and days of free time thanks to being a Crippled MacCrippleburg.
Supposedly there's also a discount if you already own another Dark Souls game? But I can't verify that because consoles.

GasBandit

Staff member
Brentalfloss finally got around to making a song about Minecraft. He pretty accurately sums up the minecraft experience.

Still can't see the beginning of that video without hearing the Inception theme, since so much of it is lifted right from the unofficial "trailer" video:

--Patrick

Hyper Light Drifter looks really cool, and I'm trying very hard not to buy it since I still have two other games to get some progress on first.

Yeah I had thought there was an embargo on uploading anything past like the Tutorial area in the English version until release day, but I'm starting to see a ton of playthroughs.

Yeah I had thought there was an embargo on uploading anything past like the Tutorial area in the English version until release day, but I'm starting to see a ton of playthroughs.
Once the Game Grumps got their videos out (I think they had a deal to get it out early), pretty much everyone said "Fuck this, I need to get stuff out now." I don't even blame them... the Japanese version is out and Japanese streamers are already doing their thing, completely fucking over the Western streamers who really don't get to be part of the "Souls" experience now. Those first few days of discovery are the best part of Souls and Namco-Bandai just fucked everyone outside of Japan.

Once the Game Grumps got their videos out (I think they had a deal to get it out early), pretty much everyone said "Fuck this, I need to get stuff out now." I don't even blame them... the Japanese version is out and Japanese streamers are already doing their thing, completely fucking over the Western streamers who really don't get to be part of the "Souls" experience now. Those first few days of discovery are the best part of Souls and Namco-Bandai just fucked everyone outside of Japan.
Yeah, and if you want to watch someone play DS well, you don't want to watch Game Grumps.

People with review copies had to agree to an NDA, but there was a leak through Xbox that allowed a ton of people to buy the English version of the game early, and they didn't have to agree to shit.