Random Video Game Crap

MGS V. Snake (Or Big Boss or whoever the hell, I don't follow Metal Gear) has a deployable weather balloon he can attach to objects or people to shoot them into the air.
To give a better explanation than Poe, Big Boss recruits his soldiers for the Diamond Dogs by abducting them from the battlefield and then basically indoctrinating them. If it doesn't work, they get held until ether they give in or the operation is over, at which point they get dumped on the nearest friendly beach with enough cash to get home. The actual abduction takes place by hooking Fultons (weather balloons with attached inflation devices) to the soldiers/equipment/vehicles/wildlife and then hooking them with a helicopter in mid-air before taking them to Mother Base. This works surprisingly well because the Diamond Dogs are an elite unit (so it's technically moving up) and the work is voluntary with a good salary. It's not hard to find soldiers who don't want to deal with politics.

GasBandit

Staff member
Really good Skyrim Mods Weekly this week. The first few mods looked really good, and got me considering firing up Skyrim again to try them out. The final gag mod had me laughing my ass off. "Mana tanks." ha ha ha ha ha

GasBandit

Staff member
Might as well call it the Buxom Lass mod.

--Patrick
Unless that's a specific reference I'm not catching, there's way too many mods on that subject matter for just one to be "the" buxom lass mod. If anything, that title should go to CBBE. (Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition) Some very NSFW pictures at that link, btw.

To give a better explanation than Poe, Big Boss recruits his soldiers for the Diamond Dogs by abducting them from the battlefield and then basically indoctrinating them. If it doesn't work, they get held until ether they give in or the operation is over, at which point they get dumped on the nearest friendly beach with enough cash to get home. The actual abduction takes place by hooking Fultons (weather balloons with attached inflation devices) to the soldiers/equipment/vehicles/wildlife and then hooking them with a helicopter in mid-air before taking them to Mother Base. This works surprisingly well because the Diamond Dogs are an elite unit (so it's technically moving up) and the work is voluntary with a good salary. It's not hard to find soldiers who don't want to deal with politics.
I'm imagining the Diamond Dogs guys picking up Big Boss's latest recruit, and it's a freaking bear. And they look at each other in shock for a few seconds, before shrugging and saying, "Oh, all right, let's see what we can do with this."

Today I read a description of a game that said, "This game has more replayability than your dick." I thought it was a delightful description. It also made me think... what games would you say truly have more replayability than your dick?

GasBandit

Staff member
Today I read a description of a game that said, "This game has more replayability than your dick." I thought it was a delightful description. It also made me think... what games would you say truly have more replayability than your dick?
I dunno, I mean, that's a pretty tall order. I mean, that is nearly infinitely replayable. Granted the single player is only kinda good, but the multiplayer'd be really hard to beat.

GasBandit

Staff member
Did you tell her that monitor is bigger than most TV screens were when it first came out?
Eh, I don't know about that, if you clip off the unused side portions, that's only about a 15" screen there. Most TVs have easily been in the 29-32" range since the 80s, when the NES came out.

GasBandit

Staff member
I played it on a 13" when I was a kid.
So did I, because my folks didn't want to give up the living room TV to mario 24/7. But that's still not "most TVs."

IIRC, the sizes generally went something like 13, 19 or 20, 27, 34, and then went into the "big screen" rear projection varieties.