Random Video Game Crap

The best thing about Blood Bowl 3 is that it brought a lot of new players to Blood Bowl 2.
But to explain BB3... where do I start.

It all went downhill when Blood Bowl 1 became popular and Games Workshop, who hadn't supported the blood bowl games in decades at that point, started to realize that one of their properties was getting popular. The player community had maintained the game up until that point, even fixing the rules and refining them into what was originally called LRB6, or Living RuleBook 6, and to many these are still -the- best rules for the game.

Then Games Workshop offered to sponsor Cyanide, the eurojank developer that made the first game, to make Blood Bowl 2. And Cyanide announced they were going to make whole new rules and make this into an e-sport with microtransactions and a currency you can use in the store and maybe even win by gameplay, but player pushback and a lack of time and competency meant they basically had to cut all that and just make a better version of BB2. And eventually they released legendary edition, adding all the stuff that was missing from the first iteration, and it's still probably the best way to play the game online if you want an actual graphical interface.

Then a new parent company acquired cyanide and decided to do all the stuff they threatened to do in BB2, this time using the new rules that have since been put out by Games Workshop, and it's a giant dumpster fire. The upcoming season 1 patch (complete with a battle pass) is supposed to finally add the ability to run online leagues, which had been vital to the game for decades now. And maybe they'll even add the ability to reconnect after disconnecting, if we're lucky.

BB3 is bad. Real bad.

I’ll bet watching movies is torture for them.
“The movie is supposed to be set in Detroit, but this is actually Dallas…aaand now we’re in Pennsylvania for some reason?”

—Patrick

I’ll bet watching movies is torture for them.
“The movie is supposed to be set in Detroit, but this is actually Dallas…aaand now we’re in Pennsylvania for some reason?”

—Patrick
I don't have his ability and movies set in Germany feel already like this to me.

I guess all people who know the places feel like this. Like people from Vancouver with movies in a New York setting.

But to explain BB3... where do I start.

It all went downhill when Blood Bowl 1 became popular and Games Workshop, who hadn't supported the blood bowl games in decades at that point, started to realize that one of their properties was getting popular. The player community had maintained the game up until that point, even fixing the rules and refining them into what was originally called LRB6, or Living RuleBook 6, and to many these are still -the- best rules for the game.

Then Games Workshop offered to sponsor Cyanide, the eurojank developer that made the first game, to make Blood Bowl 2. And Cyanide announced they were going to make whole new rules and make this into an e-sport with microtransactions and a currency you can use in the store and maybe even win by gameplay, but player pushback and a lack of time and competency meant they basically had to cut all that and just make a better version of BB2. And eventually they released legendary edition, adding all the stuff that was missing from the first iteration, and it's still probably the best way to play the game online if you want an actual graphical interface.

Then a new parent company acquired cyanide and decided to do all the stuff they threatened to do in BB2, this time using the new rules that have since been put out by Games Workshop, and it's a giant dumpster fire. The upcoming season 1 patch (complete with a battle pass) is supposed to finally add the ability to run online leagues, which had been vital to the game for decades now. And maybe they'll even add the ability to reconnect after disconnecting, if we're lucky.

BB3 is bad. Real bad.
Thank you for the full answer. I am both enlightened and unsurprised.

GasBandit

Staff member
I know the meme and the item but what was it purpose in the game anyway?

At first glance, I thought Haley was specifically asking for a cucumber that weighs 750 grams (~26oz).
"HALEY NO," indeed.

--Patrick

Sovietwomble uploaded twice in 24 hours.

I mean, the second video is just him fishing and not a bullshittery, but still.

Anybody who complains that Final Fantasy xvi has not enough diversity probably don't like that the slaves in the game are white.

Anybody who complains that Final Fantasy xvi has not enough diversity probably don't like that the slaves in the game are white.

I've played quite a bit of xvi now, and I have lots of problems with the game, and while lack of diversity probably wouldn't crack my top ten (there's a lot more wrong then that) it's still obviously a problem that's very common, especially among Japanese companies that love to white wash all of their characters, even the Asian ones.

I've played quite a bit of xvi now, and I have lots of problems with the game, and while lack of diversity probably wouldn't crack my top ten (there's a lot more wrong then that) it's still obviously a problem that's very common, especially among Japanese companies that love to white wash all of their characters, even the Asian ones.
I'm halfway through. It looks like the game is just beginning.

I can't wait to wait until it comes to PC, without any of the DLC that will be released in the next year or two, charging full price and expecting PC players to wait the same amount of time for DLC.