Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm obviously biased, but I kinda wish Sierra games got a bit more representation. They often represented the next jump in PC gaming in the early days, usually being the first games to implement new technology or features in the latest game.

It's also interesting how, once Doom hits, it's a slew of FPS imitators.
Indeed, there were a number of Wolfenstein copycats, (Catabyss, Ken's Labyrinth, Blake Stone, Corridor 7 jump right to memory)... but once Doom showed what was possible, the floodgates REALLY opened. Fond memories of those heady days.

And yeah, the video did miss out on a lot of other games... but fear not! They made
three
more
videos

And yeah, the video did miss out on a lot of other games... but fear not! They made
three
One Must Fall 2097... Dangerous Dave...

Now those are names i haven't though about in a while...

And the one where the dog beats you up is familiar too, though i didn't remember the name ( Eternam )...

I wonder whatever happened to all the shareware cd's we use to have...

One Must Fall 2097... Dangerous Dave...

Now those are names i haven't though about in a while...

And the one where the dog beats you up is familiar too, though i didn't remember the name ( Eternam )...

I wonder whatever happened to all the shareware cd's we use to have...
I recently reinstalled OMF2097 because it's over of my favorite fighting games, but for some reason I can't get it to play tournaments. And the base single player game is so basic it's just not worth it

GasBandit

Staff member
I was playing OMF2097 at MyAbandonware, and the tournaments work, it's just a shame you can't save your progress to resume at a later session because the dosbox sandbox is destroyed when you navigate away from the page.

I was trying to use the rebuild that didn't involve having to set up a whole dosbox for it. I may have to go the DB route I guess. But not being able to save pretty m much breaks tournaments too - some of those took several hours to get through after all

GasBandit

Staff member
Y'all shoulda seen the very long bwahaha he sent me along with a screenshot of steam showing me in Crush Crush right after we first friended on Steam.

I know he was all "i know you are masturbating right now". But here's the thing...i was :rofl:
I didn't even know there WAS a steam version of Crush Crush til I saw you playing it! I thought it was a browser game until that point (because I'd been playing it in a web browser)... so I thought you'd added it as a non-steam game to specifically scream at all your friends "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M TRYING TO HAVE SEX WITH A BEAR"

figmentPez

Staff member
The controversy over this video is hilarious. There are accusations that the game is getting review-bombed by Dunkey fans because of this (despite that the game still has mostly positive reviews), but Dunkey has responded saying that the negative reviews are actually Sonic fans trying to smear Dunkey by making negative reviews with names like Dunkeyfan123.

figmentPez

Staff member
The existence of Balenciaga implies the existence of Balencie, Balencia, and Balenciaja.

It's a joke about high fashion shoes and Final Fantasy spell names.

I think I've posted his videos here before, but I really like Warlockracy. He gives a very good insight into Russia through the lens of Russian made video games.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's one I have high hopes for - Jumplight Odyssey. Sort of a Rimworld-meets-FTL management sim with a Space Battleship Yamato bent.

Here's one I have high hopes for - Jumplight Odyssey. Sort of a Rimworld-meets-FTL management sim with a Space Battleship Yamato bent.

If you are interested in an another game with a Space Battleship Yamato bent, I heard good things about The Captain. It's a point and click adventure however.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you are interested in an another game with a Space Battleship Yamato bent, I heard good things about The Captain. It's a point and click adventure however.
I appreciate the recommendation. However, what drew me to this was the management sim aspect.