Random Comic Book Crap

Well it looks like Ken Penders is gonna try to sue Paramount this time, REALLY hope he does and loses everything,than maybe the comics could use Scourge again.

And why does he believes he has any right to do so?
Fans say two of the characters in the film are his echidna OCs from his Archie days,as well as claiming the Master Emerald being all powerful was HIS idea despite that being game canon since 2 years before his run.

I read the synopsis of this comic, and it basically said, "Make sure @ThatNickGuy knows about this," so here I am.

--Patrick

I read the synopsis of this comic, and it basically said, "Make sure @ThatNickGuy knows about this," so here I am.

--Patrick
Oh yes, I've head about this book. I've seen some comic creators, like Kurt Busiek, talk about it on Twitter. I should add the audiobook to my wishlist.

Marvel’s Squirrel Girl: The Unbeatable Radio Show debuts today on all podcast players, written by North and voiced by actor Milana Vayntrub (Gizmodo)
And hopefully unlike "Batman the Audio Adventures", ALL of it will be downloaded on podcast services, instead of only the first two eps with the rest you have to watch on a god damn streaming service.

Because if there's one thing I like doing while listening to a podcast, its being forced to have a still video of a radio on my phone for the same amount of time.

A short thread on my struggles to just buy some comics on Comixilogy.

I didn't say it on Twitter, but I pirated them, anyway, to read on ComicRack. Because the new Comixology's reader is shit. I just wanted to support the creator.

A short thread on my struggles to just buy some comics on Comixilogy.

I didn't say it on Twitter, but I pirated them, anyway, to read on ComicRack. Because the new Comixology's reader is shit. I just wanted to support the creator.

Yeah, they messed up kindle too, including the ability to select the prime first look books through your phone. I am pretty sure it is due to legal disputes but I haven't read any of the news on it.

I'm almost a step away from dropping every subscription to DC comics I have until the next obligatory retcon reboot. WHICH WILL happen, they're writing themselves into MULTIPLE corners, the kind that need crazy retcon bullshit.

And hopefully a Wonder Woman book where she's not under the shadow of her supporting cast, the current issue felt more like a TEAM Wonder Woman book than a Wonder Woman book.

Dale Keown, a comic book artist perhaps best known for his work with Peter David on Hulk, passed out drunk on his first livestream for 4-5 hours, before being woken up by his girlfriend, and knocked over his piss bottle in the process.

Sadly, THIS was how I learned that he's also a Comicsgater. So much disappointment packed into that, I don't even know where to begin.

@ThatNickGuy Nicholas Jaysen Elizabeth Piers, this one is for you for sure.

Apparently the anti-woke confederate super hero movie, funded on having the involvement of winners like Chuck Dixon, had it's funding mysteriously disappear and the whole thing was a, shocked face, grift!?

@ThatNickGuy Nicholas Jaysen Elizabeth Piers, this one is for you for sure.

Apparently the anti-woke confederate super hero movie, funded on having the involvement of winners like Chuck Dixon, had it's funding mysteriously disappear and the whole thing was a, shocked face, grift!?

ohnoanyway.gif

...WOW I was just expecting some cheesecake jokes from Empowered, I didn't expect...FULL ON misogynoir. Seriously, its one thing that the comic has a character called "Sistah Spooky"(just...just wrong) but she's ALSO a lesbian and ALSO prejudiced against white blonde women....the writer wrote a gay black superhero who hates other women and needs to learn the lesson to not be prejudiced....I was really hoping the worst from this comic was fan service, but the world proves me wrong.

figmentPez

Staff member
Best Reddit comment of the day, maybe month. Someone posted panels from Joe Fixit #1 where Joe beats up Kingpin.

In one of the panels Spider-Man says "This is the greatest day of my life."

To which Antique_futurist replied, "This is the greatest day of your life that Marvel will allow you to remember."

I hope that there wasn't any original artwork destroyed by that massive burn.

There's constant threads on Resetera about the weird shit going on in Marvel and DC and more than ever it just seems to be whatever fetishes the writers are into constantly pouring into their work.

It's probably for the best that comics are read by about 12 people worldwide at this point,

Those panels above are nothing compared to the weird shit they've been doing in DC.

I read the latest issue of Saga just now. Am I the only one feeling like the Saga magic isn't there anymore? I was obsessed with the series up until the long hiatus. When it came back, it was still good, but I didn't feel that same excitement for reading it.

I can't put my finger on why I feel this way, either. Don't get me wrong. Fiona Staples' art is still top notch and I'm curious to see where the story goes, but there's just something about it that doesn't feel the same anymore. Maybe the hiatus was far too long and killed it for me?

I've been feeling like Saga has been spinning it's wheels for a while even before the hiatus (which has been LOOOONG) and I say that as someone with a copy of the first issue signed by Fiona Staples, one of two signed comics I own.

Hopefully it can be wrapped up I guess.