Random Comic Book Crap

I've read the first two issues of Batman 89 and now I'm mad I didn't wait for the first story to finish before I jumped in. It fucking rules so far.

1. It's taking the asshole Batman vigilante fans and doing something FAR more realistic with them.
2. Harvey Dent's ethnicity is incredibly important to the story.
3. Batman's realizing he's part of the problem.

I'm only two issues in and I'm already mad that this wasn't the actual Batman 3.

Oh shit, I just came to edit this, apparently the writer is literally the writer of Batman and Batman Returns so this is as legit a true sequel to those movies as anything.

Last edited:
I guess DC is getting into the NFT game?

I didn't register for fandome, but I got a free NFT code in email today. Maybe it's because I signed up to DC Universe on my roku last year some time? At the time, it was the only way to stream the Harley Quinn animated series.

Whatever. I own a couple free NFTs now that I don't seem to be able to do anything with. Maybe one day I'll be able to trade it for a few pennies when they allow trading of them. (shrug)

1634090599934.png

I've mentioned my headcanon about Clark, baseball, and smashed radios. He single-handedly kept the Kansas radio repair industry afloat.

New headcanon: Pa got fed up with the repair bills, so he made Clark learn electronics repair. During those losing seasons, he got a LOT of practice.

Doom is showing off his new aircraft to the Fantastic Four.
Reed spends half an hour in close examination. Comes up with a 15-page treatise on its flaws.
Doom: "Bah! Fool!"
Ben walks around it for about 10 seconds. "It's crap!"
Doom: "What? No! How!? Where!?"
Prove me wrong.

The more I read about Dan Didio, the more I'm glad he was fired. Just...just a TERRIBLE editor in chief, okay writer but a HORRIBLE editor in chief.

And this is why Chicago will never be more than the 2nd City. :p

Traditionally, @ThatNickGuy, a "Chicago Dog" contains specific ingredients like mustard and a poppyseed bun. Hot dogs, in general, can be enjoyed with whatever the hell you want to put on them. Like ketchup? Have at it! Personally I like mustard, but ketchup is normal unless you're looking at a specific recipe.

And this is why Chicago will never be more than the 2nd City. :p

Traditionally, @ThatNickGuy, a "Chicago Dog" contains specific ingredients like mustard and a poppyseed bun. Hot dogs, in general, can be enjoyed with whatever the hell you want to put on them. Like ketchup? Have at it! Personally I like mustard, but ketchup is normal unless you're looking at a specific recipe.
Could be worse, I guess. When I was a kid, people thought it was disgusting that I put peanut butter on my hot dogs.

And their pizza is not pizza. It's lasagna casserole.
Okay, let's not take things too far.

Hot dogs, like all other sausages, need to be enjoyed boiled in beer and grilled to just the right level of doneness before being put on a good sized brat bun with kraut and Secret Stadium Sauce.

Okay, let's not take things too far.

Hot dogs, like all other sausages, need to be enjoyed boiled in beer and grilled to just the right level of doneness before being put on a good sized brat bun with kraut and Secret Stadium Sauce.
Sauerkraut is absolutely disgusting. I can enjoy hot dogs with almost any version of their “normal” toppings, but not kraut.

And Chicago-style pizza is delicious… so long as you don’t really think of it as pizza.

The “Worst Regional Style of Pizza” Award still goes to California, though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sauerkraut is absolutely disgusting. I can enjoy hot dogs with almost any version of their “normal” toppings, but not kraut.
I used to think I hated sauerkraut, but then I learned that there's a huge difference between brined and fermented. Soaking cabbage in brine of vinegar, salt, and such results in a very different flavor from fermenting it with lactobacillus bacteria. Turns out I just don't like acetic acid much, but lactic acid is tasty to me. Same goes to a lesser degree for pickles. (Though I do like pickled red onions with vinegar, maybe because they're not brined as long.)

Chicago pizza can be good. Ketchup is one of the most versatile sauces on the planet, the base of so many good things. Even well done steak has its place but if you stand up to wipe your ass so help me God.

"Justice League vs. Legion of Super Heroes" came out last week, and I'm UTTERLY CONFUSED...when the hell its supposed to take place. For one, Clark's hair is all black whereas in the Warworld saga his hair is greying a tad, and if it was JUST that I'd be fine...buuuuuuuuuuuuut Wonder Woman is ALSO there, despite the fact that she...only came back recently after Death Metal-UGH! This is why people have trouble getting into comics, the timelines continuously suck at meshing, and its just damn confusing.

ALSO-its a Bendis...ensemble book so...yeah, feel free to skip. At least 20 different characters talking to each other in a single book, OOF.

I have tried Chicago-style pizza from a legit Chicago pizzeria on the north side of Chicago.

The Wisconsinite in me agrees with the video - the cheese needs to be ON TOP.

figmentPez

Staff member
Do you think the superhero Cyborg ever gets blamed for shit that the Cyborg Superman did? Like some random bystander is like "Thank you for saving those people, it's good to see you turning things around after destroying Coast City."

"That wasn't me, that was someone pretending to be Superman."

"That's the right attitude, you're a new person now. The old you doesn't exist anymore. Still, it was pretty awful of you to try to blame that on Superman. Pretty good disguise though, fooled a lot of people!"

He probably gets blamed for stuff Metallo does, too.

Do you think the superhero Cyborg ever gets blamed for shit that the Cyborg Superman did? Like some random bystander is like "Thank you for saving those people, it's good to see you turning things around after destroying Coast City."

"That wasn't me, that was someone pretending to be Superman."

"That's the right attitude, you're a new person now. The old you doesn't exist anymore. Still, it was pretty awful of you to try to blame that on Superman. Pretty good disguise though, fooled a lot of people!"

He probably gets blamed for stuff Metallo does, too.
Probably better than the number of people that ask if he's still got a dick.