Random Comic Book Crap

In between Trump Prime going senile at G7, Brazilian Trump letting the Amazon burn, and British Trump doing Brexit WTFery, Twitter takes time out for this bit of pure gold.

The thread. read the whole thread.

Mayor of Rio de Janeiro tried to get copies of Avengers: The Children's Crusade banned from sale at a book fair because it had a kiss between Wiccan and Hulkling. Courts have told him to fuck off citing freedom of expression, copies of the book have sold out & one of Brazil's biggest newspapers published this front page

Being an alt of @JCM I should know this already, but how do you say "burn" in Portugese? :rofl:

Man oh MAN can I...not wait for Bendis's Superman runs to end. They ain't the worst things I've ever read, but compared to Tomasi and Jurgen's runs its no god damned contest. Probably gonna drop it after the "Reveal" story depending on how stupid it is.

GasBandit

Staff member
So... heh... snrk... heh heh... get this.

Marvel's "New Warriors" comic is shaping up to look really... ha ha ha ha...

Look. They've got twin non-binary gender teen supers named SNOWFLAKE and SAFESPACE.

And just in case you still harbored any doubts that this was the work of some out of touch anglo cishet dude either trying to white knight or cash in on being woke (Poe's Law makes it difficult to tell sometimes)...

... there's also a character who is a meme junkie and his power is googling.

Because memes are what the kids are into these days, right? That'll sell some dead tree comics!

Where's that political compass meme that just has "Fuck you, Marvel!" in all 5 spots (including Center)?

--Patrick

So... heh... snrk... heh heh... get this.

Marvel's "New Warriors" comic is shaping up to look really... ha ha ha ha...

Look. They've got twin non-binary gender teen supers named SNOWFLAKE and SAFESPACE.

And just in case you still harbored any doubts that this was the work of some out of touch anglo cishet dude either trying to white knight or cash in on being woke (Poe's Law makes it difficult to tell sometimes)...

... there's also a character who is a meme junkie and his power is googling.

Because memes are what the kids are into these days, right? That'll sell some dead tree comics!
Is the editor in chief still that white dude that pretended to be Japanese to get work doing Japanese Marvel stories?

YUP!