[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I think Sonya's happy, kind of goofy expression was excellent. After two weeks of extruded shit in the form of "vintage LOLBat" three good PVP strips, and on time no less.

Well, at least he has a video crew following him around now. That's a good use of his time and energy.

(I just don't see The Tastemaker as having enough offline personality to fill in one show, let alone several)

I disagree, having listened to some 7.4 days total of Scott and Kris branded podcasts, several times each. I pledged enough to get the signed DVD and soundtrack download.

I disagree, having listened to some 7.4 days total of Scott and Kris branded podcasts, several times each. I pledged enough to get the signed DVD and soundtrack download.
Heh, remember the PVP animated series DVDs? How long did those take to arrive at customers' houses?

figmentPez

Staff member
Heh, remember the PVP animated series DVDs? How long did those take to arrive at customers' houses?
And they were crap when they arrived. The menus were broken, the aspect ratios were screwed up, the audio had volume issues and it was total amateur hour all around. I enjoyed the animated series, but I felt cheated when I bought the DVD.

And they were crap when they arrived. The menus were broken, the aspect ratios were screwed up, the audio had volume issues and it was total amateur hour all around. I enjoyed the animated series, but I felt cheated when I bought the DVD.
I remember that. You know whats funny? I sent Scott an email from my production company that I was with (we primarily did Medical DVD's at the time) and said I'd be interested in helping him with the DVD stuff, even doing it at a lower rate, etc, etc. Never heard back. Which sucks for him because I know we would have done a better job than the hacks he got.

I agree. When I read one of his rants I can't stand the guy but when I listen to a podcast or watch a video with him in it I want to hang out with him. He's really entertaining and it comes across well in video. I'm glad they raised the 50k needed to produce the video.
And in reading Twitter now people are attacking him for using kickstarter to raise the money. I don't see how he puts up with it. Everything he does is scrutinized and judged. Considering his fund raised 50k in a week I would assume the haters are small in numbers compared to his supporters.

I agree. When I read one of his rants I can't stand the guy but when I listen to a podcast or watch a video with him in it I want to hang out with him. He's really entertaining and it comes across well in video. I'm glad they raised the 50k needed to produce the video.
And in reading Twitter now people are attacking him for using kickstarter to raise the money. I don't see how he puts up with it. Everything he does is scrutinized and judged. Considering his fund raised 50k in a week I would assume the haters are small in numbers compared to his supporters.
Wait, what's to hate about using kickstarter to produce a project? That's kind of what it's for.

Wait, what's to hate about using kickstarter to produce a project? That's kind of what it's for.
I think they were complaining about Scott putting the risk of this on other people, instead of paying for it himself. These people don't understand how business works.

figmentPez

Staff member
Kurtz had something against it because he thought it was like begging for money. "you look like a string of goddamn hobos with your hats on the ground." if the quote is correct. Then he found out that Paypal only allows for charges to be made immediately, and not scheduled for some future date like Kickstarter. Basically it dawned on him that Kickstarter has a purpose and isn't just a virtual donation hat.

I'm looking forward to listening to Webcomics Weekly #81, to hear his thoughts on the matter more fully.

Yeah he apparently recants his thoughts on Kickstarter, which isn't surprising giving the OVERWHELMING success he and Kris have had with it this week.

Kurtz had something against it because he thought it was like begging for money. "you look like a string of goddamn hobos with your hats on the ground." if the quote is correct. Then he found out that Paypal only allows for charges to be made immediately, and not scheduled for some future date like Kickstarter. Basically it dawned on him that Kickstarter has a purpose and isn't just a virtual donation hat.

I'm looking forward to listening to Webcomics Weekly #81, to hear his thoughts on the matter more fully.
Interesting. I could understand his initial confusion. A lot of people don't really get Kickstarter immediately, for some reason.

Whelp, even as a non-hater, not gonna lie: this bears a remarkable similarity to the Marcy storyline. (We never saw her new boyfriend, right?)

15 imaginary bucks says Sonya's new boyfriend is another supernatural creature. 5 imaginary bucks says it's Shucky.

I actually kinda made an "aww" sound today. I don't know if the arc is going anywhere from here, but I don't mind the store repeat if he's actually doing some Francis/skull development with it.

Dave

Staff member
I agree. Today's strip is wonderful. Francis realized he was being a dick and empathized with Skull. Our little Shaggy is growing up.

Dave

Staff member
You guys know me. I don't make the "SCOTT IS FAT HURR HURR!!" jokes. But do you think today's strip is as much about that as anything? This comic just feels uncomfortably autobiographical for Scott.

Anyone else get this vibe?

You guys know me. I don't make the "SCOTT IS FAT HURR HURR!!" jokes. But do you think today's strip is as much about that as anything? This comic just feels uncomfortably autobiographical for Scott.

Anyone else get this vibe?