[PC Game] Pillars of Eternity

The wands and other implement weapons are very much like the at wills from D&D and Pathfinder (better than Pathfinder's 1d3 acid splash). Add the crush talent and they're doing AoE damage with their wands/scepters/rods. It's straight up better then. On top of that, they get their per encounter abilities. What'dya want, Wizards to be the best melee too?

Yeah, I think Wizards are fine as they are in Pillars. If you want a caster that's casting all the time, play a cypher.

What'dya want, Wizards to be the best melee too?

No, i wanted ranged at-wills, duh...

To be honest i prefer having more options at lvl 1 with all classes, and the system they have would really lend itself to having different, low lvl, effects right from the get go (like some would slow down atk speed by a little, others would affect armour etc)...

Running out of options beyond waking them with your weapon has always annoyed me in any games. But that's a personal preference i guess.

I've been playing this since day one, as much as I can, and I just finally got my stronghold last night.

...I, uh, may or may not be the very fastest of players and/or have pretty limited game time :(

I lost interest in the game, it may come back at some point. I truly dislike the health system or dare I say rest system. I'm gonna wait until there's a mod that gives me more than 3-4 camps, running back to town took me out of it. Also all the patching and balancing going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I burned out on it, only because I kept hitting roadblocks where I needed to re-optimize my character's skill selections or go with a different class, and I got tired of redoing the same starting quests over and over. I'm sure I'll go back to it before too terribly long, once I get some of my WoW-lust out of my system.

Alternative answer: git gud, scrub.
Well, no. 'Don't start off on Hard, then complain about some things being hard'. Starting off on a higher difficulty, then complaining when some deliberate choices to make it harder make it, you know, harder, is silly.

I wanted to play on hard with the in-game characters and the main tank options are mediocre at best. That health bar was pretty much rekted without even going down in combat.

Thus lots of camping and going to buy more shit.

My mistake of trying that, didn't know in-game companions can only be used on normal or easy.

Pallegina stats btw? JESUS CHRIST, terrible.

I do agree the stat distributions on the characters are horrible, horrible, horrible.
Well, that's because they're created as realistic stats rather than the min-maxed super strong, idiotic, non-charismatic, super tough, wisdom of an icecube PC's that most people create.

Meh, my character is far from minmaxed, with at least 10 in every stat - and it's still more optimal than the 12-or-13-everywhere- characters they've made.

Well, that's because they're created as realistic stats rather than the min-maxed super strong, idiotic, non-charismatic, super tough, wisdom of an icecube PC's that most people create.
Didn't u make a super tank PC the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to figure out why you'd want realistic stats. A balanced character is going to be pretty worthless compared to one with a 16+ in one or two stats.

While I feel like I can min/max with the best of them, I always assumed that someone with a 16STR was probably going to end up as a Fighter class anyway. Unless you're running a gimmick character of some sort, you're not going to find many wizards with an INT of 7, except as possible cautionary tales back at the academy.

--Patrick

He ain't going down often but he sure as fuck needed a rest every 2 fights just taking on a beating.
Meanwhile, my Cleric can only stand there with limited spells per rest and heal his endurance only.
Truly lame mechanics.

But hey, that's just me.

Fuck me for not enjoying the trips back to town or outside of dungeons because "you can't rest here."

There's "limited" health healing :p But I would've been happy with a bit more of it. Once per rest one guy unless you really work for it is a bit blegh.